Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Greetings mortal ascenders,

Presently, male or female, we are all Father finders. If I suggested a sexual identity for each of us, spiritually, wouldn't we all be female recipients of a Father's impregnation by a fragment of Himself? (that is if we believed God was male). Isn't sexual identity limited to planetary use for the production of sexually differentiated mortal offspring, future spiritual children ascenders? I have read, "that in Christ we are neither male nor female". Isn't that because we are new spiritual creatures as faith sons of God?

The Father idea does not relate to the maleness of a mortal man; nor does it imply any hierarchy in a relationship between a male and a female. The Father idea indicates the production of children born of flesh, and, then born of the spirit as ascenders. The advantages of sex associations are childbearing here, and, childrearing here and in the future worlds of our progression. I estimate these experiences teach us about our Father's love and aide us in finding our Fathers in successive ascensions. Some of the parenting lessons I have missed in my current planetary training, I expect I will be learning in the mansion world nursery, or, perhaps as a childcare provider for the children of Material Parents under their tutoring.

One person noted that even as Finaliters we retain something of our mortal sex identification. I will have an experiential recollection of birthing mortal children different from those who fathered them. Others may not have experienced birthing or fathering mortal children. And yet, while these planetary life's experiences are different, will not all ascenders learn similar childrearing/uplifting lessons to aide their fellow ascenders with, and by, their Father's love during their training and progressions?

I believe the Urantia Book addresses personal religion, in that God desires that His children come to Him (and multitudes of future children). When I consider the disagreements of my fellow ascenders I think of children, toddlers "kicking and screaming at the other kids". I remember we are all so young, and have begun the same journey, and some keep asking, "Are we there yet"? And we all have so far to go!

Have a good day

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I think the issue is that we have a personality and an identity. IMO that personality is not sexed. Its not male or female. Yet we have this identity that is male/female. IMO personality can engage either male or females, because it is not either. There are some quotes in the u.b that mention that we do retain some of that "maleness" or "femaleness".

IMO we are all "Sons" in the sene that we are all the non-sex personalities, yet we have this sexed identity that we seem to retain somewhat forever.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Hello, I was hunting through TUB and I can't find the page that I saw it, but I do recall that it was mentioned about......"it is also possible for two people of the same sex to form a bond" or words to that effect. So yes, TUB acknowledges people can be gay. Nothing negative was mentioned.

PostPosted:  

Hi hex,

I think you're looking for this one:

Quote:
(160:2.4) Symbolic communication between human beings predetermines the bringing into existence of social groups. The most effective of all social groups is the family, more particularly the two parents. Personal affection is the spiritual bond which holds together these material associations. Such an effective relationship is also possible between two persons of the same sex, as is so abundantly illustrated in the devotions of genuine friendships.

I think this can be interpreted to mean that the two parents can be an effective relationship between 2 people of the same sex

And the relationship glue is a spiritual bond of personal affection

This is called a social group, a family...I think it's great that a family can created by same-sex couples. As long as love is the motivator, any two people should be congratulated for wanting that and making it happen. It is hard work!

There are good reasons that man/woman relationships comprise the vast majority of families - after all, the race must be replenished, and men and women are created to be the ideal complementary partners in child-rearing and home-building for the sake of producing sturdy, balanced adults - but, love really has no gender...if a child feels loved by their family, they will be happy, and any shortcomings can be overcome when we're happy. Many heterosexual couples' families are not perfect either...

MaryJo