Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:32 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Greetings everyone,

I haven't read Sioux's book, so maybe it is wrong for me to comment, but based on the discussion, I have to offer my own experience on this matter.

I, too wrote a book called "A New Revelation: Exploring the Urantia Book." I wrote it to be an introductory for people who might want a summation of what the Urantia Book says.

I, too, wrote a brief history of the origins based on my research from people I spoke to over the years, including Larry Mullen, Dr. Meredith Sprunger, Barry Bedell and an elderly in Phoenix I met years ago, someone who sat in on a few of the study sessions at Diversey when the book was first being read in the early 1930's (prior to its publications).

Dr. Sadler was reluctant to believe in TUB for a long time, finally giving in because after 30 years, he couldn't prove it was a fake. These are hardly the actions of a person who would channel book and then not claim credit.

The fact is the Sadlers' would have lost everything if they were found to be cooking up some false tome and then try to pass it off as some spiritual revelation, knowing it wasn't. The credibility and character of these two individuals makes it hard for me to believe they could have held up the facade for as long as they did.

So I agree with Larry Watkins, stay away from books that claim the Urantia Book was channelled. Sadler says it wasn't, I believe him. The book stands on its own merits and one day, people will realize that the Urantia Book actually answers the question of who wrote it, at the end of every chapter.

The actual materialization of the book, the actual writings could have been done by a Midwayer acting as a sort of secretary, like a court reporter.

I think it was Sadler himself who said, "if one hears a beautiful piece of music, does he need to know the composer in order to validate its beauty?" (or something like that)

Profile Send private message