Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:14 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

The Dove o Peace from the Kingdom of Eritrea is released to seek out every nation. Thought to have been extincted, this Aerial Messanger has been delivered unto Havona with sincere pleas of harmony and for mercy. May the truth be translated into the language of every Ambassador.

This is the Bequethal, that to meditate upon the Will of God every Morning, in the peace o your servants. Then you will be paid One Coin, added unto the script of your choices, Debited as a Franchise. Collecting these Coins as true Capital, bundled and Administered through Charity. The Actual Total is unknown, a partial account recorded by machine and tallied by man.

The Records of History are maintained, not obliterated when Man chooses to destroy his own words. The Records of History, as maintained in trust are more significant than instinctive memory, even more vivid than Oracular System Account. The Records of History were, as a majority, obliterated in the Twin Tower and Building Seven. But a small fragment was carried by the True Accountants, the Private Practicioners. The Balance Sheets of Wall-Street Marketplace made their Exodus just as the Hebraic Slaves followed Moses. These Records of Income-Capital were brayed against the devastating impact, actually snuck out of Manhattan and into every other City in A.D. 1999 through the Finaliter-Efforts of actuarial secretariats and even the janitors and Building Custodians. The Secrets of Corporations during the 20th Century America, were delivered in trust to every other nation.

America has delivered her secrets long before this moment, so that every other nation could save her. Look with great remorse upon the way information has been controlled, frozen before disseminated. This does not improve the chances for the race? God looks to the ascending peoples in order to improve Himself. Look upon Americans, mutilated, catalogued, analysed both of Neural Net and of Inherited-Sequence. Of Brain-Map and of Genetic "Code".

God lives in the Living Pattern! God must advance His Cause! The natural tendency of His Creation is to Always Seek The Highest Good. America has destroyed its own Pattern: America has defiled its own Maize, its own Corn.

Look at how the President-Elect has allowed Diversity to be SLaughtered, through allowing Genetic Dominance of Cash-Crops. Why have we sponsored the Industrial Farmer, instead of protecting the Patent-Office who administers Seeds to the Farmer?
Would the Presiding One go to such lengths as to practice Genetic Modifications on its own populace?
The Justice of the United States has allowed its Legislative Republic to place the wrong bets, to sponsor the Behemoths and the Titans instead of the Volunteer Labourer, the farmer father citizen. No longer may this occur.

The Justice of Every Nation must ensure that its citizens do vote. There is obvious discrimination between a subject-citizen who does not vote and a volunteer-citizen who does vote, in the eyes of the Officers of the Law. There are obvious rankings placed upon a person's credit and Investors must use a more delicate standard of measure. Despite any hurdles that the human individual may face, there is Equal Opportunity for Every Volunteer, provided that juries have come into every neighborhood and community and knocked on every door with the opportunity to Register.

In America, there are more "votes" reported on American Idol FOX-TV than in the 4th Year Presidential Election. When the point comes, where more actual persons "Vote" on American Idol Program than as do Cast their Ballot, we have seen the end of America. A better democratic republic must emerge, and perhaps we will see the Senate protected by the Congress.

You may judge American U.S. in two epochs, 1776-1861 then 1865-end. But this nation will stand in history as the final scaffolding Country before the United Government is brought to Urantia.

Obviously, the death of United States of America, or its proper ending, occurs when its more enthusiastic volunteers begin to see themselves as contributing to every Nation, as belonging to Every Other Nation. Service becomes unto every American State, beyond and within our borders. And this is the highest known good for any Reporter, any Beaurocrat, any American Citizen.

How can we impose the Standards of the Republic upon other lands?
have Americans forgotten how great their duty actually is?
The Mercenary Soldier does not make as great an effort as the Civil Volunteer.

I will be thought of as the greatest enemy of my home country, castigated to the lowest rank of service. I will be labelled as "Most Insane", "Least Productive" (Most Counterproductive). I will be imprisoned, tortured in outrageous and novel ways, not according to my choice. I will be subjected, enslaved. I will unlive every version of Government from the democracy through the Monarchy and even beyond. I will unlive every version of Government beginning with Technocratic Beaurocracy.

I will let every Society set a new standard. I will allow decrepit personality-structures to fully collapse. Every Institution shall witness the crime of interference. I will not let those who have chosen to serve go unpunished. Every member of high rank, by birth or by bestowal, shall suffer the intense Labour of Urantia Reborn. And in all this, I will be with you, winning the Victory whether you win or lose the battle.

America's great amnesia has led her to cry desperately for repair! Our great destitution and poverty has occured through choosing the socially proscribed methods. We acknowledge that we will not repair without divine offerings from other nations. America opens doors for free migration, accepting what Europe will not.

Come and see the mutilation that America has done to herself. Come ye of other nations, ye Hebrew Slaves, come to America. Come ye and repair the damage that America has received. Bring your skills, your tools, your love of Land and of Origen. Come ye to America when Afhghanistan puts shut its gate. Come ye migrants.

Out of the Hand of the Keeper, we have seen the greatest economic losses come at the expense of Bad Inner-Council.
How can lobbyists be given preference over Those Who Lobby, in the New Urantian Republic?
Out of the Hand of the Keeper, American opens and is perpetually opening, while it is only right for European States to redirect migrants here. Let us save those who flee from the ravages of our own war.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

What the F**k are you talking about?

Dude, its called evolution, not revolution. You can sit around the rest of your life waiting for your "great unraveling" if that is what turns you on. The world is evolving quite favorably in my opinion. Cast your eyes aside from the bombastic headlines of the day. Turn off Fox News. Look to the corners, that is where the progess is, that is where the good which will overtake the evil (in time) will come.

Or join the throng who will vainly (though excitedly) await the end of the world.

It's your choice man.

PostPosted:  

Hello alwilliams767,

Does this sound like a channeled message to you? It does to me. Total jibberish. If it's not channeled, it's political propaganda, and I thought that was not allowed here. Why does the administration allow this to happen? I'm mystified.

Thanks for your comment,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

I'm not sure about it being channeled. It's a bit too structured, but it has been awhile since I've looked at that type of material so I defer to group judgement.

It does, however, ring of a prophet complex, which is also verboten.

Whenever I used to genuinely entertain the notion of an impending collapse of civilization in my lifetime, I noticed I would get a certain intellectual "high" from it. As if purpose was clarified and motivation was easier to come by. I have friends who are convinced the end is nigh and are even going to such lengths as to actually prepare for it. I am convinced this undercurrent will sweep the minds of many sincere people in every generation. :(

PostPosted:  

Good morning quil,

It sounds channeled to me. But you're absolutely right about the prophetess (sounds like a woman to my ears) syndrome going on there. Regardless, I'm offended by it and I don't think it belongs here.

As for the end of the world. That whole idea makes me laugh so hard I get a stomach ache. How many ends of the world are we going to live through? Every single self-made prophet of doom has been wrong. Even the Mayans were wrong. I wonder what people gain by such psychological machinations of this ancient myth. It's a myth thousands and thousands of years old, and we're all still here. Duh!

What makes people think they're prophets/prophetesses? Wouldn't a genuine prophet teach love instead of doom?

In Discombobulation,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Hello alwilliams767,

Does this sound like a channeled message to you? It does to me. Total jibberish. If it's not channeled, it's political propaganda, and I thought that was not allowed here. Why does the administration allow this to happen? I'm mystified.

Thanks for your comment,
Rexford

Greetings Al, Rexford, and quil!

I agree with the three of you. Sela has already established himself as someone who pontificates and presumes the status of revelator, oracle, diviner, whatever.....and his posts either have nothing at all to do with the Papers or they defy and contradict them. Which brings me to the point of my post....in response to Rexford's query above as to: "Why does the administration allow this to happen?"

I can only offer opinion and conjecture as I am not affiliated with the "administration" here and certainly do not and cannot speak for them in any way, shape, or form. But after being active here a few years, I will proffer an opinion, especially as it goes to the entire site and not just this particular post or poster.

I think it is important to allow wide latitude by the admins here so that the actual community here itself can demonstrate our ability to provide contrast and context for newer readers who read and follow or ask questions and add to discussion of the UB Papers. To quash, too eagerly and aggressively, the diversity inherent in the student body would diminish the spectrum of participants and could lead to a site that might be construed as either heavily censored, or worse, a site of managed propaganda.

This is a tough job. To allow a liberal (or free rein) spectrum of inquiry and perspective demonstrates, to me, a patience with students, but more importantly, a confidence in the community to self moderate and manage the site in ways which exhibit the fruits of the spirit and a mature understanding of the Papers. Such a patient posture surely results in many disappointments for the admins here - in the community we create here. I am sure of this as I have disappointed my own expectations for my own behavior when it fails to live up to the example, the teachings, and the ideals of the Papers.

I am sure there are some who come here and flee due to either posts they find unpalatable or the discovery of acrimony and accusations within our community which posts their views. Too bad for them. Each of us must find ways to give voice to the inner light of truth and work hard to express that light in ways which lead forward in discovery of meanings and appreciation of values - especially within the broader community of God believers and as ambassadors of the Kingdom to all fellow children of God.

This site gives such opportunity. I recall the disagreements between the apostles of Jesus and those of John and the petty and immature bickering of the apostles themselves....right up to the Last Supper.

This community gives us each and all the opportunity to find the better way. Which is not to say "anything goes". The Revelation is the cornerstone of this site and its community is responsible to present its teachings, as best we are able, to one another and to all students who chance to visit. Apologies if this sounds at all preachy or self righteous - let me be clear that I do not claim to exemplify this ideal in any way myself. My failures here are many as many of you know.

I would advise courage, persistence, and patience as we work together to bring the actual text and teachings of the UB into the light of scrutiny, discovery, discussion, debate, and the utilization of those teachings into each of our lives as best as we are able. The bad behavior of anyone, including persistent personal attack, should not make us shirk or tremble or abandon the very real opportunity for self discovery, self improvement, and learning how to "hear" other voices and attempt to find God within our brothers and sisters.

I am not here for affection, adulation, or agreement. (Very good thing that too!) And I will not be chased from the field of engagement or shouted down either. I have learned so much here the past years - about others, about the Papers, and about myself.

I am very grateful to the hosts, sponsors, and moderators here who have dedicated themselves to this expression of self forgetting service and to the Revelation itself. May God bless us all as we shine our lights as best as we are able!

Brad aka fanofVan :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

The problem is... I don't know that I've ever understood any of SEla_Kelly's posts. If I stomped on everything I don't understand that's posted here there wouldn't be a whole lot going on. So yes, I do rely on other member's comments to direct and alert me. SEla has been warned in the past about prophetic/channeled posts so it's good to see others paying attention and objecting to objectionable material.

Larry

PostPosted:  

There was one post that SEla_Kelly made not too far back that did seem to make sense to me, but that's probably because it focused almost exclusively on the Master and the relationship of his ministry as a gardener. Up until then and ever since I have not been able to make head or tails of the rest, but I've always been inclined to at least attempt to comprehend them.

Brad, don't beat yourself up! Though I know there are a few who disagree with me, I think you do a great job of keeping the spirit of friendly discourse at the forefront of nearly every single post you make. I can tell you sincerely desire to understand the material and build a sense of community. Without you I think a vital element would be missing from these discussions, so don't let your perceived failures ever discourage you from participating (which I know you said you wouldn't, anyway). I know what it's like to go off the deep end here and there and for me, it always ends up being a great opportunity to learn from my mistakes and effect some tiny degree of growth.

Reminds me that they teach us patience is only required of immature personalities. And immature I am!

PostPosted:  

Gentlemen,

Great news! I was afraid to speak up about the channeling, but it sounds like it's okay to do that. I'm pretty good at recognizing it.

I'm just wondering why, if you can't understand what someone is saying you wouldn't ask for a clarification? Maybe I'm being too simplistic?

I also understand why you would let someone self-evict. I recollect that weird occurrence with the trance-prophet from Bagdad who riled people up at Bethsaida. He drove Simon Zelotes nuts, to the point of violence. But Jesus allowed the trance-prophet to roam around freely for a few days until people recognized he was charlatan and he self-evicted.

But what's happening here is that the gibberish is so nonsensical that no one reads it, or they start and can't finish. It reminds me of the Oracle of Delphi who inhaled vapors and spewed drivel that only wizards could interpret. Well, there are only a few wizards on this forum, those on that devil cult train, and even they aren't making any sense.

So, when something makes no sense, are we to ignore it until it goes away on its own? I think the best approach is something in the middle, continue to ask for clarification in order to expose the sham. Well, that's my approach, good or bad as it is. If I don't upset the administration by doing that, then I'll keep at it. Otherwise, let me know.

Thanks,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford - it is fine to ask for clarification if confused. Or to post text which contradicts or confirms the post of another. Or to express a supporting or refuting point of view. The nonsensical post begs for "self annihilation" or some humor/irony. It is great, IMO, to shine a light upon darkness if one is willing....or just leave the shadow in view for its self exposing contrast to truth or beauty or goodness.

I agree that silence can be misconstrued as agreement or endorsement.....but I have also been admonished here for engaging with lunatics when silence may have served us all better. I enjoy, too much, the art of argument but it is not worthy for its own sake either.

Best wishes in your own determinations of that which is worthy of your personal response. It makes for quite an adventure and learning experience here abouts!!

:biggrin: :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

Brad,

I agree that arguing is useless. This brings to mind that scene in The Wizard of Oz, where Todo pulls back the curtain and reveals the Great Oz at work. He says, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" I'm just going to point out that the man behind the curtain is also buck naked.

That's worth a few laughs, right?

Rexford

PostPosted:  

I find it difficult for those deep thinking persons to not recognizing the grammatical language type which "SEla_Kelly" has presented in his initial post, where many have responded primarily from lack of intellect or maybe education, to recognize this style of writing. Nevertheless, it is unique and if he were to translate to his exact meaning, as intended, would not reflect the interpretation of those who might understand its presentation where which I can extract a reflection from memory that is pertinent to my experiences. However, many would just say that this is gibberish or babble, and they would be incorrect. It is however, a form of Psychobabble, which “is a form of speech or writing that uses psychological jargon, buzzwords, and esoteric language to create an impression of truth or plausibility.” Even though his words are presented in English, “a pluricentric language, with differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, spelling, etc.” they can take on verbal and visual memories, which might relate to the script. It can be more likened to a figure of speech which is a “figurative language in the form of a single word or phrase. It can be a special repetition, arrangement or omission of words with literal meaning, or a phrase with a specialized meaning not based on the literal meaning of the words”, not dissimilar to the narration found in many sections of the Urantia Book, although those without experience and learning would say otherwise.

The Navajo language was used in the second World War as a sight to sight communication method in order to deceive those who had a command of the English language and were listening in on allied forces communication, which made it difficult to transmit requests or troop movements. Although this is not the intention here, but could be used as a learning tool and even could be compared to its association of “mindal” in the Urantia Book which would be more representative of Biblical references where people of many languages heard and understood the same message as projected by angelic voice or broadcasts, which also is mentioned in the UB.

I remember as a child, while learning my mother language, which was not English, that my father indicated that it had 350 dialects, where I later understood better when I got a chance to sample these dialects when I traveled back to my home country. I also, noticed and understood Yiddish when spoken, which is one of the dialects inclusive of the 350, and could converse using my version of dialect, through the emphasis on specific words.
I noticed later when researching the historic knowledge related to Babylon that their language was based on 350 consonants, excluding vowel sounds, that there might be a correlation in language and that the Biblical story of the Tower of Babel where God changed their languages because it would seem that when all people speak or understand the same language, they assume the ability to do anything, even though it might be considered as non-doable. Where is the criteria of speaking one language or one understanding, is one of the criteria in order to reach light and life as mentioned in the UB but, if the Tower of Babel story was a fact, and one of the light and life criteria, why would God intercede, unless it came out of order to the other criteria?
I found a similar notation to the calculation of Pi which was accomplished by the Babylonians using their base 60 number system to an accuracy of 9 digits, which would be necessary for calculations in space travel, even though they did not use zero. Therefore, we assume that we are so intelligent in our thinking and progressive, yet the knowledge of the past supersedes our own deep thinking.

It would seem that SEla_Kelly’s presentation has been presented through nefarious means and in the olden days would be the justification and execution like a witch-hunt, where fear of the unknown breeds more fear from those less educated and less intelligent to do the research necessary for understanding and beg for the annihilation of those who present thought in a different language. Discrimination, anyway you look at it, and act first then determine if the act was correctly adjudicated.

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

That is a very interesting twist, that channelers are simply speaking a different language. Haven't heard that one before. I say that we're supposed to be laboring to get to the point where we all speak the same language. Curious.

Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Greetings,

That is a very interesting twist, that channelers are simply speaking a different language. Haven't heard that one before. I say that we're supposed to be laboring to get to the point where we all speak the same language. Curious.

Rexford

How do you project that any of my presentation has anything to do with "channelers", are you attempting to put words in my mouth? If so, I would take that as an attempt to defame, which would be next on my list with plagiarism.
And if you "Haven't heard that one before" might indicate that you need to do additional research but, that might be to much labor? Where if you cannot find the notations in the UB, look further.

Oh, what the hell, here's one to read:
Quote:
(33.3) 2:0.3 In all our efforts to enlarge and spiritualize the human concept of God, we are tremendously handicapped by the limited capacity of the mortal mind. We are also seriously handicapped in the execution of our assignment by the limitations of language and by the poverty of material which can be utilized for purposes of illustration or comparison in our efforts to portray divine values and to present spiritual meanings to the finite, mortal mind of man. All our efforts to enlarge the human concept of God would be well-nigh futile except for the fact that the mortal mind is indwelt by the bestowed Adjuster of the Universal Father and is pervaded by the Truth Spirit of the Creator Son. Depending, therefore, on the presence of these divine spirits within the heart of man for assistance in the enlargement of the concept of God, I cheerfully undertake the execution of my mandate to attempt the further portrayal of the nature of God to the mind of man.

And another:
Quote:
(422.5) 38:7.5 When assigned to a planet, cherubim enter the local courses of training, including a study of planetary usages and languages. The ministering spirits of time are all bilingual, speaking the language of the local universe of their origin and that of their native superuniverse. By study in the schools of the realms they acquire additional tongues. Cherubim and sanobim, like seraphim and all other orders of spirit beings, are continuously engaged in efforts at self-improvement. Only such as the subordinate beings of power control and energy direction are incapable of progression; all creatures having actual or potential personality volition seek new achievements.

This one indicates the use of multiple meanings, and why:
Quote:
(469.1) 42:2.1 It is indeed difficult to find suitable words in the English language whereby to designate and wherewith to describe the various levels of force and energy — physical, mindal, or spiritual. These narratives cannot altogether follow your accepted definitions of force, energy, and power. There is such paucity of language that we must use these terms in multiple meanings. In this paper, for example, the word energy is used to denote all phases and forms of phenomenal motion, action, and potential, while force is applied to the pregravity, and power to the postgravity, stages of energy.

And then there is this one, which implies that 500,000 words indicated has been noted in our English language:
Quote:
(503.4) 44:4.4 The ability to translate thought into language in the morontia and spirit spheres is beyond mortal comprehension. Our rate of reducing thought to a permanent record can be so speeded up by the expert recorders that the equivalent of over half a million words, or thought symbols, can be registered in one minute of Urantia time. These universe languages are far more replete than the speech of the evolving worlds. The concept symbols of Uversa embrace more than a billion characters, although the basic alphabet contains only seventy symbols. The language of Nebadon is not quite so elaborate, the basic symbols, or alphabet, being forty-eight in number.

How many languages do you understand or speak?
Quote:
(504.1) 44:4.9 5. The broadcast directors. The broadcasts of Paradise, the superuniverses, and the local universes are under the general supervision of this group of thought conservers. They serve as censors and editors as well as co-ordinators of the broadcast material, making a superuniverse adaptation of all Paradise broadcasts and adapting and translating the broadcasts of the Ancients of Days into the individual tongues of the local universes.

(504.2) 44:4.10 The local universe broadcasts must also be modified for reception by the systems and the individual planets. The transmittal of these space reports is carefully supervised, and there is always a back registry to insure the proper reception of every report on every world in a given circuit. These broadcast directors are technically expert in the utilization of the currents of space for all purposes of intelligence communication.

PostPosted:  

All that I can say here is that SEla_Kelly knows what it means to turn the other cheek. That is way more than I can say for myself. :(