Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:12 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Bro! Good to hear from you. What's the true story? :smile:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Bro...interesting. I don't have my mind wrapped around the information provided to see a blunder as you mentioned. Perhaps contact the of the author of the site and discuss it with him...

Aloha,

Post subject: UB Glossary
PostPosted:  

Tootsie wrote:

Thanks Tootsie, I read the glossary, it is revealing. I love it.

Post subject: Orvonton
PostPosted:  

Bro Dave wrote:
Not to nit-pick, but "Orvonton - superuniverse (7 universes one inside the other) is not accurate. I did not go though all the definitions, but lets not confuse the already confused if possible :shock:

Bro Dave
:wink:

It is like spiraling upward and the lateral positons, like Havona, are experienced as unequal, except in Havona. It is where we get the idea of the chinese box or russian dolls, one inside the other.

A mathematical example would be 3 is inside the 4. I see it as more like consciousness expanding outward and higher.

If you can see these balloons, some are higher, others lower and if they represent the whole creation, all the universes, visualize an imaginary line around them representing them as one thing, then the differentiation can be seen as being inside and touching each other on the sides and leading, in most aspects, up, and laterally, at the same time, so to speak.

:smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Good for you antwoman...I think you have come to the right place...I am happy for you and your expanded thought possibilities...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Antwoman, great post. I think I can visualize most of what your saying. The Hovana Part, "the lateral positions, like Havona, are experienced as unequal" I'm a little fuzzy on.

But what I saw different in the glossary was that they (the seven universes) were contained concentrically one within the other. I found that interesting. I had always imagined them contained like your balloon example. BUT I've seen several indications as of late of the seven concentric circles idea. Like the seven concentric circles Portal in the movie Pan's Labyrinth. The image in the movie also resembled some archeological type concentric images Tasneem found recently. I believe one was of seven concentric circles.

I'd be interested in Bro's post on what the error was in the glossary.

Peace be with you my friends. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The seven superuniverses revolve around Havona and Paradise.

Something like this:

Just a quick sketch.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Yup! Bill's drawing is my understanding as well. It also agrees with the "Journey to Paradise" drawing I have.(sorry, I can't remember the artist, and his work is extrordinary!)

Bill Sadler's descriptions seem to agree as well, and he is always my best go-to guy when understanding UB concepts.

Bro Dave

:wink:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I agree with Dave's understanding and Bill's drawing. In my archive of old UB documents, I have an instructional guide prepared by the First Society formed in Chicago that also agrees with these understandings. I think Sadler Jr. was a member of that society. Can anyone confirm that?

Bro Dave is also right on about Bill Sadler Jr. - what a teaching treasure he was - and still is.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank You Truth Bill! That's the kind of image I've been exposed to in the past. Like you and Bro and Ray. And Antwoman's balloons resemble that configuration.

But I’m curious about where this seven concentric circle idea is coming from. And how both images relate to the written description in TUB. Is there any basis in TUB for the seven concentric circle idea of the seven superuniverses and Hovana/ Paradise?

Which image looks right to you Tootsie?

I'm going to have to check TUB now. :smile: My curiosity is peeked. :smile:

Here's a few things I found.

P.120 - §6 The Holy Area, the outlying or residential region, is divided into seven concentric zones. Paradise is sometimes called "the Father's House" since it is his eternal residence, and these seven zones are often designated "the Father's Paradise mansions." The inner or first zone is occupied by Paradise Citizens and the natives of Havona who may chance to be dwelling on Paradise. The next or second zone is the residential area of the natives of the seven superuniverses of time and space. This second zone is in part subdivided into seven immense divisions, the Paradise home of the spirit beings and ascendant creatures who hail from the universes of evolutionary progression. Each of these sectors is exclusively

So it looks like Hovana and paradise itself is comprized of the seven concentric circles.

But what about the super universes? I didn't find any clear evidence of that yet in teh following:

P.121 - §4 Here on peripheral Paradise are the enormous historic and prophetic exhibit areas assigned to the Creator Sons, dedicated to the local universes of time and space. There are just seven trillion of these historic reservations now set up or in reserve, but these arrangements all together occupy only about four per cent of that portion of the peripheral area thus assigned. We infer that these vast reserves belong to creations sometime to be situated beyond the borders of the present known and inhabited seven superuniverses.

P.125 - §1 The relatively quiet zones between the space levels, such as the one separating the seven superuniverses from the first outer space level, are enormous elliptical regions of quiescent space activities. These zones separate the vast galaxies which race around Paradise in orderly procession. You may visualize the first outer space level, where untold universes are now in process of formation, as a vast procession of galaxies swinging around Paradise, bounded above and below by the midspace zones of quiescence and bounded on the inner and outer margins by relatively quiet space zones.

This last description in the preceding paragraph is difficult for me to visualize.

P.128 - §1 The immensity of the far-flung creation of the Universal Father is utterly beyond the grasp of finite imagination; the enormousness of the master universe staggers the concept of even my order of being. But the mortal mind can be taught much about the plan and arrangement of the universes; you can know something of their physical organization and marvelous administration; you may learn much about the various groups of intelligent beings who inhabit the seven superuniverses of time and the central universe of eternity.

P.129 - §10 The Seven Superuniverses are not primary physical organizations; nowhere do their boundaries divide a nebular family, neither do they cross a local universe, a prime creative unit. Each superuniverse is simply a geographic space clustering of approximately one seventh of the organized and partially inhabited post-Havona creation, and each is about equal in the number of local universes embraced and in the space encompassed. Nebadon, your local universe, is one of the newer creations in Orvonton, the seventh superuniverse.

P.129 - §11 The Grand Universe is the present organized and inhabited creation. It consists of the seven superuniverses, with an aggregate evolutionary potential of around seven trillion inhabited planets, not to mention the eternal spheres of the central creation. But this tentative estimate takes no account of architectural administrative spheres, neither does it include the outlying groups of unorganized universes. The present ragged edge of the grand universe, its uneven and unfinished periphery, together with the tremendously unsettled condition of the whole astronomical plot, suggests to our star students that even the seven superuniverses are, as yet, uncompleted. As we move from within, from the divine center outward in any one direction, we do, eventually, come to the outer limits of the organized and inhabited creation; we come to the outer limits of the grand universe. And it is near this outer border, in a far-off corner of such a magnificent creation, that your local universe has its eventful existence.

Regardless of how the super universes are arranged, we are on the outer edge. I would guess that means we're quite young in terms of cosmological age.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quick possible seven.

Good night.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi Joer, i think those pics of C.circles i showed only had 3 circles... I like Bill's diagram of the seven universes, that is similar to the Quran's description, i shall quote..(if you dont mind)

Quote:
"Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that We exploded into existence? And from water We made all living things. He created seven universes in layers(one over the other). You do not see any imperfection in the creation by the Most Gracious. Keep looking; do you see any flaw? Then look again..... and again; your eyes will come back stumped and conquered." Qur'an 67:3-4. "The Universes are folded within God's hand."

Anyway the seven universes and concentric circles are included in all religions, Jewish, Hindu, Islamic, Aborigine, South American, in Greek and Babylonian astronomy... etc...

Edit: No actually the description of the 7 universes is not the same as the Quran as i originally thought, i gather from the U.book descriptions that the universes are not wrapped around each other, but take up a portion of space 1/7 of the whole creation...

Joer wrote:
Quote:
Regardless of how the super universes are arranged, we are on the outer edge. I would guess that means we're quite young in terms of cosmological age.

Outer edge of the universes... im all but confused...What lies beyond that edge...I thought that we were in the centre and God was on the outside layer...?? God being on the outside because He is infinite...? but i understand what you are saying in that quote, about being young in terms of time as the universes expand and evolve.... i think with my tiny brain... O:)

I saw this pic on the web some time ago...

Love Sarah xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Tasneem,

The illustration is correct, the problem is you need to zoom waaaay out! There is another nice illustration,(though purposely distorted to give you a special view) on http://www.squarecircles.com/. It is the Ascent to Paradise by a UB artist whose name escapes me at the moment. If you click on the button near the right side of the page, towards the top, you can take a pleasent little journey!

Enjoy!

Bro Dave

:smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hello Dave and thankyou for the web link, i have come accross it before but not read any of it, and heres me thinking there were not many Ub related works out there. There are a few on this site, very interesting...I shall take a look...

Thanks...

Love Sarah xx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank You Tasneem, Bill and Dave and all.

As long as I've read the book I really haven't delved into a lot of the peripheral information deduced from The Book.

The writings represented by the images, must be scattered around the book. I'd like to see a compilation of the writings the images are constructed from.

Bill, I like the sketch of "everything" you created. That's cool. Tasneem your image is really neat and is similar to my previous idea of the seven universes. I also like the Quran description. Thank You.

Bro Dave. I still have to check out your link. Thank You.

God Bless You All. :smile:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next