Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:46 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Just One More Brother
PostPosted:  

Hi,

My name is Andre and I am a new Urantia Book reader from Brazil. All I can say is that the truth in this book saved my spiritual life and I had a real "born-again" experience which was amazing.

To read the full story of Jesus was the most incredible experience ever. I can see that the people here in this forum are nice (I think so :)), so I am very happy to be here to share my experiences with you, brothers!

Regards,

"Fear is the beginning of wisdom, but love is at its end."

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hello Andre, good to hear from you .. i too was compleetly thrilled by the total unvailing of Christ story in the U.B.

it makes me very happy to hear how much of a influence it was for you.

our spiritual life is the most important of all mysterys. and to be on fire once again or for the first time is a most amazing place to be.

Welcome to our community and i look forward to you insight as you become more inspired.

PostPosted:  

Hi Andre,

I want to welcome you also...I can relate completely with your experience of being re-born as a result of the Jesus Papers...what a life-changing time that was for me! And it continues today - over 25 years later...

I am so glad you found us, and I look forward to hearing more about your impressions and experiences with The Urantia Book.

PostPosted:  

Aloha Tessmann and welcome to our forum and shared insights and experiences. Thrilled to know another person is reading the our beloved book. And from Brazil! I am curious...how did you find the book or as I say, the book found me :wink: Do you know any other readers in your area? I look forward to your posts...

PostPosted:  

Not just one more brother.... the word Just doesn't do it justice... You are the brother that we have prayed for! Jesus teaches us to always pray for more teachers, and for the expansion of kingdom laborers and you are just what we prayed for brother...

Peace to you and I'm so happy to hear the enthusiasm in your words in fact I'm sure you will find that many of us here have had the very real experience that you mention. It's a pleasure meeting new people but to find out you have another brother or sister that believes whole heartedly in our father, now that is a miracle :biggrin: We all know once we find the father how easy it is to love him and to be inspired to do his will but it's only through the experience that you mentioned that we switch over from a life of faith to a life of KNOWING! that's how I can best explain my feelings anyways I no longer require or need faith in my life it's just a feeling of what is.... I still have faith for my prayers for others, and faith that despite all appearances to the opposite I believe that the entire universe is friendly to me...

I would just like to welcome you here brother you are home and with family who want to learn about you and hope to share our life experience with each other :D

Peace and love to you and yours

love

your brother dave

PostPosted:  

Hi brothers and sisters,

What a welcome message I have here! Thank you very much for you kind words :)

It is so strange because I feel that I am really together with brothers and sisters here. I never had this feeling before! It is just a forum, and I am thousands of miles away but I can feel the love in this forum. I see that the people here are different, so this alone is a testimony for the credibility of the book. To see this forum from outside gave me courage to go on and read the whole book, apart from several people telling me that it has "demon influence". Can you believe that here in Brazil there is a website of evangelical christian which are against "cults" and wrote terrible things about this book? I pray that they also can have the eyes opened to see more truth!

Well, I will start to write a blog in portuguese, about the Urantia Book. There is no blog in the whole country talking about it! Can you believe that? The fields here are really white! The door is open and I will try to expand the views of the people here in this country. Next years will be amazing! Many lifes will be transformed for the glory of our Father!

I believe we live in a special time. I believe that our generation is chosen to bless many people, like is written in 1Enoch:

104:10 To the righteous and wise shall be given books of joy, of integrity, and of great wisdom. To them shall books be given, in which they shall believe;
104:11 And in which they shall rejoice. And all the righteous will be rewarded, who from these (books) shall acquire the knowledge of every upright path.
104A:1 In those days, saith the Lord, they (the elect) shall call to the children of the earth and make them listen to their wisdom. Show them that you are their leaders…Rejoice, children of integrity, in the truth.

AND

Isaiah 43:1

Fear not, for I will redeem you, I have singled you out by name, You are mine.
When you pass through water, I will be with you;
Through streams, Thy shall not overwhelm you
When you walk through fire
You shall not be scorched…
Because you are precious to Me
And honored, and I love you.

The Biblie is still really usefull. We should not forget the wisdom given to us in the past! Good things we should bring with us.

So, let's pray that we know the best way to spread this message to our brothers in this world!

May the peace of our Father be with you!

PostPosted:  

Aloha Tassmann....good to see you post again...today's my day for link aide...this one was fun.

Try this one :wink: http://www.urantia.com.br/

Also to do a Bible/UB search this is wonderful! How often have I asked..wonder what the UB says or vice-versa...

http://urantiabook.org/urantiabook/paramony/index.html

Happy hunting 8)

How did you find the book? I love to hear your story...

Toots...

PostPosted:  

what a great message brother that's so awesome and comforting to hear you say. One of my favorite messages that our master teaches us is that we should not seek to take away from peoples beliefs but rather add to it with love. It is then with love that we can show them the better way with the fruit that our own lives produce. It's so good to see the zeal in your heart brother and I will pray that your Jesus' message will spread in your country through your words and your fruits!

god speed to you brother

your brother dave

PostPosted:  

God bless Andre

Me to join our group to welcome you. You picked the right forum I am a memeber of a few forums and Truthbook is by far a group of Brotherhood which are above the rest. You come at a time when we are celebrating the loss of one of our own, Joey, who went to the mansion worlds July 19 just a day before you joined us. I look at this as a very good sign.

By the way Andre what part of this large country do you live in? how do you make your living?
How old are you? How did you find the UB?

God bless again.....Jess

PostPosted:  

Hi brothers and sisters,

I will talk about myself a bit:

Well I have 24 years and live in the very south of Brazil. I live here with my wife (got married on april/08) and I run a software company together with some german guys living in Munich.

My father was a Lutheran priest who left the church (burocracy problems because he didnt finished the university...) to make cookies. :) So, I was always involved with the church and all the activities, but my real conversion was now 6 months ago when I found the Urantia Book and did a very serious study in the gospel of John. Reading the gospel of John, I imagined myself being one of the disciples and then I discovered that the true message they preached that time was the message of the Kingdom of Heaven and not the message about Jesus! It is just read it in the correct context! The details really matter in this case.

I always had a very scientific "Thomas" mind, and always had my own theories about the Universe and how the spiritual world works. I always had in my mind a perfectly planned and ordered Universe. I was getting many problems with my atheist friends because I could not prove anything to them and I was constantly in fight with myself, so my faith was not in a good shape.

It was a really amazing experience to read the Urantia Book and see that many things that I imagined during years were totally correct! I found the Urantia Book typing "truth book" on Google. Don't know why I typed this, but was the best google search ever! I just did and clicked in the first link! You just need to courage to seek the truth!

During my reading sections I did a lot of research to see what people are talking about the book, but I realized that most of the christians who critisize it are still not preaching the correct Gospel that Jesus preached when He was alive! So they still have this big thing in front of their eyes and are judging others. This just don't make sense. I can't take their opinions as valid, because many of them are still blind and they do not focus on love and service, but dogma and tradition.

I feel now that this book is like a mustard seed and I can share this link with many people, because they just don't know about it! And many of them have many unanswered questions like I had and this book is for sure an amazing gift for them! I am finally spiritually alive and this is amazing!

I really don't care if people start to tell me that I am a part of a cult or something, because I know it is not true. The true church are the ones born in the spirit and that love each other, and I can see much of this love here, so I am not afraid anymore. Anyway, I will continue to attend to my local church to spread this message to the people, because they need it.

So that's me! :)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
so I am not afraid anymore

That is the sweetest gift of all...the freedom from fear.

Welcome, tessman

and Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Truthbook. Welcome also to the Urantia Papers! Truly, they are life-altering. And welcome to the growing fellowship of UB readers. Please convey my best wishes to your lovely wife. It is nice to meet you.

PostPosted:  

A big welcome brother Tessmann 8)

''You just need to courage to seek the truth!'' :idea:

AMEN , So true . :wink:

The Urantia papers has much to say about COURAGE.

http://www.truthbook.com/search/UBParag ... Result.cfm
3.5.6 1. Is courage— strength of character — desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.

26.5.3 That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: “In liaison with God, nothing — absolutely nothing — is impossible.”

34.4.7 The seven adjutant mind-spirits are the creation of the Divine Minister of a local universe. These mind-spirits are similar in character but diverse in power, and all partake alike of the nature of the Universe Spirit, although they are hardly regarded as personalities apart from their Mother Creator. The seven adjutants have been given the following names: the spirit of wisdom, the spirit of worship, the spirit of counsel, the spirit of knowledge, the spirit of courage, the spirit of understanding, the spirit of intuition — of quick perception.

36.5.2 The seven adjutant mind-spirits are called by names which are the equivalents of the following designations: intuition, understanding, courage, knowledge, counsel, worship, and wisdom. These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.

36.5.8 3. The spirit of courage— the fidelity endowment — in personal beings, the basis of character acquirement and the intellectual root of moral stamina and spiritual bravery. When enlightened by facts and inspired by truth, this becomes the secret of the urge of evolutionary ascension by the channels of intelligent and conscientious self-direction.

GOD Bless you and yours brother Tessmann.
Faith son
Coop

PostPosted:  

Welcome brother Andre, and may God bless you.

Your brother Bassman

PostPosted:  

Welcome brother Andre! The internet is really amazing. With it the UB is finding so many truth seekers all over the world. The UB found me through the internet like you. Like you, at the beginning while starting reading, I was also into researching what other people were saying about the book. I found that many people who are not ready for its truth and still living in fear - fear that this book might sway them away from being "saved". You are exactly right when you said, "you just need courage to seek the truth". I pray brother,that you will be successful in your endeavour to share the truth that we found in this book.

Ysmael