Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:46 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello
PostPosted:  

Hello,

I am a recent reader of the UB, and have found it very interesting, and want to learn and read more. It has answered alot of spiritual questions I had since I became "born-again" in 1994.

I appreciate many aspects of the book, and am glad I found it. I have to thank Rhermen for posting his "crazy rants" on the Astronomy.com forums. That is what led me to the UB website, and after many months of reading online, and the weekly "thoughts to ponder", I bought a book a few months ago.

I'm still reading through the life and times of Jesus, and a few other papers here and there, and I find it to be very comforting in knowing more details of Jesus' life. Be they real or fictional, they make alot of sense. In my readings they are only incongruent with the parts of the bible that I have problems with.

It has caused a little bit of marital strife, because my wife is still a "baptist" and she does not like me reading this book. She calls it my little alien book.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I hope to contribute some to the discussions.

Peace,
John

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi John. Welcome to the site and we look forward to your participation - mastery of golf is not a requirement but it is of course, much appreciated by fellow golfers like myself.

I know you will enjoy reading the UB and all here are willing to answer any questions to the best of our ability. Lots of kind souls and experienced readers here.

All the best, Ray

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted:  

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the welcome. I do love to play the game of golf, and I certainly hope that golf was one of those "pieces of heaven" that man in his spiritual quest brought down from Heaven. :mrgreen:

Golf is also an acronym for God Offers Life Forever, which I firmly believe.
Thanks again,
Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Golfnut, and a warm Welcome! Your post made me remember why they named the game "golf"... All the other 4 letter words had already been taken! :wink:

Anyway, pull up a comfortable chair, and tell us a little about yourself, if you'd like. I already emphathize with you on the wife thingy... mine is just plain hostle! I did the over excited routine when I got into Big Blue, and told her that reincarnation was not true.(her basic belief) Really stupid! I doubt I will ever be able to turn her around now.

Anyway, that's me, lets hear about you! :smile:

Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome golfnut.. :smile: always nice to see another truth seeker land on the Urantia Book. Prepare yourself for an ever-expanding spiritual awakening. If you are like most of us, you will at one time be tempted to shout from the roof tops these extrodinary truths. But to echo Bro Dave's caution, try not to allow the book to come between yourself and your wife..perhaps she is comfortable with the reality she has in her mind and i guarentee you that unless she herself is questioning things...she will not be receptive. At the very least if you are determined to enlighten her, be gentle and stratigic, not arguementative and sarcastic. I say this because this was my eventual reaction when someone questioned my cute little book. And it never ends up good.

Paper 84
Material necessity founded marriage, sex hunger embellished it, religion sanctioned and exalted it, the state demanded and regulated it, while in later times evolving love is beginning to justify and glorify marriage as the ancestor and creator of civilization's most useful and sublime institution, the home. And home building should be the center and essence of all educational effort.

I think a person like yourself is on a truth quest...your born again experience shows that you have been asking questions and searching for truth and thanks to this (and Rherman) you've landed here..

im glad you did..

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Golfnut,

I spent some time over at astronomy.com a while back. I went around and around with kkkzzz.

I can Identify with having a less than enthusiastic wife when it come to the UB. When she has trouble sleeping she has me read from the book, it works every time. After years of reading I'm still finding new stuff in the book.

One day you will realize how lucky you are that UB found you.
Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Golfnut. I look forward to your posts. God Bless You and may the Holy Spirit continue to guide you on the Path to God. :smile:
Quote:
P.547 - §5 Celestial relaxation and superhuman humor are quite different from their human analogues, but we all actually indulge in a form of both; and they really accomplish for us, in our state, just about what ideal humor is able to do for you on Urantia. The Morontia Companions are skillful play sponsors, and they are most ably supported by the reversion directors.

Well they may not have Golf up there. :smile:
But there will be something! :smile:
Be Well. Peace. :smile:

Post subject: new to the UB
PostPosted:  

I just recently was introduced to the UB. I cant stop reading it, it is like I have been born again all over again. I am very excited to continue the journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi serenity 1,

It's amazing isn't it. I've read it a couple times through and discussed and referred to it forever and it continues to unfold even now..

I'm exited for you, you were obviously a spiritual person by nature before, and your search for truth has led you to the revelation...

All the best serenity, and welcome. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Serenity1, How true it is. I second Mark's emotion. I'm glad you signed on. I look forward to hearing more about what you find that moves you!
Welcome and Enjoy! :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Serenity1, How true :smile: A BIG WELCOME :mrgreen: I 3rd that : 8)

It is written , that when three or more are gatherd together, he is also there . :wink: Looking forward to hearing more of your journey .

PEACE
LIVE < LOVE < & ENJOY LIFES EVERY MOMENT >
COOP

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome serenity1,

It will grow on you. The curtain is being pulled aside and all of your deepest thoughts are confirmed.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]