Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:16 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 3D interactive star map
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Only seems to work in Chrome and Firefox.

One can manually alter the scale, and click on various stars to zoom in.

http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Wow! I took the tour.

PostPosted:  

This is quite fascinating, but I am confused, when we zoom out all the way, are we looking at Satania or Orvonton ?
These two passages are not entirely clear, one suggest that the MIlky way is a system while the other links it almost directly to Orvonton ! Can someone clear the confusion please !?

Quote:
15:3.1 Practically all of the starry realms visible to the naked eye on Urantia belong to the seventh section of the grand universe, the superuniverse of Orvonton. The vast Milky Way starry system represents the central nucleus of Orvonton, being largely beyond the borders of your local universe. This great aggregation of suns, dark islands of space, double stars, globular clusters, star clouds, spiral and other nebulae, together with myriads of individual planets, forms a watchlike, elongated-circular grouping of about one seventh of the inhabited evolutionary universes.

15:3.3 Observation of the so-called Milky Way discloses the comparative increase in Orvonton stellar density when the heavens are viewed in one direction, while on either side the density diminishes; the number of stars and other spheres decreases away from the chief plane of our material superuniverse. When the angle of observation is propitious, gazing through the main body of this realm of maximum density, you are looking toward the residential universe and the center of all things.

As to the part in blue, I didn't really get it :roll: , Is the snapshot I took accurate?

Attachments:
Milky Way.jpg
Milky Way.jpg [ 47.51 KiB | Viewed 5430 times ]

PostPosted:  

I would say based on those passages and others that the Milky Way is the bulk of Orvonton. We are in the outer edge of Orvonton according to the authors, so Orvonton cannot have a diameter that extends far past us, and we are in the Milky Way to. Yea know what I mean? If the authors say we are on the edge of Orvonton and we also happen to be near the edge of the Milky Way, its likely the two are one and the same.

But yea 15.3.3 seems to directly state it is our Superuniverse. The other quote does for the most part. It says it is the nucleus. So nucleus could mean 98% of the whole, it's hard to derive to much there.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing