Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

I think...
Kurt should read the Urantia Book again 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Kurt is the man 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bill, you should be ashamed of yourself 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
None of the above 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
All of the above 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ask me again in two weeks 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: UB rewriter
PostPosted:  

The poll 8)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Bill is O.K.
PostPosted:  

A bird without a bill is as useless as a rock on a hill...
but if this rock should slip and slide...
and land on the bird below the hill...
it makes no difference if that bird...
once spoke with his mouth or his bill.

I stated on another thread...
without getting a response...
ignore me, everyone, if you will...
but at least I received an answer from Bill.

I stated: Everything on our world was written by fallible man; TUB, Bible, Torah, Koran, etc.

What was considered truth some time ago may not be the truth today...
or be politically correct...
and superstitions are now being frowned upon...
so, if I may be so bold as to mention...
I edited and condensed the UB...
free to anyone who requests it.

So now again, I ask for a response...
crucify me if you will...
again I say...
I'll even take an answer from Bill.

Disagreements are like a pill...
they are no good unless they're swallowed...
and then the results can be seen...
it will heal the taker, or it will...
at least give him a thrill.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The UB was not written by fallible man, though it has been altered by him. However, if you believe what the book says about itself, it was written by imperfect beings, though they are less imperfect than we are.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tony, you are a pill...
imperfect means blemished, flawed, defective,
and fallible.

But there are lesser degrees of fallibilities
and I agree, the UB writers had these.

And Kurt has read almost every word of the book...
it is beautiful and wise
but with a slight adjustment
it will be even more appealing
to those who view Jesus in a different light...
those who have researched Jesus historically...
and they, who are Muslims and Jews
can partake in the edited UB
and delight in all of its wonders...
do we hear any Amens, Brothers of the UB?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Brother Kurt Sez :arrow:
''
''And Kurt has read almost every word of the book... it is beautiful and wise but with a slight adjustment it will be even more appealing to those who view Jesus in a different light... those who have researched Jesus historically... and they, who are Muslims and Jews can partake in the edited UB and delight in all of its wonders... do we hear any Amens, Brothers of the UB?''

NO ~ NOT From ME my Brother . :? The UB Allready Awakens to the Light of Truths , Of All Said Above :wink: The Original Recipe IS ALLWAYS the BEST :!: = UB :idea: & THEE VERY BEST TASTEING :wink:

My Ole Grandad used to say''If It Aint Broke . DONT Fix IT. :wink: :idea:

Faith son
Coop

Kurt ~ A Question , Just How Many Requests For Your Book Have you
Gotten Here ?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I've had several requests & sent them out by email attachment...including one to the president of urantiabook.org, who lives close to me.

I've also received requests from fund raisers whereby the Urantia United CD can be sold for $15 and bought for $1.60 each. (my cost)

The UB "Aint Broke", but if the edited version gets attention, it will lead some to peruse the original UB.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

kkawohl wrote:
Tony, you are a pill...
imperfect means blemished, flawed, defective, and fallible.

But there are lesser degrees of fallibilities and I agree, the UB writers had these.

Insults are unnecessary. I know what imperfect and fallible mean. My point was not the definition, but your assertion that the UB was written by men. The book itself claims it was written by celestial agents of God's government, not men. I then attempted to explain that although it was written by these celestial beings, they are imperfect beings as are we. I hope this is more clear.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Sorry Tony, no insult was meant...as to your belief that "The book itself claims it was written by celestial agents of God's government, not men"...no comment...you've made your position perfectly clear.

Peace O:)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Brother Kurt :arrow:

''The UB "Aint Broke", but if the edited version gets attention, it will lead some to peruse the original UB...''

KK ~ This in Fact may do more harm than good , .. for those that are Looking & Searching for a greater understanding of Jesus Christ Michael. Because of your Mortal Opinion And False Teachings , About Jesus , that in your Blaspheme , Say that Jesus/ Michael , was just a Equal in value , as all the other Prophets .

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
John 14
1"Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God; believe also in Me.
2In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.
4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know."
5Thomas said unto Him, "Lord, we know not whither Thou goest; and how can we know the way?"
6Jesus said unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. :wink:

Christ comforts his disciples.

Here are three words, upon any of which stress may be laid. Upon the word troubled. Be not cast down and disquieted. The word heart. Let your heart be kept with full trust in God. The word your. However others are overwhelmed with the sorrows of this present time, be not you so. Christ's disciples, more than others, should keep their minds quiet, when everything else is unquiet. Here is the remedy against this trouble of mind, to ?Believe. to ? By believing in Christ as the Mediator

between God and man, we gain comfort. The happiness of heaven is spoken of as in a father's house. There are many mansions, for there are many sons to be brought to glory. Mansions are lasting dwellings. Christ will be the Finisher of that of which he is the Author or Beginner; if he have prepared the place for us, he will prepare us for it. Christ is the sinner's Way to the Father and to heaven, in his person as God manifest in the flesh

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

coop,

You have been adequately conditioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Again with the insults. Who exactly do you think you are to come into this forum, insult its members and profane our religious tome? You and traveler/eliajahspeak are as two peas in a pod. You both think you are superior to us in some way and have a greater understanding of God. At least t/e has backed off just a tad and endeavored to at least try to show some mutual respect.

Did you believe you would get enthusiastic support for your project here? Imagine going to a christian forum and saying, "Hey, I think your bible is too divisive so I'm rewriting and condensing it by taking out the entire Old Testament and everything in the new testament written by Paul." How do you think they would react? This is essentially what you are doing here. Our book isn't good enough so you want to change it to suit your purposes. Not only that, but you tell us that we're only disagreeing with you because we are brainwashed or spiritually deficient in some way, unlike the great Saint Kurt who knows better than we mere mortals.

Well I for one have had enough. If you don't like the UB, go find some other book to defame. At the very least, you could do us a courtesy and stop spitting in our faces.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My first sense was that Kurt had plagiarized the Urantia Book, but on a closer examination, I see that Kurt has not altered the words, merely left some concepts out; he has carefully selected a more simplistic message to feed his sheep.

For those who have been "damaged" by Christianity, it allows revelation to impact the reader, it speaks to the Thought Adjuster just as adroitly as the original. He has not claimed authorship. He admits editorial license. He acknowledges the original text.

Remember, Jit is said, "He who is not against us is for us." And Kurt is definitely not against the revelation. He values it, sees its potential for inaugurating a new dispensation to include all of us, Urantians United.

Once more, it is not the Teacher, it is the zealousness of his followers that alienates people. Will those who encounter saving grace ever learn that finding their own holy grail does not give them license to lord it over their fellows? Will they ever stop using their religious beliefs as a tool to swing, like the jawbone of an ass, to fend off and defeat others?

"May your wisdom equal your zeal and your courage atone for your ignorance."

Happy Day of Thanksgiving.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Happy Day of Thanksgiving. May God bless us and inspire us to fulfill the purpose that we are here on earth for; the learning and experiences that will add to the glory of God.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

....The faith of Jesus pointed the way to...Salvation from spiritual blindness,
the human realization of the fraternity of mortal beings and the morontian awareness of the brotherhood of all universe creatures;

the service-discovery of spiritual reality and the ministry-revelation of the goodness of spirit value....P.1112 - §7

Amen

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,

Even an answer from Bill.
Quote:
I stated: Everything on our world was written by fallible man; TUB, Bible, Torah, Koran, etc.

Everything on our world was not written by fallable men. The UB was written by fallable celestial beings. Degrees of fallability however make the UB superior by its very nature.

Your statement is also an indictment of your own work, as I assume you to be human.

I think if you look into some of the apocryphal material relating to the UB, you will find that Bill Sadler Jr. was told not to proceed with his idea to simplify the text.

As you seem to willingly admit, a human could not do what you have done perfectly. Also, as one who believes in the celestial authorship of the Papers, I am certain that what we received was the best possible English language version possible under the circumstances.

I doubt that you can really understand the text if you have not read it from front to back at least 3 times. Even more times than that if you started anywhere but at the forward.

With the help of the Spirit of Truth the Papers can be understood without any rephrasing.

In truth there is only one true religion. The belief in the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man. I will not rewrite the UB here. reread the sections dealing with the evolution of religious thought.

For you personally, you have completed a valuable learning exercise. I think you will find that your version will not change with continued perusal. It is your thought locked in time. Jesus wrote nothing down to avoid this timeboundness problem. In some way, beyond my humble understanding, the revelators have partially overcome this problem. For precision it is best to look up words in the text in an older dictionary, as language is dynamic.

Bill,
Faith son

By the way, if enough of you vote "Bill, you should be ashamed of yourself" I will stay away for 30 days. Promise!

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next