Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:42 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

I think that it is to limit the UB , you are perventing it. with no shame.

http://www.truthbook.com/firstpage.cfm?linkID=80

Take a look at that. That picture is just ridiculus. And pathetic.

Do u have a better one? The girl just looks like Britney Spears...

The UB is fot the Planet. It is the Book of URANTIA. Not the book of America.

Embrace Truth not a Book!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

HELLO
jorgeurantia 8)

''Take a look at that. That picture is just ridiculus. And pathetic. ''

Jorge ~ I think I see what you mean , yet I suppose it's all in the view of the viewer ? In ones perspective ?

For me I just see it as A sorta Generic advertiseing pix . Why do you see it a Americanized ? Is it the robes , or light skin ?

I dont think it was ment as such , probably just a random photo
picked from thousands . :wink:

Peace Brother

COOP

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Howdy, folks.

Howdy, Jorge.

If you are refering to the photo of the two girls in graduation dress, I don't see your point. While you are right that UB is for the whole planet, I don't see how this photo implies anything different.

I for sure don't see how it is a "perversion", or "ridiculous" or "pathetic"?

Perhaps you could clarify your objection. Your post isn't very specific.

Peace,
Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

jorge,

I see what you mean. coop hit the nail on the head.
Quote:
I dont think it was ment as such , probably just a random photo
picked from thousands .

No thought put into the selection. Pretty but non-expressive of the thought discussed.

In many cases no picture is best as the imagination of the reader will supply the appropriate image. IMHO

Bill, Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi --

Since this particular picture has provoked discussion and none of the other hundreds of pictures on the site has so far I've asked Gremlin to take a look and see what he thinks. Both he and Mo have excellent picture sense as well as an extensive collection to choose from so perhaps the picture is in need of an upgrade.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Man, that girl even look like Brittany Spears.

And that has been just one look at truthbook webpage. I will continue reading the page, and i will use my right of visitor feedback and reader of Urantyia book.

Always in a mark of respect, of course.

Embrace Truth not a Book!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I often am dismayed to find the portrayal of truth beauty and goodness as extensions of Madison Avenue advertising, such as the picture under discussion. I find it very "Americanized" and very "Churchified" as well. Another word I use to describe this is "squeeky clean" and, really, coming from a planet like Urantia, I have a way to go before I can trust "squeeky clean" because I know we are all flawed and we all have a skeleton or two in our closet. To depict ourselves as without flaw, as we tend to do, is as dishonest as telling little white lies.

Picky, picky, Gerde.

Well, I can't help having a response. Some folks are really good at saying the right thing, always being kind, always being politically correct, but alas, I am not one of them. I don't usually make waves all by myself, but when I see one well up that I find particularly impressive, I am one who will stand up on the shore and give it the focus it deserves.

Our cultural obsession with "image" bores me. I really like the Navajo practice. When they make a rug, or a tapestry, they always deliberately stitch in a flaw, just as a reminder of our imperfection. Not because it is an eyesore, but because it is the truth.

Maybe if we quit creating the false image that America and its citizens and institutions and government and food and cars and sports and religions are so perfect, fewer people would kill themselves trying to get here, or quit killing us for being the materialistic infidels we project ourselves to be.

Happy Independence Day. I always like to use this day to ponder all the things I enjoy independence from, like alcohol, nicotine, unhealthy relationships, unreasonable expectations, unbridled liberty, and unrealistic perceptions of my own perfection.

I perceive I am dangerously close to being warned to be quiet, so I will shut up now and go wave the flag and eat hot dogs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]