Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:39 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

"as His follower I am required to uphold my level of knowledge no matter the circumstances"

Ultimately true. From the perspective of the godhead. That is an awakening into sonship with ordained destiny of opportunity, according to the Father and His outworking will.
So, as we discover god's will for us we continue to live as human beings because we are.
How we live, destined or not, secures personal knowledge of survival.

I beg. I do. When there is something I really desire to know, now, I hound and bird-dog the powers that be until something comes to mind. I don't recommend this practice to anyone but soldiers and men of the cloth.

As His follower, you are to love all persons. You chose how to love, my friend. To uphold is only to live in harmony. We are all here to worship with our lifes.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Laon,

I will try to do as Uncle Bill suggests.

First I think the problem here is too little previous work prior to discovery of the Papers.

I state this information only to show the time and effort involved in my quest.

I came to the Urantia Papers as part of a fairly long search for the "secrets of the universe". Prior to that discovery I studied the Gita, Ohaspe, Majik, Scientology, Gurdjieff, comparative philosophy, comparative religion, and more. I had three foot tall stacks of books on both sides of my reading chair. I took some side trips into astrology, tarot, Theosophy, and metaphysics. I read Don Juan and the Lord of the Rings. I visited many organizations proclaiming possession of the truth. I hold degrees in education, history, political science and geology. After all of the above the Papers fell into my hands.

I was outrageously enthusiastic when I found the Papers. I bought copies for my friends. They were polite, but thought I was nuts. After a while we each come to the understanding that we are not John or Joan the Baptist. We are just ordinary citizens of the universe awakening to that fact. Living in the realization of the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man is the task of the day.

Slow down, take a few deep breaths, and realize we are not your foes. We want you to know what we know. Inner peace.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you, Faith son, Bill.

As a geology minded individual, I bet you really enjoyed the history of our planet. Any revelation you would care to discuss?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi All

Just catching up w/what has been posted lately and I have to say that I'm truly in awe of the patience and tolerance you guys continue to show to someone who doesn't understand that they don't understand. In spite of the insulting language spewed out to you, you have all managed to remain rather indulgent of another's assertion of superiority over you (other than a few very human "back at you's"). I bow to your learned patience of youthful arrogance. Obviously one has to have lived that in order to spot it...and tolerate it.

Reading through this and many other threads gives me a greater appreciation of the combined wisdom of experience w/in this forum...by those who have not only read the UB but who have also tried to live the revelation. After all is said and done, we're air breathing human beings...striving to understand some things that just may not be w/in our ability to understand...in a particular moment of time. Through my own reading of the UB, and also through reading such a wide range and variety of thoughts from so many in this forum, it has become easier for me to accept my astounding ignorance of more than I could even begin to fathom. And that's due to my certainty, finally, at last and forever, that I am a daughter of God. The understanding that I actually "need" will come when I'm ready, and as it is needed. Meanwhile, I can relax more and just enjoy this ride....(what a relief). The search is ever before me, that's the thrill. But it no longer is imperative that I "understand" what I don't understand. There is One who will carry me through to where I need to be in the next moment, to the next question, to the next answer.

At points along the way we bump into each other and sometimes bruise one another. It's encouraging to see that this can happen here in this forum, w/the bumps causing such little harm.
My hat is off to you!

Peace
Jo

Uh, just realized something. You may have to disregard everything I just wrote. I smoke those dreadful cigarettes so...guess I'm polluted and my judgement may be too unstable.

(I'm sorry...just couldn't resist. I'm just enjoying the ride at the moment)

And Laon...that wasn't meant to bruise...just something to lighten this up a bit. Just breathe...and relax. It will all be made clear, to you, to me, to everyone...when it's time.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gods Day Bless you Jo , for your Inspireing Words & Thots . '' I'm just enjoying the ride at the moment) '' Me Tooooo :mrgreen:

Amen ~ So it Is , So it Shall be . We can Take Comfort in the Words of the Revelators , In That Even They are Honest , And can say Humbly That ;

'' I/We Do not Really Know "" :wink:
Namastae to ALL .
Faith son
Coop
Question ? ~ Should I Get a Shave & A Haircut ? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

If that's you, no haircut...just a shave, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Question ? ~ Should I Get a Shave & A Haircut ?

A shave definitely, A hair cut?.... yes I see one hair :smile:

Enjoy.

Peace.

Post subject: absolutes and quiblings
PostPosted:  

greetings, brothers and sisters, from one new to this board but not to the papers nor to Life. yet i remain forever naive, i suppose, being a bit disappointed to find some energies here not unlike those that haunt the so-called christian chat rooms. so be it. tiz the nature of the beast as they say, and the UB is quite clear on that in myriad ways.

thus i have found it to be so: that when one with the voice of truth comes, there is an attraction there, natural spirit affinity. apart from time, the truth imparted may not come to full fruition in the moment, yet if it later does, the past which bore it is changed and with it our understanding of the speaker and the spirit. a context has evolved, one gift of time. "from the mouths of babes" indeed... and would we not be as babes?

as long as i am connected, so to speak, our Father's will for me achieves potentiality, and "walking forward looking backward" i see too how his will has been worked through me and others, quite without deliberatness of my conscious mind or even awareness, and often so for the others as well.

i also see where a situation has been utterly clear to me and the path unhindered... and the ending ungood, no matter the goodness of my intent. more importantly i see how we, myself and others with whom i shared some growth time, allowed our ideas of good to interfere with the better ideas we had left bound up because we had not asked.

i would never be one to interfere with a person's pain with the possible exception of unreasonable fear, because that one tends to turn back on itself and then turn outward in all manner of not-good ways, going unknowingly in hunt of victims. but enough of my blather.

this creatureland heart gives thanks for all that is known, being made known, and yet to be known; may love flower therein.

just thought i'd dip my toe in the water. namaste'.... M

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Mansion Whirleds

Quote:
just thought i'd dip my toe in the water. namaste'.... M

Jump in the waters fine. Just don't sound off like a nut case.

We're all on the same bus.

Peace.

PostPosted:  

amen, coyoteson. ty and peace as well. :arrow: onward . ..

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

sadfsadfsdfas

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:42 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

sadfsadfsadfdf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:43 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Laon ~

I / We Do Love You & Your Spirit , You Are Allways welcome Here ,
Just be Yourself , You Allways will have a shoulser/s to Lean on ,
and Ears to Listin to you .

I Sincerly thank God that Unc Bill was Spirit Lead in Helping you in your
Troubled times of transitions , If you are Lonely at times, remember that you are NEVER ALONE . Jesus Christ Michael Walks WITH YOU Allways ,
as will we also .

Please stick around , we can allways learn from each others Spirits .

So much to say , I wish I had the Words to comfort you , But I do know that the Holy Mother Spirit Can & Will be with you ans can an will
comfort you .

I Will keep you in my prayers , as i hope you will keep me in yours .

You ARE OUR Sister , We Do Love You As thee Father Loves you

... UNCONDITIONALLY . :wink:

Help Us Help you , as You also Can Help Us in Shareing the LOVE
of God Within Us .

Namastae Laon :smile:

Pax

Faith son ... Coop

Hope this will help you smile :smile:
http://www.dmc.go.com/v1/digitaltheater ... pylove.xml

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

sdafsadfsdf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:43 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Laon,

Quote:
I am 29 Bill.

OK. I will say only this. I have learned a few things in the 35 years since I was 29. When I was 29 I knew it all.

One of the things I learned was to not waste time with those who are secure in their delusions.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next