Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Is Religious Equality Feasible & Should It Be Practiced
Yes, A UB On Religious Equality May Work 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
No, The UB Is Strictly For Christians 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, The Urantia Book Should Not Be Edited 85%  85%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,

Welcome, The manner in which you are being treated here is despicable at best. Iis against all the rules of this site. I have no idea why the moderator has allowed anyone to speak to you in such a manner.

If you want to go ahead and translate the Urantia book into what works for you at this time, you go right ahead and more power to you.

I hope it will enhance your understanding of the material much better and that your efforts will bring more people closer to God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER 159 - THE DECAPOLIS TOUR, Oct 19 2000

Jesus went over to Gamala to visit John and those who worked with him at that place. That evening, after the session of questions and answers, John said to Jesus: "Master, yesterday I went over to Ashtaroth to see a man who was teaching in your name and even claiming to be able to cast out devils. Now this fellow had never been with us, neither does he follow after us; therefore I forbade him to do such things." Then said Jesus: "Forbid him not. Do you not perceive that this gospel of the kingdom shall presently be proclaimed in all the world? How can you expect that all who will believe the gospel shall be subject to your direction? Rejoice that already our teaching has begun to manifest itself beyond the bounds of our personal influence. Do you not see, John, that those who profess to do great works in my name must eventually support our cause? They certainly will not be quick to speak evil of me. My son, in matters of this sort it would be better for you to reckon that he who is not against us is for us. In the generations to come many who are not wholly worthy will do many strange things in my name, but I will not forbid them. I tell you that, even when a cup of cold water is given to a thirsty soul, the Father's messengers shall ever make record of such a service of love."

Quote:
=RayOk
"Ignorance is bliss"? and therefore we can conclude that bliss is Kurt?

Kurt, the reality is no one wishes to embarrass you by pointing out what is your now obvious ignorance of what is contained in the Urantia Book but you bring it on yourself as you continue to post.

complete your examination of the Urantia Book before you post again I am overwhelmed by the arrogance of your ignorance. I think we can close the Kurtain on this vaudeville act!Back to top

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt...why didn't you just say you have a problem w/Jesus? I can see the need to debunk the UB, or any "holy book" (your words). I noticed that phrase popping up regularly and now understand a little more clearly.

Kurt...it's ok. No one says you have to believe any book. About anything. It will all work itself out w/in you. You will come to see what it is you need to see. It will be your own. You don't have to fight about your disagreeing w/others of different faiths/beliefs/religion...God.

I'm sorry...I thought you were just being arrogant.

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
3. Jesus is now a part of God, but was a man whose spirit interacted with the spirit of God. He was the Son Of God as we are the sons and daughters of God.

This is verification that Kurt does not believe in the master. Having thought about this matter a little more the bright side of it is that people who somehow find Kurt's book might want to know more about the revelation that he sterilized. While this book may attract people with similar anti Christian bias some may investigate further and come to know the truth of the Urantia Book itself. This could be a doorway to the revelation.
Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Our purpose is to learn and gather experiences that will add to the glory of God. We, our spirit, carries the DNA of God. We will be a part of God; we will not be his slaves. God does not Lord over anyone. Lords, kings and masters reigned in the Dark Ages. God is Supreme Purity and Supreme Love.

Thanks Majeston...you have seen the light...as for the disparaging remarks by others, even Jesus was said to have been under the power of the Devil.

Matthew 12:31-32 says, "Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

kkawohl wrote:
Colter wrote:
Quote:
3. Jesus is now a part of God, but was a man whose spirit interacted with the spirit of God. He was the Son Of God as we are the sons and daughters of God.

This is verification that Kurt does not believe in the master. Colter

Our purpose is to learn and gather experiences that will add to the glory of God. We, our spirit, carries the DNA of God. We will be a part of God; we will not be his slaves. God does not Lord over anyone. Lords, kings and masters reigned in the Dark Ages. God is Supreme Purity and Supreme Love.

Kurt,

I think Abner was right about Paul when he said that Paul was a "clever corrupter of the life teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of the living God."

The first vital lesion that we must learn about God is that we are not God, and will never be God. An unsurendered ego is of the delusion that growth in knowledge is the equivalent of growth in spirit. We continually grow in the realization of our imperfection, our not godliness. Quite apart from our self conscious mind, a morantia state of being is evolving.

Jesus grew in continual surrender to the authority of the will of God, in full trust to the wisdom of the first source and center.

As your philosophy of the infallibility of mind becomes more apparent I can't help but to think of the tragedy of our high administrator, Lucifer, who was blinded by his own brilliance. Lucifer also took on a "persecution complex" as validation of his ill advised cause.

"There cannot be peace between light and darkness, between life and death, between truth and error".

Sorry Kurt, you seem like a great guy, but you are a false teacher, you've taken yourself to seriously. In a universe governed by authority you had no right to gut the Urantia Book.

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Colter wrote:
We continually grow in the realization of our imperfection, our not godliness.

As humans we are fallible...as spirit we are perfect and infallible. God and everything within his spiritual realm is pure perfection.

As your philosophy of the infallibility of mind becomes more apparent I can't help but to think of the tragedy of our high administrator, Lucifer, who was blinded by his own brilliance. Lucifer also took on a "persecution complex" as validation of his ill advised cause.

Lucifer, demons and devils were used as stories for children; they exist only in the minds of those who believe in them...and on Halloween.

"There cannot be peace between light and darkness, between life and death, between truth and error".

Imperfection cannot exist in Heaven

Sorry Kurt, you seem like a great guy, but you are a false teacher, you've taken yourself too seriously. In a universe governed by authority you had no right to gut the Urantia Book.

Colter

Sorry Colter, God is my teacher; you have no right to judge God. See http://transcendentalists.org

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

5. SPIRITUAL UNITY

141:5.1 One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity. James Zebedee had asked, "Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?" When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: "James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike? I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God. I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality. What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity -- and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven. You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father. Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

141:5.2 "In this way you may experience a perfected unity of spirit purpose and spirit understanding growing out of the mutual consciousness of the identity of each of your indwelling Paradise spirits; and you may enjoy all of this profound spiritual unity in the very face of the utmost diversity of your individual attitudes of intellectual thinking, temperamental feeling, and social conduct. Your personalities may be refreshingly diverse and markedly different, while your spiritual natures and spirit fruits of divine worship and brotherly love may be so unified that all who behold your lives will of a surety take cognizance of this spirit identity and soul unity; they will recognize that you have been with me and have thereby learned, and acceptably, how to do the will of the Father in heaven. You can achieve the unity of the service of God even while you render such service in accordance with the technique of your own original endowments of mind, body, and soul.

141:5.3 "Your spirit unity implies two things, which always will be found to harmonize in the lives of individual believers: First, you are possessed with a common motive for life service; you all desire above everything to do the will of the Father in heaven. Second, you all have a common goal of existence; you all purpose to find the Father in heaven, thereby proving to the universe that you have become like him."

141:5.4 Many times during the training of the twelve Jesus reverted to this theme. Repeatedly he told them it was not his desire that those who believed in him should become dogmatized and standardized in accordance with the religious interpretations of even good men. Again and again he warned his apostles against the formulation of creeds and the establishment of traditions as a means of guiding and controlling believers in the gospel of the kingdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

kkawohl wrote:
Colter wrote:
We continually grow in the realization of our imperfection, our not godliness.

As humans we are fallible...as spirit we are perfect and infallible. God and everything within his spiritual realm is pure perfection.

Lucifer, demons and devils were used as stories for children; they exist only in the minds of those who believe in them...and on Halloween.

Sorry Kurt, you seem like a great guy, but you are a false teacher, you've taken yourself too seriously. In a universe governed by authority you had no right to gut the Urantia Book.

Colter

Sorry Colter, God is my teacher; you have no right to judge God. See http://transcendentalists.org

Kurt,

I read your Bio at your web site about your near death experience and subsequent enlightenment. I don't doubt your experience or it's validity, I'm sure it could benefit many people.

Correspondence to a friend in New Zealand:

I had a correspondence with an incredible lady down in Ukland about a year and a half ago, I had met her on Bible discussion forum, Virginia Dianne was her name.

Virginia had a remarkable life story. Having lost both of her parents when she was quite young she was being raised by an uncle. As a child Virginia had a death experience, she drowned in frigid waters after a fall through the ice. Estimates were that she had been dead for at least 10 minutes before being revived. She was comatose for a time and spent a year in the hospital. Already a gifted individual the accident left Virginia with elevated activity in the cerebral cortex, her IQ was off the charts. With this new gift she could read a book and remember the entire thing and draw on it like downloading a computer file at will.

Virginia, left with an unusual social deficit, was adopted by the family of a Lutheran minister. She went on to complete "several" PHD's and was doing work on Biometric research for the New Zealand government when we became friends. Having heard of the Urantia book from me on the Bible forum she set out to read it.............two weeks later she was discussing it with me. I remember asking her what "part" she had read, and she replied "the whole thing" and committed it to memory, I was stunned! In her frank style she conceded that she had issues with the science of the book but was blown away by the spirituality!

In Virginias quest for truth, prior to reading the UB, she had studied everything she could get her hands on, traced the steps of Peter, Paul and all the Christian missionaries. She had extracted everything from the Vatican archives that she could. She spoke six languages and used those skills to to decipher and extract truths from the Didach, apocrypha and all literary fragments which survived the early Apostolic era etc.

One sad morning I received the news from Virginias adopted father that she had collapsed and died suddenly from a massive stoke likely related to her accidental death as a child.

God works in such mysterious ways, I was sad but so excited for her that she has glimpsed the Urantia Revelation so shortly before her death. I hope that we will meet on high one day and have a good laugh, she had such a since of humor.

Many spiritualists and guru types have had head injury trauma which lead to personal insights, myself I had a moment of deep transformation after developing chronic alcoholism 22 years ago this month. "Times of great tribulation are times of great revelation". I have not had a drink since that day and nothing in my life has been the same.

Unity encompass descending authority from the first source down to man.

Quote:

You don't live in heaven Kurt, you live in Newport Beach California.....and your not God.

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Colter

In bringing men into the kingdom, do not lessen or destroy their self-respect. While overmuch self-respect may destroy proper humility and end in pride, conceit, and arrogance, the loss of self-respect often ends in paralysis of the will. It is the purpose of this gospel to restore self-respect to those who have lost it and to restrain it in those who have it. Make not the mistake of only condemning the wrongs in the lives of your pupils; remember also to accord generous recognition for the most praiseworthy things in their lives. Forget not that I will stop at nothing to restore self-respect to those who have lost it, and who really desire to regain it.

Wise brother Coulter,

IIRC our moderator Mr. Watkins several years ago did exactly the same thing that Kurt is doing. Did he not write a book about the teachings of Jesus taken out of context from the Urantia book and then try to use those excerpts to try to formulate a new gospel according to his personal views?

Did he not "Gut" the Urantia book?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Maj,

I don't know anything about other UB revisions, I know about cult leaders within the UB movement, the UFO crowd, the TM'ers etc. I'm not opposed to someone writing books about the UB, or further clarifying concepts, giving opinions, but when someone who does not even believe the UB rewrites the whole thing, omitting fundamental parts of the book then that's where I get off the warm and fuzzy-go-round.

The hypocrisy of people like this just scream! In Lucifers case he was willing to believe in his creator brother yet the concept of a paradise Father was a fraud. He could not conceive of a first cause but he had no problem taking up that position himself as "God of this world". So many cult leaders have taken the same path as Kurt and remained completely oblivious to the influence of their own will or potential for fallibility.

In the last interview with Pol Pot he claimed that he had a "clear conscience", he didn't know what all the fuss was about. In his mind his equality movement worked quite well except for the betrayer's within his utopian society. Those were the 2,000,000 "bad people" that were tortured and killed.

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Respected Mr. Coulter,

Personally I think you need to cut this man some slack. Where he is today is not where he is tomorrow. That has been true for all of us. I don't know what your experience was when you first began your journey, but from my experience, it is one of progressive growth in concepts and knowlege. Did you "buy" everything on your first go round?

This man's heart is in the right place. That is what is most important IMHO.

Have you so soon forgot the internal wars when the foundation wished to control every person in the Urantia movement until public domain was enacted? That same mindset seems to be alive and well right here, hopefully with the same results.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Maj,
Quote:
Personally I think you need to cut this man some slack.

Kurt has taken a gift from God to mankind and reworked it to fit his world view, where he is now.
Quote:
Where he is today is not where he is tomorrow. That has been true for all of us.

True, that's why rewriting a revelation, where he is now, goes over like a lead balloon.
Quote:
I don't know what your experience was when you first began
your journey, but from my experience, it is one of progressive growth in concepts and knowlege. Did you "buy" everything on your first go round?

No, and I still don't buy everything in the UB (Van, a tree, and Amadon sitting up in India for 150,000 years????) but in all my stupidity it never once occured to me to rewrite the UB, new things keep jumping out at me!
Quote:
This man's heart is in the right place. That is what is most important IMHO.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. More harm is done in the name of helping then in any other way.
Quote:
Have you so soon forgot the internal wars when the foundation wished to control every person in the Urantia movement until public domain was enacted? That same mindset seems to be alive and well right here, hopefully with the same results.

The fallible foundation had a mandate from the revelators to protect the copyright for this very reason. The breaking of the copyright was a disaster! I don't remeber a time when the foundation wanted to control everyone, just the copyright and the trademarks. Spoiled Americans, being unable to live under any authority at all, could not even live up to this simple request.

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
No one man is any better than another; all are equal in the eyes of God.

Kurt,

Only by comparing out do relative values come into play, anytime we compare ourselves to others we will come up short by the very act.

In the religion of Jesus self forgetfulness and service to others serves as an antidote to self introspection.

Theoretically you are correct, in the kingdom of heaven their is neither Jew nor Gentile, however when Judas betrayed the trust of Jesus no aberration appeared over his head saying," this is my beloved son in whom I'm well pleased."

Oneness doctrine and the concept of universalism is refuted in the Urantia Revelation. Anything outside of God the father can only be relatively right.
Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
The fallible foundation had a mandate from the revelators to protect the copyright for this very reason. The breaking of the copyright was a disaster! I don't remeber a time when the foundation wanted to control everyone, just the copyright and the trademarks. Spoiled Americans, being unable to live under any authority at all, could not even live up to this simple request.
Colter

Respected Mr. Coulter,

I do remember those days and they did want to control everyone, even to the point of controlling who was allowed to attend a conference.
Perhaps you don't remember all the lawsuits or the policy of getting written permission before anyone could quote100 words and more than 100 words from the book was completely forboten.

If you recall their mandate it was to protect the name and text for "a generation". IIRC
The foundation translated this into eternity.

Anyway, we could go round and round about this but when the rubber meets the road, the guiding precedent, the spirit and principal remains very clear.

Then said Jesus: "Forbid him not. Do you not perceive that this gospel of the kingdom shall presently be proclaimed in all the world? How can you expect that all who will believe the gospel shall be subject to your direction? Rejoice that already our teaching has begun to manifest itself beyond the bounds of our personal influence. Do you not see, John, that those who profess to do great works in my name must eventually support our cause? They certainly will not be quick to speak evil of me. My son, in matters of this sort it would be better for you to reckon that he who is not against us is for us. In the generations to come many who are not wholly worthy will do many strange things in my name, but I will not forbid them. I tell you that, even when a cup of cold water is given to a thirsty soul, the Father's messengers shall ever make record of such a service of love."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
I do remember those days and they did want to control everyone, even to the point of controlling who was allowed to attend a conference.
Perhaps you don't remember all the lawsuits or the policy of getting written permission before anyone could quote100 words and more than 100 words from the book was completely forboten.

If you recall their mandate it was to protect the name and text for "a generation". IIRC
The foundation translated this into eternity.

I stand corrected, I was not aware that things had gotten that bad. I was not a member of the Brothethood during the days of Marahara (spelling?) vs UF. I just wanted the copyright protected. I'm also aware that "fear" griped foundation board members. I know some of them and have my own feelings about them.
Quote:
Then said Jesus: "Forbid him not. Do you not perceive that this gospel of the kingdom shall presently be proclaimed in all the world? How can you expect that all who will believe the gospel shall be subject to your direction? Rejoice that already our teaching has begun to manifest itself beyond the bounds of our personal influence. Do you not see, John, that those who profess to do great works in my name must eventually support our cause? They certainly will not be quick to speak evil of me. My son, in matters of this sort it would be better for you to reckon that he who is not against us is for us. In the generations to come many who are not wholly worthy will do many strange things in my name, but I will not forbid them. I tell you that, even when a cup of cold water is given to a thirsty soul, the Father's messengers shall ever make record of such a service of love."

This comes after the apostles roughed up the strange preacher from Bagdad, of all places. Readers of Kurts book will not get this in that he edited out the whole life and teachings of Jesus because in Kurts mind Jesus is just a man like the rest of us.

Help me, what am I missing?
Colter

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next