Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:31 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted:  

asdfsadfsdaf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:34 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

:::MODERATOR NOTE:::
Quote:
I had this thought because among these pages and links, the link we choose to read these pages we are currently reading, states "Open Discussion." My understanding of Open is that all discussion is welcome. Now, if something is removed and placed else where, it does seem the titling of the page is inappropriate because it does not use the word correctly. I thought, for truth sake (for my hope is that the people of this Urantia community are indeed coordinating their efforts with what I hope we acknowledge as a rightful way, which is truth in thought and action) I would make mention of this, and hope that it is either retitled appropriately, or it is as it states, "Open Discussion".

EternalLove... Your definition of Open Discussion is interesting but this particular forum will be governed by the guidelines posted. I encourage you to read those guidelines and ask that you abide by them. http://forums.truthbook.com/viewtopic.php?t=519 (POSTING GUIDELINES)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Thanks Tramp.

It should be observed that any discussion here concerning a Melchizedek order anywhere on planet earth having any validity is speculation and conjecture fueled by psychic wanderings or wishful thinking. The only connection it would have to Urantia Book teachings or to this site would be through the use of the word Melchizedek. Not intending to be harsh or overbearing, but psychics have their own network; here we try our best to keep our feet on the ground.

L. Watkins

PostPosted:  

[quote="EternalLove"] All the while, Fetish has given us the opportunity to discuss and to bring to light a correct way of viewing some thought patterns regarding our perception of highly spiritually developed beings that have been previously greatly misunderstood on this earth, and in consequence have created false interpetations of these individuals and has created strife within their lives.

There is much that needs to be written in response to the thoughts of Fetish, for there is most definitely an absolute beautiful and good truth that lies within the needed response. Time does not allow it for today...

[quote]

Dear E.T. Love,

I would greatly appreciated it if you could discuss the UB without resorting to using me for some hidden agenda of your own creation. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

asdfsdf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:34 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

::: MODERATOR NOTE :::

I removed a post from EternalLove because it was, in my view, antagonistic and therefore in violation of the guidelines.

I also inadvertently posted this message in the wrong forum for which I most humbly apologize.

EternalLove... I'm going to do my job to the best of my ability regardless of your, or anyone else's, opinion. I will certainly not bow to your alleged spiritual authority.

Those who place value on rules and guidelines expect such things to be enforced. When they are not then complaints are rightfully aired. You may not have noticed but the number of moderators has reduced significantly lately. It is only recently that I volunteered to moderate the Open Discussion room.

I did so because from my experience I see a pattern developing that led to the demise of several once great spiritual discussion forums: The "Higher Beings" come and demand not only that their Truth be heard but that it be accepted without condition. Of course, these "Higher Beings" always represent and speak for the "little guys." A clash of the Titans soon follows and the numbers and emotions of the complaints grow. At some point the Admin, the people who have put a lot of time, energy and money into the site decide to discontinue the discussion forum.

So until I wear out my welcome, or another volunteer moderator steps up to take this bull by the horns, I will enforce the guidelines as posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

AMEN ! My Brother Tramp 8) " I will enforce the guidelines as posted."

I Thank you For Doing So , as well as for your Service Here . AMEN ~ So it Is , So Also May It Be So . :wink: May the God you believe in bless your life. May the life you live be a blessing to those who know you.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:shock: :?
EternalLove CLAIMS :?: :arrow:
correct way of viewing some thought patterns regarding our perception of highly spiritually developed beings that have been previously greatly misunderstood on this earth, and in consequence have created false interpetations of these individuals and has created strife within their lives.

Uncle Bill, you did state in summary, who was to unite the Order? There is a Higher Order than the Melchizedek meant to unite the Order. This is soley for the purpose of bringing it back to it's original purpose. Currently it is being decided upon if the current holders of the Melchizedek bestowal on earth, are adaptive enough to ensure all that which needs to come forth will be completed. It is currently their time to rectify behaviors that are not in support of Gods Divine Way in respect to their overall dealings with Man. The Higher Order is being prepared to reunite the Melchizedek if the current chosen bestowals can not see themselves through their needed growth. So, what it is next? Time and patience. If it is that the Melchizedeks choose the opposite of the Higher Universal Laws of Love, then it will be time to move forward. However, as Love dictates, we have faith in them, along with patience for their growth with hope they choose well. And, It is wonderful to meet you too! :? :?: :? :shock:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EternalLove ~ There are just tooo Many Issues In Your Claims , About Mel & Your Statements in the Above .

& Well ~ For Me Personaly , I Really Dont Care To Know , your Response
Or Thots on It Any Further, ... A Little Bit TOOO in Left Field . A Boat Rowing with only One Oar in the Waters Goes Where ?
Faith son
Coop

lwatkins Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:01 am Post subject:

Thanks Tramp.

It should be observed that any discussion here concerning a Melchizedek order anywhere on planet earth having any validity is speculation and conjecture fueled by psychic wanderings or wishful thinking. The only connection it would have to Urantia Book teachings or to this site would be through the use of the word Melchizedek. Not intending to be harsh or overbearing, but psychics have their own network; here we try our best to keep our feet on the ground.

L. Watkins

Thank you Larry W . I Endorse All Said Above . Amen .
Un Needed Distractions are just That ... Un Needed .
Faith son
Coop

```````````````
PS ~ Uncle Bill ~ Believe in What you Wish , ~ Yet ... Belief in it Does Not
Make It Truth .
Namastae

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

sadfsdaf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:35 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

EternalLove,

Quote:
You Do Not Know the Higher Law at this Time. It Has Not Been Given To This Earth yet.

Really! Then how do You speak of it?

IMHO there is no higher truth than the Fatherhood of God, upon which all laws hinge.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

..........well I am waiting for a song from Tramp Swan......

lemme git ya cranked up -

"You say you can't git a rhyme wit 'Urantia?'
I'm sure you kin, now CAN'T CHA ??"

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

::: MODERATOR'S NOTE :::

This discussion has been moved to the Skeptic's Corner which places it into the jurisdiction of the administration. It was moved due to violations of the following guidelines for posting in the Open Forum.

Quote:
Those who currently are Urantia Book students, we humbly ask that you keep the spirit of this board, that being outreach for the Urantia teachings. While it is acceptable to share of other material that inspires you, please do not divert the focus of these boards to that material. You may offer links to other boards that have a different focus but keep the focus here primarily on The Urantia Book. We spend a great deal of time and effort drawing people to this site to find out about The Urantia Book and we are counting on those who have experience with these teachings to be available to answer their honest questions.

Quote:
If you have questions concerning our rules, suggestions or criticizms, please send your thoughts to any moderator or administrator rather than voice these concerns on the boards.

Discussion Board Rules

Quote:
Please Do Not:

5. Use language that is inconsistent with our community standards, including the use of sarcasm directed at any individual personality, insinuations that call into question another personís motives, swear words or profanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

sadfasdf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:35 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

EternalLove wrote:
COOP and Fetish - Someday you will fully understand, and it will be a happy time for you! :) It will be a light bulb moment, which is alot of fun.

There is absolutely nothing, and I am emphasing the NOTHING, that exists in YOU that qualifies you to judge.

The above is a transparent, lame, and puerile attempt at elevating yourself by knocking others down so you could crawl over them on your rise up to melchizedekness.

Second time I'm asking, please stop it.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello EternalLove,

We appreciate that you love us all, but we're not communicating well yet. I'm certain that if The Urantia Book didn't make it plain that to fuse here on earth results in a blinding flash of light and being immediately transported to the mansion worlds that there would be plenty of people claiming to have already fused; claims of preference and being special are a dime a dozen. Anyway, I'll respond to some of the points you've brought up in your previous post.

"It has also been made clear that while the honesty and sincerity has been spoken, there are other intentions among the leaders of this community that do stop and block divine guidance." Actually, there aren't any "leaders of this community" — we're all on equal footing, some may have more information at their fingertips than others and there are some who are responsible to see that the discussions adhere to the guidelines but that doesn't make anyone in particular a leader. It's the quality of the post that has value, not any position of leadership. And as for blocking divine guidance — heaven forbid! That's what we all seek, so if it's being thwarted here please explain how.

"I do not know what the intentions are, however I do believe it does have something very much to do with end profit results." More like "prophet implications" than "profit results" — this discussion board as well as the Truthbook site are services; there's no money being made.

"It is strikingly ugly, what is happening here. The people ask for divine intervention, and when it arrives the leaders of this community detour it, and naive innocents who follow, also follow suit." True, people do ask for divine intervention and have been ever since becoming conscious of divinity. The Urantia Book makes it pretty obvious that divine intervention is a fairly rare occurrence; it wasn't extended with Caligastia or Adam or Jesus. Although our hopes may be high the likelihood appears to be low.

"You are incorrect Swan, in that I was antagonistic towards Lwatkins. I was honest with him in consequence of his hatefullness towards anothers confidence in knowing their divine position. He does take great issue with such knowing. A large portion of it is because he does wish to be looked at as a leader (which in turn, because he does not how to lead in righteousness and rightfullness, it does require humility for him to gain the knowledge), and another portion is because he is in the process of aiding the true intentions of this community, which are not enveloped in true light." EternalLove, you're not helping here; again it looks like you're claiming divine position. We can relate to you as a human being; we can't relate to you if you're going to be special — yes, we will take issue with any such claims. And no, I don't wish to be a leader but I do strive for reasonableness. Your complaint that I and others are "in the process of aiding the true intentions of this community, which are not enveloped in true light." is pretty ethereal, pretty specious, pretty condescending so please try to communicate more like ordinary people do.

Now I ask you EternalLove, do you have any desire or intention to relate and discuss with us on a personal level, or is pontificating and proclaiming your aim? You said "Regarding your words, excuse me for saying so, but using your own words, you are "the little guys". Do you not think that divine intervention, The "Titans", would come to those who 1. diligently Ask and 2. who seem to be gathering for a truly righteous purpose?" Your remarks are better fitting for a New Age and metaphysical discussion group than for one based in the teachings of The Urantia Book.

You've been given a voice, we've heard you and would like to have you continue here with us but to do so you'll just have to try harder to get real.

L. Watkins

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

asdfsadf

Last edited by EternalLove on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:36 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next