Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Is Religious Equality Feasible & Should It Be Practiced
Yes, A UB On Religious Equality May Work 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
No, The UB Is Strictly For Christians 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, The Urantia Book Should Not Be Edited 85%  85%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Bill wrote:
Of course there are other opinions. The question is are they valid as expressions of truth? Is there such a thing as seeking vague perfection?
Bill,
Faith son

If I may:
Valid expressions of truth?...the judge of truth being who? Truth, like beauty, is an opine of the beholder.

One can seek vage perfection but one will never achieve the ultimate perfection.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

KK Kurt ~ A Suggestion , Why Dontcha Edit & Rewrite The Holy Quran . And Stand On a Soapbox In Iran ?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,

You state:
Quote:
Valid expressions of truth?...the judge of truth being who? Truth, like beauty, is an opine of the beholder.

There are no absolutes? Everything is relative?
Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
KK Kurt ~ A Suggestion , Why Dontcha Edit & Rewrite The Holy Quran .
And Stand On a Soapbox In Iran ?

Eventually...maybe...but I may tackle the Torah or Bible first...any offers to help is appreciated.

In the meantime, I'm communicating with a doctor in Iraq who is anonymously distributing my Urantia United Book to English speaking people...naturally they will also refer to the UB.
Colter wrote:
Kurt,
...Science discovers the material world, religion evaluates it, and philosophy endeavors to interpret its meanings while co-ordinating the scientific material viewpoint with the religious spiritual concept. But history is a realm in which science and religion may never fully agree.
We all care about you Kurt O:)
Colter

Everything you wrote is beautifully paraphrased...I basically agree.

Thank you for caring...if we would all care about others it would be a better world.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Kurt,

I would like to state that although we have spoken little I want to apologize if I at any time appeared hostile towards you. In many ways you are like me. You crave tolerance between the human family and I can understand how you would see that the belief in infallible books and the like would only contribute to intolerance and mutual enmity between religious groups. Now that I have had time to think about the situation with your book, I to an extent appreciate your attempts to bring tolerance to the world. The only thing I and probably the rest of the community would like to ask is that in the printing of your book you acknowledge that the Urantia Papers was one of, if not the sole, contributing materials to your book. I would also like for you to encourage others who may read your book to the Urantia Papers so that they may discover for themselves what we have found and would therefore lead others to be more tolerant and perhaps learn a thing or two from it's pages.

Peace Brother Kurt,
~Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Chriss Watts wrote:
Dear Kurt,

The only thing I and probably the rest of the community would like to ask is that in the printing of your book you acknowledge that the Urantia Papers was one of, if not the sole, contributing materials to your book. Peace Brother Kurt,
~Chris

The book states: (Table Of Contents)
Urantia United (Earth United) is in large part an edited, condensed version of the Urantia Book. This editor has not contributed to the original version of the book nor does he claim any credit therefore.
See http://urantia.us

Peace Brother Chris,
Kurt

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

WARNING

BEWARE

DO NOT FEED OR FUEL THE FIRES OF ERRORS & EVIL

IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU A ENABLER OR LEAD YOU ASTRAY
And MAKE YOU A PARTICIPANT ALSO. :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6