Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:30 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Is Religious Equality Feasible & Should It Be Practiced
Yes, A UB On Religious Equality May Work 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
No, The UB Is Strictly For Christians 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, The Urantia Book Should Not Be Edited 85%  85%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt said

"Hi y'all...If this is truly a Truthbook forum, then accept the truth, to wit:

The only physical effect that we can derive from the Spirit of God is by way of our spirit receiving inspirations and blessings. Truthfulness and rationality in religions are truths that can be substantiated by science or those that cannot be proven to be incorrect. It is a doctrine and proclamation that spiritual transcendence and spiritual interaction can only be possible between the spiritual existence and the "spirit" of man. Supernatural acts performed by physical or spiritual beings in the physical universe are not capable of existing or transpiring. "

Kurt, what truth would you have us accept in your advocacy of ???????????

All the best, Ray

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

RayOK wrote:
Kurt, what truth would you have us accept in your advocacy of ???????????

All the best, Ray

The Foreword of the Urantia United Book http://urantia.us starts with:

The goals of most religions are the same, a deserved, appropriate, just finale. As time passes and when people eventually transcend their religious prejudices they will assign equal validity to all religions that promote peace, love and compassion for others. Righteous living will determine the continuity and destiny of our soul. Our goal in life should be to acquire knowledge, gather positive experiences and live righteously so that our soul can be a part of, and add to the glory of God.

"Follow the religion that is in your heart", be it Bahaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, etc. "Every religion leads to the same divine goal. The three basic principles are: Truth, Simplicity, and Love".

There is a saying, “Some people can't see the forest for the trees”.

The UB and the UUB could be the brink that surrounds and unites all religions but present–day UBers are as blinded as other radicals that claim their Holy Book is the ultimate truth; it isn’t. Only God is the ultimate truth. We, the poor slobs who populate this minute earth fight amongst ourselves over which is the correct religion. The UB, Bible, Torah and Koran, all divide religions rather than help to unite them; this is the utmost stupidity of mankind...my advocacy?...to change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt, I am compelled to respond, in the following manner, in the event some person new to this site might happen by, read your latest post, link to your website, and erroneously think they are reading the unedited revelation known as the Urantia Book.

I think the statement in YOUR Foreward is fine and your intent seems sincere however to promote an edited version of the Urantia Book at this site with a link to your site is a bit brash.

Since I am not an administrator, moderator, or owner of TruthBook.com, I will merely advise all readers of this post, both long-term readers and new readers, to reread / read Paper 101 in the Urantia Book – THE REAL NATURE OF RELIGION.

PAPER 101 –THE REAL NATURE OF RELIGION

1. TRUE RELIGION
2. THE FACT OF RELIGION
3. THE CHARACTERISTICS OF RELIGION
4. THE LIMITATIONS OF REVELATION
5. RELIGION EXPANDED BY REVELATION
6. PROGRESSIVE RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE
7. A PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION
8. FAITH AND BELIEF
9. RELIGION AND MORALITY
10. RELIGION AS MAN’S LIBERATOR

Kurt, I can’t find any reference to, or promotion of, Christianity in this Paper, which seems to be the reason for your writing exercise. Some of your other concerns about the time-sensitive nature of certain passages in TUB are addressed in some detail in Section # 4 of Paper 101.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Kurt,

I honestly have no idea where you came up with the idea that the Urantia Book was meant exclusively for Christians. It explicitly states that all religions are beneficial in that they lead man to God and compel him to serve others. The Urantia Book is not a divider but a unifier; it is a revelation to mankind but it does not stand as the absolute truth. On the contrary it explains no revelation short of the Father in Paradise is complete.

The Urantia United book you have written seems to be a great feat, but it is not necessary to religious tolerance on earth. The mere truths that all men are indwelt by a Thought Adjuster and we are all brothers and sisters in the Father's vast family is more than sufficient for tolerance. Even more so, it gives man the ability to love.

Religious tolerance may be a worthy feat, but how can merely tolerating a person's belief ripen into actual love?

~Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The UB clearly promotes Jesus as the favored Son of God (favoritism & prejudice) and one fourth (Part lV) of the UB is devoted to the life and teachings of Jesus.

The majority of Christians like Lutherans, Catholics, etc., and Muslims and Jews consider the UB to be, rogue, nonessential writings. With the changes adapted in the UUB, the UB could be invaluable.

In order to promote love of all brethren, the writings must be appealing to the general public.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Now I see what your problem may be.

By your own admission you have not read/studied the book thoroughly. Simply perusing something of such great depth would naturally set off your prejudice...which would natually set off your ego. Your attempt to "help" people understand what you yourself don't understand is confusing to say the least.

But the horse is out of the barn (so to speak). Your book is out for all who care to peruse it, so now you must stand firm on your personal understanding...or misunderstanding.

I stand firm in my opinion that you had no right to place yourself, w/your limited knowledge, in the position of qualifying and explaining the UB.

Geez...you do think highly of yourself. As long as your ego is out there to be stroked, all is well w/you. Your type narcissism is all too common.

If that sounds harsh, well, I guess it just sounds harsh. It won't have any effect on you anyway...your arrogance won't allow for that.

Having had my moment of "back at you" (my ego is also engaged) I'm relieved that the Urantia Papers have a life of their own. Some may be confused for awhile but somehow the Spirit can lead us into the direction we need to go...as long as we are capable of some genuine openmindness. And who knows, your efforts to "explain" may lead others to explore the original Source. Most times we get to our truth through crooked lines anyway.

Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt wrote:
Quote:
The majority of Christians like Lutherans, Catholics, etc., and Muslims and Jews consider the UB to be, rogue, nonessential writings. With the changes adapted in the UUB, the UB could be invaluable.

1) The majority of those mentioned above have likely never heard of the Urantia Book.

2) Without the UUB the UB would be?

RayOK wrote:
Quote:
Since I am not an administrator, moderator, or owner of TruthBook.com, I will merely advise all readers of this post, both long-term readers and new readers, to reread / read Paper 101 in the Urantia Book – THE REAL NATURE OF RELIGION.

I moderate Open and Abner's and only have editing access priviledges in those two forums. If this string was in those rooms I would have probably acted on my gut reaction and deleted it. But I am learning to appreciate ADMIN's patience on such matters and as the poll results of this topic indicates, there's not a whole lotta folks buying into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

kkawohl wrote:
Chriss Watts wrote:
Dear Kurt,

I honestly have no idea where you came up with the idea that the Urantia Book was meant exclusively for Christians. It

Religious tolerance may be a worthy feat, but how can merely tolerating a person's belief ripen into actual love?

~Chris

The UB clearly promotes Jesus as the favored Son of God (favoritism & prejudice) and one fourth (Part lV) of the UB is devoted to the life and teachings of Jesus.

In order to promote love of all brethren, the writings must be appealing to the general public.

Favored son ? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My gosh Kurt, could it be that you have rewritten the UB and not read it before hand? Jesus is God to us, he is our creator brother. He is not one way, he is the way the truth and the life.

Paul fell victim to the same temptation to compromise:

Paul, in an effort to utilize the widespread adherence to the better types of the mystery religions, made certain adaptations of the teachings of Jesus so as to render them more acceptable to a larger number of prospective converts. But even Paul's compromise of Jesus' teachings (Christianity) was superior to the best in the mysteries in that...

New testament writers fell victim to the same temptation:

New Testament authors and later Christian writers further complicated the distortion of Hebrew history by their well-meant attempts to transcendentalize the Jewish prophets. Thus has Hebrew history been disastrously exploited by both Jewish and Christian writers. Secular Hebrew history has been thoroughly dogmatized. It has been converted into a fiction of sacred history and has become inextricably bound up with the moral concepts and religious teachings of the so-called Christian nations.

Eve fell victom to the same self importance:

"Influenced by flattery, enthusiasm, and great personal persuasion, Eve then and there consented to embark upon the much-discussed enterprise, to add her own little scheme of world saving to the larger and more far-reaching divine plan. Before she quite realized what was transpiring, the fatal step had been taken. It was done".

Only in post counter culture America, where nothing is right or wrong, just shades of grey, would someone see fit to correct an epic revelation in hopes of increasing sheer numbers of believers, in the grey spectrum of emotional spiritualism.

It's not personal Kurk, I'm sure your a fine person but it was for this very reason that the Foundation did battle against the self willed ultraindividualists that broke the copyright of the UB.

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,

I admire your intent. However, you are in way over your head. I believe it is foolish to think you are intellectually superior to the revelators who operate with access to a higher mind than that available to humans.

Persons who sincerely seek the truth will find the SoT assisting in comprehension of the meaning of the text. They do not require a rewrite, only sincere desire. Does the Master not promise to lend us His mind when we are in need?

Ask and you will receive, knock and the door will be opened.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

God's message is equally applicable at various times in history; the message is different but the purpose is the same, to bring some understanding of what God is to the people. Today people are less gullible and supernatural miracles are often not believed in. God today is the same God as before but without the need to have people believe that he will vanquish their enemies or break His natural laws.

Credibility will be aptly awarded to religions when they dismiss all superstitions therein. If truth is established in a portion of a "Holy Book", yet it is fraught with stories that are clearly based on and support by superstitions, it calls into question its entire validity. We are in the physical universe, but our spirit, psyche, and consciousness, is not physical or tangible, yet "it" is within the tangible mind, and is at times able to interact with the spiritual existence. Verification of spiritual interactions by man has been presented via testimony throughout the ages. The problem arises when this interaction is translated by the often conditioned, superstitious mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt, I've heard it said that the best advice is that which is asked for and while you've made no direct request for advice, your responses indicate that you have not invested serious effort in studying the lessons in the Urantia Book. My advice is something else I've heard somewhere. It goes something like this:

There is a principle by which you can keep yourself in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is condemnation prior to examination.

Try reading the UB in total. Start with Part IV - The Life and Teachings of Jesus - you will discover the Religion OF Jesus is not Christianity but it is what will unite religionists of all faiths. Be Well. Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Ray,

I've heard that quote myself, and don't ya know, I rewrote it! :roll: "Contempt prior to investigation guarantees a life of perpetual ignorance."
Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

RayOK wrote:
There is a principle by which you can keep yourself in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is condemnation prior to examination.

Try reading the UB in total. Start with Part IV - The Life and Teachings of Jesus - you will discover the Religion OF Jesus is not Christianity but it is what will unite religionists of all faiths. Be Well. Ray

How about:
"Ignorance is bliss"?
"Facing reality hurts but it will help to heal".
"Not facing the facts after complete examination is ignorance".

1. Jesus, nor anyone on earth could ever, nor will anyone ever defy God's laws of nature.
2. Christians proclaimed Jesus to be God in defiance of the first Commandmant in order to claim him as their personal God.
3. Jesus is now a part of God, but was a man whose spirit interacted with the spirit of God. He was the Son Of God as we are the sons and daughters of God.
4. Christians who promote Christianity and Jesus as the only way to God promote exclusivity and prejudice.

I have perused every word of the UB prior to editing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,

You are a cunning linguist.

Bill

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

How about:
"Ignorance is bliss"?
and therefore we can conclude that bliss is Kurt?

"Facing reality hurts but it will help to heal".
Kurt, the reality is no one wishes to embarrass you by pointing out what is your now obvious ignorance of what is contained in the Urantia Book but you bring it on yourself as you continue to post.

"Not facing the facts after complete examination is ignorance".
That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you – complete your examination of the Urantia Book before you post again. For example, what DOES the UB say about the challenge that faces Christianity today?

1. Jesus, nor anyone on earth could ever, nor will anyone ever defy God's laws of nature.
What’s your point - that Jesus defied God by performing miracles?
2. Christians proclaimed Jesus to be God in defiance of the first Commandmant in order to claim him as their personal God.
What religion do you practice that allows you to be so judgmental of another's religion?
3. Jesus is now a part of God, but was a man whose spirit interacted with the spirit of God. He was the Son Of God as we are the sons and daughters of God.
Did you come to this conclusion before or after you perused the UB?
4. Christians who promote Christianity and Jesus as the only way to God promote exclusivity and prejudice.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion Kurt but with this kind of loose logic, you may run into trouble uniting Christians, etc, etc, etc,

I have perused every word of the UB prior to editing it.
I am overwhelmed by the arrogance of your ignorance. I think we can close the Kurtain on this vaudeville act!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next