Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:56 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I am sure i am not the only person that has spent waking hours at night thinking of how we can change the world to be come a better place, How we could help bring about the possible Era of Light and Life.

The old saying 'Change must come from with-in" has always been a staple of wisdom.

Many of us have made stride to become better people i know of many in 12 step programs that has also taken up that cup.

But there is more that it means when talking about from with -in...With in a Society...with-in a Family ... with-in a Government.

Yes we start with the self, but from there i perceive we move to the Family and the healthy nurturing of children, which i have found out is a very controversial topic.

But if we could find and agree upon basic fundamental foundations that have the highest potentials for success don't we have an obligation to discuss them?

Once a Family is healthy, than those in the family tend to respond to the society and challenge it to become healthy from with-in, and once a Society become healthier, a Government is challenged to be come healthier.

From with -in- out the world can be changed..Yes?

I believe all concept must be put on the table for re-vision, like what it means to be a Boy, a Girl and Father a Mother and Family. a member of a society, a nation.

What it mean to be a Humanbeing..becoming.

Re-defining is about opening the door to look at the olden things that don't work and may have been handy-capping our future.

The only way such a conversation can be helpful is if every one involved is willing to look at personal agendas that they may not be fully conscience of.

I say that because we some time hang on to old ways because they help keep secrets or help stuff hurts from long times past, because change is uncomfortable and more so if it reveals past issue, personal or societal, those thing we wishes not to look at.

The Work is ours, the Results are Gods. Stay true To The Journey

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

AMEN 8)

I Saw a simple statement of Truth on
a church sign months ago that stuck with me .

IT Said Simply
That ...

'' When All Is Said and Done , and Over.
DO You Say More , Or DO More .''

PostPosted:  

PEACE 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPH4LRASWbo

PostPosted:  

Compassion IS A Key Step Towards
The Ages of Light and Life .

Dalai Lama Live Life with Compassion 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC-kwVyNNxwC

PostPosted:  

Jesus Christ Michael ...Said 8)

''unfailingly impressed upon his associates that they must “show forth love, compassion, and sympathy.”

AND

''He taught pure sympathy, compassion. Michael of Nebadon is a mercy-dominated Son; compassion is his very nature.''

137:7.13 While Jesus later directed that the apostles should go forth, as John had, preaching the gospel and instructing believers, he laid emphasis on the proclamation of the “good tidings of the kingdom of heaven.” He unfailingly impressed upon his associates that they must “show forth love, compassion, and sympathy.” He early taught his followers that the kingdom of heaven was a spiritual experience having to do with the enthronement of God in the hearts of men.

140:8.11 3. Social attitude. The Jewish rabbis had long debated the question: Who is my neighbor? Jesus came presenting the idea of active and spontaneous kindness, a love of one’s fellow men so genuine that it expanded the neighborhood to include the whole world, thereby making all men one’s neighbors. But with all this, Jesus was interested only in the individual, not the mass. Jesus was not a sociologist, but he did labor to break down all forms of selfish isolation. He taught pure sympathy, compassion. Michael of Nebadon is a mercy-dominated Son; compassion is his very nature.

140:8.32 The Master came to create in man a new spirit, a new will — to impart a new capacity for knowing the truth, experiencing compassion, and choosing goodness — the will to be in harmony with God’s will, coupled with the eternal urge to become perfect, even as the Father in heaven is perfect.

PostPosted:  

It was Jesus that showed people that children had value, in the U.B. we see how he would stop his work in the shop so he could have story time with kids, and be a positive influence on them.

As of record in those days it was common practice for a Father to take his child out into the street and kill them if he found them to be dis-obedient, believed to be possessed by evil spirits.

Children had a very rough life in the olden days, but if you look closely there are many places even today where it is not easy being a child.

In a much earlier posting i had a long debate on Parent licensing, which Dr Foster had taken up as a cause, till he receive to much flack behind it.

But what are we to do to ensure that all children have a reasonable childhood that holds at least some fighting chance to develop in a healthy way?

Why do Parent rights become more important than a Child's rights...(and i am not talking about the pro vs anti abortion issue)

Why wouldn't it be a good thing if we had classes on how to be a parent at some time before one would be such.

We train before hand on how to drive so that the risk factors are addressed to some degree, if any of you know about CDL truck driving license, you have to face a real learning curve to pass and get your license as a Truck driver. so why not for some thing as important as being a parent.

And why not have Ethic and reason classes in High school insted of collage. Logic is important to learn, it is not some thing to be developed as you experience life...trust me...life can bring out some very twisted ideas about what is logical or not.

We can do better than churches to be the place where we learn about social standards and behavior.

We are not with out the research to provide good orderly direction in assessing better approaches to these and other life challenges ...challenges that we as a Human specie can face to better our selves.

THE WORK IS OURS, AND THE RESULT ARE GOD..STAY TRUE TO THE JOURNEY

PostPosted:  

Here in America, we are spoon-fed labels about our identity, as a man, a Woman, and how we fit in to the society, whether mainstream, or subculture, there are labels for every thing.

And so many once indoctrinated in to this kind of thinking, never seemed to find themselves again, or at least it become so difficult that most give up.

Raising our children to know them selves as human-being, and strengths there-in, is one step towards a healthier society.

Developing Character quality's that are not clouded by social constructs that get in the way.

Men have for too long been given free rein to think of them selves as the superior of the species, and allowed to dominant over weman, so much so that the only legacy we leave behind as evidence of the superiority is that Men are the #1 perpetrators of Crime, and weman are the #1 Victims of Crime.

Obviously there is a message that men are getting in our world to day and has been for century's that has been laying the ground work for men to be more Animals that Higher thinking and self-actualizing Humanbeing that are lead by spirit instead by emotions and self-grandiosity.

To Foster and Augment a better world we have to be honest about the environmental factors we take for granted. and be willing to change them appropriately.

PostPosted:  

''Woman, however, has always been the moral standard-bearer and the spiritual leader of mankind. ''

84:6.4 Women seem to have more intuition than men, but they also appear to be somewhat less logical. Woman, however, has always been the moral standard-bearer and the spiritual leader of mankind. The hand that rocks the cradle still fraternizes with destiny.

84:6.5 The differences of nature, reaction, viewpoint, and thinking between men and women, far from occasioning concern, should be regarded as highly beneficial to mankind, both individually and collectively. Many orders of universe creatures are created in dual phases of personality manifestation. Among mortals, Material Sons, and midsoniters, this difference is described as male and female; among seraphim, cherubim, and Morontia Companions, it has been denominated positive or aggressive and negative or retiring. Such dual associations greatly multiply versatility and overcome inherent limitations, even as do certain triune associations in the Paradise-Havona system.

84:6.6 Men and women need each other in their morontial and spiritual as well as in their mortal careers. The differences in viewpoint between male and female persist even beyond the first life and throughout the local and superuniverse ascensions. And even in Havona, the pilgrims who were once men and women will still be aiding each other in the Paradise ascent. Never, even in the Corps of the Finality, will the creature metamorphose so far as to obliterate the personality trends that humans call male and female; always will these two basic variations of humankind continue to intrigue, stimulate, encourage, and assist each other; always will they be mutually dependent on co-operation in the solution of perplexing universe problems and in the overcoming of manifold cosmic difficulties.

PostPosted:  

A house divided can not stand, that is one of the reality's we as a nation and a world need to completely embrace in order to achieve our future goals.

no one gender should dominate over the other, and together can and will solve the many problems our world faces.

But first we must keep fighting for equality, expressing the Value of working together, and over write the old Patriarchal concept that have dominated our world for too long.

Together recognize the handicaps developed when raising children with labels that hold them back from their true potentials.

There is a passage in the U.B. that says in meaning "that we do our children a disservice when we imprint on them our garbage" ( not an exact quote)

We must learn to let children develop as individuals Nurturing the best in them and guiding them, but keep in mind the harm of over parenting them. indulging, cradling, protecting, in all things there must be a balance.

PostPosted:  

AMEN My Brother AMEN ! 8)

Teach Your Children Lyrics-Crosby Stills Nash & Young -Melody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sslUup8RENo

PostPosted:  

@Coop: Beautiful quotes brother, very inspiring reminders, thank you. O:)

@JB: I like how you expanded the "with-in" philosophy all the way to the government, and perhaps, on a Cosmic level, to the local universe. I believe that resonates highly with the universe scheme of ascension. It starts with taking individual planets to L&L then system > constellation > local universe > minor sector> major sector...>Super universe.

I never realized the relation there until now.

As to your topic, I think the UB addressed this issue very specifically in here:
It really boils down to "Wisdom and Love"

This section even provides a contrast, "what to do" along side with "what not to do" [ John and Amos ]

Quote:
2. Early Home Life

(1921.5) 177:2.1 In the course of this day’s visiting with John Mark, Jesus spent considerable time comparing their early childhood and later boyhood experiences. Although John’s parents possessed more of this world’s goods than had Jesus’ parents, there was much experience in their boyhood which was very similar. Jesus said many things which helped John better to understand his parents and other members of his family. When the lad asked the Master how he could know that he would turn out to be a “mighty messenger of the kingdom,” Jesus said:

(1921.6) 177:2.2 “I know you will prove loyal to the gospel of the kingdom because I can depend upon your present faith and love when these qualities are grounded upon such an early training as has been your portion at home. You are the product of a home where the parents bear each other a sincere affection, and therefore you have not been overloved so as injuriously to exalt your concept of self-importance. Neither has your personality suffered distortion in consequence of your parents’ loveless maneuvering for your confidence and loyalty, the one against the other. You have enjoyed that parental love which insures laudable self-confidence and which fosters normal feelings of security. But you have also been fortunate in that your parents possessed wisdom as well as love; and it was wisdom which led them to withhold most forms of indulgence and many luxuries which wealth can buy while they sent you to the synagogue school along with your neighborhood playfellows, and they also encouraged you to learn how to live in this world by permitting you to have original experience. You came over to the Jordan, where we preached and John’s disciples baptized, with your young friend Amos. Both of you desired to go with us. When you returned to Jerusalem, your parents consented; Amos’s parents refused; they loved their son so much that they denied him the blessed experience which you have had, even such as you this day enjoy. By running away from home, Amos could have joined us, but in so doing he would have wounded love and sacrificed loyalty. Even if such a course had been wise, it would have been a terrible price to pay for experience, independence, and liberty. Wise parents, such as yours, see to it that their children do not have to wound love or stifle loyalty in order to develop independence and enjoy invigorating liberty when they have grown up to your age.

(1922.1) 177:2.3 “Love, John, is the supreme reality of the universe when bestowed by all-wise beings, but it is a dangerous and oftentimes semiselfish trait as it is manifested in the experience of mortal parents. When you get married and have children of your own to rear, make sure that your love is admonished by wisdom and guided by intelligence.

(1922.2) 177:2.4 “Your young friend Amos believes this gospel of the kingdom just as much as you, but I cannot fully depend upon him; I am not certain about what he will do in the years to come. His early home life was not such as would produce a wholly dependable person. Amos is too much like one of the apostles who failed to enjoy a normal, loving, and wise home training. Your whole afterlife will be more happy and dependable because you spent your first eight years in a normal and well-regulated home. You possess a strong and well-knit character because you grew up in a home where love prevailed and wisdom reigned. Such a childhood training produces a type of loyalty which assures me that you will go through with the course you have begun.”

(1922.3) 177:2.5 For more than an hour Jesus and John continued this discussion of home life. The Master went on to explain to John how a child is wholly dependent on his parents and the associated home life for all his early concepts of everything intellectual, social, moral, and even spiritual since the family represents to the young child all that he can first know of either human or divine relationships. The child must derive his first impressions of the universe from the mother’s care; he is wholly dependent on the earthly father for his first ideas of the heavenly Father. The child’s subsequent life is made happy or unhappy, easy or difficult, in accordance with his early mental and emotional life, conditioned by these social and spiritual relationships of the home. A human being’s entire afterlife is enormously influenced by what happens during the first few years of existence.

(1922.4) 177:2.6 It is our sincere belief that the gospel of Jesus’ teaching, founded as it is on the father-child relationship, can hardly enjoy a world-wide acceptance until such a time as the home life of the modern civilized peoples embraces more of love and more of wisdom. Notwithstanding that parents of the twentieth century possess great knowledge and increased truth for improving the home and ennobling the home life, it remains a fact that very few modern homes are such good places in which to nurture boys and girls as Jesus’ home in Galilee and John Mark’s home in Judea, albeit the acceptance of Jesus’ gospel will result in the immediate improvement of home life. The love life of a wise home and the loyal devotion of true religion exert a profound reciprocal influence upon each other. Such a home life enhances religion, and genuine religion always glorifies the home.

(1923.1) 177:2.7 It is true that many of the objectionable stunting influences and other cramping features of these olden Jewish homes have been virtually eliminated from many of the better-regulated modern homes. There is, indeed, more spontaneous freedom and far more personal liberty, but this liberty is not restrained by love, motivated by loyalty, nor directed by the intelligent discipline of wisdom. As long as we teach the child to pray, “Our Father who is in heaven,” a tremendous responsibility rests upon all earthly fathers so to live and order their homes that the word father becomes worthily enshrined in the minds and hearts of all growing children.

PostPosted:  

Being a Parent is such an important thing that in the U.B. it says if we don't have the experience here we will be given it in the Morantial Nursery, before we move on.

But we have so many becoming parent that don't want to be or just are not educated enough on how to be one that the children of the world are suffering and society is paying the price.

PostPosted:  

yeah, I agree, I really liked what you said about having to take a somewhat "Parental License", that is actually excellent, they can also limit the population with that so as not to become over populated; I think it is a very good idea and I won't be surprised at all to see it take flight within the next 10 years.

PostPosted:  

If it was done correctly than i would agree, sooner the better,.. but if you would scroll down in the posts here in Marriage & family life you will find a Topic on that very subject and you will read just how controversial it is, thus making me believe it will be a long time coming before our society is willing to advance in any social efforts.

PostPosted:  

I would like to take this to a new level in terms of "with-in"... There has been a new line of research called Epigenetics, it involves looking at our human make up in it smallest form. the Microscopic make up that determines who we are and how we are. causes and affect on so many levels.

One of the most interesting discovery i have read is how chemicals can literally change our personality's.

In the realm of mental health this is amazing research. they have found chemicals that attach them selves to our DNA and with out altering the structure of it can alter it's expression.

This means they have found some root causes of many behavioral issues on our society.

For example they found that while in the womb a mom in stress for what ever reason, can cause over production of Reelin, which is a good protein for many things in the body, but if while early in development those Reelin proteins because of excess start attaching them selves to the bands between our DNA can cause Schizophrenia, Depression, likely hood of addiction personality's.

And through out a persons life stressors can cause chemical changes that will have permenate affect on peoples behavior.
They are looking in to passable drugs that may act as Gene cleaners giving people their lives back.

The variety of chemicals and their causes are giving way to new understandings in to mental health.
And a BIG hello to the Nurture -vs- Nature debate. What we thought was genetic predisposition could now be a cause and affect from chemicals attaching them selves to our DNA altering expression and leading to many consequences we had not till now understood.

Conclusion for me is that we as a Society need to look closer at how we treat one another and how we co-create environments that Nurture, Foster, and Augment our development. From Child hood on.

Development of Resilience and wisdom to cope with life on life's terms are just the basic aids we need to teach and develop to become a better human race.

Stay True To the Journey.