Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:26 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Is Religious Equality Feasible & Should It Be Practiced
Yes, A UB On Religious Equality May Work 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
No, The UB Is Strictly For Christians 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, The Urantia Book Should Not Be Edited 85%  85%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,
I appreciate what you are saying. I have a similar message (unity), and I use the same medium (writing), but my approach is a bit different ... as it should be; each of us is a unique human being, as will be revealed in our life and in our works.

We are given permission to deliver the message in The Human Jesus:
Quote:
[Jesus] did not come down to live on Urantia as the perfect and detailed example for any child or adult, any man or woman, in that age or any other. True it is, indeed, that in his full, rich, beautiful, and noble life we may all find much that is exquisitely exemplary, divinely inspiring, but this is because he lived a true and genuinely human life. Jesus did not live his life on earth in order to set an example for all other human beings to copy. He lived this life in the flesh by the same mercy ministry that you all may live your lives on earth; and as he lived his mortal life in his day and as he was, so did he thereby set the example for all of us thus to live our lives in our day and as we are. You may not aspire to live his life, but you can resolve to live your lives even as, and by the same means that, he lived his. P.1426 - §0

I see you, Kurt, living your life and sharing your message in your way "even as, and by the same means that, he lived his" -- "full, rich, beautiful and noble."

I am also a messenger of the same message. The novel I wrote, over the course of 20 years, reflects the concepts that were implanted in me through reading the Urantia Papers yet I conveyed them through fiction, as an allegory. It is not a re-writing of the UB, as I am not a re-write of Jesus, but it is my personality's depiction of the same truth -- that we are all one, and that as we work together for the greater good of all, we can accomplish our goals and reside in productive peace.

The icon I used in my novel to illustrate the message is the zooid, a small microscopic organism that, when intelligently joined with others, creates a being with locomotion. An example is the coral, which is a cluster of independent living organisms that have banded together for a purpose. A coral reef houses all manner of sea life, is incredibly beautiful, enduring, inherently nourishing and can defend its denizens against outsiders or assault; it is a virtual kingdom. I borrowed on the lowly zooid to create a superhuman civilization - an altruistic fellowship worthy of our efforts.

All of us "messengers" are - in our own way - trying to bridge the gap between the material and the spiritual, the temporal and the eternal. We are leading evolution forward. It is our task to advance and ascend, no matter what characters we use, or what symbols. We are all telling the same story, the oneness of life, the wonder of creation. We celebrate being alive. We celebrate BEING. "It would be useless to stop them lest in their stead these stones by the roadside cry out." (P.1882 - §6)

Rejoice!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gerdean wrote:
Kurt,
All of us "messengers" are - in our own way - trying to bridge the gap between the material and the spiritual, the temporal and the eternal. We are leading evolution forward. It is our task to advance and ascend, no matter what characters we use, or what symbols. We are all telling the same story, the oneness of life, the wonder of creation. We celebrate being alive. We celebrate BEING. "It would be useless to stop them lest in their stead these stones by the roadside cry out." (P.1882 - §6)

Rejoice!

Gerdean, I am truly envious...your perfect way of saying things and your literary abilities are far superior to mine.

We are here mainly to experience and learn... so that those experiences can add to the glory of God upon our soul being united with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Your compliment to me for my literary expression is kind, Kurt, but your envy is surely no greater than mine is for your website presentation. I am sure that where we each individually lack in one aspect of our messenger service, we make up for it in another. The point is that one way or another, we herald the good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

IMHO, the Urantia Book was written by great intellectuals (normal God-inspired men) in the 1930s when superstitions and prejudice were the norm...other "Holy Books", written before then, fall into the same category...rewriting them does not dimish, it enhances their viability. It adds truth and removes superstitions...otherwise, intellectuals and then the normal crowd...will eventually consider them food for the inferior and fables of the older generations...they will be placed in the mythology section.

Before you crucify me consider this...a UB that that contains unadulterated spiritual unprejudiced truths can be the leader, unifier and religious equalizer...but, alas, most conditioned individulals prefer their old writings over truths...and most claim that theirs are "The Only True Words Of God".

So be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kurt,

You are in the wrong place.
Quote:
IMHO, the Urantia Book was written by great intellectuals (normal God-inspired men) in the 1930s when superstitions and prejudice were the norm...

Somehow I get the feeling that you have no HO's.

This is a Urantia Book site. If my friend Coop is correct and you are also traveler, you are violating a rule of the board by having multiple screen names.

Let us post a poll.....
Bill,
Faith son

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I am not the Traveler...but...Let us post a poll.....why not get rid of everyone who disagrees with you?

I thank everyone for your patience and consideration and for allowing me the time here to participate in your great faith.

Peace to all.
Urantia United is now online at http://urantia.us
Namaste,
Kurt

Last edited by kkawohl on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:17 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

KK Sez ''I am not the Traveler...but...Let us post a poll.....why not get rid of everyone who disagrees with you?''

I Concur :shock: I thot you were warned by the Admin . to post no Bills / = Spam links ? Anymore

KK you are Dazed & Confused in the Error/s of your own mortal thots . A Ironic Paradox , in that its the very thing you cry out against .

[Text edited by admin]

I Pray you may be guided into the light of Truth of the Good News of "' The Way ''
Namastae

[Coop -- This was a JYIS post. Please review Posters Guidelines - admin]

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

coop wrote:

I Pray you may be guided into the light of Truth of the Good News of "' The Way ''
Namastae

Thank you, I will pray for the same.

Peace & Namaste

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

kkawohl

Thanks I Too will pray for the same Spirit In Brotherhood & Truth That Thee Peace & Namaste , The Respect of The Indwelling Spirit Of Father That Is in All Will Shine Bright as A Liveing Faith . GOD IS LOVE But LOVE IS Not GOD .
He Is Risen :mrgreen:
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
"Several people whom I interacted with pointed out that my spiritual journeys were similar to what was written in the Urantia Book. I perused the book and was amazed at the superior knowledge that this book contained; the main emphasis lacking therefrom was the message from God that "All religions that promote peace, love and compassion toward others have equal validity". This I have attempted to portray by editing the Urantia Book and retaining similarities therein of what my spirit witnessed in my spiritual interactions with God".

In the interest of political correctness and "equality" shouldn't we also expand on Lucifer's religion? There were many who thought his religion was "valid".

One of the most important statement made in the UB by the revelators is completely absent in the "history revisionism" of this work.

"The world needs to see Jesus living again on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves. Modern culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus' life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal salvation. And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to himself. Jesus' disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men. Religion is only an exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of the presence of God in personal experience".

The Jesus papers are completely left out! :shock:
Colter

Last edited by Colter on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:35 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

It wasn't just the Jesus Papers he left out...he omitted everything of substance. It was as if he pulled out 1-3 paragraphs out of a huge section, just enough that he could comment on...in an effort to make it his own.

In my opinion it should not even have any reference to the Urantia Papers b/c there is so little of the Papers in his "book".

I just have to hold onto to the fact that the Spirit can and will build on anything...even faulty information...to bring the truth into the Light.

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'm just catching up with this post so I will share my first reactions.

I believe TUB was written for people of all faiths - Christians might find it more difficult to accept all that is revealed, or, they might find its rich detail far more enlightening than they anticipated. Ditto for all other people of different faiths.

Kurt, if we all took a stab at rewriting your rewrite of TUB, don't you think it might alter your original intentions? I'm sure the original authors of any book might find your effort to rewrite their books less than acceptable too, however, anyone is welcome to question, critque, and otherwise be skeptical of TUB. It took me 20 or so years of trying to find "gotchas" before I was comfortable in going on record as one convinced of its revelatory status. Perhaps your judgements are a bit hasty making your rewrite premature. Anyone of faith who is sincerely seeking the truth can come to their own conclusions without editorial assistance that runs the risk of totally distoring the author(s) original intent.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Rayok Sez
'' Anyone of faith who is sincerely seeking the truth can come to their own conclusions without editorial assistance that runs the risk of totally distoring the author(s) original intent.''

Bro Ray Well Put . Yet .. It Is Soo Very Much More Than A Simple RISK ,
KK ~ Runs A .. TOTAL DISTORTION , In HIS Soo Called Editing Of the
Urantia Papers , ... HE IN FACT ,... TRIES ... TO CHANGE THE TRUTH INTO A LIE . :x Oh , So Very Much Like The LUCIFER Manifesto , Hunh .

& Bro Colter Sez "' The Jesus papers are completely left out!''
So Where Is The Good News Gone , .. Without JC Our Lord .

Sis Jo Sez
''In my opinion it should not even have any reference to the Urantia Papers b/c there is so little of the Papers in his "book".''

Amen Sis Jo Amen

''I just have to hold onto to the fact that the Spirit can and will build on anything...even faulty information...to bring the truth into the Light.''

Yeah Sis , Yet So Many By Their Personal Editions & Omissions of Truth ,
DO Lead Many that are Young Lambs Into Spiritual Death , & Into Errors & Lies , Either Intentionaly Or ... Worse .

Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi y'all...If this is truly a Truthbook forum, then accept the truth, to wit:

The only physical effect that we can derive from the Spirit of God is by way of our spirit receiving inspirations and blessings. Truthfulness and rationality in religions are truths that can be substantiated by science or those that cannot be proven to be incorrect. It is a doctrine and proclamation that spiritual transcendence and spiritual interaction can only be possible between the spiritual existence and the "spirit" of man. Supernatural acts performed by physical or spiritual beings in the physical universe are not capable of existing or transpiring.

The supernatural cannot exist in the physical realm, it would be against God’s own laws of nature, but if you can prove differently there is one-million-dollar prize waiting for you to claim. http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I can't prove it to you or anyone else. But my personal experience proved it, and continues to prove it is not only possible, but it's extremely normal.

Reliance on the intellect only can be a stumbling block for some. But I can't prove it. Anymore than I can prove God exists.
Just keep searching...
just keep hoping....
just keep on...

Peace
Jo

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next