Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:10 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

Visitor Feedback: Let us know what you think.
Moderator Paula

Date: 5/14/2006
Issue: The attitude of staff and the ongoing participant’s of this public forum towards honest questions and expressions of spirituality as it relates to the Urantia Book.

Dear Visitor and Forum Staff,

I do not speak for others here; nor am I a representative of any authority here on this website called Truthbook.com. This is my “a visitor’s” honest and sincere evaluation of the content and its people. It is debatable and is of my opinion and is how I am letting the staff know what I think; as it is suggested by this forum topic description.

As of March 9th of 2006 I began an investigation of the Urantia Book as an honest evaluation of not just its content but the people who proclaim it to be the greatest or the most significant spiritual book every written to date. I was brought here by a Google search of the word “Adjuster” of which I had heard in several dreams over the years. As I found the “adjuster” references; none, seemed to make since for the context of which the word was used in my dreams. I finally found it and it was here; within the text of the Urantia Book displayed on the Truthbook.com’s website.

As I began reading the Urantia I felt such elation, such a strong feeling that this pace had to be the reason why I heard this word; to find the Urantia Book and this group of people here so involved with its cumulative development and expression here on the internet. I have read parts thoroughly parts 1 and 2 and I finished reading part 3; and will not continue to part four until I have completed taking notes.

I have been very respectful, kind, honest, sincere, open and loving to say the least to the people here of this forum. I have received complaints for my questions, and labeled arrogant for doing what the forum topic suggests for the specified topic I chose to reply to. I have been threatened, harassed and treated unfairly by both visitors and staff members here.

I have found the Urantia Book to be filled with wonderful revelations and I have come to love and appreciate this book. However, you need only review mine and subsequent posts of others in regard to my presence to validate my point of mistreatment; that is of course if the information is not deleted or edited. If so, know that I have cached versions of the website forum for documentation and research and can be made available to you if you wish to investigate the validity of my case.

In my years of working for internet service providers requiring evidence for proof of misuse or abuse on the internet service has taught me many wonderful techniques in gathering cached versions as proof required by law. I am well versed in the United States laws and memorandums of public forum and a citizen’s right to equal access. If you are interested in learning about your rights, please contact me by email. I would gladly share and direct you to the rights you possess as an American.

As with any text written by man; as even the Urantia Book states is a fallible or imperfect translation from a higher spiritual self and can only truly be comprehended by the soul or spirit rather than by quoting scripture or pages of a book merely to prove they are right and you are wrong. For some reason I feel that God does not think so black and white.

P.1768 - §4
Quote:
“Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.”

But in the order of debate and education we must endure the friction of being asked difficult questions else it leads to the finder of the Urantia Book here on this site in a sea of misunderstanding and uncertainty which then leads you to distrust. Is that where you want the blessings of the Urantia Book to be represented? I for one do most definitely see the divine wisdoms within the Urantia Book and it saddens me to find that majority of this site’s leaders lack or has in minimal quantity the ethical character such as; honor, humility and honesty to admit to what has been going on, and the will to fix the real problem.

As likely as this post will be deleted or disputed will I also be portrayed as a trouble maker, a bigheaded dreamer or an arrogant guy they were glad to see leave. Those who feel as sincerely as I do will most likely remain silent so that they will not be punished in what ever manner; weather it be the silent treatment or some form of harassment till that person wants to leave as well. I came here seeking a family of Urantia Book readers only to find a “members only” “think as we think” or leave it club. Again, review my posts and subsequent member posts as proof.

I will continue to read the Urantia Book; none-the-less, I know when I’m not welcome. Although there has been a couple of people here that has been very honest, straight forward with me and appreciate the love and input I shared, I feel my presence here is futile due to the friction and hostility I have received here. I recall reading of Jesus saying that we should not make friend with angry people.

I shall love them and pray for them; but I can no longer be apart of this community for the hatred and bigotry that I have seen is too disheartening.

Cogito Ergo Sum “you are the sum of your thoughts” and the thoughts that is being welded have added up to be instead a negative value in the overtone of if your beliefs are not represented in the Urantia Book then it has no place here and you are unwelcome; not to mention the self-righteous attitudes.

There are many places out there for people to share the Urantia Book; this place is unfortunately no longer for me due to the alienation and social segregation of they who do not think the same way as they do. I have been accused, abused and slandered far too long here and it would become pointless if I stayed here.

Read the Urantia Book it is wonderful; yet, be warned of the social cliques I mentioned here in the forums and you should be fine. There are some very sincere and loving people here; but there are too many rotten eggs in this basket. May God’s love fill your life with the courage to be loving, humble and not just honest to others, but honest to self. Be well and good luck.

Quote:
Justice is the collective thought of righteousness; mercy is its personal expression. Mercy is the attitude of love; precision characterizes the operation of law; divine judgment is the soul of fairness, ever conforming to the justice of the Trinity, ever fulfilling the divine love of God. When fully perceived and completely understood, the righteous justice of the Trinity and the merciful love of the Universal Father are coincident. But man has no such full understanding of divine justice. Thus in the Trinity, as man would view it, the personalities of Father, Son, and Spirit are adjusted to co-ordinate ministry of love and law in the experiential universes of time.

The Urantia Book, Page 115, (10:6.8)

Farewell,
James Daron Starr

Post cached and documented: 5/14/2006 6:08 PM

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear James,

Farewell and best wishes

Last edited by Woody on Sun May 28, 2006 7:59 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hear, Hear!

Bravo. (Standing ovation)

You, James Darin Starr, will now and forevermore be my test case to prove the point that if we want friends, we must prove ourselves friendly; and as teachers and believers, we must respect the personality of man. Having the Urantia Book does not grant us privileges, it gives us opportunities to serve. He who would be greatest among you, would be server of all.

Fare thee well, Master_Ravon.

Gerdean

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

James, I too would encourage you to stay. You have much to offer. The packaging may need a little tweeking, but the content is basicly good.

If I may be so bold, your posts leave me with the feeling you just may be too good for us, and we'd best start paying attention, or you will be gone, and we will have miss out. Part of that is true. If you go, we will indeed miss out. You are intelligent,(maybe not quite as intelligent as you posture, but still, intelligent). Learn to talk to us as you sibling, not underlings, and we will respond in kind. Your stilted language makes me very uncomfortable. It makes you seem "plastic", and unreal, not like a brother at all. So please, stay and share your gifts and your friendship with us. Don't just go away mad, blaming us for what is at least in part , is your fault too. We all here are still growing, and your contributions to our growth are indeed as welcome as any other.

Your Bro,

Dave :wink:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Master Ravon wrote;
Quote:
As with any text written by man; as even the Urantia Book states is a fallible or imperfect translation from a higher spiritual self and can only truly be comprehended by the soul or spirit rather than by quoting scripture or pages of a book merely to prove they are right and you are wrong. For some reason I feel that God does not think so black and white.

Interresting that you imply this and then go on to quote the UB in a capacity no different then we the accused have ever done.

Fare thee well.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Edwin H. Friedman:

The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them.

Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower.
Attitudes are the real figures of speech

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Ah James,

I feel your deep hurt my friend and I am so sorry for your pain, but we have to remember at all times, that any words written on a page or screen is open to all kinds of interpretation by the varying minds who read it. It is when we unintentionally forget this, that the hurt or strife enters in and then pours out from the heart in retaliation. It is also when one is truelly honest with others in their particular beliefs or understandings of things and it is not accepted by others that the pain really hurts the most.

==========================

To All Concerned,

How can one possibly keep working in the much needed brother or sisterhood when one feels they have to leave through hurt and another is glad to see the back of them ?

Our Truelly Loving GOD will always wipe away the hurts and the angers in the heart when we ask for it if you would only believe in it.

=============================

Woody,

Your post to James is definately not nice at all, but then, this could be of my fault only, which is likely due to the language barrier seeing that I am of the British race. If this is so, then I am truelly sorry for any injustice that my words may have caused within you.

Love is everything and should always be the most important to all.
Georgie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Love, like truth and beauty, is concrete. Love is not fundamentally a sweet feeling; not, at heart, a matter of sentiment, attachment, or being "drawn toward." Love is active, effective, a matter of making reciprocal and mutually beneficial relation with one's friends and enemies.

Love creates righteousness, or justice, here on earth. To make love is to make justice. As advocates and activists for justice know, loving involves struggle, resistance, risk. People working today on behalf of women, blacks, lesbians and gay men, the aging, the poor in this country and elsewhere know that making justice is not a warm, fuzzy experience. I think also that sexual lovers and good friends know that the most compelling relationships demand hard work, patience, and a willingness to endure tensions and anxiety in creating mutually empowering bonds.

For this reason loving involves commitment. We are not automatic lovers of self, others, world, or God. Love does not just happen. We are not love machines, puppets on the strings of a deity called "love." Love is a choice -- not simply, or necessarily, a rational choice, but rather a willingness to be present to others without pretense or guile. Love is a conversion to humanity -- a willingness to participate with others in the healing of a broken world and broken lives. Love is the choice to experience life as a member of the human family, a partner in the dance of life, rather than as an alien in the world or as a deity above the world, aloof and apart from human flesh.

Passion for Justice

Brother James ~
'' that the most compelling relationships demand hard work,
patience, and a willingness to endure tensions and anxiety in creating mutually empowering bonds.

Look in your own heart ~ ARE you workin hard at these ?

OR only being a quitter ?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

GOD Bless you Ravon!

As the snow falls and the wind blows
The snow melts and the river flows
My friend the Ravon he must go!
But as spring comes and life renews
My friend the Ravon brings back good news.

In our hearts you will be near
though you depart you will be here.

Quote:
May the Trail rise up to meet you
May the Wind be always at your back
May the Sun shine warm upon your face
The Snow fall soft on the plain around you
And until we meet again
May GOD hold you in the hollow of HIS hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Mr. James Daron Starr,

I hope you change your mind and stick around. You'll help us grow and maybe we can do the same for you.

In either case, I am grateful for your contributions and wish for you the very best.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear James...Wow, to read that much of the book is indeed impressive. Please come back and comment after you have finished Part IV. I pray it will soften some of those hard edges. Spending that much time with the teachings of Jesus really did it for me...Love to you or as they say in the islands...Aloha

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Well James,

You and I haven't had any exchanges that I can remember. I don't get to post much these days.

The UB tells us that human things must be known to be loved and divine things must be loved to be known. Each person who participates here is mostly human and partly divine. In the process of getting to know one another, especially in this medium where voice inflection and body language as well as other essential human cues are not possible, misunderstanding becomes a problem.

We want to know you James. We're trying to know you, understand you and love you, but perhaps you have been hiding your real self. I think the feedback you have been given here is at least sincere. I'm sure some of it hurt but I know all of these folks and I have seldom witnessed them being unkind.

For what it's worth, calling yourself Master Ravon was probably your first mistake with us, and I think when you read part IV you will understand why. The apostles called Jesus "Master" unbidden. He did not call himself Master, they gave him that name with great affection born out of the deep respect that he earned in his daily dealings with them. Those who loved Jesus most called him Master. Master has become synonymous with Jesus. When you came calling yourself Master to a group of UB readers, it's almost as if you were putting yourself up as one equal to Jesus. It's hard to overcome some things and I see that as one huge roadblock that you unwittingly put up for yourself from the get go here. I'm sorry that this is the case but I really think that it is. Remember the human being we all affectionately refer to as Master said, "...every one who exalts himself shall be humbled, but he who humbles himself shall be exalted."

Sometimes sincere affection entails telling someone when you believe they have gone out of bounds and giving them honest reflection. This is an invaluable service among friends. Rather than go away mad, why not stay and join with the rest of us mere humans to see what beauty can be found in fellowship? It never hurts to apologize and if we have misunderstood you allow me to say I'm sorry that this has happened. It has been my experience that each party to a conflict holds some responsibility for it. Perhaps when you search your soul on these matters you will find your part in this misunderstanding and come to terms with it. I'm confident that if you owned up to your part in this misunderstanding, forgiveness would be abundant and we could all carry on together at a new and higher level of brotherhood.

Blessings always.....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

James

I am unsure whether or not you will see this before you have made the final decision to leave. I can honestly say that some of your posts have been very enlightening and helpful. Many are oblivious to the fact that this is a forum to discuss things, and sharing ideas is a part of discussion. We are all spiritual learners, and we seek to learn from you and teach you as well. We are all brothers and sisters; we all share a common Father, the Father of all personality. James, many of us would greatly appreciate it if you would stay. I think that most of us were not even aware of our intolerance. We are surely sorry. In a way, we have been defying the Golden Rule and you have been living it. We should have treated you the way the Master would have treated you, yet we so often succumbed to a notion of superiority. You came seeking spiritual guidance, but we so often rejected you. Those of us who are real believers honestly love you because you are our brother, and I am honored to have such a wise brother. If you choose to come back, then we will learn from our transgressions and treat you like a brother. If you do not return then I am sure we will all learn that we must become more like our Father, Brother, Friend, and Sovereign: Jesus of Nazareth; and one day we shall meet you again in Paradise. No matter your decision I pray that you be guided by the Father’s indwelling Spirit and find what you and I -even all of us- seek. Peace my brother.
Chriss Watts

Jesus, addressing a question from Nathaniel concerning the Golden Rule:
Quote:
4. The level of brotherly love. Still higher is discovered the level of unselfish devotion to the welfare of one's fellows. On this higher plane of wholehearted social service growing out of the consciousness of the fatherhood of God and the consequent recognition of the brotherhood of man, there is discovered a new and far more beautiful interpretation of this basic rule of life.
5. The moral level. And then when you attain true philosophic levels of interpretation, when you have real insight into the rightness and wrongness of things, when you perceive the eternal fitness of human relationships, you will begin to view such a problem of interpretation as you would imagine a high-minded, idealistic, wise, and impartial third person would so view and interpret such an injunction as applied to your personal problems of adjustment to your life situations.
"6. The spiritual level. And then last, but greatest of all, we attain the level of spirit insight and spiritual interpretation which impels us to recognize in this rule of life the divine command to treat all men as we conceive God would treat them. That is the universe ideal of human relationships. And this is your attitude toward all such problems when your supreme desire is ever to do the Father's will. I would, therefore, that you should do to all men that which you know I would do to them in like circumstances."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]