Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:41 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Well I am not sure about homosexuality, so I can't really use the u.b for that.
Quote:
But my point actually is that your comments seem to come from the UB only and no where else therefore, I can understand your singular viewpoint
I have viewpoints gained from being involved with various religion's but the purpose of this website is talk about the Urantia book's teachings.

As far as children, I can use the u.b to explain where I am coming from, I also have provided some quotes that explain what I am saying. The book say's that at the age's of just prior to 6 or so years we do not have a thought adjuster and our entire religious experience is 100 percent dependant on our biological parents. A thought adjuster arrives opun our first free-will morale choice and this is what we can call our mindal birth with the arrival of the Thought adjuster "just before the age of 6". So before that birth, we are still attached to our parents in almost every way. The connection to our parents before the age of 6 is so strong that even if we were to die as a infant we must await the arrival of one of our parents on the mansion world before we are able to be resurected. We have our spiritual birth ie. become spiritual being's when we fuse with the thought adjuster. A infant child has yet to make their mind a seperate activity apart from their parents and than the first morale choice signifiy's this seperation from the parents and it signals the arrival of the thougth adjuster and the birth of the soul.

So as a child before the age of 6 we no -soul, no ability to make a morale choice and no thought adjuster to connect our minds to god. Essentially we are infant animals with personality's, that haven't really gotten off the ground yet. This is why parenthood is a sacred honor, because so much is riding on you for that child's development at a young age.

Quote:
(531.6) 47:2.2 It is these same deserted cherubim who, as Mansion World Teachers, under the supervision of the Melchizedeks, maintain such extensive educational facilities for the training of the probationary wards of the finaliters. These wards of the finaliters, these infants of ascending mortals, are always personalized as of their exact physical status at the time of death except for reproductive potential. This awakening occurs at the exact time of the parental arrival on the first mansion world. And then are these children given every opportunity, as they are, to choose the heavenly way just as they would have made such a choice on the worlds where death so untimely terminated their careers.

Quote:
Though the Adjusters volunteer for service as soon as the personality forecasts have been relayed to Divinington, they are not actually assigned until the human subjects make their first moral personality decision. The first moral choice of the human child is automatically indicated in the seventh mind-adjutant and registers instantly, by way of the local universe Creative Spirit, over the universal mind-gravity circuit of the Conjoint Actor in the presence of the Master Spirit of superuniverse jurisdiction, who forthwith dispatches this intelligence to Divinington. Adjusters reach their human subjects on Urantia, on the average, just prior to the sixth birthday. In the present generation it is running five years, ten months, and four days; that is, on the 2,134th day of terrestrial life. ~ The Urantia Book, (108:2.1)

Quote:
108:3.3 Human subjects are often known by the numbers of their Adjusters; mortals do not receive real universe names until after Adjuster fusion, which union is signalized by the bestowal of the new name upon the new creature by the destiny guardian.

Quote:
(1218.8) 111:2.10 The inevitable result of such a contactual spiritualization of the human mind is the gradual birth of a soul, the joint offspring of an adjutant mind dominated by a human will that craves to know God, working in liaison with the spiritual forces of the universe which are under the overcontrol of an actual fragment of the very God of all creation — the Mystery Monitor. And thus does the material and mortal reality of the self transcend the temporal limitations of the physical-life machine and attain a new expression and a new identification in the evolving vehicle for selfhood continuity, the morontia and immortal soul.

This last quote was taken from the Adjuster and Soul paper. This Paragraph along with some others in these paper's clearly show how the soul is the joint offspring of the human being and the thought adjuster. Therefore a child does not have a soul untill the arrival of spiritual force's which are brought to the child threw the actual fragment of god "thought adjuster".

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

As-Above-So-Below
Said Quote :arrow:
'' Frankly Boom, the New-Age is over two thousand years old and based on that I'm working on the 8th and the 9th.''

Your Working ON ...
THE '' 8th and the 9th.'' ... WHAT ? :idea:

NAMASTE 8)

PostPosted:  

Homosexual marriage cannot lead to procreation which is the idea behind man and woman becoming one in marriage. It is the antithesis of creation as is abortion. Both practices lead to depopulation and to the destruction of the race over time. "Many primitive clans were virtually exterminated by the practice of both abortion and infanticide." 68:6.9

PostPosted:  

And yet....I married my dear wife way beyond our "procreation" years and we had no children together. But our union is nontheless blissful and a blessing to my child and her children and both our extended families and it is the center of our socialization and spiritization and love. Gays are a result of Urantia's lack of universe leadership in establishing "best practices" if you will, we being left to discover love and experience our materialism and create "families" in the darkness of planetary evolution.

While your opinion may be true enough on planets settled in light and life (?), I would not think that any such judgementalism has any place in universe reality. Each of God's children is precious and each seek love in this life (or should) and some may find it in unique or mysterious ways in the minds of others....but ANYTHING or any relationship based on love and selflessness is an ideal to uphold, no?

Now, the abortion issue....probably best for Abner's Corner but here it is so here we go.......It is especially difficult so soon after Hitler's Horror and racial genocide and ethnic cleansing here on-planet to discuss the fact that TUB teaches, at great length, "population control" and socially managed bio upliftment. We here are way too deep into the evil and sin and iniquity of killing each other to approach the topic with any rational objectivity. But the fact is there are people who should not become parents....or not yet. And there are far too many unwanted and negleted children therefrom. One must have a license and education to drive or go fishing but parenting? Aside from genetics, unwanted and uncared for children are a real issue.....and yet I don't see anti-abortionists adopting and creating nurturing foster centers and free schools and clinics and homes for the tens of millions of these unwanted and unloved souls (there certainly are examples....like many gay couples for instance).

Now I am not pro-choice or pro-life politically.....as a man, my wife reminds I have NO opinion, or not one that matters or is welcome! :smile: But this is not an ideal world and self determination and free choice ARE my foundation belief....each must choose their way to both survival and ascendency. It is not my place or any other's to predetermine another's free will choices....one must choose and suffer or benefit by the results of the choices. Abortion is an ugly business and the decision is deeply personal and there is suffering on both sides of either choice made. It is unfair and unrighteous to judge or condemn any who face such a decision.

The reality is that far too much of the anti-abortion movement is driven by those who are also against birth control and many who support, still, the subjugation of womanhood - wishing to cloister them and cover them and control them as property. Far more barbaric and primitive beliefs and behaviours, no? One must think through that which they believe and that which they oppose to establish continuity and integration of them into a coherent and reasonable philosophy.

There will be seven trillion worlds populated by mortal ascenders in the fullness of time. An interesting and relevant question is who is harmed or what is prevented by abortion? Is a unique person destroyed or prevented from their opportunity in time and space? Or do they simply move up to the next birth a nanosecond later somewhere? I have no idea. But logic would lead to such a conclusion within the totality of TUB's teachings. Many primitives do not survive mortality. Many others are killed by disease, starvation, and violence for many thousands of years (about one million years here and still counting). And TUB clearly teaches the social "management" of population and genetics both. Many parts of TUB revolted me early and still trouble me today. The realities of free will and evolutionary progress are brutal and seemingly so impersonal and ungodly.

But they are not final. For our destiny is one where no evil, no sin, and no iniquity exist and never has....there is no reality in the horrors of materialism or evolution or free will, except as the experience changes each of us and except as we find and share love with others....as in gay marriage for instance. There is much to repair and re-create on Urantia, much that is unreal and untrue and leads to all manner of suffering. I don't think gay marriage is one of them. We need to pick a better target for our angst, eh? Patience, tolerence, humility, empathy, and a genuine brotherly love for all is not an easy road....but it is the only one that leads to truth and reality and personal survival. Peace.

PostPosted:  

The following is stated by the UB about marriage: "68:2.9 The function of marriage in evolution is the insurance of race survival, not merely the realization of personal happiness; self-maintenance and self-perpetuation are the real objects of the home. Self-gratification is incidental and not essential except as an incentive insuring sex association. Nature demands survival, but the arts of civilization continue to increase the pleasures of marriage and the satisfactions of family life." It really comes down to the continuation of the species and gay marriage is counter creative. It offers nothing to the continuance of the species. Also, the new testament is clear in Matthew 19 Jesus stated the following" Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said; For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one flesh." Gay marriages do not produce "one flesh", children, therefore by definition given in the UB and the Bible marriage can only exist between a man and a woman.

PostPosted:  

Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. I would suggest though that our spiritualization is measured more by our affirmations and actions than our oppositions....what we're for and not what we're against. And then there is plenty of scripture about being judgmental and intolerent and impatient too. The feelings we have for gay people should be one of love and kindness as God's children too. You hold an ideal that leads to 50% divorce and unholy behaviors and human horrors.....marriage is not sacrement - loving embrace of equal partners in peace and harmony is the ideal quoted.....it is but an ideal, a good one, but a failed one in the vast majority of marriages. What of seperation and divorce and child neglect and abuse? Hardly ideals but certainly realities, eh? The world is not ideal and we make it so by each of us striving to live the ideal. The Lord also advised us to waste no time on the speck in any other's eye and work more on removing the beams in our own.

So, my advice would be - if you are gay bilboj1, then do not marry. If you are not, prepare for gay children or loved ones or friends as they are all around you. Many people in this life will not embrace your ideals. What of it? Trust the Lord to work his mysteries in the fullness of time and find something to support rather than something to oppose. Your interpretation of what is written is only that. TUB wastes little time on the specific issue of being gay or modern marriage. And there are many ideals presented we fall well short of it seems so far on this world. But it seems like there are far more important ideals to uplift and far worse things to oppose for world peace and brotherly love, no?

PostPosted:  

The Key IS LOVE

''the evidence to all the world that you have been born of the spirit is that you sincerely love one another.”

And Sincere LOVE IS For EVERYONE !

LOVE IS LOVE

Sincerely LOVE one another.

Regardless of Gender , Sexual Orientations , Race , Creed , Religion

GOD And Jesus LOVES EVERYONE

LOVE ... NOT ... LUST Tho

139:4.6 Those characteristics of Jesus which John most appreciated were the Master’s love and unselfishness; these traits made such an impression on him that his whole subsequent life became dominated by the sentiment of love and brotherly devotion. He talked about love and wrote about love. This “son of thunder” became the “apostle of love”; and at Ephesus, when the aged bishop was no longer able to stand in the pulpit and preach but had to be carried to church in a chair, and when at the close of the service he was asked to say a few words to the believers, for years his only utterance was, “My little children, love one another.”

142:5.4 Said the Prophet Isaiah, speaking of these times: ‘When the spirit is poured upon us from on high, then shall the work of righteousness become peace, quietness, and assurance forever.’ And for all who truly believe this gospel, I will become surety for their reception into the eternal mercies and the everlasting life of my Father’s kingdom. You, then, who hear this message and believe this gospel of the kingdom are the sons of God, and you have life everlasting; and the evidence to all the world that you have been born of the spirit is that you sincerely love one another.”

159:1.3 The Father in heaven loves his children, and therefore should you learn to love one another; the Father in heaven forgives you your sins; therefore should you learn to forgive one another. If your brother sins against you, go to him and with tact and patience show him his fault. And do all this between you and him alone. If he will listen to you, then have you won your brother. But if your brother will not hear you, if he persists in the error of his way, go again to him, taking with you one or two mutual friends that you may thus have two or even three witnesses to confirm your testimony and establish the fact that you have dealt justly and mercifully with your offending brother. Now if he refuses to hear your brethren, you may tell the whole story to the congregation, and then, if he refuses to hear the brotherhood, let them take such action as they deem wise; let such an unruly member become an outcast from the kingdom. While you cannot pretend to sit in judgment on the souls of your fellows, and while you may not forgive sins or otherwise presume to usurp the prerogatives of the supervisors of the heavenly hosts, at the same time, it has been committed to your hands that you should maintain temporal order in the kingdom on earth. While you may not meddle with the divine decrees concerning eternal life, you shall determine the issues of conduct as they concern the temporal welfare of the brotherhood on earth. And so, in all these matters connected with the discipline of the brotherhood, whatsoever you shall decree on earth, shall be recognized in heaven. Although you cannot determine the eternal fate of the individual, you may legislate regarding the conduct of the group, for, where two or three of you agree concerning any of these things and ask of me, it shall be done for you if your petition is not inconsistent with the will of my Father in heaven. And all this is ever true, for, where two or three believers are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them.”

178:1.17 Throughout the vicissitudes of life, remember always to love one another. Do not strive with men, even with unbelievers. Show mercy even to those who despitefully abuse you. Show yourselves to be loyal citizens, upright artisans, praiseworthy neighbors, devoted kinsmen, understanding parents, and sincere believers in the brotherhood of the Father’s kingdom. And my spirit shall be upon you, now and even to the end of the world.

180:1.1 After a few moments of informal conversation, Jesus stood up and said: “When I enacted for you a parable indicating how you should be willing to serve one another, I said that I desired to give you a new commandment; and I would do this now as I am about to leave you. You well know the commandment which directs that you love one another; that you love your neighbor even as yourself. But I am not wholly satisfied with even that sincere devotion on the part of my children. I would have you perform still greater acts of love in the kingdom of the believing brotherhood. And so I give you this new commandment: That you love one another even as I have loved you. And by this will all men know that you are my disciples if you thus love one another.

180:1.3 When I invite you to love one another, even as I have loved you, I hold up before you the supreme measure of true affection, for greater love can no man have than this: that he will lay down his life for his friends. And you are my friends; you will continue to be my friends if you are but willing to do what I have taught you. You have called me Master, but I do not call you servants. If you will only love one another as I am loving you, you shall be my friends, and I will ever speak to you of that which the Father reveals to me.

180:1.4 You have not merely chosen me, but I have also chosen you, and I have ordained you to go forth into the world to yield the fruit of loving service to your fellows even as I have lived among you and revealed the Father to you. The Father and I will both work with you, and you shall experience the divine fullness of joy if you will only obey my command to love one another, even as I have loved you.”

180:2.1 Then Jesus stood up again and continued teaching his apostles: “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. I am the vine, and you are the branches. And the Father requires of me only that you shall bear much fruit. The vine is pruned only to increase the fruitfulness of its branches. Every branch coming out of me which bears no fruit, the Father will take away. Every branch which bears fruit, the Father will cleanse that it may bear more fruit. Already are you clean through the word I have spoken, but you must continue to be clean. You must abide in me, and I in you; the branch will die if it is separated from the vine. As the branch cannot bear fruit except it abides in the vine, so neither can you yield the fruits of loving service except you abide in me. Remember: I am the real vine, and you are the living branches. He who lives in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit of the spirit and experience the supreme joy of yielding this spiritual harvest. If you will maintain this living spiritual connection with me, you will bear abundant fruit. If you abide in me and my words live in you, you will be able to commune freely with me, and then can my living spirit so infuse you that you may ask whatsoever my spirit wills and do all this with the assurance that the Father will grant us our petition. Herein is the Father glorified: that the vine has many living branches, and that every branch bears much fruit. And when the world sees these fruit-bearing branches — my friends who love one another, even as I have loved them — all men will know that you are truly my disciples.

180:2.5 When there exists this living connection between divinity and humanity, if humanity should thoughtlessly and ignorantly pray for selfish ease and vainglorious accomplishments, there could be only one divine answer: more and increased bearing of the fruits of the spirit on the stems of the living branches. When the branch of the vine is alive, there can be only one answer to all its petitions: increased grape bearing. In fact, the branch exists only for, and can do nothing except, fruit bearing, yielding grapes. So does the true believer exist only for the purpose of bearing the fruits of the spirit: to love man as he himself has been loved by God — that we should love one another, even as Jesus has loved us.

180:6.1 After Peter, James, John, and Matthew had asked the Master numerous questions, he continued his farewell discourse by saying: “And I am telling you about all this before I leave you in order that you may be so prepared for what is coming upon you that you will not stumble into serious error. The authorities will not be content with merely putting you out of the synagogues; I warn you the hour draws near when they who kill you will think they are doing a service to God. And all of these things they will do to you and to those whom you lead into the kingdom of heaven because they do not know the Father. They have refused to know the Father by refusing to receive me; and they refuse to receive me when they reject you, provided you have kept my new commandment that you love one another even as I have loved you. I am telling you in advance about these things so that, when your hour comes, as mine now has, you may be strengthened in the knowledge that all was known to me, and that my spirit shall be with you in all your sufferings for my sake and the gospel’s. It was for this purpose that I have been talking so plainly to you from the very beginning. I have even warned you that a man’s foes may be those of his own household. Although this gospel of the kingdom never fails to bring great peace to the soul of the individual believer, it will not bring peace on earth until man is willing to believe my teaching wholeheartedly and to establish the practice of doing the Father’s will as the chief purpose in living the mortal life.

181:2.4 Once we called you and your brother sons of thunder. You started out with us strong-minded and intolerant, but you have changed much since you wanted me to call fire down upon the heads of ignorant and thoughtless unbelievers. And you must change yet more. You should become the apostle of the new commandment which I have this night given you. Dedicate your life to teaching your brethren how to love one another, even as I have loved you.”

181:2.26 And then Jesus went over to Thomas, who, standing up, heard him say: “Thomas, you have often lacked faith; however, when you have had your seasons with doubt, you have never lacked courage. I know well that the false prophets and spurious teachers will not deceive you. After I have gone, your brethren will the more appreciate your critical way of viewing new teachings. And when you all are scattered to the ends of the earth in the times to come, remember that you are still my ambassador. Dedicate your life to the great work of showing how the critical material mind of man can triumph over the inertia of intellectual doubting when faced by the demonstration of the manifestation of living truth as it operates in the experience of spirit-born men and women who yield the fruits of the spirit in their lives, and who love one another, even as I have loved you. Thomas, I am glad you joined us, and I know, after a short period of perplexity, you will go on in the service of the kingdom. Your doubts have perplexed your brethren, but they have never troubled me. I have confidence in you, and I will go before you even to the uttermost parts of the earth.”

181:2.30 But remember my promise: When I am raised up, I will tarry with you for a season before I go to the Father. And even this night will I make supplication to the Father that he strengthen each of you for that which you must now so soon pass through. I love you all with the love wherewith the Father loves me, and therefore should you henceforth love one another, even as I have loved you.”

182:1.6 And now, my Father, I would pray not only for these eleven men but also for all others who now believe, or who may hereafter believe the gospel of the kingdom through the word of their future ministry. I want them all to be one, even as you and I are one. You are in me and I am in you, and I desire that these believers likewise be in us; that both of our spirits indwell them. If my children are one as we are one, and if they love one another as I have loved them, all men will then believe that I came forth from you and be willing to receive the revelation of truth and glory which I have made. The glory which you gave me I have revealed to these believers. As you have lived with me in spirit, so have I lived with them in the flesh. As you have been one with me, so have I been one with them, and so will the new teacher ever be one with them and in them. And all this have I done that my brethren in the flesh may know that the Father loves them even as does the Son, and that you love them even as you love me. Father, work with me to save these believers that they may presently come to be with me in glory and then go on to join you in the Paradise embrace. Those who serve with me in humiliation, I would have with me in glory so that they may see all you have given into my hands as the eternal harvest of the seed sowing of time in the likeness of mortal flesh. I long to show my earthly brethren the glory I had with you before the founding of this world. This world knows very little of you, righteous Father, but I know you, and I have made you known to these believers, and they will make known your name to other generations. And now I promise them that you will be with them in the world even as you have been with me — even so.”

191:4.3 Peace be upon you. You all know that we have one Father in heaven, and that there is but one gospel of the kingdom — the good news of the gift of eternal life which men receive by faith. As you rejoice in your loyalty to the gospel, pray the Father of truth to shed abroad in your hearts a new and greater love for your brethren. You are to love all men as I have loved you; you are to serve all men as I have served you. With understanding sympathy and brotherly affection, fellowship all your brethren who are dedicated to the proclamation of the good news, whether they be Jew or gentile, Greek or Roman, Persian or Ethiopian. John proclaimed the kingdom in advance; you have preached the gospel in power; the Greeks already teach the good news; and I am soon to send forth the Spirit of Truth into the souls of all these, my brethren, who have so unselfishly dedicated their lives to the enlightenment of their fellows who sit in spiritual darkness. You are all the children of light; therefore stumble not into the misunderstanding entanglements of mortal suspicion and human intolerance. If you are ennobled, by the grace of faith, to love unbelievers, should you not also equally love those who are your fellow believers in the far-spreading household of faith? Remember, as you love one another, all men will know that you are my disciples.

191:6.2 Peace be upon you. That which my Father sent me into the world to establish belongs not to a race, a nation, nor to a special group of teachers or preachers. This gospel of the kingdom belongs to both Jew and gentile, to rich and poor, to free and bond, to male and female, even to the little children. And you are all to proclaim this gospel of love and truth by the lives which you live in the flesh. You shall love one another with a new and startling affection, even as I have loved you. You will serve mankind with a new and amazing devotion, even as I have served you. And when men see you so love them, and when they behold how fervently you serve them, they will perceive that you have become faith-fellows of the kingdom of heaven, and they will follow after the Spirit of Truth which they see in your lives, to the finding of eternal salvation.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Marriage is a human construct:
Quote:
33:3.6 ... the human institution of voluntary marriage.

82:2.1 The story of the evolution of marriage is simply the history of sex control through the pressure of social, religious, and civil restrictions.

83:1.1 Marriage is society’s mechanism designed to regulate and control those many human relations which arise out of the physical fact of bisexuality

83:6.3 ...the Christian error of regarding marriage as a sacrament.

83:8.1 Marriage which culminates in the home is indeed man’s most exalted institution, but it is essentially human; it should never have been called a sacrament.

83:8.4 It is also unfortunate that certain groups of mortals have conceived of marriage as being consummated by divine action. Such beliefs lead directly to the concept of the indissolubility of the marital state regardless of the circumstances or wishes of the contracting parties. But the very fact of marriage dissolution itself indicates that Deity is not a conjoining party to such unions. If God has once joined any two things or persons together, they will remain thus joined until such a time as the divine will decrees their separation. But, regarding marriage, which is a human institution, who shall presume to sit in judgment, to say which marriages are unions that might be approved by the universe supervisors in contrast with those which are purely human in nature and origin?

Because marriage is a human construct, it will continue to evolve. Paper 83 THE MARRIAGE INSTITUTION http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1330 is all about the origin and evolution of marriage. The one assurance we have is that the story is incomplete because biological, and cultural, evolution will continue.

The phrase: "68:2.9 The function of marriage in evolution is the insurance of race survival,..." is about how humans - using a human institution - insured survival.

Nevertheless, marriage is not fundamental to survival of the human species. We survived just fine before marriage was invented. (Well, "fine" might be an exaggeration. I don't like sharing :-) )

PostPosted:  

Great point Gremlin - I think the two distinct tangents of mortal race perpetuation and the progressive spiritualization of the mortal race are intended to intersect at the ideal family unit, probably a large extended tribal structure all interconnected and integrated into ever widening communities. So, if a planet is procreating efficiently and the mortals thereby become moralized and sparked by religious experience, the "marriage" ideal or practice of today and here will be unneeded or replaced by something far more workable and stable, no? I do not believe there is an inherent or spiritual need for procreation by every citizen (there are the probationary nurseries to look forward to...as parenting is required training....but then there are many parents who may be required to brush up their skills)....merely having children is not any reason for marriage as plenty of children prove it is not required to perpetuate the species and others how horrible an experience it can be for many. Marriage is not important....loving relationships are important. And through love and loyalty and experience together, two become greater than two, far greater. This is what's important and it is self regulating....procreation will persist regardless of affection or marriage either one....but it works far better when spiritized by deep and abiding love. Peace.

PostPosted:  

Just wondering if anyone considers there is a chance that this could apply to gay people:
Quote:
83:6.5 Always have the unfortunate few had to suffer that the majority might advance under the developing mores of evolving civilization; but always should the favored majority look with kindness and consideration on their less fortunate fellows who must pay the price of failure to attain membership in the ranks of those ideal sex partnerships which afford the satisfaction of all biologic urges under the sanction of the highest mores of advancing social evolution.

kiwi

PostPosted:  

kiwi2 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone considers there is a chance that this could apply to gay people:
Quote:
83:6.5 Always have the unfortunate few had to suffer that the majority might advance under the developing mores of evolving civilization; but always should the favored majority look with kindness and consideration on their less fortunate fellows who must pay the price of failure to attain membership in the ranks of those ideal sex partnerships which afford the satisfaction of all biologic urges under the sanction of the highest mores of advancing social evolution.

kiwi

I never looked at this pargraph as gays but now that you mention it, I think they could be included in this group. I do not believe that "gay sexual partnership" is intended as "ideal sex partnership" but that is one of those subjects that is, kind of like the eugenics topic. It is really a sensative topic, I would never want to offend anyone.... :?

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
I never looked at this pargraph as gays but now that you mention it, I think they could be included in this group. I do not believe that "gay sexual partnership" is intended as "ideal sex partnership" but that is one of those subjects that is, kind of like the eugenics topic. It is really a sensative topic, I would never want to offend anyone.... :?

Yeah some topics are tricky. A few decades ago, it was quite common for people to talk in generalisations about colours of people, their traits, biologic superiority/inferiority, homosexuality/heterosexuality, etc. Now it is politically incorrect, and rightly so, because of the horrible actions and wars that have come out of the extremities of that kind of thinking. But I think that the current political climate is a pendulum swing, and one day it will become possible for these issues to be discussed in more objective and nonpolitical terms. We'll all have to take ourselves less seriously to do that though. We all have some genes and traits that wouldn't exist in an ideal world.

kiwi

PostPosted:  

I think it is funny how Anti-gay persons seem to think that alowing Gay persons to just be, is giving the world it's extinction papers.lol

There has always been persons born with altered chemistry. it is no difference than some one being born an extra fingure or no arms or any other chance of birth that happens on this planet. It just happens, this life is full of challenges, and we live with them and grow because of them.

There will alway be person born heterosexual thus keeping the world procreating. So learn to Love , Be God like and see past the issue and descover the results that come from growth in facing life on lifes terms, not fighting every thing you don't understand.

This life is the testing ground for our spirits, ...are you a better Spiritual person for looking at issue to fight about or looking for reasons to grow and love?

When i see two persons in love i see God, it matters not if they are the same sex.

PostPosted:  

Rock on JBarry! Good to see you back!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next