Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:23 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Quote:
The Urantia movement-a little-known but fast-growing cult-is an ideology that had claimed this author's soul for twelve years until she miraculously got set free from it by the power of God. "The Urantia Book," the cornerstone of this movement, has a subtle, Hitler-like spirit woven throughout its fabric, and claims to be the model for the so-called "New Age." The second major episode in the author's life is equally miraculous in that she was able to get off an extremely high amount of anti-depressant drugs she had become dependent on because of the deep depression this book caused her to sink into. The author tells the reader in Way of Escape how she fell into this trap of the Urantia book, how she got out, and how she got free from the doctor-prescribed medicine that would have eventually claimed her life. "This is a book that is hard to put down. You just want to keep reading to see what happens next. Simply written in everyday dialog, it's like the author is sitting in your living room sharing the journey of her life. Hers is a story of hope. It's amusing and refreshing, it's sad, it's serious-it's real life. Maintaining a sense of humor and a quest for God through so much drama, turmoil, and personal challenge is a miracle in and of itself. It is a story of ongoing deliverance." L.V., Texas. "This book is quite an adventure into the discerning of God's will. Read it with an open heart, and the truth will set you free." N.B., New Hampshire. "This story reveals the depth of God's love for His children and shows His mighty hand of deliverance in setting the captives free." T.M.P., Texas.
http://www.amazon.com/THE-ESCAPE-Mary-A ... 1612157890

I am surprised that a book like this actually exists, and I wonder how she came to be indoctrinated into the supposed "cult" known as the Urantia Book. I almost feel sorry for this lady.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Yoder777 wrote:
Quote:
The Urantia movement-a little-known but fast-growing cult-is an ideology that had claimed this author's soul for twelve years until she miraculously got set free from it by the power of God. "The Urantia Book," the cornerstone of this movement, has a subtle, Hitler-like spirit woven throughout its fabric, and claims to be the model for the so-called "New Age." The second major episode in the author's life is equally miraculous in that she was able to get off an extremely high amount of anti-depressant drugs she had become dependent on because of the deep depression this book caused her to sink into. The author tells the reader in Way of Escape how she fell into this trap of the Urantia book, how she got out, and how she got free from the doctor-prescribed medicine that would have eventually claimed her life. "This is a book that is hard to put down. You just want to keep reading to see what happens next. Simply written in everyday dialog, it's like the author is sitting in your living room sharing the journey of her life. Hers is a story of hope. It's amusing and refreshing, it's sad, it's serious-it's real life. Maintaining a sense of humor and a quest for God through so much drama, turmoil, and personal challenge is a miracle in and of itself. It is a story of ongoing deliverance." L.V., Texas. "This book is quite an adventure into the discerning of God's will. Read it with an open heart, and the truth will set you free." N.B., New Hampshire. "This story reveals the depth of God's love for His children and shows His mighty hand of deliverance in setting the captives free." T.M.P., Texas.

I am surprised that a book like this actually exists, and I wonder how she came to be indoctrinated into the supposed "cult" known as the Urantia Book. I almost feel sorry for this lady.

The racial papers, sadly, is u.b.'s Achilles heel.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

The racial papers are no more an Achilles heel than any of the other revealed information. Non-believers will latch onto anything that will make it easy to discredit and race is always a hot button but there's nothing there that will unsettle a believer, no matter what the color of their skin. It's a topic that provides a new way of looking at race, a topic most people shy away from.

Larry

PostPosted:  

True Larry. Some of those topics many find too "extreme" include: no pet heaven (seriously); no atonement; no reincarnation; no perfection of being for "saved" mortals - still some perfecting to do; the trinity; Jesus Christ - a real challenge for a few billion; Jesus not being the "only" begotten; people on billions of worlds; no chosen people; oh yes, that list goes on and on. Prejudice is quite the challenge I think for every single student....some are just better truth seekers and students is the only difference. Who can transcend their ignorance and prejudice? Only those will embrace truth.

8)

PostPosted:  

kahanyah wrote:
Yoder777 wrote:
Quote:

http://truthbook.com/urantia/faq/is-the ... ook-racist

There is a difference between discussing race and being racist.

PostPosted:  

'' Some of those topics many find too "extreme" include: no pet heaven (seriously); no atonement; no reincarnation; no perfection of being for "saved" mortals - still some perfecting to do; the trinity; Jesus Christ - a real challenge for a few billion; Jesus not being the "only" begotten; people on billions of worlds; no chosen people; oh yes, that list goes on and on. Prejudice is quite the challenge I think for every single student....some are just better truth seekers and students is the only difference. Who can transcend their ignorance and prejudice? Only those will embrace truth.''

Thankfully ALL These So called Issues an More
Shall be Fully explained, Understood n revealed on our journey
on the Mansion worlds an Beyond . :wink:

Albeit IMO They already are Fully explained Within
The FER / The Urantia Book !

PostPosted:  

Yoder777 wrote:

There is a difference between discussing race and being racist.

Here are UB discussions on race that rightfully would be considered "racist" by today's definition of the term.

Quote:
"...mulatto... [p]hysically, such white black hybrids are excellent specimens of humanity, notwithstanding their slight inferiority in some other respects."

"slight inferiority"? If a "Mulatto" (obsolete) today read that section, do you think they would not interpret such pronouncement as racist?

Quote:
2 The earlier races are somewhat superior to the later; the red man stands far above the indigo—black—race...

3 On those worlds having all six evolutionary races the superior peoples are the first, third, and fifth races—the red, the yellow, and the blue. The evolutionary races thus alternate in capacity for intellectual growth and spiritual development, the second, fourth, and sixth being somewhat less endowed.

The Revelator establishes the fact that among the early six evolutionary races, the second forth and six are inferior, intellectually and spiritually. And then goes on to point out the race today to whom those three are ancestral...

Quote:
8 3. The Negroid—the secondary Sangik type, which originally included the orange, green, and indigo races. This is the type best illustrated by the Negro, and it will be found through Africa, India, and Indonesia wherever the secondary Sangik races located.

Personally I have no problem with the racial papers. And I believe with today's scientific discoveries, as a reader of UB, one is responsible for updating the science in the racial papers. The fact is, the revelation was made during a period in American history (Jim Crow) when that kind of thinking and science was acceptable. In fact, the revelators throw in a caveat to address particular revelations. TUB tells us that certain revealed information is 'transient' and 'practically adapted to local conditions.' I believe the caveat applies to the socio-racial conditions of the mid-20th century.

I am not going to delude myself with the notion that the racial language used in TUB in today's society isn't considered racist. It is.

PostPosted:  

Have you read this article?

Can you please tell me where, specifically, you disagree with the article? I don't believe it's racist to say that some races are generally superior in certain characteristics than others, if you are discussing races as they existed tens of thousands of years ago.

PostPosted:  

As a white (the "un"-race) man, it is truly impossible for me to understand the perspective of women or those of any color and I think it best to remain very sensitive to their social and historical views regarding discrimination and the isms of race and sex. I have often wondered why then there are usually these 6 races introduced into the evolutionary blood and the Adamic. What is the purpose and value that these primary colored races bring to the table of evolutionary upliftment. Surely none of these are created for the purpose of genocidal elimination. So, one must conclude, that each has both superior and inferior potentials that, when combined by a patient and persistant process of selectivity in breeding, upstep the whole population accordingly.

Our history of, first, rebellion and, next, default certainly destroyed the "normal" progressions of all races - the 6 and the native. I think it key to remember that when "degenerative" is used, it is isolated from specific races or includes all races, including the "un-race". Degenerative stock exists everywhere and I believe indicates genetic deterioration leading to disease vulnerabilities or other related maladies. I also think it important to acknowledge that it is the infusion and inclusion of Adamic genetics that is the only measure here being applied to the calculus since the default. And that lack of infusion has led directly to ALL races being inferior to the ideal amalgamation.

My sister married black and my wife's sister did too.....such good husbands and fathers and their children are the twinkle in both families' eyes. And critical elements in both families over coming personal/social prejudice and learning truly the meaning of the children's hymn - Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight, ALL the children of the world. The grandparents on all 4 sides of the families had to lay much aside to create a single, unified family that loves one another - first for the children and then by the realities of love and family. These are very important social intersections of progress that overcome the prejudices of all parties concerned and the culture of change that leads us forward...progression. For centuries to come, managed-genetics, especially race related is off limits in my view specifically because we have so much social degeneration to overcome that knows no colors. Science must mature to allow voluntary genetic repairs/cures/upliftment regardless of paternity. Until then, amalgamation continues to break down prejudice and hate by improving familiarity and culture....to me, this is worthy regardless of genetic outcomes until such time that true celestial leadership reappears to address that issue. Fear and hate are far worse than anything else right now and it is the fearful and hateful I believe to be the degenerate stock on the world today....no matter the color it comes in.

No point in finding fault in those who take some offence to the Revelation....it is hard to put it all in context and there is that for each of us that requires transcendence and a laying aside of ignorance and attachments to preconceptions. I shall remain busily pulling the beams from my own eye, thank you. Peace. Thanks for your honesty kahanyah and your perspective. They add illumination to my understanding....and my own consternations.

Brad :?: :shock: 8) :? :wink:

PostPosted:  

Yoder777 wrote:
Have you read this article?

Can you please tell me where, specifically, you disagree with the article? I don't believe it's racist to say that some races are generally superior in certain characteristics than others, if you are discussing races as they existed tens of thousands of years ago.

I think you misunderstood what I said. Plus I was not referring to the article. I was referring to the racial papers in TUB. In today's society, particularly the West, the idea that one race is superior or inferior to another, biologically, spiritually or intellectually, is considered racist. Look up the definition of racist and you will see the word pertains to the belief one race is superior to another.

Personally I share your view. But I also concede to the authority of today's scientific discoveries and mainstream science's position on the idea of 'race.' Based on my observation, I think each race is better suited for certain biological functions. Each expresses a variation of the initial full bestowal of the living energies. However, today, science tells us race is a social construct, with little scientific merit. So I am forced, based on the revelators' caveat, to defer to scientific consensus.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
As a white (the "un"-race) man, it is truly impossible for me to understand the perspective of women or those of any color and I think it best to remain very sensitive to their social and historical views regarding discrimination and the isms of race and sex. I have often wondered why then there are usually these 6 races introduced into the evolutionary blood and the Adamic. What is the purpose and value that these primary colored races bring to the table of evolutionary upliftment. Surely none of these are created for the purpose of genocidal elimination. So, one must conclude, that each has both superior and inferior potentials that, when combined by a patient and persistant process of selectivity in breeding, upstep the whole population accordingly.

Our history of, first, rebellion and, next, default certainly destroyed the "normal" progressions of all races - the 6 and the native. I think it key to remember that when "degenerative" is used, it is isolated from specific races or includes all races, including the "un-race". Degenerative stock exists everywhere and I believe indicates genetic deterioration leading to disease vulnerabilities or other related maladies. I also think it important to acknowledge that it is the infusion and inclusion of Adamic genetics that is the only measure here being applied to the calculus since the default. And that lack of infusion has led directly to ALL races being inferior to the ideal amalgamation.

My sister married black and my wife's sister did too.....such good husbands and fathers and their children are the twinkle in both families' eyes. And critical elements in both families over coming personal/social prejudice and learning truly the meaning of the children's hymn - Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight, ALL the children of the world. The grandparents on all 4 sides of the families had to lay much aside to create a single, unified family that loves one another - first for the children and then by the realities of love and family. These are very important social intersections of progress that overcome the prejudices of all parties concerned and the culture of change that leads us forward...progression. For centuries to come, managed-genetics, especially race related is off limits in my view specifically because we have so much social degeneration to overcome that knows no colors. Science must mature to allow voluntary genetic repairs/cures/upliftment regardless of paternity. Until then, amalgamation continues to break down prejudice and hate by improving familiarity and culture....to me, this is worthy regardless of genetic outcomes until such time that true celestial leadership reappears to address that issue. Fear and hate are far worse than anything else right now and it is the fearful and hateful I believe to be the degenerate stock on the world today....no matter the color it comes in.

No point in finding fault in those who take some offence to the Revelation....it is hard to put it all in context and there is that for each of us that requires transcendence and a laying aside of ignorance and attachments to preconceptions. I shall remain busily pulling the beams from my own eye, thank you. Peace. Thanks for your honesty kahanyah and your perspective. They add illumination to my understanding....and my own consternations.

Brad :?: :shock: 8) :? :wink:

I do not take fault in the revelations. But I think we need to be realistic about the reaction we will encounter from those unfamiliar with TUB, especially with regards the racial papers. I find the racial papers the most difficult to introduce.

PostPosted:  

LOL :biggrin:

Have you read " Micheal Hart's" response to that book in the link Yoder provided ?
http://www.amazon.com/THE-ESCAPE-Mary-Alice-Brown/dp/1612157890

Basically he gave it a rating of "1 star" and challenged the author, and thereby, actually ACTED upon it directly and right then and there.
Very Inspiring, thank you for the share "Yoder" , as always.

God Bless

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Today the term "racist" is just another term used by the "politically correct" to alter the way we think and use English. In terms of discussion, it's pretty much meaningless; anyone who worries about what the politically correct agenda wants to accomplish would do well to not even give such terms a place in their thoughts.

Larry

PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
Today the term "racist" is just another term used by the "politically correct" to alter the way we think and use English. In terms of discussion, it's pretty much meaningless; anyone who worries about what the politically correct agenda wants to accomplish would do well to not even give such terms a place in their thoughts.

Larry

I agree. And the term has been exploited by those same elements to advance their own agenda.

PostPosted:  

The next time that someone accuses the Urantia Book of being racist, I am just going to remind them that the Urantia Book discusses races as they existed tens of thousands of years ago, as there are no "pure" races today.