Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:41 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted:  

YSMAEL wrote:
So Tonyma, what is your belief about homosexuality? Is it a sin or not?

{ Admin: The above is an example of bad question. Tony Ma's opinion about homosexuality is no more relevant to this forum than is Tony Ma's opinion about Ford automobiles. The correct way to ask this question is:
"So Tony Ma, what do you think The Urantia Book says about homosexuality? Does The Urantia Book say that it a sin or not?" }

I have expressed myself very clearly: Partial loyalty, divided loyalty, dying loyalty and death of loyalty are all deliberate disloyalty. Is homosexuality is an indecision? a confliction?, an indifference, or a devotion to godless ideas?

If homosexuality is none of above, it is not a sin. You have to make decision on it after prayer and worship. Whatever I say should not matter to you.

If you insist: it is a confliction with Adam & Eve Pairing, which is a Deity Ideal.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Quote:
103:2.3 The evolutionary soil in the mind of man in which the seed of revealed religion germinates is the moral nature that so early gives origin to a social consciousness. The first promptings of a child's moral nature have not to do with sex, guilt, or personal pride, but rather with impulses of justice, fairness, and urges to kindness —helpful ministry to one's fellows. And when such early moral awakenings are nurtured, there occurs a gradual development of the religious life which is comparatively free from conflicts, upheavals, and crises.

Quote:
160:2.4 Symbolic communication between human beings predetermines the bringing into existence of social groups. The most effective of all social groups is the family, more particularly the two parents. Personal affection is the spiritual bond which holds together these material associations. Such an effective relationship is also possible between two persons of the same sex, as is so abundantly illustrated in the devotions of genuine friendships.

I have enough on my plate in walking my own path. Stepping into another's and trying to rearrange their particular strivings is not only none of my business, but it hinders my own development. That is...unless it helps me to pause and reconsider my stance/perception/attitude.

We come into a world of confusion and chaos so if one can find friendship, kindness and understanding support from another then I see no harm, and certainly no "sin". That little 3 letter word has caused more damage than any other word in our language.

Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! Yeah so I can see what you are saying about how men and women are made for eachother for procreation and I totaly know that it is ideal for this pairing when it comes to child rearing. I do agree this is obviously ideal. I do however want to biologically have a child but with that comes a set of new issues. Then I wonder what happens to children born to single mothers or have no parents?I am thinking that as long as a child has loving parents that teach the child about god and give that child the best upbringing as possible everything will work out. I for some reason feel like I read somewhere in TUB that sometimes when people are born different (not specifically gay) it is for a reason because if everyone was born the same then how would we learn tolerance? I could be totally off (lol until I came to this website I thought I had such a grip on the book but some of you out there are waaaaay advanced which is good because I came here to get insight from you guys). I never felt what I was doing was wrong in my heart, I do know that it is not the ideal but every now and again its nice to get some reassurance. This is new territory for me because in a spiritual setting I feel like I've never been able to be open. There are many who believe that gays are automatically thrown away in the eyes of god and that there is no place for them in church which I never understood. Especially since Jesus loved everyone. Its funny the friend of mine that introduced TUB to me has this friend who is a lesbian and she went to her pastor concerned about being gay and the pastor wrote the word urantia on a piece of paper and told her to read it... He and I thought that was really neat.... I wonder how many other priests and pators ect.. read this and keep it to themselves???

PostPosted:  

Quote:
5:1.6 If mortal man is wholeheartedly spiritually motivated, unreservedly consecrated to the doing of the Father's will, then, since he is so certainly and so effectively spiritually endowed by the indwelling and divine Adjuster, there cannot fail to materialize in that individual's experience the sublime consciousness of knowing God and the supernal assurance of surviving for the purpose of finding God by the progressive experience of becoming more and more like him.

In other words...try not get thrown off track by what others say, it really is about your own motivation and your own ideals/strivings. I realize that you must get bombarded from all sides with opinions and condemnation....but all we can do is live the best that we can. The more we live, the more we experience, the more we evolve and progress...like that pastor!

Jo

(apologies for the male terminology in the quote)
(apologies to Larry for my need to apologize) :wink:

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Jo --
Yes, you're forgiven for your apology -- forgive me for feeling the need to forgive you.

Hi Nicki Jane --
You said "There are many who believe that gays are automatically thrown away in the eyes of god and that there is no place for them in church which I never understood." The reason the religions of authority take that stand is that for them the Bible is the inerrant word of God and according to verses in the Old Testament God wants homosexuals destroyed. These would be concepts left over from long, long ago tribal superstitions and beliefs, which the Bible now contains.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

jak wrote:
We will not have the physical body on the morontia level so therefore procreation will not be possible. But I do see

As far as missing out on the physical act of sex is concerned, that is also addressed but haven't found it yet. Just as being a parent has little to do with the physical act of giving birth, the experiences of being intimate with another has little to do with the sexual act. As mentioned by Maryjo, it has more to do with all the issues of love, trust and intimacy (to name just a few) that develop within the people involved.

Sorry boomshuka...no physical bodies mean no physical sex act or birth. :wink:

Jo

There is definitely a part in the book where it say's you will have some form of sexual relations if you didnt get much in this life I just cannot find it right now lol. I have had a few long discussion's with u.b reader's about this quote so I should be able to find it. Also the first 2 mansion worlds our body's are much physical. Even on Jeresum material son and daughter's are sex creature's who procreate. Eve is also very much female and Adam very much a male.

"Biological deficiencies were largely made up on the first mansion world. There defects in planetary experiences pertaining to SEX life, family association, and parental function were either corrected or were projected for future rectification among the Material Son families on Jerusem"

This is not the quote about how we do have sex though I just don't have the time to find it but I know its in there.

But even looking at that quote, they are saying that our sex life is going to be corrected by the material son's, and material son's know how to party lol. I just gota find the quote where they actually say we are going to have sex with them lol.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Last edited by boomshuka on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

{ deleted by admin: Stop baiting Tony Ma. }

I'm sorry to admin if my questions were not written as you supposed they should. I'll be more careful next time.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Hi Jo --
Yes, you're forgiven for your apology -- forgive me for feeling the need to forgive you.

Then all is well :P

And Boomshuka...please find that quote, or anyone else who knows where it is. We have some pretty twisted ideas about sex so I can see the need for some adjustments. But our bodies will not be physical, maybe not anywhere near pure spirit but we will not have the physical gender organs. And although our sexual instincts may very well result in a physical act, it all begins in our minds...and that, along with so many other areas of convoluted thinking, will be where the work is involved.

At least that's what I have been led to believe...dunno for sure anymore. I'm home now and may have the time to search on my own.

Peace
Jo

PostPosted:  

{ deleted by admin: Please stop responding to people who bait you. }

PostPosted:  

{ deleted by admin: Stop attacking fellow readers. Read the forum rules, seriously. }

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
... But even looking at that quote, they are saying that our sex life is going to be corrected by the material son's, and material son's know how to party lol. I just gota find the quote where they actually say we are going to have sex with them lol.
Is this the quote you’re looking for Boomshuka? :)
Quote:
45.6.3 On the seven mansion worlds ascending mortals are afforded ample opportunities for compensating any and all experiential deprivations suffered on their worlds of origin, whether due to inheritance, environment, or unfortunate premature termination of the career in the flesh. This is in every sense true except in the mortal sex life and its attendant adjustments. Thousands of mortals reach the mansion worlds without having benefited particularly from the disciplines derived from fairly average sex relations on their native spheres. The mansion world experience can provide little opportunity for compensating these very personal deprivations. sex experience in a physical sense is past for these ascenders, but in close association with the Material Sons and Daughters, both individually and as members of their families, these sex-deficient mortals are enabled to compensate the social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of their deficiency. Thus are all those humans whom circumstances or bad judgment deprived of the benefits of advantageous sex association on the evolutionary worlds, here on the system capitals afforded full opportunity to acquire these essential mortal experiences in close and loving association with the supernal Adamic sex creatures of permanent residence on the system capitals.

And just to be sure (and as already quoted by Jo); TUB explicitely states that "effective parents can be two persons of the same sex":
Quote:
160:2.4 Symbolic communication between human beings predetermines the bringing into existence of social groups. The most effective of all social groups is the family, more particularly the two parents. Personal affection is the spiritual bond which holds together these material associations. Such an effective relationship is also possible between two persons of the same sex, as is so abundantly illustrated in the devotions of genuine friendships.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Perhaps in the next life you get you will be attracted to the opposite sex. I know that is a strange thing to say and I may sound judgmental but the comments in the Urantia Book about how everyone has to have their own child at some point and how everyone has to have sexual intercouse at some point makes me beleive that ultimitely you will be attracted to the opposite sex in the next life and that eventually you will enjoy sex with a male

No so, only the experience of rearing children is a must.

Quote:
P.531 - §4 No ascending mortal can escape the experience of rearing children--their own or others--either on the material worlds or subsequently on the finaliter world or on Jerusem. Fathers must pass through this essential experience just as certainly as mothers. It is an unfortunate and mistaken notion of modern peoples on Urantia that child culture is largely the task of mothers. Children need fathers as well as mothers, and fathers need this parental experience as much as do mothers.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Quote:
45.6.3 On the seven mansion worlds ascending mortals are afforded ample opportunities for compensating any and all experiential deprivations suffered on their worlds of origin, whether due to inheritance, environment, or unfortunate premature termination of the career in the flesh. This is in every sense true except in the mortal sex life and its attendant adjustments. Thousands of mortals reach the mansion worlds without having benefited particularly from the disciplines derived from fairly average sex relations on their native spheres. The mansion world experience can provide little opportunity for compensating these very personal deprivations. Sex experience in a physical sense is past for these ascenders, but in close association with the Material Sons and Daughters, both individually and as members of their families, these sex-deficient mortals are enabled to compensate the social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of their deficiency. Thus are all those humans whom circumstances or bad judgment deprived of the benefits of advantageous sex association on the evolutionary worlds, here on the system capitals afforded full opportunity to acquire these essential mortal experiences in close and loving association with the supernal Adamic sex creatures of permanent residence on the system capitals.

Thanks, Bart.

There is also:
Quote:
47:4.6 Though you have morontia bodies, you continue, through all seven of these worlds, to eat, drink, and rest. You partake of the morontia order of food, a kingdom of living energy unknown on the material worlds. Both food and water are fully utilized in the morontia body; there is no residual waste. Pause to consider: Mansonia number one is a very material sphere, presenting the early beginnings of the morontia regime. You are still a near human and not far removed from the limited viewpoints of mortal life, but each world discloses definite progress. From sphere to sphere you grow less material, more intellectual, and slightly more spiritual. The spiritual progress is greatest on the last three of these seven progressive worlds.

47:4.7 Biological deficiencies were largely made up on the first mansion world. There defects in planetary experiences pertaining to sex life, family association, and parental function were either corrected or were projected for future rectification among the Material Son families on Jerusem.

I find nothing that indicates sexual activity but much that will amaze us...and keep us quite busily intrigued.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Boomshuka,

"There is definitely a part in the book where it say's you will have some form of sexual relations if you didnt get much in this life I just cannot find it right now lol." You can't find it because you've read it somewhere other than in TUB. This is not a UB concept.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Yea bart and jack that is the quote~!!You are a life safer haha I love this quote . Perhaps we don't have sex in the way we think of it, but we are doing something intimite with the adamic sex creatures.....lol I guess you can use your imagination to think of what.....but I am guessing ya'll arent going to be playing scrabble haha. I didn't remember the quote exaclty as I shared it originally, but you know I am human I dont have the U.B book memorized.

Maybe it's just like in avatar where you link tails and "sync" up hahahahaha. I just had to say that.

"Thus are all those humans whom circumstances or bad judgment deprived of the benefits of advantageous sex association on the evolutionary worlds, here on the system capitals afforded full opportunity to acquire these essential mortal experiences in close and loving association with the supernal Adamic sex creatures of permanent residence on the system capitals."

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Last edited by boomshuka on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 pm +0000, edited 7 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next