Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:13 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Late bloomer
PostPosted:  

Hi all: I'm really new to this blogosphere stuff but have been a serious reader of TUB for about 12 years now. I have posted a few things already and I feel like a kid who just discovered a candy store. There are not too many people that I have been able to discuss this wonderful book with and this is a real treat.

Being a new kid on the block is always difficult but having TUB as a common thread is very comforting. I hope to get to know many of you in the near future.

Regards, Louis.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Late bloomer
PostPosted:  

Hello Louis,
I am also new to this forum, and like you I am very to glad to have found this forum. I have been reading the UB for many years, and also like you, I have not many to share it with, and/or discuss the ideas and principals within.
I doubt that I have read the complete book. I find some of the ideas and statements very hard to understand.. but since I work for an Outfitter, I have many hours of solitude riding in the far back wild places of Idaho and Montana to consider the meanings. Surounded by the near pristine beauty of God's creation!
The Urantia Book has been a great inspiration to me, and changed my life in many ways. I find myself more and more wanting to share the peace and asuredness it gives me with others.. which leads me to a question to the moderators of this forum. Is it permissable to print passages from the UB to give to someone who needs to hear it, and If so, what quidelines should I use? I would assume to always include the UB trademark.
Safe journeys,
Jim

PostPosted:  

:smile: Welcome Jim and Louis from another long time reader who recently discovered truthbook!! There are so many interesting threads here that take months to begin to digist. Also, try www.urantia.invisionzone.com for additional study and fun!! I've just begun my first ever audio "read", available at multiple sites and for downloading too. There are some great students here who can expand our concepts and perspectives in new ways. It is now ok Jim to download and print text from the digital book and search engines available and more secondary works than ever. I'm having a good time, I'm sure you both will too!! Looking forward to hearing from you both on truthbook!! See you up the ascender's trail..... :wink:

PostPosted:  

Thanks for the welcome Jim and fanofVan. Jim, I can certainly admit to you that everyone I know is at the same time thrilled and overwhelmed at the first try at TUB. Fortunately we can rely on patience , our TA and eternity.

I believe I'm on my 8th reading of the entire book and my 12th reading of Part IV. I read the Jesus Papers every year from Chistmas to Easter. Each time I read TUB it seems like the first time except that I understand more. So what Im saying is that perservierence is key. And this is just the Revelation; imagine the experience itself!

Thanks fanofVan for the link. It's interesting that my son is also particularly fond of Van and has made extensive inquires into the history of that region in the southern aspect of the Caspian Sea.

Sincere prayer for greater understanding will not go unanswered, Jim. I can testify to that. I am amazed at times how my TA has made it possible insights I could not have dreamed of two decades ago. I have to give Him credit because I'm not that smart. You simply cannot fail if your motives are sincere, loving and faithful. A good day to all.

Regards, Louis .

PostPosted:  

Hey nice to meet new readers. There are alot of urantia book groups on facebook as well, if you guys are interested. I have added about 200 readers from those groups haha.

Quote:
I would assume to always include the UB trademark.

Nobody owns the urantia book, feel free to print it and give to who ever you want!. Print the entire book if you feel like it will help someone! :).

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Thank you for the warm welcome.
FanofVan, thank you for sharing the link! I spent hours there last evening, and will certainly spent lots more!!, BTW, your last sentence ("See you up the ascender's trail") gave me a HUGE smile! I had a "mini-vision" of the whole group gathered on a very high, wind blown peak...they were laughing, waving and shouting encouragements to me... way, way down below.. panting and puffing with each trudging step. Thank God for encouragement! It must one of the most underated words in the english language!
Louis, thank you very much for your very sincere wise words of encouragement (there's that word again!). Truthfully, It is only some sections of Part I I struggle with, and luckily for me, I am not nearly as much of an "A to Z" kind of guy as I thought I was, and read further! Part IV is my favorite as well.

Thank you Peace and best wishes,
Jim

PostPosted:  

WELCOME Brothers 8)

I Look Forward To More Of Your Shareing Thoughts an Insights .

Happy Trails ...

NAMASTE

34:6.5 The divine Spirit is the source of continual ministry and encouragement to the children of men. Your power and achievement is “according to his mercy, through the renewing of the Spirit.” Spiritual life, like physical energy, is consumed. Spiritual effort results in relative spiritual exhaustion. The whole ascendant experience is real as well as spiritual; therefore, it is truly written, “It is the Spirit that quickens.” “The Spirit gives life.”

'' ("See you up the ascender's trail") gave me a HUGE smile! I had a "mini-vision" of the whole group gathered on a very high, wind blown peak...they were laughing, waving and shouting encouragements to me... way, way down below.. panting and puffing with each trudging step. Thank God for encouragement! It must one of the most underated words in the english language! ''

AMEN! :wink:

PostPosted:  

Jim - you should feel right at home here as an outfitter and guide....for there are many such here. Those who know what's needed on the trail and know the trail too...guiding many through the high valleys and up the slopes into the grandeur of God's work and love for us all. There's a tenderfoot or two and some dandies who require a little special hand holding and some who can't find their stirrups and the occasional dude who knows more than you do....or thinks he does. Ever herded cats?? Anyways, lots of good souls and keen minds and sharp wits willing to share in their caring of others. Enjoy!!

(380.4) 34:6.3 From the heights of eternal glory the divine Spirit descends, by a long series of steps, to meet you as you are and where you are and then, in the partnership of faith, lovingly to embrace the soul of mortal origin and to embark on the sure and certain retracement of those steps of condescension, never stopping until the evolutionary soul is safely exalted to the very heights of bliss from which the divine Spirit originally sallied forth on this mission of mercy and ministry.

(380.5) 34:6.4 Spiritual forces unerringly seek and attain their own original levels. Having gone out from the Eternal, they are certain to return thereto, bringing with them all those children of time and space who have espoused the leading and teaching of the indwelling Adjuster, those who have been truly “born of the Spirit,” the faith sons of God.

(380.6) 34:6.5 The divine Spirit is the source of continual ministry and encouragement to the children of men. Your power and achievement is “according to his mercy, through the renewing of the Spirit.” Spiritual life, like physical energy, is consumed. Spiritual effort results in relative spiritual exhaustion. The whole ascendant experience is real as well as spiritual; therefore, it is truly written, “It is the Spirit that quickens.” “The Spirit gives life.”

Peace. 8)

PostPosted:  

Hiya Coop and Boonshucka… and thank you for the welcome.
Very appropriate picture Coop! Haha.. I saw the word “NAMASTE” and thought at first it was the name of that Peak… I was thinking .. that’s a peak I have never heard of .. So I googled it .. and found it is a super expression I had never heard! Thank you!!

FanofVan, I like your analogy! In answer to your question: “Have I ever herded Cats”.. No! But I can imagine the difficulties! And if I ever was well mounted and saw an available group of them.. I am positive I would have a go at it! *grin* I have, however, ROPED one! I am fairly sure I have your curiosity aroused a bit now, let me tell you a humorous story of Kat roping that happened to me:

I was working at a very large Horse Racing / Boarding stable several years ago. There were quite a few barn cats around this stable and I got along very well with all of them except for one mangy yellow lecherous old cat who would always beat up on the other cats. When I was taking out a high-strung thoroughbred colt for his first lessons, this cat would sometimes come whizzing around the corner! Right under the Horses feet! Of course the horse would panic, and I would be very busy for a bit trying to rescue the horse, innocent bystanders and myself, in that order! Our relationship declined daily!
Well, as it happened, one day I was walking out of the shed row thru the open double door at the end with a rope in my hand, and there was that yellow cat sneaking up on another cat! I should mention here that a cat is nearly impossible to rope! Seeing the unexpected opportunity, I quickly made a loop, swung it one time and let it sail for him! When the loop tightened around this cats middle he instantly started leaping six to seven feet in the air, squalling and wailing like a banshee! I started laughing and trying to shake some slack in the rope so he could get loose.. well that wasn’t happening! The cat was leaping and yowling .. no way that loop was gonna come undone! Well, this went on for a couple minutes and pretty soon everyone within a five block radius came running to see what terrible thing was happening to this wailing cat! We were surround by a sizeable group of people in no time, and here I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my cheeks with a lively cat squalling and leaping about on the end of the rope! Herein now enters a very peculiar gender observation! All the men were laughing pretty much as I was .. BUT nearly all the women were scowling at me!!! .. Like I was intentinally skinning this cat alive! Well. The cat finally got loose, but after that if this cat saw me within 100 yards he would zoom! If he saw me with a rope in my hand, he was a barely visible BLURE! After this, even years later, I would be in a public place and notice some lady SCOWLING at me for no obvious reason…I would immediately think “Yup, Cat lover” ... and the color would rise to my cheeks! :roll:
The moral of the story is: It’s very hard to rope a cat… but its immeasurably much harder to UNROPE one!

Hope you enjoyed the story =)
Jim

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Great story Jim -- I could see it happening right before my eyes. I know from experience that there's probably nothing much worse than having a bad cat and that maybe even a good dog isn't better than than a good cat. Dogs you can reason with... cats you can't. They're both precious.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Jim - I just can't stop laughing. :badgrin: :lol: 8) Pecos Bill never had more fun!! Peace.

PostPosted:  

:smile:lol.. made my day!..seems that you have only one life time to 'unroped the cat', but the cat still has 8 more lives left rule the barn!..one for the cat!