Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:53 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can science lead us to Spirituality?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 31 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 36
PostPosted:  

joer, how are you doing, i remember when you posted on my yahoo forum, theurantiabook. we're in the science papers right now in our study group and i got to read paper 42, section 2 in one long breath. 179:3.3 After a few moments of this great embarrassment, Peter said, “Master, do you really mean to wash my feet?” And then, looking up into Peter’s face, Jesus said: “You may not fully understand what I am about to do, but hereafter you will know the meaning of all these things.” Then Simon Peter, drawing a long breath, said, “Master, you shall never wash my feet!” And each of the apostles nodded their approval of Peter’s firm declaration of refusal to allow Jesus thus to humble himself before them.

why would they still bother arguing with jesus?

Joer wrote:
You know there are so many of us who have an interest in Science and scientific discovery.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Brother rich 8)

IF You would only Actually Read some of the
posts topic threads , Instead of Just Giveing
Dozens of Random Quotes and one liner replies ,
Then You Would Know That Our Brother
JoeR Has Graduated Urantia and is Now
On The Mansion Worlds .

So Unless A Midwayer Intervines and Posts on his behalf
He Wont Be Answering Your Question.
Quality not Quantity IS Better .

PostPosted:  

i'm always quality. i can feel god's love to some degree since i came to understand who he is through tub. we are definitely animals with this mid-breather status and body smells. i wish my standard of living was so high it would be suicidal, i don't pity bill gates. i'll reality-ize by worshipping the lord. i'm looking forward to going upward and onward to deity-likeness. i'm looking forward to when philosophy will then begin to achieve unity in the intelligent comprehension of the universe.

3:4.6 Mortal man cannot possibly know the infinitude of the heavenly Father. Finite mind cannot think through such an absolute truth or fact. But this same finite human being can actually feel — literally experience — the full and undiminished impact of such an infinite Father’s LOVE. Such a love can be truly experienced, albeit while quality of experience is unlimited, quantity of such an experience is strictly limited by the human capacity for spiritual receptivity and by the associated capacity to love the Father in return.

7:1.3 Spirit realities respond to the drawing power of the center of spiritual gravity in accordance with their qualitative value, their actual degree of spirit nature. Spirit substance (quality) is just as responsive to spirit gravity as the organized energy of physical matter (quantity) is responsive to physical gravity. Spiritual values and spirit forces are real. From the viewpoint of personality, spirit is the soul of creation; matter is the shadowy physical body.

68:6.7 All down through the ages the standards of living have determined the quality of a surviving population in contrast with mere quantity. Local class standards of living give origin to new social castes, new mores. When standards of living become too complicated or too highly luxurious, they speedily become suicidal. Caste is the direct result of the high social pressure of keen competition produced by dense populations.

111:3.6 Mind knows quantity, reality, meanings. But quality — values — is felt. That which feels is the mutual creation of mind, which knows, and the associated spirit, which reality-izes.

130:7.8 The time-space concept of a mind of material origin is destined to undergo successive enlargements as the conscious and conceiving personality ascends the levels of the universes. When man attains the mind intervening between the material and the spiritual planes of existence, his ideas of time-space will be enormously expanded both as to quality of perception and quantity of experience. The enlarging cosmic conceptions of an advancing spirit personality are due to augmentations of both depth of insight and scope of consciousness. And as personality passes on, upward and inward, to the transcendental levels of Deity-likeness, the time-space concept will increasingly approximate the timeless and spaceless concepts of the Absolutes. Relatively, and in accordance with transcendental attainment, these concepts of the absolute level are to be envisioned by the children of ultimate destiny.

133:5.7 Quantity may be identified as a fact, thus becoming a scientific uniformity. Quality, being a matter of mind interpretation, represents an estimate of values, and must, therefore, remain an experience of the individual. When both science and religion become less dogmatic and more tolerant of criticism, philosophy will then begin to achieve unity in the intelligent comprehension of the universe.

coop wrote:
Brother rich 8)

IF You would only Actually Read some of the
posts topic threads , Instead of Just Giveing
Dozens of Random Quotes and one liner replies ,
Then You Would Know That Our Brother
JoeR Has Graduated Urantia and is Now
On The Mansion Worlds .

So Unless A Midwayer Intervines and Posts on his behalf
He Wont Be Answering Your Question.
Quality not Quantity IS Better .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13