Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello All,

I have been giving a lot of thought to the idea of how to create positive and effective awareness of the Urantia Book.

Seminars:

Create a 30-60 minute presentation of what the Urantia Book actually is and why it will change the world. Once this presentatioin is created, then announce a seminar date in your local paper. Perhaps rent a church or semi-large community center for the lecture, and invite church members, local leaders and teachers to attend.

I know the Urantia Book doesn't have spokepeople per se, but there must be public speakers among us? Just as Rick Warren, Wayne Dwyer and Joel Olsteen speak thier message proudly, are there not high-profile people who can mention it or talk about it openly?

Endorsements:

Should we try to get endorsements from leaders of all major religions? Mormons, Lutherans, Catholics, Muslim leaders probably know of the Urantia Book, yet we have no idea their official position. If this is the supreme revelation that it claims to be - and I believe it is - would it not be helpful to get this into the hands of others for review and comment? And then present endorsements to create credibility or at least curiosity?

Networking:

Can't we set up a website for Urantia readers to network. A place where projects can be discussed, events can be planned. Perhaps a place where Urantia's can meet professionally or socially.

TV Radio. It is relatively cheep to produce a TV or radio "infomercial" that can run on 200-300 radio stations. There are several religious groups that buy time on Sundays and run thier message. Do we have a message? Are there good writers among us who can write out a 30 minute peiece explaining Urantia?

These are just a few ideas I have. If there are people who woudl like to contact me and discuss other ideas, I would love it.

I am in marketing, and I want to do more to get the word it. I think people need to know its there, and The Urantia Book will change this world eventually. I want to be a part of that as I know we all do.

Having this book is a great privilege. But I don't want to be a seed that doesn't bear any fruit.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: a UB networking site
PostPosted:  

Like a face book for UB readers? I've been after that since WAY back :) but there are some good idea's there. I can help you start some of them if you like just send me a message. And check out serv w/ a smile and the University of Urantia post There's a good way to bring some respect and notoriety our way.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I suggested the networking website thing a while back both here (http://forums.truthbook.com/viewtopic.php?t=2563) and in other UB-related areas and got fairly lukewarm response at best so I tabled the idea. I suppose if interest is increasing I could reconsider the idea. I think I'd have to change the name, though. The more I think about it, UBROCN sounds kind of cheesy. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Tony,

Just chiming in here so you don't feel alone in the wilderness. I am a computer dork, plain and simple. I am not the one to ask about a new website where we create something or do something. Furthermore, I am a bit gun-shy of crowds, such as Facebook and Matchbook or whatever it's called, so if it is a mob, I won't go there. The young people seem to like these big networks, but I like intimate little gatherings. I liked the size of Abner's Corner until it began to feel like a haunted house so I came out into the main forum but lately it has been rather quiet too.

I also attend UBRON (Urantia Book Readers Online Network) which has it all over the name you suggested, which isn't even pronounce-able; yet it's network action also seems to be diminishing. There are those who say the discussion group idea has peaked already and people like me who have enjoyed jabbering online are getting a life and doing things offline more and more -- taking their ministry to the streets, as it were -- which is a good thing. I suspect that is because we haven't learned how to socialize well in print and discussions so easily end up in debate which end in argument and animosity. There has to be a reason for people to get together; otherwise ... they flounder, form cliques, regress. To showcase one's own stuff is the best bet.

Otherwise, your network concept is good and, in fact, is already working. Most folks I know have a website and they link theirs with their friends -- all of whom are UBers -- and while it might be difficult to see that the site is in existence because of the UB or to support the UB's principles, we are at least connected with others of like-mind. Keep us "posted" as to any progress along these lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks guys for the great response.

I'll be the first to admit I like the way the Urantia Book is growing. No need to start yelling from the top of rooftops about it, slow, steady growth is good, as history has shown.

That being said, I feel that there are millions of people out there who would love to know such a book exists, which is why I proposed some ideas on ways to market the book, and further, create ways for us UB readers to connect with one another. Yes, the internet, UBRON, Truthbook, are all fantastic.

Maybe we don't need a Facebook kind of thing right now, but someday, we may. Neccessity is the mother of invention.

It may also be too soon to start getting ringing endorsements from the Dalai lama or Jimmy Swaggert, but someday, religious institutions will have to take a position because therr followers will want to be told whether to fear or to embrace the Urantia Book.

For right now though, here is what I am doing: I am writing a 25 minute informercial for use on radio. My goal is to write it, get it recorded and make it available for distribution on U.S Radio stations to air as "brokered" programming on the weekends.

I am not planning on making any money on this, and my goal is to get something 'in the can', so that if someone wants to sponsor the actual buying of airtime, we will have something to send to stations for airing. If you ever drive around on early sunday morning and listen to AM radio, you'll know what I am talking about. I know many stations who are practically giving the time away just to make a buck, ranging from $35 dollars and hour to $500.

Radio is a one-on-one experience and I can think of no better way to get people interested in the Urantia Book - if just to let them know it's there.

I will keep you all posted on my progress.

email me if you want to get involved or if youhave suggestions.

God Bless!

PostPosted:  

jwatkins00 wrote:
Hello All,

I have been giving a lot of thought to the idea of how to create positive and effective awareness of the Urantia Book.

Seminars:

Create a 30-60 minute presentation of what the Urantia Book actually is and why it will change the world. Once this presentatioin is created, then announce a seminar date in your local paper. Perhaps rent a church or semi-large community center for the lecture, and invite church members, local leaders and teachers to attend.

I know the Urantia Book doesn't have spokepeople per se, but there must be public speakers among us? Just as Rick Warren, Wayne Dwyer and Joel Olsteen speak thier message proudly, are there not high-profile people who can mention it or talk about it openly?

Endorsements:

Should we try to get endorsements from leaders of all major religions? Mormons, Lutherans, Catholics, Muslim leaders probably know of the Urantia Book, yet we have no idea their official position. If this is the supreme revelation that it claims to be - and I believe it is - would it not be helpful to get this into the hands of others for review and comment? And then present endorsements to create credibility or at least curiosity?

Networking:

Can't we set up a website for Urantia readers to network. A place where projects can be discussed, events can be planned. Perhaps a place where Urantia's can meet professionally or socially.

TV Radio. It is relatively cheep to produce a TV or radio "infomercial" that can run on 200-300 radio stations. There are several religious groups that buy time on Sundays and run thier message. Do we have a message? Are there good writers among us who can write out a 30 minute peiece explaining Urantia?

These are just a few ideas I have. If there are people who woudl like to contact me and discuss other ideas, I would love it.

I am in marketing, and I want to do more to get the word it. I think people need to know its there, and The Urantia Book will change this world eventually. I want to be a part of that as I know we all do.

Having this book is a great privilege. But I don't want to be a seed that doesn't bear any fruit.

This is excellent stuff Jim. It's all Good.

Perhaps in the Networking part we could use and expand some of the existing resourses.

Facebook does seem to be picking up Urantian readers and World beings. Here's a few, but there are many more Urantia groups on Facebook:

Christilyn Larson - Blog Talk Fans
HERE

Urantians group – 63 members
HERE
Quote:
Now we wait for some real Urantians to join this group...

And the Lord said, "...get everyone to join this facebook group, and ye shall live in eternity with me, the Lord your God..." and then said, "There's some smytin' to be had"

Urantia Book on YouTube: All papers read in a series that will bring the entirer book to people that want to hear this.
1 post by 1 person. Updated on March 9, 2009 at 8:02pm

Rainbow Gathering 2009 Urantia Camp (New Mexico)
Host: A group of Urantia Book readers and truth seekers
Type: Trips - Camping Trip

HERE

Urantia -group
Displaying 8 of 476 members See All
HERE

Halbert Katzen has been traveling giving those presentations to college campuses and other organizations all over the US. Maybe we can adapt one of his 45 min presentations tothe idea you have of a 30 minute presentation.
http://www.ubthenews.com/index.htm

He also has YouTube videos sharing some of the TUB concepts that are now being scientifically confirmed.
HERE

Paul Wilks started Urantia Family and has helped people build WEB Pages with Urantia based info on them.
http://tagsfamily.wetpaint.com/thread

Both Ubron (not open to the Public) and here at Abners could be used for brainstorming and networking.

It might be kind of nice if we can build off others work already out there and then ADD TO IT in our own unique way, TV , Radio, Marketing. Thus integrating parts of the movement to share the Revelation with the world. :smile: I really like the idea of inter-religious acknowledgement of TUB, by leaders from different religions. And the idea of Charismatic Speakers like those you mentioned in Dwyer, Olsteen and Warren.

I like the infomercial idea Jim!

Push it through Jim, Tony, Gerdean, NAB and all. It's a good idea.
:smile:

God's Strenght and Love be with you. O:)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you Gerdean and Joer, I will certainly look into those sites you gave me..THANK YOU.

Okay, so I now have a rough draft script. if anyone wants to see it, just email me at jwatkins00@comcast.net