Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Searching by subject
PostPosted:  

Howdy,

I have really enjoyed looking through the past threads and have learned a ton. Wow! There are some really well researched posts and I was wondering if there was a way to search through the posts by subject. Could I use key words etc. to try and find them through search engines or something?

Thanks O:)

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Searching by subject
PostPosted:  

Hi fishin Mom,

I am so glad you are enjoying your time here on the forum. It is a pleasure to have you here.

You can do an easy search by clicking on the "search" button in the upper right corner. Just read the instructions and have fun.

Also, Truthbook has a nice list of topical studies that might interest you along the way as well. Just go here to find it:

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=72

Write back if you have any questions...

PostPosted:  

O:) Howdy again. O:)

Thank you for your help, I have been using the search feature very effectively and it has given me a way to see things in a more complete way. I was reading a thread of wonderful love and help earlier which went suddenly off topic and saw that some folks need this site to be perfect...as they see it. I can understand a desire to be clear and correct in teaching the U.B. I appreciate their passion. Correction is a wonderful tool especially when given with genuine love. Personally, I love this site and the beautiful images that enhance my experience here. Although some images may be....not exactly what the U.B. teaches, they may in fact be what the U.B. teaches us about truth beauty and goodness in that they are beautiful and we are to appreciate beauty. I would love to see artistic expressions of the U.B. and what it teaches more...so those of you who are talented in that area....please get to painting...I know I will be giving it a shot...sadly not too talented so it may be in crayon and a bit stick figure like. :lol: :lol: In the meantime, I think this is the most beautiful site out there and is the most user-friendly. The colorfulness and diversity of expressions are brilliant. Love the art gallery.

The fact that this site is privately funded and operated gives me so much joy!!!! I love that you have backed up your beliefs with action and investment. You truly understand what it is to produce spiritual fruit and I am eating it up like a hungry child. I am honored to be part of a community that has folks that are "walking the walk". I wish I could give each of you a great big hug :D

The only real concern I ever have when coming to this site is how will newcomers to the message perceive our community. I noticed that there are a ton of guests reading these posts and I can only hope that they will still want to read the U.B. seeing that it has had little effect on some in the ability to teach with the love of Jesus.

Will newcomers and observers see us as connected and expressing love? Will they see this site as a safe place to learn from experienced readers? I know that I feel like the more advanced readers often don't want anything to do with helping me figure the book out...they just seem to want a very intense and detailed debate with eachother and often fight online. I don't understand that behavior out of longtime readers. Some have truly expressed the love of Jesus to me and teach effectively as a result. Others simply want to prove there intellect...which only shows me that they can read very well but have missed the good news of love and how to share it.

I can only hope that we all consider a loving approach...even if we think someone is wrong or confused or even a bit mentally ill. It is so important to reach into the darkness of their ignorance and pull them into the light of love.

To the big brains with amazing backgrounds and who have read for decades: If you see someone is completely off the mark, especially a newcomer, as a longtime reader and excellent wordsmith...tell them about the love and new understanding available in the book...give a few good quotes and seed a new way of thinking in their minds.

I know that I stopped posting questions and comments as often as I desired to simply because I know that there will be some just looking to make me feel bad...not sure why they took that approach...is it my breath? I am pretty sure I have mints around here somewhere :biggrin: :biggrin: I keep coming back though because of the loving responses of those who actually do want new readers and students to understand better. Those folks have really helped me big time.

Anyway, to those who work hard to spread the U.B. and invest time and money...I truly love you and thank you. O:)

PostPosted:  

Hi fishing mom
Jess here, Ive been a member of the forum for about 8 months and indeed I have encountered what you just posted. It is sad to see it despite there brilliant knowledge. sometimes I even I have responded to some post in a negative way. I feel bad about it but it is caused by desperation to some of the ignorance displayed by some of our brothers and sisters. I find the most offensive actions by those of us who are living in yesterday. They don't want to open new doors. Preconsived Opinions, [1199:3,4] is the biggest road block to the new roads that open up as you go forward, searching, seeking, wanting to now more, fill this brainup with knowledge and wisdom, more, more. This is probably the biggest thing that is holding up the minds of some of our brilliant teachers. They just can't hear their TA because of this. Their is a lot of hair spliting going on, we just won't give up an opportunity to jump on a subject that might be seen in an other lite. Common sense is ignored, not used, by passed just so I can make some points with my comments.

God bless.......Jess

PostPosted:  

Hey fishin Mom and jess,

Please don't stop posting your questions and comments...this forum needs everyone's input, as long as it is constructive. We have been entrusted with a Revelation, and it is an important task to show the world how things are done in the Kingdom - but we are all just learning how to do it right.

What you may see as bullying behavior may not be at all. We are all anonymous here - talking with someone in cyberspace lacks a lot of the nuances and visual clues that you can get talking face-to-face. Of course, sometimes we do get bad behavior, and Admin does the best that it can to weed out this kind of thing, but it is often a judgment call, and we prefer to err on the side of tolerance until the picture is clearer.

Some of us are just not as warm and fuzzy as others, but we may have a big heart, even if we can't express it well. Some of us take the role of teacher seriously, and sometimes that can come across as "superiority," but just take it all with a grain of salt, and try not to take "attitude" too seriously, because it can be misleading. Just like in our dealings with others in our "real life," we're going to like some people, and others - not so much....go to those you feel you can trust, and let the others slide, unless you get to feeling personally attacked. That really does not happen all that much that I can see - but it does happen from time to time. I am sorry if either of you feel unsafe here.

Overall, this really is the best forum around, and I am not just making this up. People tell us, and so we keep on keepin on. As you pointed out, fishin Mom, there are a lot of visitors here who never post. They just like to read along, and it IS important to make our Love visible here. But in the end, we are all just little kids - children of God - who are trying to learn to get along. Some of us are the bigger, older kids, and like to throw our weight around, but there are also peacemakers here and those who know how to be loving, even anonymously...

Take care, be well, and please don't go away. The newer readers, the newer members, the visitors, are the life blood of our growing movement towards light and life!!!

PostPosted:  

Thank you O:)

I will try harder to not be sensitive. I think I might be a bit overly challenged in my life right now due to something that happened a couple of weeks ago and poor health. The good news is...... I am pretty sure I have some stiff upper lipstick in my makeup bag somewhere. I think it is cherry flavored. :lol:

I appreciate your encouragement and really appreciate the loving approach of all of your posts. They make me feel like I could ask some of the difficult life questions on my mind and get the direction I could really use right now. :?

Blessings O:)