Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: A Triggering Event
PostPosted:  

A Triggering Event

For the last 10 years or so my employment has required me to work closely with a federal agency tasked with rewriting basic laws and regulations relative to our industry. The previous laws have been on the books since 1989, long before the internet and laptops, and many of the rules were archaic. Notwithstanding the difficulties of working with operational regulations so out of date, having been in place for 32 years, both individuals and companies know nothing else. Though these new laws solve many issues, getting used to them will require a major effort for us. In this case, the date the new law was finalized was January 2017 but enforcement was delayed so industry could prepare. The agency has now announced that beginning in October of this year, strict enforcement of the new law will begin. This is a triggering event. We who are so affected have had 4+ years to study the new laws and become prepared to change and adjust our operational methodologies to meet the new expectations. Even with 4+ years of preparation October seems sudden.

The corollary here is this. From 1933 until 1955 the revelators and those planetary individuals who were participants in its presentation labored to bring the 5th Epochal Revelation to light. They brought forward an incredible book of truth, one we as a planet seem ill-equipped to comprehend, but obviously we were/are expected to try. In 1955 the Urantia Book arrived officially on our planet; it was published. It is now 2021 yet the planet’s civilizations do not even remotely think of themselves as Urantians. From 1955 until now, a period of waiting has existed ostensibly designed to enable study groups, translations and a natural spreading of awareness as well as to enable those of us who are so led to become equipped to make the transition from the 4th Epoch to the 5th personally. I believe the celestials did this with the expectation that we who are able will assist the planet in coming to terms with this new presentation of reality when or if a triggering event occurs.

I have postulated this concept in the past. Something is missing. I have felt for years like a runner at the starting grid with my hands on the line and my butt in the air waiting for the starting gun to go off. The Urantia Book sets me up, prepares me if you will, but only an experience with true celestial reality can empower the events needed. And they are needed. They are needed to replace the historical reality concepts this planet assumes as its base and replace them with Urantian reality concepts. Some thing or some body must authorize the changes described in our book. This authorization is what the book calls the new revelation. It is the triggering event that qualifies the book, inaugurates the 5th Epoch, and redirects humanity. As I have shown in my chart on Epochs and Dispensations, we are the planetary recipients of only 3 Dispensational Resurrections. The 3rd Dispensational Resurrection placed us in the 4th Epoch. The era of the 4th Epoch will not be complete and the 5th Epoch cannot officially begin until the 4th Dispensational Resurrection occurs. So, when it does, the 5th Epoch will officially begin, and the planet will have had 4 Dispensational Resurrections. At that point, whether earthlings like it or not, we will all know we are on Urantia and the book will be our text.

Referring again to the chart, we can infer that since each Dispensational Resurrection in the past has occurred at or during the visitation on our planet by a celestial personality, a Magisterial Son or other individual, referred to in the book as someone having ‘standing’, to instigate the process. We can anticipate that this type of event will happen again. I can find no statement in the Urantia Papers that indicates just what will have to occur to trigger the next Dispensational Resurrection per se, but, since we have the papers themselves and since we are led to expect the arrival of our new Planetary Prince, it is not illogical to anticipate that somehow this event is on our horizon. We know the book tells us that the arrival of a Planetary Prince is always accompanied by a Dispensational Resurrection. Personally, I speculate that he will arrive with a staff of 100 or more Ascendant Citizens as did the original Prince. I even am willing to speculate that these 100 or more could possibly be picked from the sons and daughters of Adam who were removed from the planet as Adam and Eve left the first garden and have been held on Edentia ever since. After all these children of Adam are considered human since they were born on Urantia, yet most of them have little or no material level experience and many did not have thought adjusters when they were taken away. It is also possible that only those who had not received thought adjusters prior to Edentia will be returned so they may obtain them as human children. It is not unmerciful to consider that Michael might grant these, our brothers and sisters, a ‘second chance’ to experience becoming human adults and pursue their divine destiny as we do. Remember, there are no shortcuts to Paradise, going back to fill in blanks seems to be a norm in Nebadon.

Just to reiterate and consider the numbers, Adam and Eve had 1,647 pure line descendants at the time of the departure from Eden. 2/3 of those over the age of choice, 20 years old, went to Edentia and all of those below this age. The true count of children taken to Edentia is not stated but we are told that Adam and Eve lost more than ¾ of their family that day after they left the garden. ¾ of 1,647 tells us that a little more than 1,235 children went to Edentia. Maybe the Planetary Prince will bring them all back with him, but I am just guessing. That would make quite a splash here, wouldn’t it? Suddenly, 1,235 earth born human beings with little or no human history but with 34,000 plus or minus years of celestial history show up here to experience what human is really like while they teach us what celestial really means using the Urantia Book as their text. They are Urantians in waiting, having never finished their lives as human. They didn’t die and move on, they were sidelined, held in Edentia until a plan could be worked out for them. It only seems logical and proper that they would be offered the chance to resume their journey right where they left off.

We are in the dispensation of the Master Son and are supposed to be aware of our place in the universe; that is what the book is here for among many other things. As a planetary society we have an abundance of remedial work to do. We have to get ourselves out of the rebellion rut as I described in my story, The Fifth Epoch. A solution like this would go along way in facilitating that.

Please understand that I realize I am speculating. You may say speculation is always false and detrimental, but even the Midwayers forecasted in their presentations. So, let’s say I am forecasting. I am trying to assemble the data we have with the spiritual insight I have experienced to see if I can more clearly determine the will of God going forward.

We are told to be forward looking.

Jim

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: A Triggering Event
PostPosted:  

Repeating a falsehood does not validate or make true the falsehood.

This is the 4th reiteration of the same invalid claim.

Conclusions based on false assumptions are illogical and unreasonable and also most likely false. Predictions and forecasts based on a false premise are even less reliable and realistic, if not irresponsible.

Mortal immaturity and impatience combined with a time unit perspective, based on the human life span rather the arc of time and trajectory of evolutionary progress always inspires such "triggering" predictions.

Most unfortunate here. Without merit. Your chart and table are not accurate representations of Urantia's Planetary Mortal Epochs and do not differentiate between Mortal Epochs, the 5 Epochal Revelations, and dispensational or special resurrections - all of which are distinct from one another. You claim patterns which do not exist and insert false presumptions whenever and wherever they suit your prejudices.

The meaning and value of the Papers are not necessarily related to and certainly not dependent upon any planetary or celestial or "triggering" events for its own magnificence and significance and importance to Urantia's epochal evolution as the 5th EpochalRevelation to our world. Your claims and predictions are not supported by that gift of Epochal Revelation and neither are your timelines or chart. Still.

As previously posted, the post Son age typically lasts 10,000 to 100,000 years. Which fact does not preclude special resurrection and multiple missions and ministries by various celestials. Your beliefs and predictions have zero support in the Papers but such proclamations are certainly the tools of preachers and witch doctors to manipulate fear and create false urgency to whatever audience might buy into that which is being sold.

Spare us. This is precisely the hogwash peddled by Ham in the 80's and perpetuated by channelers ever since! A new Prince indeed! To require more and demand more than this gift of Epochal Revelation barely received and in its infancy of dissemination is an amazing display of immaturity and impertinent impatience. Beyond the pale. Really. Jesus warned us about faithless sign seekers!! The loaves and fishes was a revelation of such ones who the priests and forecasters among us appeal to. A pathetic crowd and willing victims to the shysters who prey upon them. Now here is one among us.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5915&p=79893&hilit=Timeline#p79893

Holy Moly. I hoped the mods here had had enough of predictions of imminent planetary dispensational news and predictions regarding Planetary Prince business and rebellion. No??!! Or is fortune telling and soothe saying also protected by the anything goes essay clause? :roll:

118:1.3 (1295.3) There is a direct relationship between maturity and the unit of time consciousness in any given intellect. The time unit may be a day, a year, or a longer period, but inevitably it is the criterion by which the conscious self evaluates the circumstances of life, and by which the conceiving intellect measures and evaluates the facts of temporal existence.

118:1.4 (1295.4) Experience, wisdom, and judgment are the concomitants of the lengthening of the time unit in mortal experience. As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgment-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent.

118:1.5 (1295.5) In the maturity of the developing self, the past and future are brought together to illuminate the true meaning of the present. As the self matures, it reaches further and further back into the past for experience, while its wisdom forecasts seek to penetrate deeper and deeper into the unknown future. And as the conceiving self extends this reach ever further into both past and future, so does judgment become less and less dependent on the momentary present. In this way does decision-action begin to escape from the fetters of the moving present, while it begins to take on the aspects of past-future significance.

118:1.6 (1295.6) Patience is exercised by those mortals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

118:1.7 (1295.7) To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such manner as to enhance the values of the future.

118:1.8 (1295.8) The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present—the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:32 am +0000, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
A Triggering Event

For the last 10 years or so my employment has required me to work closely with a federal agency tasked with rewriting basic laws and regulations relative to our industry. The previous laws have been on the books since 1989, long before the internet and laptops, and many of the rules were archaic. Notwithstanding the difficulties of working with operational regulations so out of date, having been in place for 32 years, both individuals and companies know nothing else. Though these new laws solve many issues, getting used to them will require a major effort for us. In this case, the date the new law was finalized was January 2017 but enforcement was delayed so industry could prepare. The agency has now announced that beginning in October of this year, strict enforcement of the new law will begin. This is a triggering event. We who are so affected have had 4+ years to study the new laws and become prepared to change and adjust our operational methodologies to meet the new expectations. Even with 4+ years of preparation October seems sudden.

The corollary here is this. From 1933 until 1955 the revelators and those planetary individuals who were participants in its presentation labored to bring the 5th Epochal Revelation to light. They brought forward an incredible book of truth, one we as a planet seem ill-equipped to comprehend, but obviously we were/are expected to try. In 1955 the Urantia Book arrived officially on our planet; it was published. It is now 2021 yet the planet’s civilizations do not even remotely think of themselves as Urantians. From 1955 until now, a period of waiting has existed ostensibly designed to enable study groups, translations and a natural spreading of awareness as well as to enable those of us who are so led to become equipped to make the transition from the 4th Epoch to the 5th personally. I believe the celestials did this with the expectation that we who are able will assist the planet in coming to terms with this new presentation of reality when or if a triggering event occurs.

I have postulated this concept in the past. Something is missing. I have felt for years like a runner at the starting grid with my hands on the line and my butt in the air waiting for the starting gun to go off. The Urantia Book sets me up, prepares me if you will, but only an experience with true celestial reality can empower the events needed. And they are needed. They are needed to replace the historical reality concepts this planet assumes as its base and replace them with Urantian reality concepts. Some thing or some body must authorize the changes described in our book. This authorization is what the book calls the new revelation. It is the triggering event that qualifies the book, inaugurates the 5th Epoch, and redirects humanity. As I have shown in my chart on Epochs and Dispensations, we are the planetary recipients of only 3 Dispensational Resurrections. The 3rd Dispensational Resurrection placed us in the 4th Epoch. The era of the 4th Epoch will not be complete and the 5th Epoch cannot officially begin until the 4th Dispensational Resurrection occurs. So, when it does, the 5th Epoch will officially begin, and the planet will have had 4 Dispensational Resurrections. At that point, whether earthlings like it or not, we will all know we are on Urantia and the book will be our text.

Referring again to the chart, we can infer that since each Dispensational Resurrection in the past has occurred at or during the visitation on our planet by a celestial personality, a Magisterial Son or other individual, referred to in the book as someone having ‘standing’, to instigate the process. We can anticipate that this type of event will happen again. I can find no statement in the Urantia Papers that indicates just what will have to occur to trigger the next Dispensational Resurrection per se, but, since we have the papers themselves and since we are led to expect the arrival of our new Planetary Prince, it is not illogical to anticipate that somehow this event is on our horizon. We know the book tells us that the arrival of a Planetary Prince is always accompanied by a Dispensational Resurrection. Personally, I speculate that he will arrive with a staff of 100 or more Ascendant Citizens as did the original Prince. I even am willing to speculate that these 100 or more could possibly be picked from the sons and daughters of Adam who were removed from the planet as Adam and Eve left the first garden and have been held on Edentia ever since. After all these children of Adam are considered human since they were born on Urantia, yet most of them have little or no material level experience and many did not have thought adjusters when they were taken away. It is also possible that only those who had not received thought adjusters prior to Edentia will be returned so they may obtain them as human children. It is not unmerciful to consider that Michael might grant these, our brothers and sisters, a ‘second chance’ to experience becoming human adults and pursue their divine destiny as we do. Remember, there are no shortcuts to Paradise, going back to fill in blanks seems to be a norm in Nebadon.

Just to reiterate and consider the numbers, Adam and Eve had 1,647 pure line descendants at the time of the departure from Eden. 2/3 of those over the age of choice, 20 years old, went to Edentia and all of those below this age. The true count of children taken to Edentia is not stated but we are told that Adam and Eve lost more than ¾ of their family that day after they left the garden. ¾ of 1,647 tells us that a little more than 1,235 children went to Edentia. Maybe the Planetary Prince will bring them all back with him, but I am just guessing. That would make quite a splash here, wouldn’t it? Suddenly, 1,235 earth born human beings with little or no human history but with 34,000 plus or minus years of celestial history show up here to experience what human is really like while they teach us what celestial really means using the Urantia Book as their text. They are Urantians in waiting, having never finished their lives as human. They didn’t die and move on, they were sidelined, held in Edentia until a plan could be worked out for them. It only seems logical and proper that they would be offered the chance to resume their journey right where they left off.

We are in the dispensation of the Master Son and are supposed to be aware of our place in the universe; that is what the book is here for among many other things. As a planetary society we have an abundance of remedial work to do. We have to get ourselves out of the rebellion rut as I described in my story, The Fifth Epoch. A solution like this would go along way in facilitating that.

Please understand that I realize I am speculating. You may say speculation is always false and detrimental, but even the Midwayers forecasted in their presentations. So, let’s say I am forecasting. I am trying to assemble the data we have with the spiritual insight I have experienced to see if I can more clearly determine the will of God going forward.

We are told to be forward looking.

Jim

Where to begin.....

Wow!! Do you mean the will of God for all of us Jim????!!!!! Still speaking for God I see! Recently you presumed or pretended to actually quote God and command what all humans must do. Here you are hoping, by the so called and claimed "spiritual insight" you have experienced, to "determine the will of God going forward".

Also, we are not in the dispensation of the Master Son. Indeed there is no such thing. Good Grief. But not the end of misstatements and misrepresentation. Not hardly.

Adam and Eve's pure line descendants are not human beings Jim! No beings are considered human or mortal except those born to material born parents. Again you seek to rewrite the Revelation to suite your own preferences and beliefs and predictions and prejudices. Some celestials (very few indeed) are eligible to be "humanized" by receiving an Adjuster but none such are ever considered human... after all.

I can see you are into the signs and wonders business there Preacher!! Speaking of Adam and Eve.... the UB says impatience was their downfall and warns us about the folly of such immaturity and the lack of faith portrayed by sign seekers too!

No one says, or should say, that "speculation is always false and detrimental". Paper tiger and straw man. Your so called spiritual insight and predictions (or forecasting) certainly does contradict the UB in multiple ways however. As previously pointed out.

As to being "forward looking".... hmmmm... I missed that commandment somewhere. But there are quotes about being forward looking, not one of which has anything at all to do with forecasting or predicting event triggers or planetary visitations or dispensations however. For example:

2:7.10 (43.3) The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness. Such a new and righteous vision of morality will attract all that is good in the mind of man and challenge that which is best in the human soul. Truth, beauty, and goodness are divine realities, and as man ascends the scale of spiritual living, these supreme qualities of the Eternal become increasingly co-ordinated and unified in God, who is love.

Me here: Paper 52 offers a description of the Planetary Mortal Epochs of Time. I look forward to any text and quote regarding "the dispensation of the Master Son". You are so wrong here about so much. What then shall we believe of your speculations based on so much that is false I wonder??

Keyword search results for "dispensation":

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/se ... &op=Search

"Dispensational":

Most dispensational events and resurrections are NOT associated with a Prince or a material presence of the attending and ministering Son. If one were to study and believe the text. Please be advised that I am NOT predicting or forecasting what will not happen or when it won't happen OR what will happen or how soon. The whole business stinks and is an exercise of superstitions and primitivism and sign seeking and wonder hoping. It is irrational and insulting frankly.

20:2.3 (225.2) Avonals are the Paradise Sons of service and bestowal to the individual planets of the local universes. And since each Avonal Son has an exclusive personality, since no two are alike, their work is individually unique in the realms of their sojourn, where they are often incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh and sometimes are born of earthly mothers on the evolutionary worlds.

20:2.4 (225.3) In addition to their services on the higher administrative levels, the Avonals have a threefold function on the inhabited worlds:

20:2.5 (225.4) 1. Judicial Actions. They act at the close of the planetary dispensations. In time, scores—hundreds—of such missions may be executed on each individual world, and they may go to the same or to other worlds times without number as dispensation terminators, liberators of the sleeping survivors.

20:2.6 (225.5) 2. Magisterial Missions. A planetary visitation of this type usually occurs prior to the arrival of a bestowal Son. On such a mission an Avonal appears as an adult of the realm by a technique of incarnation not involving mortal birth. Subsequent to this first and usual magisterial visit, Avonals may repeatedly serve in a magisterial capacity on the same planet both before and after the appearance of the bestowal Son. On these additional magisterial missions an Avonal may or may not appear in material and visible form, but on none of them will he be born into the world as a helpless babe.

20:2.7 (225.6) 3. Bestowal Missions. The Avonal Sons do all, at least once, bestow themselves upon some mortal race on some evolutionary world. Judicial visits are numerous, magisterial missions may be plural, but on each planet there appears but one bestowal Son. Bestowal Avonals are born of woman as Michael of Nebadon was incarnated on Urantia.

20:2.8 (225.7) There is no limit to the number of times the Avonal Sons may serve on magisterial and on bestowal missions, but usually, when the experience has been seven times traversed, there is suspension in favor of those who have had less of such service. These Sons of multiple bestowal experience are then assigned to the high personal council of a Creator Son, thus becoming participants in the administration of universe affairs.

20:2.9 (225.8) In all their work for and on the inhabited worlds, the Magisterial Sons are assisted by two orders of local universe creatures, the Melchizedeks and the archangels, while on bestowal missions they are also accompanied by the Brilliant Evening Stars, likewise of origin in the local creations. In every planetary effort the secondary Paradise Sons, the Avonals, are supported by the full power and authority of a primary Paradise Son, the Creator Son of their local universe of service. To all intents and purposes their work on the inhabited spheres is just as effective and acceptable as would have been the service of a Creator Son upon such worlds of mortal habitation.

PostPosted:  

You are correct Brad. Adam and Eve's direct offspring are not technically human but they are mortal, see 51:1.8.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
You are correct Brad. Adam and Eve's direct offspring are not technically human but they are mortal, see 51:1.8.

And yet they are not and are never mortals. Still wrong Jim... about so many claims here. It's not a technical issue or claim Jim. They are neither humans nor mortals (only humans are also mortals). Kind of a big deal really.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:39 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
A Triggering Event

Jim

I don't think any real religionist or believer or UB student has been waiting for anything Jim. I know you await signs and wonders and miraculous events. So many of us have labored to create 20 translations and print a million UBs and globalize the dissemi nation of the 5th Epochal Revelation freely in digital format, raising many tens of millions of dollars and raising an army of tens of thousands of eager and faithful volunteers and servants across 4 generations of readers while building teams and initiatives and sustainable infrastructures to support the world's discovery of the UB over the coming generations and centuries.

Speak for yourself Jim. You've been waiting perhaps. But that's just you still presuming to speak for others, even all others. I have full confidence in the Most Highs to successfully lead Urantia to a full appreciation of this Epochal Revelation.

The event was the delivery of the Epochal Revelation Jim. It's here. The good seed has been planted. It has been and is now being sown around the world in many ways by many servants of truth. The UB describes so many Spirit ministries and celestial agencies charged with planetary and personal destiny. Perhaps they know what they are doing??

The entire UB is all about celestial reality Jim... and planetary evolutionary progress which does not require or depend on miracles and signs and wonders either.

I can assure you the UB describes the authority and the authorization for Urantia's epochal transformation and inevitable destiny in Light and Life. It's all described in great detail Jim. Why don't you ask about that if you want to know rather than make false proclamations??

The UB itself declares there have been 5 Epochal Revelations and it is the 5th. The UB is the revelation of truth. You wait for something that has already arrived!!

"Qualifies the book" for what? As what? Text please!

Your chart and the so called 5th Epoch is your invention and a fiction not sourced from the UB. The 4th dispensational resurrection you require and expect is also an event of your own imagination and self suggestion and its timing could not be more irrelevant a date to students of the UB.

This entire prediction and triggering event is a farce and example of the mind at mischief and the power of self delusion and deception we witness here.

8)

Our world can have special resurrections any time and without limit. No need to wait for any dispensational visitations or the arrival of any particular personages. Did you miss that quote?

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:14 am +0000, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted:  

75:7.5 1. Adam and Eve, like their fellows on Jerusem, maintained immortal status through intellectual association with the mind-gravity circuit of the Spirit. When this vital sustenance is broken by mental disjunction, then, regardless of the spiritual level of creature existence, immortality status is lost. Mortal status followed by physical dissolution was the inevitable consequence of the intellectual default of Adam and Eve.

75:7.6 2. The Material Son and Daughter of Urantia, being also personalized in the similitude of the mortal flesh of this world, were further dependent on the maintenance of a dual circulatory system, the one derived from their physical natures, the other from the superenergy stored in the fruit of the tree of life. Always had the archangel custodian admonished Adam and Eve that default of trust would culminate in degradation of status, and access to this source of energy was denied them subsequent to their default.

How can we not conclude that their offspring, being born on Urantia as material beings were not also of mortal status?

PostPosted:  

So... we are going to pick nits and swallow camels, eh?

Very good. Let us study the definition of mortals and humans vs. mortal and mortality and mortal status. While we ignore the obvious falsehoods you declare here.

:roll:

So... to begin... the text you posted and the Paper itself describes the material degradation of their bodies and material mortality as a consequence of their mission default. It does not say their actual status changed from Material Son and Daughter to mortals or humans. Please pay attention. Are Adam and Eve now human too and still do you claim? What is their status? For mortals are considered mortals even in Finality!

Mortals are born as near-animals but with attachment to the 6th and 7th Adjutant Spirits of Worship and Wisdom - which makes us humans, differentiated from animals AND celestials. Material Sons and Daughters are not connected to the Adjutant ministry. Neither are their direct full blooded descendants. Don't know about half breeds but I suspect they are connected to the Adjutants same as full blooded humans/mortals.

There are many differences between mortals/humans and our celestial cousins. One great difference is the mind ministry and connection. Mortals all begin attached to the Adjutants. No other being does. The ministry of the Adjuster is also unique. As is fusion!!

These are we rather basic points Jim. But there's more. Be back soon...

34:4.9 (378.3) The superevolutionary orders of personality in a local universe are endowed with the local universe type of the superuniverse pattern of mind. The human and the subhuman orders of evolutionary life are endowed with the adjutant spirit types of mind ministration.

34:5.3 (379.3) Mortal man first experiences the ministry of the Spirit in conjunction with mind when the purely animal mind of evolutionary creatures develops reception capacity for the adjutants of worship and of wisdom. This ministry of the sixth and seventh adjutants indicates mind evolution crossing the threshold of spiritual ministry. And immediately are such minds of worship- and wisdom-function included in the spiritual circuits of the Divine Minister.

PostPosted:  

Elsewhere on this same claim, you wrote: "But, as I said in my essay, we have no "Son in Standing" like a Planetary Prince so a new celestial visitation would be required to enable it. Someone like a Titular Prince and/or an Avonal would be necessary."

You also claimed that there is a dispensational resurrection with each Epochal Revelation. Well....except Machiventa's Epochal Revelation. You kind of choke on that bone it seems. You claim that we have no Planetary Prince... but we do. We have two. Michael and Machiventa as his Vicegerent. You have claimed Machiventa does not qualify for or have the credentials of a "Son in Standing". A phrase and title I can find no record or mention of in the UB. You disparage Machiventa Jim. Very strange. But of course you must to make your proclamation fit your fantasy... and your chart!!

Machiventa is a Son in Standing by any definition you might wish to give this made up phrase and title!! Standing with whom I wonder? Is Michael a Son in Standing Jim?

You also falsely claim that planetary resurrections of sleeping survivors requires the physical, on planet presence of a celestial, specifically a so called Son in Standing (a term of your own imagination and invention). This is certainly not true. You offer no supporting text... and there is none to offer. More Jimisms.

49:6.1 (568.4) All of the differing physical types and planetary series of mortals alike enjoy the ministry of Thought Adjusters, guardian angels, and the various orders of the messenger hosts of the Infinite Spirit. All alike are liberated from the bonds of flesh by the emancipation of natural death, and all alike go thence to the morontia worlds of spiritual evolution and mind progress.

49:6.2 (568.5) From time to time, on motion of the planetary authorities or the system rulers, special resurrections of the sleeping survivors are conducted. Such resurrections occur at least every millennium of planetary time, when not all but “many of those who sleep in the dust awake.” These special resurrections are the occasion for mobilizing special groups of ascenders for specific service in the local universe plan of mortal ascension. There are both practical reasons and sentimental associations connected with these special resurrections.

49:6.3 (568.6) Throughout the earlier ages of an inhabited world, many are called to the mansion spheres at the special and the millennial resurrections, but most survivors are repersonalized at the inauguration of a new dispensation associated with the advent of a divine Son of planetary service.

8)

45:4.16 (514.6) 14. Machiventa Melchizedek, the only Son of this order to bestow himself upon the Urantia races. While still numbered as a Melchizedek, he has become “forever a minister of the Most Highs,” eternally assuming the assignment of service as a mortal ascender, having sojourned on Urantia in the likeness of mortal flesh at Salem in the days of Abraham. This Melchizedek has latterly been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia with headquarters on Jerusem and authority to act in behalf of Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince of the world whereon he experienced his terminal bestowal in human form. Notwithstanding this, Urantia is still supervised by successive resident governors general, members of the four and twenty counselors.

Me here: Paper 55 is about the distant and inevitable destiny of our world - Light and Life. That which Jim demands must happen now and is imminent appears likely to take a few years longer - perhaps ages of time.. I suggest Jim that you change your assumptions and presumptions and inferences and suppositions and speculations and your chart to accommodate the reality perspective in the Papers.

55:7.3 (632.2) When such an era is attained on your world, no doubt Machiventa Melchizedek, now the vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, will occupy the seat of the Planetary Sovereign; and it has long been conjectured on Jerusem that he will be accompanied by a son and daughter of the Urantia Adam and Eve who are now held on Edentia as wards of the Most Highs of Norlatiadek. These children of Adam might so serve on Urantia in association with the Melchizedek-Sovereign since they were deprived of procreative powers almost 37,000 years ago at the time they gave up their material bodies on Urantia in preparation for transit to Edentia.

Me here: If I were to speculate and predict the future, I think I would include this very special Son in my reckoning!! And consider first the speculations of the authors of the UB, including perhaps the Melchizedek who wrote Paper 93! I wonder Jim if this vision and opinion might be superior to your own????? For those who seek knowledge, truth, and understanding, the UB offers much but it so often will not confirm or support the fantasies and prejudices we refuse to release or the immaturities and impatience and petty demands we insist upon... or charts we draw.

93:10.3 (1024.5) Machiventa Melchizedek continued to take a great interest in the affairs of the descendants of those men who had believed in his teachings when he was in the flesh. But the progeny of Abraham through Isaac as intermarried with the Kenites were the only line which long continued to nourish any clear concept of the Salem teachings.

93:10.4 (1024.6) This same Melchizedek continued to collaborate throughout the nineteen succeeding centuries with the many prophets and seers, thus endeavoring to keep alive the truths of Salem until the fullness of the time for Michael’s appearance on earth.

93:10.5 (1025.1) Machiventa continued as a planetary receiver up to the times of the triumph of Michael on Urantia. Subsequently, he was attached to the Urantia service on Jerusem as one of the four and twenty directors, only just recently having been elevated to the position of personal ambassador on Jerusem of the Creator Son, bearing the title Vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia. It is our belief that, as long as Urantia remains an inhabited planet, Machiventa Melchizedek will not be fully returned to the duties of his order of sonship but will remain, speaking in the terms of time, forever a planetary minister representing Christ Michael.

93:10.6 (1025.2) As his was an emergency bestowal on Urantia, it does not appear from the records what Machiventa’s future may be. It may develop that the Melchizedek corps of Nebadon have sustained the permanent loss of one of their number. Recent rulings handed down from the Most Highs of Edentia, and later confirmed by the Ancients of Days of Uversa, strongly suggest that this bestowal Melchizedek is destined to take the place of the fallen Planetary Prince, Caligastia. If our conjectures in this respect are correct, it is altogether possible that Machiventa Melchizedek may again appear in person on Urantia and in some modified manner resume the role of the dethroned Planetary Prince, or else appear on earth to function as vicegerent Planetary Prince representing Christ Michael, who now actually holds the title of Planetary Prince of Urantia. While it is far from clear to us as to what Machiventa’s destiny may be, nevertheless, events which have so recently taken place strongly suggest that the foregoing conjectures are probably not far from the truth.

93:10.7 (1025.3) We well understand how, by his triumph on Urantia, Michael became the successor of both Caligastia and Adam; how he became the planetary Prince of Peace and the second Adam. And now we behold the conferring upon this Melchizedek of the title Vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia. Will he also be constituted Vicegerent Material Son of Urantia? Or is there a possibility that an unexpected and unprecedented event is to take place, the sometime return to the planet of Adam and Eve or certain of their progeny as representatives of Michael with the titles vicegerents of the second Adam of Urantia?

93:10.8 (1025.4) And all these speculations associated with the certainty of future appearances of both Magisterial and Trinity Teacher Sons, in conjunction with the explicit promise of the Creator Son to return sometime, make Urantia a planet of future uncertainty and render it one of the most interesting and intriguing spheres in all the universe of Nebadon. It is altogether possible that, in some future age when Urantia is approaching the era of light and life, after the affairs of the Lucifer rebellion and the Caligastia secession have been finally adjudicated, we may witness the presence on Urantia, simultaneously, of Machiventa, Adam, Eve, and Christ Michael, as well as either a Magisterial Son or even Trinity Teacher Sons.

93:10.9 (1025.5) It has long been the opinion of our order that Machiventa’s presence on the Jerusem corps of Urantia directors, the four and twenty counselors, is sufficient evidence to warrant the belief that he is destined to follow the mortals of Urantia on through the universe scheme of progression and ascension even to the Paradise Corps of the Finality. We know that Adam and Eve are thus destined to accompany their earth fellows on the Paradise adventure when Urantia has become settled in light and life.

93:10.10 (1025.6) Less than a thousand years ago this same Machiventa Melchizedek, the onetime sage of Salem, was invisibly present on Urantia for a period of one hundred years, acting as resident governor general of the planet; and if the present system of directing planetary affairs should continue, he will be due to return in the same capacity in a little over one thousand years.

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

It appears Jim that you do not believe or understand or appreciate the presentations in the Papers of our planetary situation, destiny, and leadership. You also seem very impatient to witness very specific outcomes of personal preference related to our world's evolutionary progress. Indeed you act quite anxious and doubtful about the future as well as disappointed in the past.

The reality perspective provided in the UB should alleviate such anxieties and inspire confidence in the certain progress already achieved and still to come. The 5th Epochal Revelation is an enduring gift of great power giving the transformational light of knowledge and truth to our world for many generations still to come. It arrived at a very specific intersection of time by a very keen sense of timing to become universally available in ways no other Epochal Revelation ever has been or could possibly before this time.

The nearly perfect gift at nearly the perfect time. That fact itself should impress upon us that the Most Highs indeed know what they are about. You seek signs and wonders and triggers when we should all discern their fact and function and results all around us all the time!! Time is now exploding in a rushing current of change, a torrent of progressive change charged with opportunities and potential. Only the blind cannot see the trajectory of evolutionary progress on our world through the lens of the UB. It is unmistakable and irrefutable and inspiring to behold!

But the UB is clear nonetheless. What happens on this world and what does not happen is not the business of tadpoles and pilgrims. No matter the circumstances and situations, no matter if calamity comes and plans crash, no matter our confusions and uncertainties and frustrations and disappointments and failures, we are each to have faith and hope and assurance and love and loyalty and courage and resolve and serve one another. And we are to do so without signs or wonders or waiting for triggers.

May all who seek find this truth in the gift we share here together.

Bradly. 8)

100:2.2 (1095.6) Spiritual growth is first an awakening to needs, next a discernment of meanings, and then a discovery of values. The evidence of true spiritual development consists in the exhibition of a human personality motivated by love, activated by unselfish ministry, and dominated by the wholehearted worship of the perfection ideals of divinity. And this entire experience constitutes the reality of religion as contrasted with mere theological beliefs.

100:2.3 (1095.7) Religion can progress to that level of experience whereon it becomes an enlightened and wise technique of spiritual reaction to the universe. Such a glorified religion can function on three levels of human personality: the intellectual, the morontial, and the spiritual; upon the mind, in the evolving soul, and with the indwelling spirit.

100:2.4 (1096.1) Spirituality becomes at once the indicator of one’s nearness to God and the measure of one’s usefulness to fellow beings. Spirituality enhances the ability to discover beauty in things, recognize truth in meanings, and discover goodness in values. Spiritual development is determined by capacity therefor and is directly proportional to the elimination of the selfish qualities of love.

100:2.5 (1096.2) Actual spiritual status is the measure of Deity attainment, Adjuster attunement. The achievement of finality of spirituality is equivalent to the attainment of the maximum of reality, the maximum of Godlikeness. Eternal life is the endless quest for infinite values.

100:2.6 (1096.3) The goal of human self-realization should be spiritual, not material. The only realities worth striving for are divine, spiritual, and eternal. Mortal man is entitled to the enjoyment of physical pleasures and to the satisfaction of human affections; he is benefited by loyalty to human associations and temporal institutions; but these are not the eternal foundations upon which to build the immortal personality which must transcend space, vanquish time, and achieve the eternal destiny of divine perfection and finaliter service.

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

8)

114:7.14 (1258.6) Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain of the local universe circuits to produce a feeling of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is operative on the planet a very definite and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.

114:7.15 (1258.7) But it is true that you can have, at best, only a meager idea of an ideal planetary government. Since the early times of the Planetary Prince, Urantia has suffered from the miscarriage of the divine plan of world growth and racial development. The loyal inhabited worlds of Satania are not governed as is Urantia. Nevertheless, compared with the other isolated worlds, your planetary governments have not been so inferior; only one or two worlds may be said to be worse, and a few may be slightly better, but the majority are on a plane of equality with you.

114:7.16 (1259.1) No one in the local universe seems to know when the unsettled status of the planetary administration will terminate. The Nebadon Melchizedeks are inclined to the opinion that little change will occur in the planetary government and administration until Michael’s second personal arrival on Urantia. Undoubtedly at this time, if not before, sweeping changes will be effected in planetary management. But as to the nature of such modifications of world administration, no one seems to be able even to conjecture. There is no precedent for such an episode in all the history of the inhabited worlds of the universe of Nebadon. Among the many things difficult to understand concerning the future government of Urantia, a prominent one is the location on the planet of a circuit and divisional headquarters of the archangels.

114:7.17 (1259.2) Your isolated world is not forgotten in the counsels of the universe. Urantia is not a cosmic orphan stigmatized by sin and shut away from divine watchcare by rebellion. From Uversa to Salvington and on down to Jerusem, even in Havona and on Paradise, they all know we are here; and you mortals now dwelling on Urantia are just as lovingly cherished and just as faithfully watched over as if the sphere had never been betrayed by a faithless Planetary Prince, even more so. It is eternally true, “the Father himself loves you.”

119:8.8 (1319.1) Urantia is the sentimental shrine of all Nebadon, the chief of ten million inhabited worlds, the mortal home of Christ Michael, sovereign of all Nebadon, a Melchizedek minister to the realms, a system savior, an Adamic redeemer, a seraphic fellow, an associate of ascending spirits, a morontia progressor, a Son of Man in the likeness of mortal flesh, and the Planetary Prince of Urantia. And your record tells the truth when it says that this same Jesus has promised sometime to return to the world of his terminal bestowal, the World of the Cross.

Hallelujah and Amen!! :wink: :biggrin: :idea: :!: 8)

PostPosted:  

This topic and Jim's beliefs expressed here provide us an opportunity to explore an important issue presented in the UB, especially the King Making Episode and Crisis at Capernaum. There are many believers who, like Jim, await certain signs and portend such wonders and miracles. Christianity has daily predicted and anticipated the Second Coming and the Rapture and Armageddon for 2000 years and counting. But even long before this form of sign seeking, humanity has long imagined that every falling star or eclipse or solstice or drought or flood or war or rumor of war was an omen or sign from the gods. The UB teaches us that such primitivism and superstition is a fear based and faithless exhibition of our evolutionary past.

What Jim preaches here is the antithesis of the Revelation and violates the methods of the Master and the Most Highs and all who minister to our world and deliver our evolutionary march toward planetary destiny. Truly nothing could be more irrelevant to any of us or to our planetary progress than Jim's trigger events and hopes for signs and wonders. No world is delivered from the requirements and the momentum of evolutionary change by the freewill choices of EACH person based on their individual and personal faith experience and spiritual progress. Evolution cannot be hurried or abrogated by power and authority!!!

There is real danger, here at TruthBook, and the larger UB student body, that Jim's sermons and beliefs and profound distortions of the teachings are found credible or believed or adopted by others as somehow representative of the Revelation or the reality perspective within that gift. Dangerous indeed. Jim is not only wrong in his premise and conclusion and his table and his chart but he is so very wrong in his very expectations and anxieties and disappointments. All here, and everywhere, are free to believe whatever we wish. And our beliefs, even when wrong, cannot and do not prevent our salvation and eternal adventure. But such beliefs as presented here defy and contradict the UB itself. And they are a poison in the well of study and students of the Revelation. Make no mistake about it.

The UB teaches us that no one should be waiting for anything... ever. No tadpole should need signs or wonders or celestials or miracles or second comings or arrivals of hosts or ghosts to be about God’s business of personal spiritization and service to others. The UB teaches us that we are each and all Divinely endowed and connected to Spirit already and have everything needed for our salvation, progress, and eternal adventure. We lack nothing. We wait for nothing. Our world lacks nothing and awaits no one and nothing. There are no shortcuts and there are no shortages of leadership or attention or results to be waiting for something or someone or some when!!!

The faithless require proof and evidence. And yet none of that will actually satisfy such doubters and weak minded ones who cannot find God within and the Divine Assurance without signs and wonders and miracles and authority! Such behavior would destroy true liberty and impose false liberty into the evolutionary perfecting process. All such hopes and sermons are no more than immaturity and impatience and demonstrate a lack of faith and confidence in leadership and the plans and wisdom of God's will and way.

The fact is, we are taught, that the Most Highs and agents of planetary ministry have never, ever used their power and authority to make public demonstrations to use shock and awe to "inspire" belief or obedience. Really.... all such demonstrations have been avoided, purposefully, because such methods do not bring meaningful insights or faith responses or spiritual progress or personal spiritization. Doesn't work that way. Jesus specifically and thoughtfully determined in the Perean Hills that he would not, intentionally at least, use any of his powers (as Creator of a universe) to influence any persona by signs and wonders and demonstrations of power.

136:6.6 (1518.5) The Jews were expecting a Messiah who would do even greater wonders than Moses, who was reputed to have brought forth water from the rock in a desert place and to have fed their forefathers with manna in the wilderness. Jesus knew the sort of Messiah his compatriots expected, and he had all the powers and prerogatives to measure up to their most sanguine expectations, but he decided against such a magnificent program of power and glory. Jesus looked upon such a course of expected miracle working as a harking back to the olden days of ignorant magic and the degraded practices of the savage medicine men. Possibly, for the salvation of his creatures, he might accelerate natural law, but to transcend his own laws, either for the benefit of himself or the overawing of his fellow men, that he would not do. And the Master’s decision was final.

136:6.7 (1518.6) Jesus sorrowed for his people; he fully understood how they had been led up to the expectation of the coming Messiah, the time when “the earth will yield its fruits ten thousandfold, and on one vine there will be a thousand branches, and each branch will produce a thousand clusters, and each cluster will produce a thousand grapes, and each grape will produce a gallon of wine.” The Jews believed the Messiah would usher in an era of miraculous plenty. The Hebrews had long been nurtured on traditions of miracles and legends of wonders.

136:6.8 (1519.1) He was not a Messiah coming to multiply bread and wine. He came not to minister to temporal needs only; he came to reveal his Father in heaven to his children on earth, while he sought to lead his earth children to join him in a sincere effort so to live as to do the will of the Father in heaven.

136:6.9 (1519.2) In this decision Jesus of Nazareth portrayed to an onlooking universe the folly and sin of prostituting divine talents and God-given abilities for personal aggrandizement or for purely selfish gain and glorification. That was the sin of Lucifer and Caligastia.

136:6.10 (1519.3) This great decision of Jesus portrays dramatically the truth that selfish satisfaction and sensuous gratification, alone and of themselves, are not able to confer happiness upon evolving human beings. There are higher values in mortal existence—intellectual mastery and spiritual achievement—which far transcend the necessary gratification of man’s purely physical appetites and urges. Man’s natural endowment of talent and ability should be chiefly devoted to the development and ennoblement of his higher powers of mind and spirit.

136:6.11 (1519.4) Jesus thus revealed to the creatures of his universe the technique of the new and better way, the higher moral values of living and the deeper spiritual satisfactions of evolutionary human existence on the worlds of space.

Me here: This truth was fully demonstrated by the fallacy and ineffectiveness of "wonder-food" and "wonder-working" when Jesus fed the 5000 with the endless loaves and fishes. Like Jim, the Apostles always expected Jesus to seize material power and setup a material kingdom by miracles and demonstrations of angelic hosts and armies of celestials. They too had personal aspirations about their importance in this new kingdom and imagined themselves in seats of honor and power because of their own specialness and nearness to Jesus!! What presumptive arrogance. And folly.

152:3.1 (1702.2) The feeding of the five thousand by supernatural energy was another of those cases where human pity plus creative power equaled that which happened. Now that the multitude had been fed to the full, and since Jesus’ fame was then and there augmented by this stupendous wonder, the project to seize the Master and proclaim him king required no further personal direction. The idea seemed to spread through the crowd like a contagion. The reaction of the multitude to this sudden and spectacular supplying of their physical needs was profound and overwhelming. For a long time the Jews had been taught that the Messiah, the son of David, when he should come, would cause the land again to flow with milk and honey, and that the bread of life would be bestowed upon them as manna from heaven was supposed to have fallen upon their forefathers in the wilderness. And was not all of this expectation now fulfilled right before their eyes? When this hungry, undernourished multitude had finished gorging itself with the wonder-food, there was but one unanimous reaction: “Here is our king.” The wonder-working deliverer of Israel had come. In the eyes of these simple-minded people the power to feed carried with it the right to rule. No wonder, then, that the multitude, when it had finished feasting, rose as one man and shouted, “Make him king!”

152:3.2 (1702.3) This mighty shout enthused Peter and those of the apostles who still retained the hope of seeing Jesus assert his right to rule. But these false hopes were not to live for long. This mighty shout of the multitude had hardly ceased to reverberate from the near-by rocks when Jesus stepped upon a huge stone and, lifting up his right hand to command their attention, said: “My children, you mean well, but you are shortsighted and material-minded.” There was a brief pause; this stalwart Galilean was there majestically posed in the enchanting glow of that eastern twilight. Every inch he looked a king as he continued to speak to this breathless multitude: “You would make me king, not because your souls have been lighted with a great truth, but because your stomachs have been filled with bread. How many times have I told you that my kingdom is not of this world? This kingdom of heaven which we proclaim is a spiritual brotherhood, and no man rules over it seated upon a material throne. My Father in heaven is the all-wise and the all-powerful Ruler over this spiritual brotherhood of the sons of God on earth. Have I so failed in revealing to you the Father of spirits that you would make a king of his Son in the flesh! Now all of you go hence to your own homes. If you must have a king, let the Father of lights be enthroned in the heart of each of you as the spirit Ruler of all things.”

152:3.3 (1702.4) These words of Jesus sent the multitude away stunned and disheartened. Many who had believed in him turned back and followed him no more from that day. The apostles were speechless; they stood in silence gathered about the twelve baskets of the fragments of food; only the chore boy, the Mark lad, spoke, “And he refused to be our king.” Jesus, before going off to be alone in the hills, turned to Andrew and said: “Take your brethren back to Zebedee’s house and pray with them, especially for your brother, Simon Peter.”

152:5.3 (1704.2) “How long shall I bear with you? Are you all slow of spiritual comprehension and deficient in living faith? All these months have I taught you the truths of the kingdom, and yet are you dominated by material motives instead of spiritual considerations. Have you not even read in the Scriptures where Moses exhorted the unbelieving children of Israel, saying: ‘Fear not, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord’? Said the singer: ‘Put your trust in the Lord.’ ‘Be patient, wait upon the Lord and be of good courage. He shall strengthen your heart.’ ‘Cast your burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain you. Trust him at all times and pour out your heart to him, for God is your refuge.’ ‘He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.’ ‘It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in human princes.’

152:5.4 (1704.3) “And now do you all see that the working of miracles and the performance of material wonders will not win souls for the spiritual kingdom? We fed the multitude, but it did not lead them to hunger for the bread of life neither to thirst for the waters of spiritual righteousness. When their hunger was satisfied, they sought not entrance into the kingdom of heaven but rather sought to proclaim the Son of Man king after the manner of the kings of this world, only that they might continue to eat bread without having to toil therefor. And all this, in which many of you did more or less participate, does nothing to reveal the heavenly Father or to advance his kingdom on earth. Have we not sufficient enemies among the religious leaders of the land without doing that which is likely to estrange also the civil rulers? I pray that the Father will anoint your eyes that you may see and open your ears that you may hear, to the end that you may have full faith in the gospel which I have taught you.”

Me here: And the next day....

153:2.4 (1710.2) “What is it you seek as evidence of my mission on earth? We have left you undisturbed in your positions of influence and power while we preached glad tidings to the poor and the outcast. We have made no hostile attack upon that which you hold in reverence but have rather proclaimed new liberty for man’s fear-ridden soul. I came into the world to reveal my Father and to establish on earth the spiritual brotherhood of the sons of God, the kingdom of heaven. And notwithstanding that I have so many times reminded you that my kingdom is not of this world, still has my Father granted you many manifestations of material wonders in addition to more evidential spiritual transformations and regenerations.

153:2.5 (1710.3) “What new sign is it that you seek at my hands? I declare that you already have sufficient evidence to enable you to make your decision. Verily, verily, I say to many who sit before me this day, you are confronted with the necessity of choosing which way you will go; and I say to you, as Joshua said to your forefathers, ‘choose you this day whom you will serve.’ Today, many of you stand at the parting of the ways.

153:2.6 (1710.4) “Some of you, when you could not find me after the feasting of the multitude on the other side, hired the Tiberias fishing fleet, which a week before had taken shelter near by during a storm, to go in pursuit of me, and what for? Not for truth and righteousness or that you might the better know how to serve and minister to your fellow men! No, but rather that you might have more bread for which you had not labored. It was not to fill your souls with the word of life, but only that you might fill the belly with the bread of ease. And long have you been taught that the Messiah, when he should come, would work those wonders which would make life pleasant and easy for all the chosen people. It is not strange, then, that you who have been thus taught should long for the loaves and the fishes. But I declare to you that such is not the mission of the Son of Man. I have come to proclaim spiritual liberty, teach eternal truth, and foster living faith.

153:2.7 (1710.5) “My brethren, hanker not after the meat which perishes but rather seek for the spiritual food that nourishes even to eternal life; and this is the bread of life which the Son gives to all who will take it and eat, for the Father has given the Son this life without measure. And when you asked me, ‘What must we do to perform the works of God?’ I plainly told you: ‘This is the work of God, that you believe him whom he has sent.’”

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:32 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Just to be clear, I have come to know Jim as a sincere religionist and truth seeker over the past decade here at TruthBook. I also support the right for anyone to form a church and start a religion. A new and evolutionary religion based on Epochal or personal revelation is nothing new or alarming. The UB teaches that any religion and every religion offers value to the religionist to the degree that it supports the individual connection to Spirit and personal spiritual growth. The UB also teaches us that spiritual growth happens for the sincere of heart no matter how false our beliefs.

My opinions and beliefs or nothing I say should be construed as superior in meaning or value to any other tadpole's opinions and beliefs. However, here we discuss the text of the UB and here we compare our personal beliefs and perspective to that reality perspective presented in the UB. Or that is my understanding of the Guidelines here and the historical record. And the repeated claims and predictions of pending and eminent celestial and planetary governance dispensations and the requirement of such events for the success of the UB and planetary destinies certainly should be scrutinized, compared to text, and challenged.

So... it has now been about 12 years since Jim George and Robert Sarmast announced their new religion and church here at TruthBook (back in 2009). And their church was relaunched in August of 2016, also announced here at TruthBook. They changed their target audience/congregation in 2016 from UB students (2009) to non-readers (2016), determined to restate the UB teachings into creeds, a distillation if you will. I wonder if the failures to successfully launch have led to this more recent notion and belief that their success requires this triggering event??

Jim and Robert have been preaching and proselytizing here for a long, long time. With little result. Three years ago Jim began announcing an imminent visitation and dispensational "adjustment" to planetary affairs. Here, Jim claims to have been waiting at the starting line, butt in air. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Looking for signs and wonders. Trying to read God's mind while telling us here God's will.

This particular topic and title is only the latest such prediction and is not a new prediction but merely a repetition of the same old perennial "forecast". Jim's modus operandi is very familiar to any true student of the UB and/or religious psychology of priests and channelers and fortune tellers and other mediums. The UB describes the superstitious origins of the powers and methods and tools of priests to appeal to the gullible and the fearful.

You will (or should) notice that Jim is always informing us of what we are not doing that we should be doing and telling us what we should be doing instead. Jim is always disappointed in others (especially UBreaders who resist or ignore his sermonizing) and in Urantia organizations (they have persistently refused to sponsor or support his church and religion) and he is very disappointed in Urantia's evolutionary progress and is so eager/impatient for radical and immediatechanges in both behaviors and results. Jim also has a great confidence in his ability to speak to God and to hear God's voice. He has even quoted God here at TruthBook recently. So Jim believes his knowledge and position are quite sound and connected - despite all contradiction to the Papers.

It should be obvious by now that Jim is not here as a student and does not present or represent the teachings of that text we are supposed to study here. The protection he has received here to freely contradict the Revelation so long as he does so in the anything goes "Essays and Speeches" section is a wonder. For here too is to be found endless contradictions and misrepresentations of the teachings. Endless.

Anyway.... it is important that such voices be allowed a hearing I suppose. Readers and believers must discern and must choose truth. I am reminded of the season of debate and discussion during the beginning of the rebellion. From Jerusem to Dalamatia the voices of rebellion and sedition were allowed for a season.

To be clear- there is no "Triggering Event". There is no "Correcting Time". There will be no end times of rapture or armageddon. We tadpoles have no need for any such predictions or adjudications or dispensations or epochs. There are no mortals who speak for God or are God's intermediaries or are privey to universe news or broadcasts. The UB teaches that our world enjoys great status and leadership and we may have confidence in planetary management and destiny.

We have lately been given a great gift of Epochal Revelation but no mortals need that either for salvation and the eternal adventure or personal connection to Deity. You may follow Jim and his religion and fables and forecasts and sermons and his version of God's will.... or you may follow the Spirit within. They are certainly not the same. Choose well.

For those who wish to review and consider a history of Jim's and Robert's historical sermons, essays, proclamations, of God’s will, claims, forecasts, and predictions. Posted in reverse order, oldest last:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5915

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5856

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5457

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5280

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5276

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5263

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3127&p=35489#p35489

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3126

8)

PostPosted:  

100:3.3 “In the contemplation of values you must distinguish between that which is value and that which has value. You must recognize the relation between pleasurable activities and their meaningful integration and enhanced realization on ever progressively higher and higher levels of human experience.”

Each of us must come to our own senses and choose to experience our own discovery of value. The deeply challenging thing in this is that the decision to realize a value sense is a decision of our personal willpower but the sense of value we are deciding upon is “superideational”, it is not derived from our mind or intellect. Its source is spirit.

It is our person, our ‘I Am’, choosing by faith to allow the Adjuster to impart an unmistakable sense of reality, what the book calls “reality-ize” to us. Short of allowing the Adjuster this presence within us, we are left with attempting to replace the need for the sense of value through intellectual imagination. But, since we simply cannot imagine what the experience of the Adjuster is like, we fail. If we allow the Adjuster input we succeed. By this willful wrestling with our inner selves, we become conscious of God, and that only by “’sense', ‘feeling', ‘intuition', or ‘experience‘”. Our depth of awareness of this experience is the basis of our appreciation of “that which is value”. By our minds we become aware of our consciousness of these.

103:1.6 “The realization of the recognition of spiritual values is an experience which is superideational. There is no word in any human language which can be employed to designate this “sense,” “feeling,” “intuition,” or “experience” which we have elected to call God-consciousness. The spirit of God that dwells in man is not personal — the Adjuster is prepersonal — but this Monitor presents a value, exudes a flavor of divinity, which is personal in the highest and infinite sense. If God were not at least personal, he could not be conscious, and if not conscious, then would he be infrahuman.”

We must force ourselves to feast on this “flavor of divinity” that we will discover the value of God. We will not advance our cause to reveal the true Jesus to this world simply by our knowledge or belief, but by a greater and much higher (deeper) appreciation of God.

And what is our cause? 170:5.19 . . . “There must come a revival of the actual teachings of Jesus, such a restatement as will undo the work of his early followers who went about to create a sociophilosophical system of belief regarding the fact of Michael’s sojourn on earth.” And this same practice of creating a sociophilosophical system of belief is what is being done with the Urantia Book. It won't work!! Who here thinks we can "undo" Christianity by studying the Urantia Book. Who here would even try?

I believe the value of the Urantia Book in our time and age is greatly underestimated. It is upon this sense of value that we build both meaning and understanding. The reason we don’t get it is because we don’t realize how truly valuable it is. We spend so much time trying to understand it meanings but we can’t. At least not until we discover its value. Value comes first. Additionally, every time we allow ourselves a deeper sense of value appreciation, we must reassess our meanings. This is why the Urantia Book was presented the way it is. First the spirit then everything else. Understanding meanings first makes our beliefs rigid and unforgiving and we are not going to change either ourselves or our world that way.

With that said I stand by my essay. There is a great awakening on our horizon, even if it is generations in the future. It is what the book says. We each will experience it when we pass on but we needn’t wait. The spiritual awakening of the realization of the value of God is available now, to any who will.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
100:3.3 “In the contemplation of values you must distinguish between that which is value and that which has value. You must recognize the relation between pleasurable activities and their meaningful integration and enhanced realization on ever progressively higher and higher levels of human experience.”

Each of us must come to our own senses and choose to experience our own discovery of value. The deeply challenging thing in this is that the decision to realize a value sense is a decision of our personal willpower but the sense of value we are deciding upon is “superideational”, it is not derived from our mind or intellect. Its source is spirit.

It is our person, our ‘I Am’, choosing by faith to allow the Adjuster to impart an unmistakable sense of reality, what the book calls “reality-ize” to us. Short of allowing the Adjuster this presence within us, we are left with attempting to replace the need for the sense of value through intellectual imagination. But, since we simply cannot imagine what the experience of the Adjuster is like, we fail. If we allow the Adjuster input we succeed. By this willful wrestling with our inner selves, we become conscious of God, and that only by “’sense', ‘feeling', ‘intuition', or ‘experience‘”. Our depth of awareness of this experience is the basis of our appreciation of “that which is value”. By our minds we become aware of our consciousness of these.

103:1.6 “The realization of the recognition of spiritual values is an experience which is superideational. There is no word in any human language which can be employed to designate this “sense,” “feeling,” “intuition,” or “experience” which we have elected to call God-consciousness. The spirit of God that dwells in man is not personal — the Adjuster is prepersonal — but this Monitor presents a value, exudes a flavor of divinity, which is personal in the highest and infinite sense. If God were not at least personal, he could not be conscious, and if not conscious, then would he be infrahuman.”

We must force ourselves to feast on this “flavor of divinity” that we will discover the value of God. We will not advance our cause to reveal the true Jesus to this world simply by our knowledge or belief, but by a greater and much higher (deeper) appreciation of God.

And what is our cause? 170:5.19 . . . “There must come a revival of the actual teachings of Jesus, such a restatement as will undo the work of his early followers who went about to create a sociophilosophical system of belief regarding the fact of Michael’s sojourn on earth.” And this same practice of creating a sociophilosophical system of belief is what is being done with the Urantia Book. It won't work!! Who here thinks we can "undo" Christianity by studying the Urantia Book. Who here would even try?

I believe the value of the Urantia Book in our time and age is greatly underestimated. It is upon this sense of value that we build both meaning and understanding. The reason we don’t get it is because we don’t realize how truly valuable it is. We spend so much time trying to understand it meanings but we can’t. At least not until we discover its value. Value comes first. Additionally, every time we allow ourselves a deeper sense of value appreciation, we must reassess our meanings. This is why the Urantia Book was presented the way it is. First the spirit then everything else. Understanding meanings first makes our beliefs rigid and unforgiving and we are not going to change either ourselves or our world that way.

With that said I stand by my essay. There is a great awakening on our horizon, even if it is generations in the future. It is what the book says. We each will experience it when we pass on but we needn’t wait. The spiritual awakening of the realization of the value of God is available now, to any who will.

Jim

So now... something is going to happen sometime??? Maybe????

That's quite an equivocation there Jim. What happened to "Eminent" and "Trigger Event" and "Visible Celestial Visitation" and "New Planetary Prince" and "New Planetary Administration" and a momentous event that "Qualifies" the UB "to become appreciated"??? What happened to all those predictions??? Now you change your proclamations to simply claim something is on the horizon but we can each become more spiritual today.

Now, suddenly, you declare the obvious!! Everywhere and every day there is spiritual awakening and personal spiritization and realityization and our world itself slowly is becoming more spiritual in its evolutionary progress. Yes indeed!! It has been doing so for a million years now and continues. This is not new or eminent or any trigger event Jim... it is the norm. It is like sunshine and rain!! It is how planetary evolutionary progress works. You are forecasting sunshine and rain only now? You declare the obvious now as if someone was arguing against that. Nope. The argument is with all the false claims you have made before!! The ones you "stand by". What of those????

I wonder if the triggering event and spiritual awakening you wait for happened 2000 years ago by the utterly profound power and results of the Son's gift of the Spirit of Truth?? Like those who famish and starve while standing at the table of the Divine bountiful feast, I think you wait for that already here. The Kingdom is not hither or thither or later to come Jim.

Only you here has claimed anyone is waiting for anything Jim... only you. Only you judge others and tell us what others are not doing and what they must and should be doing (not just some others either, but ALL others)! Only you here directly contradicts the UB by declaring there is value without and prior to meaning and without understanding. Absurd. What happened to the claim of the time of waiting that is drawing to a close so soon?

What of your false declaration that Machaventa is not a Son in Standing? And where is the text that uses that phrase or supports your demotion and insulting diminution of Machaventa? The UB declares him Vicegerent Prince for Michael who is the Planetary Prince and the UB authors seem quite certain who will eventually become the next Prince in the far distant future.... yep, Machiventa! What of the false declaration of yours that we are in the dispensation of the Master Son? Still waiting on text support for that proclamation of yours too! And there is the claim that our world must have a visible Son in Standing for a special or dispensational resurrection and/or planetary progress??? Text???

You claim we must get ourselves out of the rebellion rut as you call it. You pretend our world is orphaned and uncared for and unwanted without leadership and management. Such a farce and despicable lie. You pretend there is no evolutionary progress toward Light and Life by your endless complaints and laments and disappointments. Is this what you learned from the Papers Jim???? How do you know what any other religionist is or is not doing and experiencing Jim??? HOW??!!! How do you know what others must do??? Who here and what other servants of dissemination and discovery and study and truth seeking in the Revelation underestimates the value of this or any Epochal Revelation Jim???? How do you know that???

Did God tell you these things Jim? For how else might you claim such knowledge???

Your table and chart are completely in conflict and contradicted by the UB. Nothing to say about special resurrections or the differences between Mortal Epochs and Epochal Revelations?? They are not the same at all Jim.

You cannot suddenly abandon and ignore all the falsehoods you present here Jim. Nice try... no cigar! :roll:

How long must we endure such hubris and these endless contradictions of the UB here?

Holy Moly...

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:

Jim

Fact, meaning, value. These reality elements are united by personality and mind. Each is a dimension of reality experience. To attempt to disentangle or isolate these reality dimensions from each other is to seek unreality and myopic perspective without meaning OR value I think. That personality which unites circle progress, spiritization, and experiential wisdom into a philosophy for living and reality perspective that results in the eternal adventure and fusion with the Adjuster certainly "gets it". I am confident that 7 billion souls are having progressive religious experience which reveal the relationship between God and personality.

I believe the UB describes that innate connection and relationship. It is so natural even children and barbarians do it. Rigid beliefs are the error of pride and prejudice. BEHOLD it's presence here! Jim promotes value without meaning and spiritual experience without mind. The UB teaches the value of meanings and the inherency of mind in all experience, progress, and wisdom.

12:8.15 (140.11) In cosmic evolution matter becomes a philosophic shadow cast by mind in the presence of spirit luminosity of divine enlightenment, but this does not invalidate the reality of matter-energy. Mind, matter, and spirit are equally real, but they are not of equal value to personality in the attainment of divinity. Consciousness of divinity is a progressive spiritual experience.

12:9.6 (142.1) Mortal man has a spirit nucleus. The mind is a personal-energy system existing around a divine spirit nucleus and functioning in a material environment. Such a living relationship of personal mind and spirit constitutes the universe potential of eternal personality....

16:9.1 (195.7) The cosmic-mind-endowed, Adjuster-indwelt, personal creature possesses innate recognition-realization of energy reality, mind reality, and spirit reality. The will creature is thus equipped to discern the fact, the law, and the love of God. Aside from these three inalienables of human consciousness, all human experience is really subjective except that intuitive realization of validity attaches to the unification of these three universe reality responses of cosmic recognition.

117:1.1 (1278.5) The Supreme is the beauty of physical harmony, the truth of intellectual meaning, and the goodness of spiritual value. He is the sweetness of true success and the joy of everlasting achievement. He is the oversoul of the grand universe, the consciousness of the finite cosmos, the completion of finite reality, and the personification of Creator-creature experience. Throughout all future eternity God the Supreme will voice the reality of volitional experience in the trinity relationships of Deity.

117:5.13 (1287.4) What man himself takes with him as a personality possession are the character consequences of the experience of having used the mind and spirit circuits of the grand universe in his Paradise ascent. When man decides, and when he consummates this decision in action, man experiences, and the meanings and the values of this experience are forever a part of his eternal character on all levels, from the finite to the final. Cosmically moral and divinely spiritual character represents the creature’s capital accumulation of personal decisions which have been illuminated by sincere worship, glorified by intelligent love, and consummated in brotherly service.

118:5.3 (1299.3) Mortal consciousness proceeds from the fact, to the meaning, and then to the value. Creator consciousness proceeds from the thought-value, through the word-meaning, to the fact of action.....

1. Personality and Reality

112:1.1 (1226.5) Personality is bestowed by the Universal Father upon his creatures as a potentially eternal endowment. Such a divine gift is designed to function on numerous levels and in successive universe situations ranging from the lowly finite to the highest absonite, even to the borders of the absolute. Personality thus performs on three cosmic planes or in three universe phases:

112:1.2 (1226.6) 1. Position status. Personality functions equally efficiently in the local universe, in the superuniverse, and in the central universe.

112:1.3 (1226.7) 2. Meaning status. Personality performs effectively on the levels of the finite, the absonite, and even as impinging upon the absolute.

112:1.4 (1226.8) 3. Value status. Personality can be experientially realized in the progressive realms of the material, the morontial, and the spiritual.

112:1.5 (1226.9) Personality has a perfected range of cosmic dimensional performance. The dimensions of finite personality are three, and they are roughly functional as follows:

112:1.6 (1226.10) 1. Length represents direction and nature of progression—movement through space and according to time—evolution.

112:1.7 (1226.11) 2. Vertical depth embraces the organismal drives and attitudes, the varying levels of self-realization and the general phenomenon of reaction to environment.

112:1.8 (1226.12) 3. Breadth embraces the domain of co-ordination, association, and selfhood organization.

112:1.9 (1226.13) The type of personality bestowed upon Urantia mortals has a potentiality of seven dimensions of self-expression or person-realization. These dimensional phenomena are realizable as three on the finite level, three on the absonite level, and one on the absolute level. On subabsolute levels this seventh or totality dimension is experiencible as the fact of personality. This supreme dimension is an associable absolute and, while not infinite, is dimensionally potential for subinfinite penetration of the absolute.

112:1.10 (1226.14) The finite dimensions of personality have to do with cosmic length, depth, and breadth. Length denotes meaning; depth signifies value; breadth embraces insight—the capacity to experience unchallengeable consciousness of cosmic reality.

112:1.11 (1227.1) On the morontia level all of these finite dimensions of the material level are greatly enhanced, and certain new dimensional values are realizable. All these enlarged dimensional experiences of the morontia level are marvelously articulated with the supreme or personality dimension through the influence of mota and also because of the contribution of morontia mathematics.

112:1.12 (1227.2) Much trouble experienced by mortals in their study of human personality could be avoided if the finite creature would remember that dimensional levels and spiritual levels are not co-ordinated in experiential personality realization.

112:1.13 (1227.3) Life is really a process which takes place between the organism (selfhood) and its environment. The personality imparts value of identity and meanings of continuity to this organismal-environmental association. Thus it will be recognized that the phenomenon of stimulus-response is not a mere mechanical process since the personality functions as a factor in the total situation. It is ever true that mechanisms are innately passive; organisms, inherently active.

112:1.14 (1227.4) Physical life is a process taking place not so much within the organism as between the organism and the environment. And every such process tends to create and establish organismal patterns of reaction to such an environment.And all such directive patterns are highly influential in goal choosing.

112:1.15 (1227.5) It is through the mediation of mind that the self and the environment establish meaningful contact. The ability and willingness of the organism to make such significant contacts with environment (response to a drive) represents the attitude of the whole personality.

112:1.16 (1227.6) Personality cannot very well perform in isolation. Man is innately a social creature; he is dominated by the craving of belongingness. It is literally true, “No man lives unto himself.”

112:1.17 (1227.7) But the concept of the personality as the meaning of the whole of the living and functioning creature means much more than the integration of relationships; it signifies the unification of all factors of reality as well as co-ordination of relationships. Relationships exist between two objects, but three or more objects eventuate a system, and such a system is much more than just an enlarged or complex relationship. This distinction is vital, for in a cosmic system the individual members are not connected with each other except in relation to the whole and through the individuality of the whole.

112:1.18 (1227.8) In the human organism the summation of its parts constitutes selfhood—individuality—but such a process has nothing whatever to do with personality, which is the unifier of all these factors as related to cosmic realities.

112:1.19 (1227.9) In aggregations parts are added; in systems parts are arranged. Systems are significant because of organization—positional values. In a good system all factors are in cosmic position. In a bad system something is either missing or displaced—deranged. In the human system it is the personality which unifies all activities and in turn imparts the qualities of identity and creativity.