Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:57 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: On the Path
PostPosted:  

Salutations.

I was personally drawn to the Urantia Book randomly. I went to the bookstore, as I normally do, passed by the "new age" section to see what new beliefs had emerged from insanity bored with truth, and noticed a book that stood alone, and, interestly enough, seemingly displaced.

There it was, a blue book with gold letters. The name of the book was mysterious and foreign, therefore causing me to look with interest. I picked up the book, flipped through the some two thousand pages, and picked a few passages to satisfy my mild interest. I wanted to see from where it claimed itself, therewith offering my own categorized criticisms.

What I seen, which I can't recall, was futuristic and new. It wasn't like what I had seen before, and I couldn't help myself but buy the book for further evaluation. After reading the introduction, I realized this was a book that claimed celestial origin. But I had seen this before in my previous studies with anti-christianity, and it didn't suprise me, but it enveloped my interest that much more.

Since then I have read only a fraction of the book, and I can say that I like it very much. Albeit, my problems with its authenticity raise eyebrows now and then, I remain optimistic. I can't help but give it the respect it claims, just like I can't presume any man is anything then what he says he is.

Ultimately, it is worth a read. Whether or not it's worth your faith isn't up to my interpretation, nor anyone elses, but, rather, up to every reader.

lux, vita, amor,

RS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Read on my Brother,

The spirit of revealed truth will seep into your soul, or not. After reading it, whether you believe this revelation isn't so important as keeping, growing and sharing your faith in a great and good God who cares about and for you--for all-- personally, spiritually and eternally.

Real revelation, personal and epochal, may well strengthen faith and augment confidence in religious experience, but isn't an absolute requirement. People can sense a Creator's existence without revelation, but revelation clarifies and upsteps universe knowledge. Genuine revelation corrects and aligns belief, directs faith and refines worship.

The willingness to embrace revealed truth is a reflection of Father's spiritual light and proof of his personal and divinve love for every creature. The gift of the possibility of a righteous life is evidence of Father's pre-existence, his good will and eternal purpose involving everyone (who will) forever. Revelation is a bonus and a confirmation for those inclined toward it.

TB&G toya, Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi RS,

That is how a lot of readers find the book, or maybe I should say the UB finds them. I first came in contact with the book through a friend who brought a copy back from California. It was sitting on end table and it drew my attention, since I liked to read,
I thumbed through it and read a few of the paper titles, which seemed quite out of the ordinary.

While living in Boulder, Colo. a few years later, I was in a bookstore looking for books and happened to see the UB on a shelf, and like many readers, was drawn to buying a copy. My first reading of the book took some time and I was skeptical of the claim of authenticity also. That is both natural and good, as it is wise not to believe anything without first giving it a thorough scrutinizing examination.

My mother always said: Don’t believe anything that you hear and only half of what you see, and in this day and age, it is probably wise not to believe anything that you see either.

I liked your last comment, you are absolutely right.

Quote:
Whether or not it's worth your faith isn't up to my interpretation, nor anyone elses, but, rather, up to every reader.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask or share them with us, we appreciate your input. Keep reading and enjoy. O:)

God Bless You Brother

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The book is OVERWELMING!

It is, as far as I am concerned, TRUTH, made manifest in the Fith Epochal REVELATION.

Post subject: On the Path
PostPosted:  

Hi Brothers

My discovery of the TUB was mysterious, since just a few months earlier I had asked the Spirit to lead me to a new and revealing word of God. You see I had exhausted the Bible when it came to answers. 28 years of biblical study had finally lead me to believe there had to be another Book.

One Sunday while walking thru a swap meet in San Bernadino I came upon a fellow who was selling some magazines, probably 10 or so magazines and maybe two or three books. One big blue book stood out and like brother Solis the book attracted me. At first I thought it was a Jehovah book I bent over to take a closer look and then I started to walk away, then an inward pulse had me turn around an take a better look. I actually recongnlized an inward voice which said: "pick it up" and I did. I saw in the index the story of Jesus' youth and some other strange authors. I dropped again still thinking it was a Jehovah Witness book. I must of walked some 10 feet or so away when this nagging inner voice said: "Take a better look." There was also like a pull that was tugging at my neck. I also felt trembling sensatiion thru out my inner body. I went back and this time I asked the fellow selling it, "how much?" he said: "Three dollors." It turned out to be a 1955 first edition Urantia Book.

Since 1997 I've gone thru it cover to cover at least 8 times and Part IV The Life Story of Jesus Christ at least 25 times. You see I was so blown away by these revelations that I started to write down the profound things this brilliant and profound book revealed. By 2001 I had written enough to write the last year of Jesus' life. You see the reason for reading the life story of Jesus 25 times was because in 2003 I submited to publishers the 211 page manuscript of the story of Jesus. It was just after the Urantia Foundation lost copyrights because of court action by the Michalson Foundation. The many readings of Jesus' life was necessary because the publishers kept submiting manuscripts for my approval for almost 10 months before the manuscript, "THE CHASE OF JESUS CHRIST" published by Dorrance Publishing Co. This could be the first story directly gleaned from the UB. It is also available in Amazon.Com.

I have since written 2 more stories from the UB, "The Road To Paradise." and "Our Father Who Art In Heaven" both have been submitted for copyright and "The Road To Paradise" has been submitted to publisher for their consideration.

Unlike some of us I truly believe the UB will someday replace ALL Holy Books thru out the world.

A brother in Christ.....Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

What a great account Jess. It sounds like so many others, drawn to the book. I was like you. I knew there had to be more about Spiritual matters and Jesus. How could there not be. And even though my best friend put the book in my hands I rejected it as science fiction. While there was no voice in me drawing me to the book. Synchronicity keep directing it back to me or me to it through others in my life and my own search for MORE TRUTH.

Eventually my own desire to know more of Jesus led me to begrudgingly read Part IV. That was it.

My eyes, my heart, my being was opened up in Peaceful assurance of being a Son of God and a child of the Universe.

It was the Best story of Jesus in any media I had ever EXPERIENCED. :smile:

God's love be with you brother Jess. Keep writing. We are very lucky to have been here on Earth (Urantia) when this revelation came to us. SWEET.

Post subject: Re: On the Path
PostPosted:  

When I think about discovering the Urantia book at the tender age of nineteen, I little realized what effect this revelation would have on my soul. My twenty-five year sojourn among an established Christian religion was just a temporary respite. I rediscovered the Urantia book in my forties and it was then that the true force and weight of the revelation hit me.

I compare my experience to being in a dark cave with no awareness of form, shape or light. Then with blinding brilliance the light of the universe poured in illuminating my surroundings. What I thought was a cave was actually the top of a mountain looking out on a rediscovered universe. Filled it was with life unimaginable and wonders unbelievable.

I learned that the words of a book are nothing more than black ink against a white background. The fifth epochal revelation is not about knowledge for knowledge's sake, but it encourages us to live the life. A life led with the intent to partner with the infinite Father of all. For it is one thing to pray, but it is quite another thing to live the life. For if we want to bring tears to the eyes of our Father we can make our entire lives a living prayer to the Father. If there is only one thing that I have learned then this is what I have learned and is the only thing that matters. We can lay down before the feet of our Father our lives, our hearts and our love. Isn't that the only thing that matters?

Love,
Paul