Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:52 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi Everybody
PostPosted:  

Hi everybody. I am just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know how glad I am am to have found you all. I have recently started reading the Urantia Book,which found it's way into my hands by what I now believe to be God's will for me. I had been raised in church but there was always something missing. After it was all said and done I had came to the point that saying I was agnostic would be a exageration, as I was about as unbelieving as one can get. And then along came this book! By far the greatest book I have ever had the honor of reading. All doubts are now gone, and I know that God is real, cares very much for us all, and that my real journey has just begun. I look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming days.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for writing, and welcome to this forum!

Your experience echoes that of so many of us Urantia Book readers who have become dissatisfied with their religious backgrounds. For many years, I was so turned off by years of Catholic dogma that I rejected not only that, but even God. It took a long time, but eventually, God revealed himself once again in the pages of the Urantia Book. I knew I had "come home." Just when I felt the most lost, I was found, and placed on solid ground for the first time.

It sounds like you too, have come home, and you are in the right place. I am so happy for you, and I welcome you here, where you will find other reader/believers, and lots of grist for your mental and spiritual mill.

God is so good to us...

I have a favorite quote: "Increasing happiness is always the experience of those who are certain about God."

Always...I look forward to more posts from you, and once again, WELCOME!

MaryJo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello Mark :smile:

A warm and heartfelt WELCOME as a new Truthbooker, from another novice. Wonderful place this will prove for You to be. Enlightening, friendly and helpfull fellow-travellers, sisters and bro's indeed.

Now that You've jumped in, can You feel how warm and refreshing the water is?

Looking forward to go through the growing pains with You. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Mark! And hello to Arno and Maryjo! :mrgreen:

I think most of us have had dabblings or deluges with traditional authority. I found the UB when I was a recently converted Catholic in high school and introduced to it by a SAT tutor who was currently writing a book trying to synthesize the UB and the Bible. He was quite a character.

155:5.11 "Tradition is a safe refuge and an easy path for those fearful and halfhearted souls who instinctively shun the spirit struggles and mental uncertainties associated with those faith voyages of daring adventure out upon the high seas of unexplored truth in search for the farther shores of spiritual realities as they may be discovered by the progressive human mind and experienced by the evolving human soul."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Mark! Wow. I'm sorry I missed you in Feb. My PC went down around that time. But like everyone else here. Mary Jo, Arno, Arie and so many more, welcome.

I look forward to your "being" here. And your experience with finding the book echos like so many of our expereices with it.

Bless You brother and Welcome! :smile:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]