Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Authority over woman
PostPosted:  

Gerdean I agree that the place where we see the most males claiming to be authoratative over women would be in religion. I think in religous circles etleast in christianity where women are treated less stem's from people believing that God the Father is is any way or sort associated with males. I find it tragic that jesus teaching's are adultered so much to associate God our Father in any way with males. Clearly if anyone read's the Urantia Book they will see why Jesus uses the word father, and see how it has nothing to do with god having any human or man like traight.

Unfortunetely I think only The Urantia Book will clear this problem up and there is not alot anyone can do about it, but here's to hoping people change this on their own.

I have seen in prevous post's on this website males talking alot about the feminine aspect's of Deity etc to try and point out how they are not sexist lol, but I dont think we have to even go there because God the Father is in nooooooo way like a male or female lol. It's a no-brainer that females can experience the fullness of Adjuster-likeness, god-likeness just as much as males. It is fustrating as heck though.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I didn't realize how indoctrinated I myself was on this issue until I had a very poignant and personal religious experience regarding my mom. I had some deep forgiving to do for some of the really damaging dumb things she had done or neglected to do as a mother while I was growing up; this affected my character and many life decisions that subsequently proved to be fatal to my self-esteem and my aspirations for just about anything worth striving for. I had found it necessary to forgive her so I and we could move on. In this process I was made to see that mom and I had both been victims. She was even more ignorant than I was, for I, at least, had found the UB and developed a relationship with a personal God. I had a belief system. But she was still disillusioned about everything because of what she had been taught by her parents and she believed in nothing! she trusted no one!

Anyway, in the process of forgiving her, I saw that she had been unable to do for me what I needed her to do because she didn't know any better. It was then that "mother spirit" enveloped me in Her arms and comforted me. She told me to lean on her, that she would be my Mother; in fact, she WAS my Mother, and the the Mother of my mother as well. I was washed in the sea of her loving arms and suddenly I was able to love my mom, too, as a sister, as a sibling who had done some really dumb things because she didn't know any better.

This is not a father thing, a dad thing. There is a difference between God the Father and God the Mother. Having a relationship with the Divine Minister, with Universal Mind, gives me a different approach to Deity than I have had in my reelationship with the Universal Father, or with the Creator Son. Mother lives in our cells, in our organs, through our adjutant mind spirits. She knows about women doing what we have done for centuries to survive. We have sold ourselves short, we have compromised our integrity and our virtue. We have sacrificed our own needs for the good of the family, the children, the spouse ... society. We have even sacrificed our children, when it was for their good. And it is inbred into us to be submissive, subservient, obedient, to let the husband wear the pants and rule the roost.

I know. Many men have told me it was the opposite in their family. Their mothers ruled the roost. Or their family was well-balanced and each knew their place so there was no problem like that in their home. And I tell you it is inherent in Christianity. Even if you are not a Christian, this nation upholds Pauline Christianity which says a woman must obey the man, she was derived from his rib, and it's better to be celebate than to lay with one.

Furthermore, when women try to utilize the spirit of intuition (which is what women are good at, as compared to men being more cerebral, more reasoning), they are resoundingly ignored, or hated and feared, or treated as if they were hysterics or witches. And men don't even know they are doing it! And it's been going on for so long, most women don't even know it either. So you see this problem is epidemic, endemic and systemic. We must be relentless to pull it out by the roots. It is insidious. Education and enlightenment are our only hope.

PostPosted:  

I agree "G", i have seen in my past how i my self was conditioned to think of women as less than, and it took me hitting a head wall in my life experience to challenge me to re-think every thing in my life.

For the last 25 years of my life i have stood up for woman's right and helped young ppl see the difference. it is hard though, even young women don't see it until they are much older and by then much damage has been dune.

Self-esteem is one of the primary issue in drug addiction as well as Alcohol addiction.

How can some one have a healthy view of them-selves if all the social cues tell them they are not equal to the other half of society?

Last edited by J. Barry on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Yea see you said it wasnt a "dad" thing. I think that is just it, we associate the father with earthly dad's and I think that god the father is nothing like earthly dad's in my opinion. I think God the father, is capable of handling anything and everything both equally with man and women. I mean I believe we are both equally son's of the father, and jesus' gospel about the fatherhood of god apply's equally to men and women.

I think the reason that they use the word father, is because our love for god as a parent come's about slowly, and we are first led to look for him because of his power and then slowly we love him as we grow up. I know there is a part in the Urantia book where they clearly define why they use the word father I just cannot find it right now unfortunetely. But yea mother god we definitely can feel her love threw the adjutant's, however I fall short of worshiping her only because I know the father will provide me with everything I need.

I just wish I could find that dang quote about why they use the word father lol. I know though for sure there is nothing human about the father, and we are not made in his image.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

From memory , it said that the Father concept was the highest concept we humans had so far...
Being that that concept was of a Father in it's highest possible expression, of absolute Understanding, Endless Forgiveness, and patients with Love unlimited.

But if you read the book through and through you will find it is only a concept because GOD is neither Male or Female, but for us humans we seem to need to identify every thing in concept we can relate to here on this planetary experience.

And seeing God as a Mother is as awesome as any concept any one can have.

And the Book does speak of the Mother spirit, so it is not a stretch to find solace in her.

PostPosted:  

Maybe we would make some progress if we DID worship the Mother Spirit once in awhile and lose ourself in Her embrace. Men would stop fearing women (or belittling them) if they could feel Her divine affection.

Quote:
Glorious Father and Mother, in one parent combined,
Loyal would we be to your divine nature.
Your own self to live again in and through us
By the gift and bestowal of your divine spirit,
Thus reproducing you imperfectly in this sphere
As you are perfectly and majestically shown on high.
Give us day by day your sweet ministry of brotherhood
And lead us moment by moment in the pathway of loving service.
Be you ever and unfailingly patient with us
Even as we show forth your patience to our children.
Give us the divine wisdom that does all things well
And the infinite love that is gracious to every creature.
Bestow upon us your patience and loving-kindness
That our charity may enfold the weak of the realm.
And when our career is finished, make it an honor to your name,
A pleasure to your good spirit, and a satisfaction to our soul helpers.
Not as we wish, our loving Father, but as you desire the eternal good of your mortal children, Even so may it be. 144.5.6

I think it has to do with having the perceptions of a creature of sex origin. I cannot conceive of suckling at the Father's breast, but I can and do suckle and babble and sometimes snivel and whimper in Mother's arms; but when seated on Father's lap, I tend to look for guidance, instruction and counsel along with His affection. Equal but different.

PostPosted:  

J. Barry wrote:
From memory , it said that the Father concept was the highest concept we humans had so far...
Being that that concept was of a Father in it's highest possible expression, of absolute Understanding, Endless Forgiveness, and patients with Love unlimited.

But if you read the book through and through you will find it is only a concept because GOD is neither Male or Female, but for us humans we seem to need to identify every thing in concept we can relate to here on this planetary experience.

And seeing God as a Mother is as awesome as any concept any one can have.

And the Book does speak of the Mother spirit, so it is not a stretch to find solace in her.

"I think it has to do with having the perceptions of a creature of sex origin. I cannot conceive of suckling at the Father's breast, but I can and do suckle and babble and sometimes snivel and whimper in Mother's arms; but when seated on Father's lap, I tend to look for guidance, instruction and counsel along with His affection. Equal but different."

Yea, God our father has the power of unlimited expression so I don't think there is any type of affection he is not capable of giving or recieving, I am sure the father would love if you suckle on him as well, and I would bet my bottom dollar he will give you any and all form's of love that exist in the cosmo's. A blanketing love or a direct love or all and the above. I agree Father is just a word concept we use as a symbol, but just like the symbol love we have no idea what we are REALLY talking about lol.

Still though when jesus say's we are all son's of the father, I take that quote literlaly and I feel that Jesus intended that as a literal message of truth. I think that is one of the challenges of modern day religionist's is to know that both men and women are son's of the father. I remember a concept that described men providing the -base- or -bass- and women providing the -treble- I forget where I heard that metaphor but I kinda liked it, because It felt symbolic of an equal relationship where the male provide's one perspective of the father and women provide another perspective of the father and in companionship they produce a complete harmonic perspective of the father.

I am glad you had those lines about what the Urantia book say's about the Father barry. I am reminded on page 1602 on the very last paragraph of the page when Nicodemus walks away bewildered by jesus concept of a heavenly father, and he goes on to lay claim to the kingdom of heaven but is unable to submit his will to the will of the father like a child would to his earthly parent, I think that the father concept is a bit tricky, and even the most educated and morale of men struggle with it as Nicodemus may have.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

The essence has shown that there is no personal religious experience; therefore, one can only fools around with superficial intellectual concepts.

PostPosted:  

I had one of those "ah ha" moments last evening. Earlier in the day I had stopped by my vet's office to make arrangements for my dog's surgery that's coming up in a couple of weeks. Needed the total cost but they were short handed and fairly busy so asked them to give me a call later with the info. Several hours later I received a call from their office and a young female voice said, "Mrs ....., your husband wanted a call back with the total bill for Eddie". Before I had a chance to speak she said, in a rather embarrassed voice..."Uh, maybe it was you that wanted this information"? I didn't bother to correct her on my "married" status...that's a whole nuther can of worms. It was just neat to hear the mental "click" in her mind.

Like I said previously, it is generational and there will be windows of opportunities that open up. Little tiny baby steps....
Bless her heart...she made my day!

Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
P.1185 - §4 Although we do not definitely know, we firmly believe that all Thought Adjusters are volunteers. But before ever they volunteer, they are in possession of full data respecting the candidate for indwelling. The seraphic drafts of ancestry and projected patterns of life conduct are transmitted via Paradise

If you only know that these drafts have no sex distinction, and they are the raw materials for our souls. They are interchangeable between male and female depend on brain potentials.

PostPosted:  

Dang it, Tony...we know this. That is not the point of this discussion. You want a different discussion topic? Then start one. Otherwise I can only assume that you're deliberately being obtuse. For some unknown reason you continue to post but your posts are not relevant to this topic. If you need further clarification...please feel free to ask.

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

jak wrote:
Dang it, Tony...we know this. That is not the point of this discussion. You want a different discussion topic? Then start one. Otherwise I can only assume that you're deliberately being obtuse. For some unknown reason you continue to post but your posts are not relevant to this topic. If you need further clarification...please feel free to ask.

I know exactly what you are doing. You try to avoid the essence and insist on playing with the forms.

PostPosted:  

TonyMa wrote:
jak wrote:

I know exactly what you are doing. You try to avoid the essence and insist on playing with the forms.

And you're essence is approaching the superhuman? So you are approaching adjuster like essense?

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Tony...it appears that you've got this play thing down pat, and since your ego is far superior to mine...I'll bow out. Maybe sometime in the future you can learn how to participate in life instead of dominate.

PostPosted:  

P.37 - §3 In any universe contest between actual levels of reality, the personality of the higher level will ultimately triumph over the personality of the lower level. This inevitable outcome of universe controversy is inherent in the fact that divinity of quality equals the degree of reality or actuality of any will creature. Undiluted evil, complete error, willful sin, and unmitigated iniquity are inherently and automatically suicidal. Such attitudes of cosmic unreality can survive in the universe only because of transient mercy-tolerance pending the action of the justice-determining and fairness-finding mechanisms of the universe tribunals of righteous adjudication.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next