Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:50 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

Greetings to all. I've been reading and studying the UB for 30 plus years now and was delighted to recently learn of this web site from the friend who first introduced the book to me years ago when we were students at OSU in Stillwater. I attended a few study groups at Berkley Elliotts (anyone tell me how she is doing if they also know her?) so I was blessed to have such a nice introduction to these studies.

My congratulations to all those involved in the development and on-going maintenance and updating of the site - very nicely done.

I've read the UB from front to back several times but my favorite times are when I just let the book open itself to the page it would like me to read - I'm never disappointed - it's all a treasure!

Before I knew better (still not sure how to "officially" do it), I used to tell friends that a friend of mine had written a paper I wanted them to read. They would always ask who it was. I said his name was Mel [his friends call him "Chi"] Zedek. Not very clever but I wanted to be truthful.

Best wishes to all UB readers who frequent this site.
Ray

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Welcome Ray!!!:O)
PostPosted:  

I have just been turned on to TUB...I was blessed enough to get it this morning :smile: but have been reading it online for the last couple weeks... I am very excited!!!
I was at the park this afternoon w/ my boys and came across one of my old time friends that attends church, I closed the book to talk to her and when she saw the book titile this increadiable awkward energy came over her, like she wanted to tell me something to discredit TUB, but she couldn't...
Last night I went to a friends house after doing some TMT and we talked about casting our pearls and she referenced the flood and how Noah and he and his family made mention of the times to come, they were building the ark right in the middle where everyone would see and even up to the end she was saying that they were probablly smashing their wine bottles upon the ark making a mokery up until the heavens were opened and the water came flooding down, and then they began to wail and beg, but by that time it was too late, then she referenced that as in the times of Noah, so will be the times of the comming of the Son...
So I have decided that I will continue my excitment, but reserve it for those that truly want to share in this amazing revelation...I will carry my book around with me as an open invitation for others to approach me as I continue to project my thoughts towards Truth...she also disclosed Revelation 17 to me as one of the signs of the times related to WTC-911...blew my mind wide open...I believe that there are many truths in the Bible and even the Bible says for those that have ears let him hear...
I feel like my ears are really tuning in on a total different "frequency"...I really cant explain just how great it feel that Im not alone, and my friend and I are not alone...I took me 25years of thinking I was crazy (actually more of a battle of why do they think Im crazy) until I met her and discoverd that we are not alone...any ways... Welcome Brother!!! :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I think most everyone who begins the UB adventure has experienced the joy and enhusiasm that moves you to share it with others, friends and strangers alike. We also experience the shock and disappointment when some of these others judge the UB and its readers so harshly - mostly out of ignorance or fear. It's painful and aggravating to watch "condemnation prior to examination" but it happens. By the fruits of the spirit you shall know them - those who are ready to join the Paradise adventure in the light of new knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

RayOK wrote:
I think most everyone who begins the UB adventure has experienced the joy and enhusiasm that moves you to share it with others, friends and strangers alike. We also experience the shock and disappointment when some of these others judge the UB and its readers so harshly - mostly out of ignorance or fear. It's painful and aggravating to watch "condemnation prior to examination" but it happens. By the fruits of the spirit you shall know them - those who are ready to join the Paradise adventure in the light of new knowledge.

I have an analogy I like to use with folks who are frustrated in sharing the UB. I think of us all as roses. Some of us are blossoming, and have felt the warm sun on our petals for the first time, and we are E-X-C-I-T-E-D! We sooo want to share this wonder with all our Bro's & Sis's, but many are sitll tightly closed. And, if we try to pry them open, we can do irrepairable damage! They will open when they are ready, and not a moment before. They too have Father within, nudging them in the right direction...for them! :wink:

Now, if I can only remember to take my own advice... :?

Bro Dave
:smile: :smile: :smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Yes, I like that rose analogy very much. Ten or so years ago I had a friend going through a divorce - an emotionally energetic one unfortunately. I had him read the Rodan of Alexandria discussions in the UB and it was of comfort to him. He began his adventure there and tried to share it with his wife. Bottom line - I was the devil and "that book" proved it.

He has recently remarried a devout Christian of southern Baptist origins and she is at best, hesitant to investigate the UB. She is one of your roses, tightly wrapped, that will do doubt open up in time to embrace more warmth. I hope my old friend is patient and understanding with his new wife and that she comes to understand that her cornerstones of christian faith, built in youth, can be built upon anew and that the expanded revelation of the faith OF her Master, found in the UB, is more than compatible with her religious journey to date.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]