Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Glad to be here
PostPosted:  

Hi to All!
Have been getting the daily inspirations since last year, but just discovered this forum :shock: This is great! Wonderful job by whoever created it all... and Thank You.

Like many here, I've been reading the UB for many years. Found my first copy in a small LA book store in 1971. My how the years move on! Look forward to future interactions and learning from other's views.

light and love,
Vikki

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Vikki :smile:
I'm glad you found your way here....Image
I also look forward to our future interaction.

Post subject: Glad to be here
PostPosted:  

Hello & Welcome Vikki:

Read, reply and enjoy. It's good to have you aboard. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Vikki, Welcome! We are so glad you found this site. For us, its like discovering yet another wonderful sibling we didn't know we had! :smile:

Tell us a little about yourself, if you'd care to do so. We are pretty good listeners,(most of the time...) :wink:

But, whatever you do... ENJOY!

Bro Dave :smile: :smile: :smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you all for your warm welcome. It will be pleasurable to occasionally exchange thoughts, ideas, views on the UB. People so often arouse negative feelings, it will be a joy to be reminded of the picture big and remember those people are too part of humanity and our brotherhood/sisterhood here--and as the UB book says, 'there is no growth without psychic conflict and spiritual agitation!' People certainly provide the soil for that growth!

I had to laugh when I read: Seek and ye shall find... such a simple concept, clear and concise, BUT we humans manage to muck it up! I tell those with whom I work "seek and ye shall find" SO, you need to be REAL CLEAR on what it is you are seeking! The lack of self-awareness interfers greatly with that clarity, so we often tell others and ourselves we are seeking one thing, when hidden from our view, we seek something else. No what I mean, Vern?

A little about me--I'll try to KIS! I'm 55, married, born in Alabama, couldn't wait to get out, got out, lived in Knoxville, TN, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Los Angeles area for a while, then in Vegas for 16 years until 1989 when I returned to the Auburn area to get a formal education--(the "signs" determined when I returned). Have had OBE's and heard & seen ??? beings/people/creatures/since I was 5 years old... many experiences related to that! Dx with multiple sclerosis in 2000, stable on meds, no longer work in agency counseling--now do contract work & private practice, continue to seeking what was and has been my mantra since my 20's--"seek truth, wherever that may lead" Found the UB in LA 1971 while browsing a small bookstore in Glendale. Enough? As we all can say, there is much more to the story... the journey continues.
Again, thanks for the welcome. It feels right to be a part of this community.

Light & Love,
Vikki

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Vikki,

Again, I extend you a warm welcome! It's great to see you here and be able to share love and insights with you. I think you will find that there is a wonderful community of faithful "truth seekers" here and from your description I think you will really like participating with us.

I loved your take on seeking and finding. This is a very profound teaching of Jesus for me because it literally means that one will find what they are looking for. Many people look only for the bad or negative in life and then are utimately disappointed when they find that. Go figure.

Well, it's great to connect with you and I hope that you will participate often.

Every blessing....Paula

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]