going out on a limb here - page 45 | Urantia Book Forum |

Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:11 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

John P... You rock! (Ive been reading some of your other posts too) Thats kind of the vibe i got too i was hoping that i was not trying to bend the book into my own wants. i kind of got the jist that the best conditions are man and woman together obviously... but it never said that if it was man man or woman woman that that wouldnt be accepted. I think though that there will be challenges probably stemming from society but then again if that wasn't a challenge i am sure something else would be LOL. I have so appreciated everyone's comments on this subject you have all made me feel accepted.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

You Rock Too Nicki 8)

OUR Father Loves and Accepts ALL His Children in his embrace
With his virus of Love , in turn we too can reflect that Love
in reflectivity of His Love to ALL Our Brothers and sisters also indwelt with a very fragment of himself within us .
Albeit , Our Father IS Also NO Respecter of Persons , per say
Because I Think , { HE/SHE and their Son Dont want our egos to implode lol}

NAMASTE 8)
http://www.exoticindiaart.com/article/namaste/

Last edited by coop on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:32 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

J. Barry -- "Homosexuality is a common accurance on most planets,..." I doubt that that is true -- most planets that have evolved to having an Adam and Eve, assuming that homosexuality is a genetic trait, would most likely have had that trait removed. If they've not evolved to the point of having an Adam and Eve then quite likely homosexuality is treated there as it is here in tribal societies.

John P. -- a natural aversion to homosexuality is not homophobia. I too grew up in the 1950s and can't recall homosexuality even being a topic for discussion. As far as I can recall, it didn't really become a social issue until homosexual activists made it an issue in the following decades. There always have been those insecure bullies who make trouble for anyone that's different from them and homosexuals are often singled out, as have been other portions of society. And yes, The Urantia Book does say that man is bisexual by nature -- that means that humankind consists of two sexes, male and female. This was written in the 1930s and historical context makes a difference. "I have also found that children raised by gay parents are often times more lovingly fostered than those in traditional families." I see that as a dilema. In many cases it might be better to be raised in a loving environment without either a father or a mother although that's not ideal. A nourishing upbringing requires the influence of both a loving father and mother and to deprive a child of either is unfortunate. The question becomes which is more desirable, an unbalanced but loving environment or growing up having no real parents.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Yea I don't think there is really any information about homosexuality in TUB. IMO.

I guess though we can make educated guesse's...I dont see the harm in that as long as we aren't a-holes about it hahah.

My guess is that homesexuality is more of a genetic thing that would have been corrected by adam and eve, but I could be wrong. I think homophobia is rampant in our culture especially toward's male couple's.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

'The God in me greets the God in you
The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you'

PostPosted:  

84.7.28 Marriage, with children and consequent family life, is stimulative of the highest potentials in human nature and simultaneously provides the ideal avenue for the expression of these quickened attributes of mortal personality. The family provides for the biologic perpetuation of the human species. The home is the natural social arena wherein the ethics of blood brotherhood may be grasped by the growing children. The family is the fundamental unit of fraternity in which parents and children learn those lessons of patience, altruism, tolerance, and forbearance which are so essential to the realization of brotherhood among all men.

84.7.30 family life is the progenitor of true morality, the ancestor of the consciousness of loyalty to duty. The enforced associations of family life stabilize personality and stimulate its growth through the compulsion of necessitous adjustment to other and diverse personalities. But even more, a true family — a good family — reveals to the parental procreators the attitude of the Creator to his children, while at the same time such true parents portray to their children the first of a long series of ascending disclosures of the love of the Paradise parent of all universe children.

99.4.2 Social leadership is transformed by spiritual insight; religion prevents all collective movements from losing sight of their true objectives. Together with children, religion is the great unifier of family life, provided it is a living and growing faith. family life cannot be had without children; it can be lived without religion, but such a handicap enormously multiplies the difficulties of this intimate human association. During the early decades of the twentieth century, family life, next to personal religious experience, suffers most from the decadence consequent upon the transition from old religious loyalties to the emerging new meanings and values.

160.2.4 Symbolic communication between human beings predetermines the bringing into existence of social groups. The most effective of all social groups is the family, more particularly the two parents. Personal affection is the spiritual bond which holds together these material associations. Such an effective relationship is also possible between two persons of the same sex, as is so abundantly illustrated in the devotions of genuine friendships.

I like these quotes becasue I think that the focus of femaleness or maleness has not much to do with raising a well balanced human being as much as a loving stable faithfull family unit that reveals the father to thier children, teaches character, morals and maturity, kindness, compassion, strength and dicipline. I beleive that the most important lesson i learned growing up was to treat others the way i would in turn like to be treated regarless of their gender, race, religion, social status....or anything.
Gender is arbitrary. We all are humans. We all have very varying degrees of these male or female traits in spite of gender. I also think that sometimes its misunderstood that gay people can give birth... that is a biological parent. I never planned on adopting. I do totally agree obviously that the ideal is a man and woman pairing, however i doubt that lacking one of these is robbing someone of becoming the best they can be because even though i came from a household with a mom and a dad i do not think that it would have been any different or i would have turned out any different if i had had two mommies or two daddies... the teachings would have been the same. I was born gay, therefore i think it would stand to reason in this lifetime i should also experience the family life for myself just like everyone else.The family unit should be based on love not sex. To understand the parent child relationship that we have with God can only be understood when one has a child of thier own. I think importance should be placed on the value of parenting whether it be male or female. A child can get male or female role models outside of the family unit. I think theres a whole lot more to shaping a human being than biology.

PostPosted:  

Nikki You are a good person who seek's after God, you deserve the best. There are many people out ther who cannot look after their own baby and give it up for adoption. There are plenty of oppurtunity's for you and you're partner to look after these children and I think you should :). You can lead these children to god because you are a good person and you have the U.B book you will be a great role model and you should not feel guilty because of who you are :). truthfully the U.B book does not give me insight into homesexuality truly I don't underastand it in relation to the U.B but I know you are a normal and good human being who love's god therefor you are far better equiped than most parents :). Many parents do not believe in God and care nothing for theier kids....I can tell by your enthusiasm that you love children and therefor you will make a great parent :).

I admire you're courage to share such personal thing's with us nikki, honestly I share nothing personal with anyone on this forum so I really admire that :).

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Thank you so much Boom. That is so incredibly nice to say!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:  

Well you are brave to trust strangers with your true desires...... :).... I don't..lol

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

tub doesn't talk about it, neither did jesus. body parts are just that, they pass away, eternally we are all finaliters. it just comes down to opinion, there's nothing in tub about this, and i think, ideally, sex is for having children.

Nicki Jane wrote:
Ok soooo id like some imput and hopefully I will receive friendly imput (please :biggrin:) After reading the marriage and family life of the urantia book I was quite surprised that it did not mention homosexuality at all except to say that ideal conditions for child rearing is a man and a woman co parenting together. Now I am wondering.... does that mean homosexuality is a non issue as far as being a sin... or is it such a sin that it isn't even included in the book as a possible way to live your life?? Does that mean gay people should not reproduce? As far as myself goes I feel as though I was born this way and sometimes I struggle with worrying I am wrong like the bible thumpers say... but then I go back to the fact that I can't change who and what I am and why is it wrong to love another human being even if it is the same sex....how do I reconsile these feelings?