Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:42 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aloha my friends...

In the grand scheme of things we can hardly see past our nose... :wink:

Here's an interesting link..

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast13sep_1.htm

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

grokmeister says:

Quote:
Look, if there was no capacity for visual tricks, would we have magicians in Vegas...?

And what better visual trick than to make a book which calls itself the Fifth Epochal Revelation appear out of thin air! 8) It would seem that magicians aren't limited to Vegas.

And as for what I get, I know all too well that the "official" pictures from the various scientific institutions only show that which is deemed to be safe for us to see. Just as the "official" history of the Urantia Book is what is deemed safe for us to know. Magicians will use whatever kind of "airbrush" they think is necessary in order to protect the status quo.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tootsie wrote:
Aloha my friends...

In the grand scheme of things we can hardly see past our nose... :wink:

Here's an interesting link..

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast13sep_1.htm

Thanks for the laugh :P

What's that saying - "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"...?

When you take all the "theories" that have been introduced as something MORE than a theory in the past 5 years in the 2 major astronomy magazines, you realize that the line between science fiction and science has been moved - and moved - and moved - and moved....I joke and say that periodically, everyone decides to move the decimal point over two spots 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

[quote="rhermen"]And what better visual trick than to make a book which calls itself the Fifth Epochal Revelation appear out of thin air! quote]

The spin on where this book came from has been going on since 1934.

You think you are ever going to find the truth...?

I read the book simply because it was lucid and interesting and easy to understand....like I keep saying, I must have read a different book than you.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi All,

Just FYI - If you go to the "Spiritual Blog" on the left side of the Truthbook page, you'll see a link for Urantia Book articles. There is an article there comparing three histories of the Urantia Book, which you might find interesting.

I have read the one by Larry Mullins, and have scanned through Ernest Moyers' version.

Very informative books, and each contains information that was new to me. I am sure they are easily obtained from Amazon, or somewhere...

Sincerely,

MaryJo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

i believe we are to be as children. so many questions, a sense of wonderment, not intent on disproving santa or the fairy godmother.
enjoy the ride! this does not mean we are to become gullible. but,..open. minded and hearted. i do believe the Spirit of Truth can do a good job of sorting these matters out for us if we allow it. i have never been able to accept any book written by anyone as 100% accurate and this counts for celestial beings as well. and Truth is not static, anyway. And Truth does not always equal fact, and vice-versa ,..and we all have our own perspectives.

There are no final answers for us.

Faith works.

Namaste'

julie :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

maryjo606 wrote:
Hi All,

Just FYI - If you go to the "Spiritual Blog" on the left side of the Truthbook page, you'll see a link for Urantia Book articles. There is an article there comparing three histories of the Urantia Book, which you might find interesting.

I have read the one by Larry Mullins, and have scanned through Ernest Moyers' version.

Very informative books, and each contains information that was new to me. I am sure they are easily obtained from Amazon, or somewhere...

Sincerely,

MaryJo

Very quickly, I joined the group of people who - quite frankly - don't care about how the UB got to Chicago in 1934. It just takes a little bit of time and listening to all the yaddayadda on that topic to realize that it got here IN SPITE of all the yaddayadda 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
The spin on where this book came from has been going on since 1934.

TUB is a modern day myth and legend in the appearance of authority which claims to be revelation.

Quote:
You think you are ever going to find the truth...?

As a sincere seeker of TRUTH, that is exactly what I intend to do, even if it takes the rest of eternity to do it. But I will tell you something I have found---the best Truth comes from within.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

"We know we dwell in him because he lives in us; he has given us his spirit. This gift from the Paradise Father is man's inseparable companion. He is the ever-present and all-pervading God. The spirit of the everlasting Father is concealed in the mind of every mortal child. Man goes forth searching for a friend while that very friend lives within his own heart. The true God is not afar off; he is part of us; his spirit speaks from within us. The Father lives in the child. God is always with us. He is the guiding spirit of eternal destiny." [3:1.4]

TRUTH ... IS . The Urantia Papers Are Truth . Thee Word made Book . A TruthBook . A Revelation to Mankind of the ' Good News'' of JC . The FOG & the BOM . Thee Fatherhood of GOD & Thee Brotherhood of Man . There have been many claimed rumbling rumors of a rhermen being sighted in the past Epochs , Or are they just Myths & Legends ? 8)
LoL Jus Jokein .

ME = I AM , a Legend in my Own Mind . :mrgreen:

.. '' the best Truth comes from within.'' Amen , "' Know Thyself & Seek Within .
Faith son
Coop

Some Non-Biblical Quotations in The Urantia Book

Dr. William S. Sadler
"The divine Creator is also the Universal Disposer, the source and destiny of souls. He is the Supreme Soul, the Primal Mind, and the unlimited spirit of all creation." [2:1.2]

This is a composite quotation from the Hindu sacred books. In the version consulted, the passages are rendered:

"He is the Creator, He is the Disposer." (Atharva Veda, 13.4.3, 12, 20)
"The last source of every soul." (Brihad-Aranyaka Upanishad, 3.9.1, 10)
"Verily, there is one Supreme Soul." (Bhagarata Purana, 11.18.32)
"The Primal Lord of Heaven." (Bhagavad Gita, 10.12, 13, 15, 16)
"He is the cause of the creation." (Vishnu Purana, 1.1.35)

"The great controller makes no mistakes. He is resplendent in magesty and glory." [2:1.2]

This quotation is derived from two sources: a. "Great Heaven makes no mistakes." (Shi King 3.3.3.12. 8-10), and, b. "But the face of the Lord shall abide, resplendent with majesty and glory." (Koran 57:3)

"The creator God is wholly devoid of fear and enmity. He is immortal, eternal, self-existent, divine, and bountiful." [2:1.2]

This is a passage from Sikhism: "There is but one God whose name is True, the Creator, devoid of fear and enmity, immortal, unborn, self-existent, great, and bountiful." (Jopji -- Preamble)

"How pure and beautiful, how deep and unfathomable is the supernal ancestor of all things." [2:1.2]

This is from Taoism. "How pure and still is the Supreme Being! How deep and unfathomable, as if the Honored Ancestor of all things." (Tao-Teh-King 4.2, 1)

"The Infinite is most excellent in that he imparts himself to men. He is the beginning and the end, the Father of every good and perfect purpose." [2:1.2]

This is also a quote of double origin; a. "It is only the Supreme that excels in imparting himself to men, and enabling them to achieve merit." (Tao-Teh-King 41.3), and, b. This section is from Zorastrianism; "As the beginning and the end, the Father of good purpose." (Yasna 31.8)

"With God all things are possible; the Eternal Creator is the Cause of Causes." [2:1.2]

This seems to be a double origin quote. a. "With God all things are possible." (Matt 19:26), and, b. A Hindu passage, "This universe has sprung from the Lord. In him it is established. He is the cause of creation." (Vishnu Purana 1.1.35)

"He is man's all-powerful benefactor." [2:1.2]

This seems to be taken from Sikhism and reads as follows: "He is omnipotent, our own Lord, and our benefactor." (Gauri and Sorath, 38)

"We know we dwell in him because he lives in us; he has given us his spirit. This gift from the Paradise Father is man's inseparable companion. He is the ever-present and all-pervading God. The spirit of the everlasting Father is concealed in the mind of every mortal child. Man goes forth searching for a friend while that very friend lives within his own heart. The true God is not afar off; he is part of us; his spirit speaks from within us. The Father lives in the child. God is always with us. He is the guiding spirit of eternal destiny." [3:1.4]

This passage -- a group of six quotations -- is from Sikhism.

a. "As I behold creation, I am amazed and astonished. God is contained in the hearts of men. In my heart I hold God, who filleth every place." (Hyms of Guru Nanak, Asa ashtapadi: Macauliffe, Sikh religion 1. 301)
b. "God is concealed in every heart. His light is in every heart." (Hyms of Guru Nanak, Rag Sorath: Macauliffe, Sikh religion 1. 330.)
c. "Many millions search for God and find him in their hearts." (Hymns of Guru Arjan, Sukhmani; Ashtapadi 10.6; Macauliffe, Sikh religion 3. 264.)
d. "I go searching for the friend; but the friend is with me." (Sloks of Shaikh Farid 121, Macualiffe, Sikh religion 6. 413.)
e. "Him whom I thought without me, I now find within me. When I found this secret, I recognized the Lord of the world.") (Kabir's Hymns, Acrostic 30; Macauliffe, Sikh religion, 6. 186.)

The last quotation I cannot locate: "The Father lives in the child. God is always with us. He is the guiding spirit of eternal destiny."

WSS/LMS
1/10/58

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

sojourner wrote:
i believe we are to be as children. so many questions, a sense of wonderment, not intent on disproving santa or the fairy godmother.
enjoy the ride! this does not mean we are to become gullible. but,..open. minded and hearted. i do believe the Spirit of Truth can do a good job of sorting these matters out for us if we allow it. i have never been able to accept any book written by anyone as 100% accurate and this counts for celestial beings as well. and Truth is not static, anyway. And Truth does not always equal fact, and vice-versa ,..and we all have our own perspectives.

There are no final answers for us.

Faith works.

Namaste'

julie :smile:

Wise words from someone so young and pretty. (I'm old & wrinkled) I agree with you. The truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

kk~

why, thank you!
(when a lady gets this close to 50 a compliment such as yours is well appreciated.) lol! :wink:

Peace Love & Light ~

julie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

In most instances I can behave. Really I can. I'm not lying this time. 8)

Not to start rumors or anything. :roll:

Kurt and Jo, errr, Julie? :oops:

Last edited by Tramp Swan on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:31 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I forgot the question. Actually don't have a clue what you guys are rambling about...but I can start a rumor if you want! :roll:

Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

lololol!! :roll:

i thought everyone knew i am mrs. mansionwhirleds! :mrgreen:

~ julie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next