Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Authority over woman
PostPosted:  

Happy Birthday, Tony.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

TonyMa wrote:
You are not guilty of anything when you do not know God's Will. If you really want know what guilty is in value sense, try to become super conscious. Human emotion associated with errors, mistakes, evil, sin, inequity and etc. are over blown by many ignorant religious teachers. Your craving for survival has already earned your a ticket to the mansion worlds.

Yes you are right, I do crave survival but I have to make dang sure my soul craves for survival and craves to do god's will or I will eventually be in a hazerdous situation. But yea it is good that I am a material being so there is only a limited amount of damage that can be done.

And according to jesus we do have souls, and we don't need to become super conscious to love our fellow man and to do the father's will. Our soul's desiring to do the will of the father is living in the kingdom because it is becoming an established experience within you. "let my will be your will father". Jesus spoke to his apostle's freely as all men possessing the key's to the kingdom of heaven and being able to ascend threw doing the father's will, this gospel is not meant for superhuman's who posses super consciousness alone, it is meant for all ordinary human beings.

"Jesus spread good cheer everywhere he went. He was full of grace and truth. His associates never ceased to wonder at the gracious words that proceeded out of his mouth. You can cultivate gracefulness, but graciousness is the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul."

A mind that achieve's a superhuman state is nice but it has nothing to do with religion. Today's religion's that resemble buddha's teaching's are all focussed on an expansion of consciousness and none of these follower's show any of the essential fruit's of the spirit.

Religion's are known by their prayer's and "jesus transcended all the teaching's of his forebears when he boldy subsituted clean hearts for clean hands as the mark of true religion".

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Thank you Gerdean. It is the day of Jesus' baptism. I won one of the lotteries of Urantia Papers readers. Maybe, anther reader's birth day is the same as Jesus'.

Last edited by TonyMa on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:54 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Let's go this way, each Urantia Papers believer must been impressed by them deeply. These moments of being impressed deeply are moments of super-consciousness. When you accumulate enough these moments, you become super conscious. Yes, I agree with you that you are doing God's Will in those super conscious moments. But how many those super-conscious moments (or your personal religious experiences) you can recall? It is during these super-conscious moments that your worries are gone, your questions are truly answered and you are deeply worshipful.

The truth is still that if your super-consciousness is very sporadic, many truths are not available to you even though they are plainly given in the Urantia Papers. Mortal intellect can not coup with spirit values. You will experience the difference when read the Urantia Papers before and after. Many people spent years and years to try to understand the revelation intellectually, not realizing cultivating super-conscious is the key to comprehend the values in FER.

Making sane and well balanced effort to contact with the Adjuster, to strive to know the Father the very best that one possibly can is the great challenge every reader should take on.

PostPosted:  

I've been tracking this thread for some time now. But I've been getting irked by the fact that I will get a notification that somebody has said something on the topic of Authority over Women, and yet when I come into the site to read it, it is not about Authority over Women at all. So, being curious, I just went to the first post to see who started it, and I started it. So I am going to finish it. At least in my mind, this subject is closed. I'm not going to come here any more looking for discussion on what was the initial topic as it has long gone and we can't seem to find any reason to come back or stay on point, so ... class dismissed.

PostPosted:  

Gerdean wrote:
, so ... class dismissed.

LOL, thats rich.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

I went back to the beginning of this thread (since class was dismissed :biggrin: ) and found quite a few of Amy's posts had been butchered with deletions from the admin. Clicked on the link provided but it went no where. My memory isn't that good so can't remember what she wrote that was so offensive and don't know what member of the admin deleted some of her words.

Anyway...I'm sure there will be more posts added in time, Gerdean...this topic is never-ending even though some try to sideline it. And I do understand your frustration. Recently there were a couple of new additions to my home group....a real test of my self-control. But that's for another thread...even though it fits perfectly with this one.

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

How about when men give over their authority to women....lol I actually had a serous conversation with my friend about this. He befriends his ex-gf and when all 3 of us hang out he let's her bully him and make fun of him and control him. When I told him how uncomfortable I felt watching him being bullied and that I wanted to leave, he just replied to me that this is their "friendship" and he enjoy's his friendship with his ex in this way.....LOL...sooo I guess it can work both way's it is interesting though...I was fascinated with how much he enjoyed being dominated and ridiculed by a female who he is friends with,....

Class dismissed...hahah im jk. that line is epic lol.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

One person dominating another, especially to the point of abuse, can and does apply to either gender. It is more often the male that dominates but I've seen it happen in the reverse also. I agree that it's very uncomfortable to witness. I figure they must be getting something out of it...financial security, emotional or sexual...it has to have some pay off for them. The situations that really bother me are when the one being dominated (to the point of abuse) either has no recourse or does not realize they have a way out. That's where there is a greater need in educating the public, beginning in childhood. But there's also that human need, like it or not, for one person to feel it's necessary to be over another, in some way, to some degree, if only in their mind. We're still pretty dang barbaric and our emotional evolution is way behind our intellectual. At least in my not so humble opinion.

Psst, Gerdean...we're talking in the hall...not the classroom.
:wink:

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Men bullying women or women bullying men -- same difference. It's emotional illness, coming and going.

Sorry to hear Amy's "stuff" was tampered with. That was her complaint -- that somebody had "been messin' with her stuff" (from that black woman's play about suicide). It is also the root of the problem of Authority over Women, which is not altogether the same as bullying. You don't have to be physically threatening to assume authority over what women feel, think, say, believe -- as if it is not good enough, "less than," or unacceptable.

Psychic abuse is part of it; it's designed to keep a woman "in her place." It is insidious, and the mores are filled with such (the "double standard") -- especially in religious communities. Psychic stalking is more subtle and perhaps all the more damaging because it is so socially acceptable (like "blonde jokes"). But it sure does go against the grain of the woman's spirit.

PostPosted:  

So the class dismissal seemed to have been helpful in bringing back the discussion to the original topic. The teacher has assumed authority over the class. Just an observation from outside the class.

PostPosted:  

I don't know about that. There really is no "authority figure" here. Male or female. But it did seem to get the attention of the students.

I was going to remark to JAK: That must be why women, when out with another couple, go to the restroom together. It's so they can talk about what interests them and get a word in edgewise from the men's incessant discussions about business or sports.

But I'm happy enough to hang out in the hall. Although hall monitors in the school I went to never did let us linger in the hallways, even if it was to discuss what we had been learning in class; we had to take care of business and get back into the classroom without lollygagging.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Sorry to hear Amy's "stuff" was tampered with. That was her complaint -- that somebody had "been messin' with her stuff" (from that black woman's play about suicide). It is also the root of the problem of Authority over Women, which is not altogether the same as bullying. You don't have to be physically threatening to assume authority over what women feel, think, say, believe -- as if it is not good enough, "less than," or unacceptable.

Psychic abuse is part of it; it's designed to keep a woman "in her place." It is insidious, and the mores are filled with such (the "double standard") -- especially in religious communities. Psychic stalking is more subtle and perhaps all the more damaging because it is so socially acceptable (like "blonde jokes"). But it sure does go against the grain of the woman's spirit.

I have to agree again,Gerdean. It is insidious and unfortunately I believe that for the majority of those stuck in that mentality, and who are promoting that top-down agenda, they are, for all practical purposes, unaware of the ramifications for others and for themselves (or maybe just don't care) it's just their way of thinking/ perceiving and would imagine that it feels normal to them. I mean, how do you try to explain butter to someone who has never tasted or even seen butter? You can't. You may as well be speaking a foreign language. Doesn't mean we give up but it sure makes the trudge more difficult. But because it's generational there are also those windows of opportunity that can and do break the cycle, albeit slowly. I do see more males and females that can at least "see" a problem in this area, even if they can't quite put their finger on the cause or what to do about it.
Little tiny baby steps...all the way into eternity.

PostPosted:  

I Think an feel that often the case of someone
trying to control another ,
IS In fact insecure about themself .

And also there is co dependency .

Even Good intentions can go awry .

PostPosted:  

I think that your thinking is correct, Coop. If one is secure in themselves there is no need to try to control someone else.
And yeah...then there's that co-dependency thing. We are such messy little creatures, aren't we?

And all these messy little steps we're trying to avoid will be waiting for us on the next level. Lord, I sure hope there will be plenty of help for us. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next