Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:15 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Quote of the Day
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

What do think about Quote of the Day?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I absolutely LOVE them! They are beautiful, and inspiring. I think they are a wonderful way to share a peek at the UB without overwhelming folks.

Bro Dave :smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject: Any quotes?
PostPosted:  

Bro David,
Thanks for your comments. Quote of the Day is really working to spread the teachings of this wonderful Revelation.
If you send us your favorite quotes, we would love to enter them into our data base for Quote of the Day. This project takes an lots of workers and we need help!
In Jesus,

Mo Siegel

Post subject: It refreshing
PostPosted:  

Its a refreshing, non-argumentative input to help start the day.
Harry

PostPosted:  
I enjoy these messages so much and have found that reading just a few paragraphs each morning nourishes my spirit. It is so easy to be caught up in the drama of the work place and TruthBook.com is a gentle reminder of the brotherhood of man. Thank you.

Betty Bright

PostPosted:  
I love these quotes so much! Thanks...
Andrea Deinstadt (New York)

Post subject: Life After Death Quote
PostPosted:  
To whom it may concern...I so look forward to your quotes each day. This one was especially timely for me...my Aunt who has been like a second Mother to me is making her transition from this world to the next...she's been hanging on as she's afraid of death, I think, even tho she has a stong faith and belief in God. I know she's gonna be better off and the U Book knowledge has been a large part of the comfort I feel regarding death and the allieviation of my personal fears re: death...those due to fundamental religious Church of Christ upbringing.

Thank you for the quotes and the beautiful photos that accompany them. My husband suscribed me to them and I look forward to reading them each day before I read any other email.

Peace and love to you and all involved with this endeavor.
Susan

Post subject: Quote on Good and Evil
PostPosted:  
Hello,

When I saw this picture, I was drawn to the concept of it. What I felt was that we must not be afraid of the dark areas. If we face them, we can fight them and therefore, make the white areas grow until there is no more dark ones. However, I see the white areas growing, there is just a little dark left. I think until Jesus comes home for us. I can't thank you enough for faithfully sending me the quote of the day. I look forward to it and I read the material that comes with it.

Maria Kern

PostPosted:  
The Quote:

The Son of Man was always a well-poised personality. Even his enemies maintained a wholesome respect for him; they even feared his presence. Jesus was unafraid.

The Urantia Book,
Page 1102 (100:7.4)
Click to read more.

Comment:
This one is kind of food for thought, Jesus felt anger and sorrow at times, but was always under control. I don't believe his enemies respected him, he was mocked and lied about and treated very cruelly. I think Jesus felt fear at facing death and suffering, why he prayed to avoid if possible, but he did not let it stop him because His love for us was greater than the fear . He was tested in every way, but overcame.

Love, Greg

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted:  
HI!

Just wanted to say that the beautiful and amazing photos that come with the Quote of the Day are visual joys. Our planet and its people are varied and rich, and it could be easy to forget that. However, the range of photos you find to go with the quotes is astonishing and eye-opening.
Oftentimes I will meditate upon a scene presented, while reflecting on the quote, or on a line from the quote, or on a word from the quote! : )
Thanks for this sacred contribution to our days....
love, Lee

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted:  
I just want to take a moment to congratulate the person who selects the illustrations. You are truly inspired by the Spirit. Your work touches special places in our hearts.

God bless you!
Laura

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hey!

The Quote of the Day is once again gracing my life. Again ...Thanks ever-so-much. I feel the need for these quotes partly because they make me think about life's actual frailty, and it helps me to not take everything that surrounds us for granted. They inspire one to "Stop and smell the roses" once in a while. As Robert Fulgum said in Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten "Be aware of wonder."

Take care. Have a nice summer!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
I just had to write and tell you that the pictures you send are so beautiful. I love seeing each new one. They are so uplifting. Thank you so much! Bonnie

PostPosted:  
Dear brother or sister or group,

I am so blessed by your continuing ministry of providing "truthbook" readers with a devotional moment as they behold your fine outreach service. Thank you so much; it is a service which is very uplifting. And the photographs are Beautiful, and we remember that Beauty is one of the finitely-perceivable aspects of God.

I wonder, do you have a large expense involved in this ministry? You have never asked for a contribution.

My second reason for writing you is to ask how I can let other UB and non-UB readers know that they can request and receive this quotidian joy? Should they simply email you at truthlover@truthbook.com and request to be on your emailing list?

Again, my thanks for this wonderful way to share Beauty and Truth which disclose a perceivable Goodness when they are shared out of the motivation of Love.

Your friend and brother in the incipient stage of the Paradise Ascension Career,

David E Glass

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello David,

Itís so good to hear from you and know how much you appreciate our Quote of the Day. We appreciate your efforts through poetry and long time service on behalf of the revelation too.

The website www.Truthbook.com is a considerable effort and takes a great deal of both human and monetary resources. Contributions to this effort are essential to its continuance and we really appreciate your interest. Secure online donations by credit card can be made right at the site by selecting ìSupport This Ministryî from the home page. Complete instructions for making donations by other means are also listed on this page.

Every daily quote that goes out contains a stamp in the upper right corner that when clicked will allow you to easily send that daily quote to a friend and it also includes space to add a personal message. In addition, each daily quote has ìSubscribe to the Quote of the Dayî listed at the bottom and to the right. A person can easily subscribe themselves or others who wish to be added. This is also true when selecting ìQuote of the Dayî from the home page.

I hope this helps. Thanks again for your kind words of encouragement and support.

In Faith and Friendship,
Paula Thompson
www.TruthBook.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next