Switch to full style
Let us know what you think.
Post a reply

Longtime reader, first time poster

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 am +0000

Hello,
I've been reading this forum for a year or so, and decided to join in the discussion. I guarantee I will not launch into prophesies about a momentous event that only I have been worthy of being pre-notified of; nor will I post gibberish in the hopes of being (mis)taken as a Reservist, or anything like that.

I'm just an ordinary mortal, reading the Urantia Book and trying to develop my faith and service so that I may eventually learn and do God's will.

I look forward to learning with all who are sincere and humble students of this amazing revelation.

Re: Longtime reader, first time poster

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:15 pm +0000

Welcome Aboard Agon D. Onter!!!

You sound like a most worthy shipmate and I look forward to your voice here. Ahoy matie!

8)

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm +0000

Welcome my friend! You probably know we just recently lost a few members, so it's is very refreshing to see a new face. Looking forward to learning from you!

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:29 pm +0000

fanofVan wrote:Welcome Aboard Agon D. Onter!!!

You sound like a most worthy shipmate and I look forward to your voice here. Ahoy matie!

8)

And ahoy to you. Lemme know if the decks need swabbin', arrrggghhhh! Actually, a ship is a great metaphor and is frequently used in the Book. I'll take this opportunity to share a few of my favorites:

111:1.9 (1217.4) Mind is your ship, the Adjuster is your pilot, the human will is captain. The master of the mortal vessel should have the wisdom to trust the divine pilot to guide the ascending soul into the morontia harbors of eternal survival. Only by selfishness, slothfulness, and sinfulness can the will of man reject the guidance of such a loving pilot and eventually wreck the mortal career upon the evil shoals of rejected mercy and upon the rocks of embraced sin. With your consent, this faithful pilot will safely carry you across the barriers of time and the handicaps of space to the very source of the divine mind and on beyond, even to the Paradise Father of Adjusters.

159:3.8 (1766.4) The world is filled with hungry souls who famish in the very presence of the bread of life; men die searching for the very God who lives within them. Men seek for the treasures of the kingdom with yearning hearts and weary feet when they are all within the immediate grasp of living faith. Faith is to religion what sails are to a ship; it is an addition of power, not an added burden of life. There is but one struggle for those who enter the kingdom, and that is to fight the good fight of faith. The believer has only one battle, and that is against doubt — unbelief.

and finally, where else can you find prose as beautiful as this:

99:1.3 (1086.6) Urantia society can never hope to settle down as in past ages. The social ship has steamed out of the sheltered bays of established tradition and has begun its cruise upon the high seas of evolutionary destiny; and the soul of man, as never before in the world’s history, needs carefully to scrutinize its charts of morality and painstakingly to observe the compass of religious guidance. The paramount mission of religion as a social influence is to stabilize the ideals of mankind during these dangerous times of transition from one phase of civilization to another, from one level of culture to another.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:11 pm +0000

Welcome to the discussion board Agon D. Onter.
Best wishes,
Larry
Post a reply