Urantia Marriages...What are they like? - page 1 | Urantia Book Forum |

Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

I would like to know if anyone has ever been married to someone who also had shared beliefs in the Urantia Book.
I am married to someone who has, for 13 years, never once even wanted to even talk about the Urantia Book, a book that is such a huge part of my life.
I often wonder if it's healthy to be married to someone who doesn't share this (or any other) belief system, partly because I feel like I can't truly share the wonderful philosophy with my partner or my children, and after years of wating to share this joy, feel that we will never experience the spiritual connection.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I am in your same position – have been for 35 plus years. In order to put you at ease, my wife and children have learned to love Jesus and are developing their own relationship with the Father in their own non-UB way. It has caused me some discomfort that my interest in TUB has not been equally embraced by my wife and kids, however, an interest and belief in TUB is not required to have a relationship with Jesus and the Father. They experience their own joy, insight, and comfort as a result and they are making their own contribution to the Supreme. I understand your regrets and perhaps we will both have an opportuity sometime in the future to make TUB an important part of their lives. Until then, be of Good Cheer and a source of inspiration.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks Ray.

What you said makes me feel better, and less isolated.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My wife of 31 years and I were drawn together by our mutual belief in reincarnation. When I found the UB, I was of course very excited, but unfortunately shared that it said reincarnation was not true. She had a sever knee jerk negative reaction to that, and "loses-it" if I say anything pertaining to the UB.(sigh) Had I only been smart enough to tell here about all the various bodies we move through as we become more spirit like, maybe she would have been more open. :?: Unfortunately, with Mom's hostility neither of my daughters would look at the book. Maybe as they mature a little more their curiosity will kick in, and their TA will nudge them to have another look.

I think over zealous 1st time readers do a LOT of unintended damage with all that enthusiasm. I sure did!

Bro Dave

:?

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

hello, jim of urantia, ray & bro dave~

it was 8 years ago during our 'courtship' that my husband told me about the urantia book. i bought one shortly thereafter, started reading it from the beginning,...and put it on the shelf where it remained until early last year. my husband was thrilled when i finally read it.
we have been married for over 5 years. our spiritual beliefs have always been harmonious and a large part of our attraction and affection for each other. we have read many of the same books (gave away many duplicates after our marriage). i feel it is important to have harmonious beliefs. neither of us are accepting of any book as containing 100% Truth. we both do follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and call him Lord. and we love each other dearly. and we still have our issues and many difficulties in our relationship. i try to see them as opportunities for soul growth and healing. individually and collectively. and i pray that as we each are made whole inside one at a time that soon we will be wholly One.

peace, love, light, ...blessings to all...

namaste'

julie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]