Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Tension
PostPosted:  

Tension is an interesting eventuation.

Tension exists throughout the natural world and appears consistently present in the universe. Science is an outworking of evidence, a means of discipline and a media of communication. It represents an attempt at intellectual goodness and provides an evolving moral compass reflective of our species. Science is the discovery of relationships and leaves a bettered language.
Science handles tension in many disciplines.

What do we know about tension from the UB?

Bill

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Tension
PostPosted:  

HI Unc Bill 8)

Could the Universe Space respiration
be seen as a balance of Tension ?

Quote:
11.5.9 All physical force, energy, and matter are one. All force-energy originally proceeded from nether Paradise and will eventually return thereto following the completion of its space circuit. But the energies and material organizations of the universe of universes did not all come from nether Paradise in their present phenomenal states; space is the womb of several forms of matter and prematter. Though the outer zone of the Paradise force center is the source of space-energies, space does not originate there. Space is not force, energy, or power. Nor do the pulsations of this zone account for the respiration of space, but the incoming and outgoing phases of this zone are synchronized with the two-billion-year expansion-contraction cycles of space.

11.6.1 6. SPACE respiration We do not know the actual mechanism of space respiration; we merely observe that all space alternately contracts and expands. This respiration affects both the horizontal extension of pervaded space and the vertical extensions of unpervaded space which exist in the vast space reservoirs above and below Paradise. In attempting to imagine the volume outlines of these space reservoirs, you might think of an hourglass.

11.6.4 The cycles of space respiration extend in each phase for a little more than one billion Urantia years. During one phase the universes expand; during the next they contract. Pervaded space is now approaching the mid-point of the expanding phase, while unpervaded space nears the mid-point of the contracting phase, and we are informed that the outermost limits of both space extensions are, theoretically, now approximately equidistant from Paradise. The unpervaded-space reservoirs now extend vertically above upper Paradise and below nether Paradise just as far as the pervaded space of the universe extends horizontally outward from peripheral Paradise to and even beyond the fourth outer space level.

PostPosted:  

The Papers got a lot to say about Tension .
Interesting ...

Quote:
As a time-space creature would view the origin and differentiation of Reality, the eternal and infinite I AM achieved Deity liberation from the fetters of unqualified infinity through the exercise of inherent and eternal free will, and this divorcement from unqualified infinity produced the first absolute divinity-tension. This tension of infinity differential is resolved by the Universal Absolute, which functions to unify and co-ordinate the dynamic infinity of Total Deity and the static infinity of the Unqualified Absolute.

0.4.5 This is the primal concept of original reality: The Father initiates and maintains Reality. The primal differentials of reality are the deified and the undeified — the Deity Absolute and the Unqualified Absolute. The primal relationship is the tension between them. This Father-initiated divinity-tension is perfectly resolved by, and eternalizes as, the Universal Absolute.

0.11.10 3. The Universal Absolute, we logically deduce, was inevitable in the Universal Father’s absolute freewill act of differentiating universe realities into deified and undeified — personalizable and nonpersonalizable — values. The Universal Absolute is the Deity phenomenon indicative of the resolution of the tension created by the freewill act of thus differentiating universe reality, and functions as the associative co-ordinator of these sum totals of existential potentialities.

0.11.11 The tension-presence of the Universal Absolute signifies the adjustment of differential between deity reality and undeified reality inherent in the separation of the dynamics of freewill divinity from the statics of unqualified infinity.

0.11.13 The finite can coexist in the cosmos along with the Infinite only because the associative presence of the Universal Absolute so perfectly equalizes the tensions between time and eternity, finity and infinity, reality potential and reality actuality, Paradise and space, man and God. Associatively the Universal Absolute constitutes the identification of the zone of progressing evolutional reality existent in the time-space, and in the transcended time-space, universes of subinfinite Deity manifestation.

3.1.8 The mind presence of God is correlated with the absolute mind of the Conjoint Actor, the Infinite Spirit, but in the finite creations it is better discerned in the everywhere functioning of the cosmic mind of the Paradise Master Spirits. Just as the First Source and Center is potentially present in the mind circuits of the Conjoint Actor, so is he potentially present in the tensions of the Universal Absolute. But mind of the human order is a bestowal of the Daughters of the Conjoint Actor, the Divine Ministers of the evolving universes.

11.8.9 Paradise is the absolute source and the eternal focal point of all energy-matter in the universe of universes. The Unqualified Absolute is the revealer, regulator, and repository of that which has Paradise as its source and origin. The universal presence of the Unqualified Absolute seems to be equivalent to the concept of a potential infinity of gravity extension, an elastic tension of Paradise presence. This concept aids us in grasping the fact that everything is drawn inward towards Paradise. The illustration is crude but nonetheless helpful. It also explains why gravity always acts preferentially in the plane perpendicular to the mass, a phenomenon indicative of the differential dimensions of Paradise and the surrounding creations.

11.9.3 In the eternity of the past, when the Universal Father gave infinite personality expression of his spirit self in the being of the Eternal Son, simultaneously he revealed the infinity potential of his nonpersonal self as Paradise. Nonpersonal and nonspiritual Paradise appears to have been the inevitable repercussion to the Father’s will and act which eternalized the Original Son. Thus did the Father project reality in two actual phases — the personal and the nonpersonal, the spiritual and the nonspiritual. The tension between them, in the face of will to action by the Father and the Son, gave existence to the Conjoint Actor and the central universe of material worlds and spiritual beings.

12.4.5 3. The Universal Absolute does not originate initial motion but does equalize and control all of the tensions originated by motion.

12.4.16 It is probable that these alternate directions of successive space processions of the universes have something to do with the intramaster universe gravity technique of the Universal Absolute, which consists of a co-ordination of forces and an equalization of space tensions. Motion as well as space is a complement or equilibrant of gravity

42.2.7 2. Primordial force. This represents the first basic change in space potency and may be one of the nether Paradise functions of the Unqualified Absolute. We know that the space presence going out from nether Paradise is modified in some manner from that which is incoming. But regardless of any such possible relationships, the openly recognized transmutation of space potency into primordial force is the primary differentiating function of the tension-presence of the living Paradise force organizers.

42.2.12 b. Gravity energy. The now-appearing gravity-responding energy carries the potential of universe power and becomes the active ancestor of all universe matter. This secondary or gravity energy is the product of the energy elaboration resulting from the pressure-presence and the tension-trends set up by the Associate Transcendental Master Force Organizers. In response to the work of these force manipulators, space-energy rapidly passes from the puissant to the gravity stage, thus becoming directly responsive to the circular grasp of Paradise (absolute) gravity while disclosing a certain potential for sensitivity to the linear-gravity pull inherent in the soon appearing material mass of the electronic and the postelectronic stages of energy and matter. Upon the appearance of gravity response, the Associate Master Force Organizers may retire from the energy cyclones of space provided the Universe Power Directors are assignable to that field of action.

42.5.14 The so-called ether is merely a collective name to designate a group of force and energy activities occurring in space. Ultimatons, electrons, and other mass aggregations of energy are uniform particles of matter, and in their transit through space they really proceed in direct lines. Light and all other forms of recognizable energy manifestations consist of a succession of definite energy particles which proceed in direct lines except as modified by gravity and other intervening forces. That these processions of energy particles appear as wave phenomena when subjected to certain observations is due to the resistance of the undifferentiated force blanket of all space, the hypothetical ether, and to the intergravity tension of the associated aggregations of matter. The spacing of the particle-intervals of matter, together with the initial velocity of the energy beams, establishes the undulatory appearance of many forms of energy-matter.

43.1.1 1. THE CONSTELLATION HEADQUARTERS Edentia abounds in fascinating highlands, extensive elevations of physical matter crowned with morontia life and overspread with spiritual glory, but there are no rugged mountain ranges such as appear on Urantia. There are tens of thousands of sparkling lakes and thousands upon thousands of interconnecting streams, but there are no great oceans nor torrential rivers. Only the highlands are devoid of these surface streams.

48.4.11 All beings enjoy this sort of reversion except those who are inherent Creators, hence automatic self-rejuvenators, and certain highly specialized types of creatures, such as the power centers and the physical controllers, who are always and eternally thoroughly businesslike in all their reactions. These periodic releases from the tension of functional duty are a regular part of life on all worlds throughout the universe of universes but not on the Isle of Paradise. Beings indigenous to the central abode are incapable of depletion and are not, therefore, subject to re-energizing. And with such beings of eternal Paradise perfection there can be no such reversion to evolutionary experiences.

48.4.19 While the humor of Urantia is exceedingly crude and most inartistic, it does serve a valuable purpose both as a health insurance and as a liberator of emotional pressure, thus preventing injurious nervous tension and overserious self-contemplation. Humor and play — relaxation — are never reactions of progressive exertion; always are they the echoes of a backward glance, a reminiscence of the past. Even on Urantia and as you now are, you always find it rejuvenating when for a short time you can suspend the exertions of the newer and higher intellectual efforts and revert to the more simple engagements of your ancestors.

56.6.1 6. UNIFICATION OF EVOLUTIONARY DEITY When the three eternal persons of Deity function as undivided Deity in the Paradise Trinity, they achieve perfect unity; likewise, when they create, either associatively or severally, their Paradise progeny exhibit the characteristic unity of divinity. And this divinity of purpose manifested by the Supreme Creators and Rulers of the time-space domains eventuates in the unifying power potential of the sovereignty of experiential supremacy which, in the presence of the impersonal energy unity of the universe, constitutes a reality tension that can be resolved only through adequate unification with the experiential personality realities of experiential Deity.

PostPosted:  

Uncle Bill, what are ya doing hiding such a cool thread in Skeptics...I almost missed it! :lol: :lol:

Tension...the controller, often the keeper. Very powerful indeed. Without tension..chaos only. Reminds me of our wonderful freedom....tensioned with the need for security and civilization. Joy tensioned with a groundedness. My love for cheesecake tensioned with an ever tightening belt... :biggrin:

Coop...love the quotes. The U.B. grabs the subject well. Yummy brain food.

PostPosted:  

The Tension in music an sound can be / become
a harmonic resonance balancer .

EMF's Can be harmfull or helpfull .

Ohm / Aum

The Universe ... Huummm ... :-$

]The Hindu Symbol of the Sanskrit word Aum...signifying the begining and the end of the universe...the symbol of infinite!

The most sacred symbol in Hindu dharma. Aum (OM) is the sound of the infinite.
Aum is said to be the essence of all mantras, the highest of all matras or divine word (shabda), brahman (ultimate reality) itself. Aum is said to be the essence of the Vedas.
By sound and form, AUM symbolizes the infinite Brahman (ultimate reality) and the entire universe.

A stands for Creation
U stands for Preservation
M stands for Destruction or dissolution

This is representative of the Trinity of God in Hindu dharma (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva)

The three portions of AUM relate to the states of waking, dream and deep sleep and the three gunas (rajas, satva, tamas)
The three letters also indicates three planes of existence, heaven (swarga), earth (martya) and netherworld (patala)

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

fishin'Mom, you do not have to miss posts when coming back to the forum. There is a link in the top right-hand corner of your page that says "View new Posts".

Click it.

PostPosted:  

Hey, Mom (thanks J. Barry, she's our Mom, too.LOL). Didn't intend to hide...just exploring.

coop, 8 Hz oscillation is a desireable frequency. It cleans up a lot of static, electromagnetic chaos and is generally a good treatment for mental and emotional anxiety. The resonance is one of three(8, 14, 20) that eminate from our planet, Urantia.

I think N. Tesla was experimenting with frequency generation and experimenting with harmonic convergence in the most literal way. In intersecting specific harmonics I have imagined opening a "pop-top" on the energy tensions of the universe with the potential of tapping an ever-existant souce of power/energy relationships. Imagine a wedge moving thru space. What lies ahead is cut through by the leading edge while the trailing edge, being more massive, induces tension something akin to a low pressure area. In the material, that's lift. In the universal, that's draw. Both are induced tensions.

MHOs(my humble opinions),

Bill

PostPosted:  

Quote:
43.1.1 1. THE CONSTELLATION HEADQUARTERS Edentia abounds in fascinating highlands, extensive elevations of physical matter crowned with morontia life and overspread with spiritual glory, but there are no rugged mountain ranges such as appear on Urantia. There are tens of thousands of sparkling lakes and thousands upon thousands of interconnecting streams, but there are no great oceans nor torrential rivers. Only the highlands are devoid of these surface streams.

Hey Mom...wonder if there are any fish in them streams?

PostPosted:  

Noun
tension (plural tensions)

Condition of being held in a state between two or more forces, which are acting in opposition to each other.

(physics) (engineering) State of an elastic object which is stretched in a way which increases its length.

Were you thinking of tension in the physical or mental?

PostPosted:  

I like both aspects of tension...being held in place, in balance between forces...nice; being stretched....could use a bit of that this morning :D

Oh what a beautiful scene to imagine, lakes and streams everywhere...definitely my kind of heaven...fish too?!? would simply love that idea :biggrin: :biggrin: I'll bet there are all kinds of wonderful water based leisure activities. Very exciting. Much to look forward to on our journey.

PostPosted:  

Talk about stretching my mind...with the help of a friend I started to download and burn CD's...papers from the UB. I can get 2 papers per CD..I have a CD player by my bed and at night or in the twilight hours I put a paper on and close my eyes and listen...I am up to Paper 5.. It's wonderful...has anyone else done this mind stretch?

Peace...

PostPosted:  

Hey, tootsie.
The tension mindstretcher is to consider that the spirit worlds have access to this energy for transportation, transformation and service...this tension.
I think it reasonable to suggest that there are other expressions observable other than mental and material. How else could the arts portray the seperation of man from god without introducing spiritual tension? I'm thinking Sistine Chapel.

I'm looking into "tension" in the UB like a pig roots for 'sroons(mushrooms). There is light there I've yet to see clearly.

Thanks for the exercise, feeling better,

Bill

PostPosted:  

Perhaps I miisunderstood you original thoughts....do you mean the "tension" or mind stretch that leads to inspiration and creativity? I have often found that during the twilight hours of slumber and wakefullness that I have my best inspirations and I have learned to act upon these guided thoughts...when I am fully awake I get busy with the nuts and bolts of the day :wink:

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I have often found that during the twilight hours of slumber and wakefullness that I have my best inspirations and I have learned to act upon these guided thoughts...when I am fully awake I get busy with the nuts and bolts of the day

This has been my experience also, tootsie. I have often felt that it is only when my body is at asleep, when I'm not feeding my already frenzied thoughts with more thoughts, that a connection is made.

Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Interesting...I came across a little book, got it years ago..."An Explanation of the Forward to the Urantia Book-Backwards" by Justine Lamphiere...and there it came up on page 2...Escape from Infinity tension. What is the escape plan? WILL, it's free will!

Link...
http://www.ubhistory.org/Documents/AJ19 ... reJ_26.pdf

and of course I thought of this discussion...I am continuing to read the book...just thought I'd drop this in. Have any of you seen or read this book?