Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:43 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Epoch 5
PostPosted:  

Jim hasn't judged anyone. But you Bradly certainly have judged Jim.

Last edited by nodAmanaV on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:41 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thank you Jim for reminding us what the UB is for.

PostPosted:  

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:32 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

That's right but he spoke in general. He didn't name names. Why did you take what he said and react as if he was speaking about you?

PostPosted:  

You edited your last post and added the last sentence before my previous response.

Jim hasn't judged anyone personally but you do it all the time.

PostPosted:  

8)

What I don't do is claim to know the spiritual standing of others...individually or groups nor am I disappointed in planetary progress or the success of the angels and Most Highs and I don't claim superior spiritual standing or greater religious understanding and progress than others.

But I do disagree with those who do so.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:48 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

As I read Jim's post, there was nothing that rang any alarms for me. I agree with much of what Jim stated, and I did not take it as being judgmental of others or even as 'preaching' - at least, no more so than I see from plenty of other discussion on this forum.

FanofVan wrote:
"So one might conclude your sermon accuses others, the so called low gears, of being without genuine faith and religious experience...or not so genuine as your own anyway. You dare to classify others and measure them to your own standards and beliefs."

The "low gears" is truly a direct quote of TUB; I don't think it was intended as a derogatory judgement on anyone here.

Quote:
195:10.18 (2086.4) Christianity is an extemporized religion, and therefore must it operate in low gear. High-gear spiritual performances must await the new revelation and the more general acceptance of the real religion of Jesus. But Christianity is a mighty religion, seeing that the commonplace disciples of a crucified carpenter set in motion those teachings which conquered the Roman world in three hundred years and then went on to triumph over the barbarians who overthrew Rome. This same Christianity conquered—absorbed and exalted—the whole stream of Hebrew theology and Greek philosophy. And then, when this Christian religion became comatose for more than a thousand years as a result of an overdose of mysteries and paganism, it resurrected itself and virtually reconquered the whole Western world. Christianity contains enough of Jesus’ teachings to immortalize it.

My interpretation of the above is slightly different than Jim's, but they both arrive at the same place. I think it's saying that Christianity is essentially forced to improvise, due to having had no recent revelation with which to enrich and enliven it. So it must operate in low gear; awaiting new revelation. The real religion of Jesus is in a high gear because it is inspired and driven by new revelation and more widespread acceptance of the Jesusonian philosophy.

I also agree with Jim's (often stated) point that we should act on what we learn, not limit ourselves to only knowing what we learn. I know from what others have posted on this forum that all of us agree with that.

Finally, Jim did say, "If I am correct in my assessment here, ...." so, in effect, approaches the topic with some humility and realization that he may not have it exactly right, but willing to press ahead with his best effort at understanding the TUB teachings. I think that is all we can ask of one another here ....

Last edited by Agon D. Onter on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:33 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

:-# :-$ 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:51 pm +0000, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
As I read Jim's post, there was nothing that rang any alarms for me. I agree with much of what Jim stated, and I did not take it as being judgmental of others or even as 'preaching' - at least, no more so than I see from plenty of other discussion on this forum.

FanofVan wrote:
"So one might conclude your sermon accuses others, the so called low gears, of being without genuine faith and religious experience...or not so genuine as your own anyway. You dare to classify others and measure them to your own standards and beliefs."

The "low gears" is truly a direct quote of TUB; I don't think it was intended as a derogatory judgement on anyone here.

Quote:
195:10.18 (2086.4) Christianity is an extemporized religion, and therefore must it operate in low gear. High-gear spiritual performances must await the new revelation and the more general acceptance of the real religion of Jesus. But Christianity is a mighty religion, seeing that the commonplace disciples of a crucified carpenter set in motion those teachings which conquered the Roman world in three hundred years and then went on to triumph over the barbarians who overthrew Rome. This same Christianity conquered—absorbed and exalted—the whole stream of Hebrew theology and Greek philosophy. And then, when this Christian religion became comatose for more than a thousand years as a result of an overdose of mysteries and paganism, it resurrected itself and virtually reconquered the whole Western world. Christianity contains enough of Jesus’ teachings to immortalize it.

My interpretation of the above is slightly different than Jim's, but they both arrive at the same place. I think it's saying that Christianity is essentially forced to improvise, due to having had no recent revelation with which to enrich and enliven it. So it must operate in low gear; awaiting new revelation. The real religion of Jesus is in a high gear because it is inspired and driven by new revelation and more widespread acceptance of the Jesusonian philosophy.

I also agree with Jim's (often stated) point that we should act on what we learn, not limit ourselves to only knowing what we learn. I know from what others have posted on this forum that all of us agree with that.

Finally, Jim did say, "If I am correct in my assessment here, ...." so, in effect, approaches the topic with some humility and realization that he may not have it exactly right, but willing to press ahead with his best effort at understanding the TUB teachings. I think that is all we can ask of one another here ....

I also agree that people should act on what they learn....I just happen to think that they already do....and it's not my place to measure what others have done...or should do.

Appreciate your perspective.

I have complimented Jim here for his own scholarship and personal religious commitment and testimony of his spiritual journey. I have done so dozens of times here over the years.

I disagree with his opinions about others and his presumptions to criticize others and generalize the spiritual journey of others and in comparison to his own . It is my opinion this habit is so contrary to the teachings but is consistent with those who form religions and churches and congregations.

This is about his ideas and my own about the teachings. And his opinions about others...as presented in his fable and sermon.

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:52 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Jim, thanks for your further explanations for your fable, submitted what seems like a long time ago now. I liked the fable and I liked one other explanation that you offered, and this essay that you have written, too.

If I understand what you've said, it is important for believers to have real experience and speak from that experience. That was my main takeaway. Pretty simple, and in keeping with the value of Jesus' religion of personal spiritual experience.

I found your observation of preachers in churches delivering prepared speeches as interesting. Not all do that - and the ones who do not are the most interesting and the most inspiring. I think of people like Marin Luther King, who I think delivered some of the best - and seemingly extemporaneous - speeches I have ever heard. The voice of real experience is unmistakable and very thrilling to hear and inspiring, too. Again, personal testimony inspires others to find and experience the thrill of surrendering to God and finding out how he can work in their lives for themselves. Their experience may be different from yours, but nonetheless valid for them and if able to be expressed, valuable for others, too.

I find you have a good and workable grasp of the revelation as it works in your life. That is valuable information to know about you, and I think others who evaluate your writings here can make up their own minds as to their value. Maybe it is not how things work for them; the truth passes through all of us and yet it is interpreted by passing through our experience in unique ways. I have found nothing in this latest essay that makes me uneasy in the least. On the contrary, I find it a good window into your thinking - AND worth thinking about.

I think any reader of your post can evaluate what you have said - the same for any post by anyone else. The ideas expressed are YOUR ideas, and I find it easy to entertain the ones I like, and disregard the ones that may nor resonate as well. Others can do that, too.

Thank you.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
The 5th Epoch

The earth looks like a spoiled child’s room after a birthday party sleepover; toys are strewn, clothes are laying on the floor, spilled drinks and stale food are ground into the carpet, broken pieces of new toys are mixed with the leftovers of now melted ice cream blended into cake crumbs, party favors and wrapping paper are scattered everywhere and even the parents have left town, or so we think. There is no one left to clean up.

Wait . . .

If I am looking at this scene and I see the mess, I must be the one left to clean.

That doesn’t seem fair, I wasn’t even invited to the party.

Or was I?

That is how we find ourselves as we begin Epoch 5. We have made a mess of Epoch 4 and we are bringing our behaviors of disregard to our new way. But we shall not be able to live this way for long. Putting off the cleaning or deciding it is someone else’s responsibility will end in disaster.

Epoch 5, our new era, brings with it some quite astounding potentials wrapped in the monumental effort required to shed the psychological and spiritually induced trappings of the past, the trappings, through which our societies encourage us to see ourselves as the center of the universe. Epoch 5 proves we are not! The real work of Epoch 5 is in coming to terms with that reality; that is our first duty. Cleaning up the mess will be our second.

Each Epoch of our planet brings us to an enhanced ability to comprehend the offering we call life. Each Epoch is a phase in our growth in planetary culture and status. Each enables us to see further into the eternal distance and receive through that vision, greater concepts of hope, enhanced expressions of love, more realistic appreciations of truth, beauty and goodness and an overall higher sense of purpose in everything we are and expect to become.

It is assumed that we would not be ushered into a new Epoch until we had, both individually and collectively finished the previous growth expectations placed upon us as a condition of that Epoch, but here we are; out of step. We have received the Creator Son of the Universe, yet we have not adopted his life plan. In fact, we as a planet still don’t know his plan. After 2000 years his message has yet to be explained in a meaningful enough way to become the standard of living for humankind. It has yet to be lived. Epoch 5 changes that.

Epoch 5 – A Statement

Epoch 5 is about re-focusing our reality to life beyond confusion. We sometimes think our path to the future is a gradual intrinsic growth plan that will gradually and systematically evolve our confusion and reluctant self-interest into righteousness. Ostensibly, we humans will gradually become spiritual. There are a number of statements in the Urantia Book that suggest that perspective is incorrect. We are being offered a fundamentally different and new perspective on life. Adopting it is revolutionary. In fact, adopting it in each of our personal lives is truly revelationary. There is nothing else on the planet like the Urantia Book. But it does not, in and of itself provide us with such a postulate. The perpetual guidance of our God Fragment, the Thought Adjuster, coupled with the living Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of the Eternal Son and the Holy Spirit, the spirit of the Divine partner in Nebadon, together provide each of us with a source of true experience that does this; it must be our deepest, most sincere intention to allow these unified sources we identify as “God”, to reveal these truths to us personally and individually. That living reality offers this planet hope. The reality of Epoch 5 is this personal experience available to any and all who will. This is the living Jesus. The living Jesus is us, if we will. The living Jesus is not the Urantia Book nor is it the information contained within the book. The authors of the book reveal to us the proximity of the Most Highs and their overwhelming desire to see us climb out of our rut. But we must climb ourselves; each of us must be the one who cleans up the mess of Epoch 4.

48 years ago, I was given a taste of this future and I have committed my life to the full realization of the meaning of it. Consciousness of spiritual interaction is not a mere function of reading the Urantia Book and seeking intellectual understanding. It is in applying our personalities to the experiential events of conscious realization of the spirit presence. We must learn to know God personally. We must grow to appreciate that sharing our growth experience of that process is God’s idea of building the family. Sharing is Godly. Sharing our deepest personal inner beings is a representation of our reality with God. God is real.

I encourage all of us to seek the same vision. Epoch 5 is upon us and our conscious awareness of our inner spiritual life is both the source of spiritual fruit as well as the answer to the world’s problems. So simply put, Epoch 5 was not inaugurated to change the world, it was for us, that we each, through our awareness of it and what it means to each of us personally, would.

Please note that I have removed the fable in-total included in Jim's original post at the beginning of this topic, to better address the actual claims made here by him regarding his predictions of an imminent dispensational resurrection and a new planetary mortal epoch - Epoch 5 as he describes it here.

Here's a link to a new topic and post of Jim's where he elaborates on his beliefs and predictions, including a chart he created in support of his theory:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5915

Jim has referred to this post/topic here in that more recent one and tied the two together by that post and new elaborations of his claims regarding his expectations and predictions of major planetary developments and epochal/dispensational transitions.

As has been well documented here already....I personally disagree with these beliefs and claims and I do not think the UB gives us any evidence to support Jim's claims posted here.

The UB speaks to the reality that Christians have also held tightly to this belief in an imminent rapture and Second Coming Dispensation by every generation of believers from the day of Pentecost.

Jim has here confused and intermingled epochal revelations, Planetary Mortal Epochs, dispensational resurrections, celestial visitations, and various other topics presented in the UB to support his belief in an imminent dispensational resurrection and a new planetary mortal epoch. He believes he has discovered a "set" pattern within the UB to predict our planetary status and what happens next and when.

I look forward to additional discussion and UB text which describes our planetary evolutionary progress and status!!

Such an important topic. Jim's beliefs articulated here are shared by many believers...and even a few UB readers also believe in some impending transformational event for Urantia. There are those who consider themselves capable of predictions as Jim does.

Jim's posts on the new topic - Epoch and Dispensation Timeline:

"My friends,

The link here will take you to a chart showing the Epochs and Dispensations with dates and references.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo0q6kx9fcafb ... 2.pdf?dl=0

This backs up my discussion in my most recent essay regarding timing of past and coming events."

Jim

"What became clear in this exercise is that a pattern was set when the birth of Jesus did not inaugurate the 3rd dispensational resurrection, his departure after completing his mission did. In both the first two dispensational resurrections the event occurred on the arrival of the Epochal Revelation; first the Planetary Prince and second Adam and Eve. Also all three Dispensational Resurrections presented physical beings to us as a planet. So far we know nothing of a Dispensational Resurrection occurring as a result of the Urantia Book which is why I conclude that one is immanent and I surmise will fulfill the predictions in papers 195 and 196. This would end the 4th Epoch and begin the 5th officially. But, as I said in my essay, we have no "Son in Standing" like a Planetary Prince so a new celestial visitation would be required to enable it. Someone like a Titular Prince and/or an Avonal would be necessary."

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:12 am +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

I wonder Jim if you would share the importance of your predictions to our world and us tadpoles and believers?

What does it matter if and when there is another dispensational rollcall or a new planetary mortal epoch to us personally?

How, do you think, mortals here are affected? Is there some instant personal or planetary transformation or some abrogation of evolutionary progress that comes by such events?

Are we tadpoles to do something special or unique in preparation for such events that we are not doing by our spiritization and faith experience already?

You know ....urgency, false urgency in particular, creates anxiety and fear and is a tool/weapon used by preachers, priests, and snake oil salesmen to create influence and leverage over others.

I believe you to be quite sincere in your beliefs and disappointments and anxieties and I do not believe you seek to deceive anyone by such sincerity. But your sncerity does not validate your claims here which contradict the UB. Certainly it is fine and dandy to disagree with the UB in our beliefs and claims here.

The problem you present the students and study group here is your claims that your contradictions of the UB are somehow representative of and sourced from the UB that you are actually contradicting. Which itself would not be such a great problem except for your words posted here by which you have declared yourself to be a very knowledgeable scholar of the Revelation with a great understanding of its meaning.

That's a problem. In my opinion.

While I do understand your claim that you are here to help those of us lower down the mountain heights of spirituality than you are to "clean up the mess" of our soiled diapers of indolence and indifference to now prepare for something spectacular and urgent...these declarations simply do not represent anything at all I have read in the Papers.

But I do look forward to that text posted to come which might support your claims and predictions. You have raised so many different and important issues for our research and study here. Whatever leads to our study here is good for those who actually read and study...rather than blindly accept the beliefs, opinions, and claims of any poster (especially and including my own of course...haha).

Thanks for prompting our studies and reflection! Sincerely.

8) Bradly

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
The 5th Epoch

The earth looks like a spoiled child’s room after a birthday party sleepover; toys are strewn, clothes are laying on the floor, spilled drinks and stale food are ground into the carpet, broken pieces of new toys are mixed with the leftovers of now melted ice cream blended into cake crumbs, party favors and wrapping paper are scattered everywhere and even the parents have left town, or so we think. There is no one left to clean up.

Wait . . .

If I am looking at this scene and I see the mess, I must be the one left to clean.

That doesn’t seem fair, I wasn’t even invited to the party.

Or was I?

That is how we find ourselves as we begin Epoch 5. We have made a mess of Epoch 4 and we are bringing our behaviors of disregard to our new way. But we shall not be able to live this way for long. Putting off the cleaning or deciding it is someone else’s responsibility will end in disaster.

Epoch 5, our new era, brings with it some quite astounding potentials wrapped in the monumental effort required to shed the psychological and spiritually induced trappings of the past, the trappings, through which our societies encourage us to see ourselves as the center of the universe. Epoch 5 proves we are not! The real work of Epoch 5 is in coming to terms with that reality; that is our first duty. Cleaning up the mess will be our second.

8)

There can be nothing "spiritually induced" about evil or sin!!! Say what???

Such a sad and depressing and unreal perspective of our world. So much to consider here declared that is, so unfortunately, a direct contradiction of the personal and planetary realities presented in the Papers.

The complaint that "there is no one left to clean up" presumes and proclaimes an accusation that directly contradicts the contents AND the intent of the Papers. No Most Highs? No Jesus/Michael? No Machiventa? No angels or midwayers or Reserve Corp? How about the 24 Counselors?

We are abandoned here and uncared for?? The orphans of Nebadon?

Where is the assurance given to us by the ministry of the Spirit of Truth and the celestial hosts of God as described in the UB?

What of our obvious planetary progress and the 7 billion souls here connected to God? What of Gandhi and MLK and Mandela and so many millions who have been so very busy serving our world?

Such a sad perspective. Really...sad. So sorry for anyone who feels like this. Especially any with the Good News we study and share here.

Actually the Papers are filled cover to cover with assurances of our planetary progress....especially so the past 2000 years and even more especially so the past few centuries!! Jim's initial premise of perspective is false and grotesque ....according to the UB. Our world is filled with truth, beauty, and goodness!!! It surrounds us. It's everywhere!!

195:5.12 (2076.3) As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

195:5.13 (2076.4) When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

Me here: I wonder how anyone with such a low opinion of others and our world and our celestial leaders might ever be of any help or service to anyone? What of the joyful and optimistic example of the Master in his time here...were things better then? Was there less of "a mess" 2000 years ago I wonder? So, you are claiming there has been no Mortal Epoch progress by the gift of the Son's Spirit of Truth?

"Coming to terms" with reality is not epochal...humanity has always and will always be coming to terms with reality. It's called evolution and progress and experiential wisdom as I recall.

We are NOT here to clean up messes. No. We are here to express our personal religious experience and spirit connection and ideals by our personal motives, intentions, priorities, and decisions. If we do that then we will see the same in others and help others to overcome the edges of conflict and vicissitudes of material life...as demonstrated by the Master and so many mortals since.

It is so sad to hear the UB so distorted and cheapened and twisted by subjective blindness and blame and disappointment. There is no imminent Epoch 5 before us. There is no need for impatience or disappointment either. The Bestowal Son Epoch has barely begun and yet so much progress has been experienced already and accelerates now by its success, as planned by Michael and as managed by the Most Highs.

Jim, you preach about "we" all the time and speak for others as if you have such knowledge and authority. You do not speak for or represent the human race (or any part of the human race). There is no "we" regarding historical or group choices and decisions. "We" are not responsible for anything we have not done or chosen personally. We may suffer by the choices of others but we are not guilty of the choices of others. There is no group guilt nor is there any form of group absolution. I cannot fathom where you get these fallacious misrepresentations and contradictions of the Papers.

Perhaps YOU find yourself in a mess and perhaps YOU have made a mess of the 4th Mortal Epoch (impossible really since you weren't around for much of it...but believe whatever you will) and perhaps YOU need to shed some psychological "trappings" and perhaps YOU believe yourself to be the center of the universe Jim....I wouldn't know or presume to even speculate what you have done or should do or believe.

You may believe any of these things. But please stop speaking for me or for others. You know not of what you speak!! This essay/sermon/fable appears to be based on fear and despair which are the very antithesis of the UB and the reality perspective presented there.

My hope for you Jim, and all others, is that you might still find the inspiring light and message of hope and trust given to us in the gift of this Epochal Revelation (which is not epochal in timing but in source and audience...from celestials for everyone as defined in the Papers). No need for despair or anxiety or impatience. We're in the best of all hands.

Peace. :biggrin:

114:6.1 (1254.7) When the first governor general arrived on Urantia, concurrent with the outpouring of the Spirit of Truth, he was accompanied by twelve corps of special seraphim, Seraphington graduates, who were immediately assigned to certain special planetary services. These exalted angels are known as the master seraphim of planetary supervision and are, aside from the overcontrol of the planetary Most High observer, under the immediate direction of the resident governor general.

114:6.2 (1255.1) These twelve groups of angels, while functioning under the general supervision of the resident governor general, are immediately directed by the seraphic council of twelve, the acting chiefs of each group. This council also serves as the volunteer cabinet of the resident governor general.

114:6.3 (1255.2) As planetary chief of seraphim, I preside over this council of seraphic chiefs, and I am a volunteer supernaphim of the primary order serving on Urantia as the successor of the onetime chief of the angelic hosts of the planet who defaulted at the time of the Caligastia secession.

114:6.4 (1255.3) The twelve corps of the master seraphim of planetary supervision are functional on Urantia as follows:

114:6.5 (1255.4) 1. The epochal angels. These are the angels of the current age, the dispensational group. These celestial ministers are intrusted with the oversight and direction of the affairs of each generation as they are designed to fit into the mosaic of the age in which they occur. The present corps of epochal angels serving on Urantia is the third group assigned to the planet during the current dispensation.

114:6.6 (1255.5) 2. The progress angels. These seraphim are intrusted with the task of initiating the evolutionary progress of the successive social ages. They foster the development of the inherent progressive trend of evolutionary creatures; they labor incessantly to make things what they ought to be. The group now on duty is the second to be assigned to the planet.

114:6.7 (1255.6) 3. The religious guardians. These are the “angels of the churches,” the earnest contenders for that which is and has been. They endeavor to maintain the ideals of that which has survived for the sake of the safe transit of moral values from one epoch to another. They are the checkmates of the angels of progress, all the while seeking to translate from one generation to another the imperishable values of the old and passing forms into the new and therefore less stabilized patterns of thought and conduct. These angels do contend for spiritual forms, but they are not the source of ultrasectarianism and meaningless controversial divisions of professed religionists. The corps now functioning on Urantia is the fifth thus to serve.

114:6.8 (1255.7) 4. The angels of nation life. These are the “angels of the trumpets,” directors of the political performances of Urantia national life. The group now functioning in the overcontrol of international relations is the fourth corps to serve on the planet. It is particularly through the ministry of this seraphic division that “the Most Highs rule in the kingdoms of men.”

114:6.9 (1255.8) 5. The angels of the races. Those who work for the conservation of the evolutionary races of time, regardless of their political entanglements and religious groupings. On Urantia there are remnants of nine human races which have commingled and combined into the people of modern times. These seraphim are closely associated with the ministry of the race commissioners, and the group now on Urantia is the original corps assigned to the planet soon after the day of Pentecost.

114:6.10 (1255.9) 6. The angels of the future. These are the projection angels, who forecast a future age and plan for the realization of the better things of a new and advancing dispensation; they are the architects of the successive eras. The group now on the planet has thus functioned since the beginning of the current dispensation.

114:6.11 (1256.1) 7. The angels of enlightenment. Urantia is now receiving the help of the third corps of seraphim dedicated to the fostering of planetary education. These angels are occupied with mental and moral training as it concerns individuals, families, groups, schools, communities, nations, and whole races.

114:6.12 (1256.2) 8. The angels of health. These are the seraphic ministers assigned to the assistance of those mortal agencies dedicated to the promotion of health and the prevention of disease. The present corps is the sixth group to serve during this dispensation.

114:6.13 (1256.3) 9. The home seraphim. Urantia now enjoys the services of the fifth group of angelic ministers dedicated to the preservation and advancement of the home, the basic institution of human civilization.

114:6.14 (1256.4) 10. The angels of industry. This seraphic group is concerned with fostering industrial development and improving economic conditions among the Urantia peoples. This corps has been seven times changed since the bestowal of Michael.

114:6.15 (1256.5) 11. The angels of diversion. These are the seraphim who foster the values of play, humor, and rest. They ever seek to uplift man’s recreational diversions and thus to promote the more profitable utilization of human leisure. The present corps is the third of that order to minister on Urantia.

114:6.16 (1256.6) 12. The angels of superhuman ministry. These are the angels of the angels, those seraphim who are assigned to the ministry of all other superhuman life on the planet, temporary or permanent. This corps has served since the beginning of the current dispensation.

114:6.17 (1256.7) When these groups of master seraphim disagree in matters of planetary policy or procedure, their differences are usually composed by the governor general, but all his rulings are subject to appeal in accordance with the nature and gravity of the issues involved in the disagreement.

114:6.18 (1256.8) None of these angelic groups exercise direct or arbitrary control over the domains of their assignment. They cannot fully control the affairs of their respective realms of action, but they can and do so manipulate planetary conditions and so associate circumstances as favorably to influence the spheres of human activity to which they are attached.

114:6.19 (1256.9) The master seraphim of planetary supervision utilize many agencies for the prosecution of their missions. They function as ideational clearinghouses, mind focalizers, and project promoters. While unable to inject new and higher conceptions into human minds, they often act to intensify some higher ideal which has already appeared within a human intellect.

114:6.20 (1256.10) But aside from these many means of positive action, the master seraphim insure planetary progress against vital jeopardy through the mobilization, training, and maintenance of the reserve corps of destiny. The chief function of these reservists is to insure against breakdown of evolutionary progress; they are the provisions which the celestial forces have made against surprise; they are the guarantees against disaster.

8)

114:7.14 (1258.6) Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain of the local universe circuits to produce a feeling of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is operative on the planet a very definite and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.

37:9.11 (415.3) The Midway Creatures. In the early days of most inhabited worlds, certain superhuman but materialized beings are of assignment, but they usually retire upon the arrival of the Planetary Adams. The transactions of such beings and the efforts of the Material Sons to improve the evolutionary races often result in the appearance of a limited number of creatures who are difficult to classify. These unique beings are often midway between the Material Sons and the evolutionary creatures; hence their designation, midway creatures. In a comparative sense these midwayers are the permanent citizens of the evolutionary worlds. From the early days of the arrival of a Planetary Prince to the far-distant time of the settling of the planet in light and life, they are the only group of intelligent beings to remain continuously on the sphere. On Urantia the midway ministers are in reality the actual custodians of the planet; they are, practically speaking, the citizens of Urantia. Mortals are indeed the physical and material inhabitants of an evolutionary world, but you are all so short-lived; you tarry on your nativity planet such a short time. You are born, live, die, and pass on to other worlds of evolutionary progression. Even the superhuman beings who serve on the planets as celestial ministers are of transient assignment; few of them are long attached to a given sphere. The midway creatures, however, provide continuity of planetary administration in the face of ever-changing celestial ministries and constantly shifting mortal inhabitants. Throughout all of this never-ceasing changing and shifting, the midway creatures remain on the planet uninterruptedly carrying on their work.

PostPosted:  

I have found the Papers to be a very definitive illumination of God's friendly universe ruled by the law of love. It's reality perspective presented by its authors has profoundly changed my personal appreciation for the faith and religious experience in others and the valiant efforts of so many to express their ideals, morals, hopes, and aspirations for a better world.

Humanity has a goodness and greatness and toughness that is but an aggregation of its parts...individual mortals who strive to overcome their own errors, the errors of others, and the accumulated errors of the past while sacrificing their own interests on behalf of children, family, community, nation, and our world. Young and old, rich and poor, educated and illiterate, ill and vital, connected and disenfranchised, so many who experience and express the Divine Affection and connection within.

My prior disappointments in the failures of humanity and the embarrassing greed and self serving false liberty of some has been replaced by the inspiration and insights delivered by the nobility of loyalty, duty, determination, fortitude, and generosity of so many others in our history and also in current events and disasters and times of great stress...and in everyday life at work and play.

People are amazing! We can be so tender and kind at such important and difficult moments. We can overcome such adversity to provide for and protect those we love. We learn and adjust and adapt and create and share and care. We are the children of God and we are connected to God and we are made in the likeness of God by the gifts of personality and mind and spirit and freewill. Random acts of kindness are proof positive of the human connection to the Divine!!

On this world of birth and origin we live so briefly and are so inexperienced and unwise and immature and prone to error and our lives and our world do often resemble a children's romper room...disorderly and chaotic. And there is some meanness and selfishness. Enough that it really stands out in contrast to the truth, beauty, and goodness and our idealisms and hopes. Children being children. Age appropriate behavior by children is so often misunderstood. Why don't children act more mature and wise!!?? Because they are children perhaps?

To be disappointed in others is to judge them without knowing or understanding them and is to be blinded by false or unreasonable expectations to the reality of humanity's potential, nobility, and evolutionary progress.

To feel abandoned by God and isolated from the Kingdom of the heavenly hosts in this friendly universe and family and unfairly responsible for its frustrations and failures is unfortunate and pointless. God holds none responsible for the failures or mistakes of the past. There is not social guilt nor personal burden for humanity's faults or "messes". Our celestial friends are quite experienced at human evolution and quite patient with the process of planetary progress.

Life is a celebration of Being and Becoming in the eternal adventures of living!! The Tadpole Way. If we prosper in the Spirit, we are helping our world in the best way possible!! For it is the fruits of the Spirit that provide all that is needed for planetary progress toward our inevitable destiny of Light and Life.

How do we live this life? Do we express our personal connection to Spirit and see that connection in others? Or are we anxious and blaming and resentful and disappointed in others? Are we hopeful and joyful and confident in God's purpose, power, and plan as we face the uncertainties and unpredictable vicissitudes of life?

39:4.13 (435.6) To the inhabited worlds the quickeners of morality portray mortal life as an unbroken chain of many links. Your short sojourn on Urantia, on this sphere of mortal infancy, is only a single link, the very first in the long chain that is to stretch across universes and through the eternal ages. It is not so much what you learn in this first life; it is the experience of living this life that is important. Even the work of this world, paramount though it is, is not nearly so important as the way in which you do this work. There is no material reward for righteous living, but there is profound satisfaction—consciousness of achievement—and this transcends any conceivable material reward.

Me here: Our outlook or perspective of life and our philosophy of living this life should not be shaped by our disappointments and anxieties but rather by our highest hopes and ideals and our trust in God...according to the reality portrayed within the Papers. In all things we can trust God. Do we?

4:4.6 (59.2) In God the Father freewill performances are not ruled by power, nor are they guided by intellect alone; the divine personality is defined as consisting in spirit and manifesting himself to the universes as love. Therefore, in all his personal relations with the creature personalities of the universes, the First Source and Center is always and consistently a loving Father. God is a Father in the highest sense of the term. He is eternally motivated by the perfect idealism of divine love, and that tender nature finds its strongest expression and greatest satisfaction in loving and being loved.

4:4.7 (59.3) In science, God is the First Cause; in religion, the universal and loving Father; in philosophy, the one being who exists by himself, not dependent on any other being for existence but beneficently conferring reality of existence on all things and upon all other beings. But it requires revelation to show that the First Cause of science and the self-existent Unity of philosophy are the God of religion, full of mercy and goodness and pledged to effect the eternal survival of his children on earth.

12:7.9 (138.4) The love of the Father absolutely individualizes each personality as a unique child of the Universal Father, a child without duplicate in infinity, a will creature irreplaceable in all eternity. The Father’s love glorifies each child of God, illuminating each member of the celestial family, sharply silhouetting the unique nature of each personal being against the impersonal levels that lie outside the fraternal circuit of the Father of all. The love of God strikingly portrays the transcendent value of each will creature, unmistakably reveals the high value which the Universal Father has placed upon each and every one of his children from the highest creator personality of Paradise status to the lowest personality of will dignity among the savage tribes of men in the dawn of the human species on some evolutionary world of time and space.

Me here: The UB is a celebration of Divine Assurance of God's love and care for all of us...personally and collectively. The UB presents a reality perspective that is uplifting and inclusive and feeds the pilgrim's hope and invigorates the very best within us all. For those who have the ears to hear and the eyes to see.

This is true no matter what Epoch or generation or situation or circumstance we may find ourselves. Dispensational resurrections do not change life for the living but only for the dead I think.

Peace.

8) Bradly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11