Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:58 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Postal code
PostPosted:  

I used to be a Urantia Book reader until I read briefly read a critic's book about the urantia in which he sited 606 as the same first three digits to Chicago's zip code where the Contact Commission comes from :? This is evidence that the Contact Commission fabricated the 606 system number and the rest of the Urantia Book. They chose a number familiar to them about planets billions of miles away. This is very disheartening, for I put a lot of faith in that book only to discover it is a complete fabrication by the Contact Commission even though they were well intentioned.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Postal code
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

It doesn't take much to persuade someone who chooses to disbelieve -- many chose to disbelieve Jesus as well.

You may wish to also reexamine the thought process used to discredit the integrity of the Contact Commission as well as the content of the revelation. Postal zip codes were implemented in 1963 (http://www.zippostalcodes.com/postcodes ... e_history/) while the text of The Urantia Book had been set in stainless steel plates for printing by about 1945 -- the material having been indited by the early 1930s.
Larry

PostPosted:  

Well, if ya gotta have a reason not to believe...

PostPosted:  

I watched a video on YouTube in which a man totally rejected the Urantia Book on the (alleged) basis that it made no mention of the moon. It does in fact mention the moon, and many times, but this man seemed eagerly predisposed to reject the UB for any specious reason he could come up with. Those who are front-loaded with prejudice regarding religion are often possessed of this mindset.

a.

PostPosted:  

Ahh memories! ! I once too was confronted by the zip code quandary, but he's right. .. zip codes weren't invented yet.

PostPosted:  

Dear Friend,

Zip codes were not even conceived when The Urantia Papers were being compiled. How awful to have been persuaded by such a flimsy argument. I know you read this in a critical review of TUB, but what does your own discernment tell you?

PostPosted:  

zxc77, Skepticism is healthy indeed if it is also used to objectively investigate anything. I also have been skeptical of the UB on several different issues that have yet to be resolved in my thinking. Sincere investigation is the key to the understanding though.
As others have pointed out, the postal code hadn't even been conceived at the time the Urantia Papers were received by the contact commission. Even if an error is believed to be discovered in the events concerning TUB, does that one error invalidate the entire work, or even the area in which it is discovered? A statement in the Urantia Book itself states that it is definitely NOT inspired, and that new discoveries will make some of its statements obsolete, or in need of revision. If Jesus himself returned today and stood right in front of you staring you in the face, would you recognize him? Probably not, you, me or many of the other self proclaimed believers wouldn't either. I wonder if I would be too skeptical to believe? I would like to think I would have that still small voice inside screaming loud enough for me to hear Him. If all else fails, then just think of TUB as a good but extensive novel for a yet to be made movie. Bob.

PostPosted:  

zxc77 wrote:
I used to be a Urantia Book reader until I read briefly read a critic's book about the urantia in which he sited 606 as the same first three digits to Chicago's zip code where the Contact Commission comes from :?

I noticed that, but another good one is .." The grand universe number of your world, Urantia, is 5,342,482,337,666. That is the registry number on Uversa and on Paradise, your number in the catalogue of the inhabited worlds."...
Notice the last three digits 666. To me this is too much of coincidence what is said about it in Bible Revelation.
bob

PostPosted:  

The oldest surviving manuscript recently deciphered indicates that the number in Revelation is actually 616, not 666. Also, the majority of John's Revelation (at least the abridged version which the UB indicates we have) is merely coded and symbolic political commentary describing the people and events of his time. It's not a prophecy of future events.

PostPosted:  

I place no faith in the Ubook for it's own sake. It even says it's not a holy book. I place my faith in the reasonability of the religeous philosophy within. It reasons. I don't need to see it as 100% true. Will I meet the celestial entities it describes? I guess I'll find out when my dirt nap comes around.
One more schmuck in the Universe. John.

PostPosted:  

The Urantia Book is 100 percent what it say's it is, Ya'll should post any criticism you have on this website and let me and other's tackle it........Etleast let there be a rebuttall to these so-called error's....I haven't come across any in 9 year's and I have researched all the error's that people have claimed.....Ive searched and looked at all the "urantia is the devil" website's or urantia is a hoax website's and I haven't found any legit claim's.

I have heard the chromosome one....that was proven not to be an error by legit scientist's...

I have heard the periodic table of elements one...again legit scientist's noted how that was a reading error not a urantia error......

the mercury one is the same thing again the reader mis-read's the sentence and looks for an error because they fail to read the sentence.......

all the fact's about space are slowly coming true that is probably the area that is catching up the fastest.....
Archeology is also though catching up to the U.B Very fast, its exciting times man...:)

Don't you guy's find it odd that there are only a few arguments brought against the book when the book contain's sooooooo many physical fact's about earth and the universe.????.. I mean really there are only 3 or 4 argument's that really come up against the book, and they have all been proven to be bunk argument's by legit scientist's.

In the end though it doesn't bother me that people don't read the book, heck I can't get my own mom to read it becaues I am her little baby boy hahaha and there ain't know way she is going to take spiritual advice from her baby boy hahaha.
I just know once an age passe's there's going to be a lot of people thinking to themselves........"man I wish I read that book".....:)..

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

GOD IS OUR MAIL MAN 8)

AND HE Allways Delivers Thru All the Stormy weather
Rain , Snow , Sleet or Sunshine !

And HEs Never Late ...
Allways Right On Time ! :wink:

PostPosted:  

I don't believe it cause it's blue.

:shock:

PostPosted:  

Boomshuka wrote:
Quote:
The Urantia Book is 100 percent what it say's it is,...

I agree 100%. The authors admitted it is not absolute truth. Its translation into the English language alone already caused a distortion of truth. So, if the book says it is not absolute truth, then I agree 100% that it is what it says it is.

PostPosted:  

Well I dont think there was any distortion's of truth because these divine being's would have been master linguist's to begin with, so their use of english would have been perfect. In term's of our where we live here on Urantia there is no such thing as "absolute" the Urantia book is as perfect as you're going to get.

The only distortion's of truth that go on with this book come from people who are to afraid to let themselves get involved with it, because they are afraid of what it will do to them.

obviously there is more truth to reality though, seing as they mostly talked about concept's that had been discovered previously by mankind. The Fact's it lay's out will stay fact's, and all the truth concept's it lay's out will stay the truth.

If anyone want's to post an argument against any of the truth's or fact's of the U.B they should on this forum. I find it funny going threw the history of this website that it rearly happen's because there just is not alot of evidence against the book.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing