Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: My psycological stress
PostPosted:  

Kindly pray for me too as i try my part together we will keep on helping one another through this for I am suffering from psychological stress for 2 days now due to normal day to day issues. This will enable me to move on without seeing possibility of doom and failure for if one keeps on failing sometimes they may suffer from inferiority complex and other related problems e.g fear etc.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hang in there. Remember if it's psychological, it's not real, the thing your stressing about. It only seems that way because we all, like you get "psyched out" while the reality of the situation isn't grasped, but only for a moment. The stress will pass, it always does and then the truth of the matter becomes understood as well as an understanding of why stress was encountered. This slowly leads to that wisdom we all gain from these kind of experiences which add up to the ability to better handle disappointment when it occurs again.

Peace to you.

PostPosted:  

One of the most important lessons for me in the Urantia Book is the reality that our lives are designed to be challenging and confusing....if we respond well, new challenges and confusions present themselves. If we do not respond well, the old challenges and confusions become more confounding and painful and I think they become so to encourage us to face them. We are to learn to discern cause and effect at the material level, the emotional/intellectual level, and the spiritual level and by such experience to respond better to old challenges and new ones.

This is easier to accept intellectually than it is when we are in the pit fighting the gator at hand though....so I do not wish to pontificate with syrupy platitudes and be insulting thereby. I do not know the situation or stressors you face right now - but I can assure you that every mortal faces such crisis and tragedy and failure - how we deal with it builds and reveals character, especially for those of us with faith in God and eternal destiny....this becomes an anchor of hope and promise and a rock in the torrents of uncertainty. I too wish you well and peace of mind as you face the difficulties before you now. My granny use to say: everything will be alright in the end, so if its not alright now then it is NOT the end....keep trying! And praying.

156:5.12 (1739.7) Kingdom believers should possess an implicit faith, a whole-souled belief, in the certain triumph of righteousness. Kingdom builders must be undoubting of the truth of the gospel of eternal salvation. Believers must increasingly learn how to step aside from the rush of life — escape the harassments of material existence — while they refresh the soul, inspire the mind, and renew the spirit by worshipful communion.

156:5.13 (1739.8) God-knowing individuals are not discouraged by misfortune or downcast by disappointment. Believers are immune to the depression consequent upon purely material upheavals; spirit livers are not perturbed by the episodes of the material world. Candidates for eternal life are practitioners of an invigorating and constructive technique for meeting all of the vicissitudes and harassments of mortal living. Every day a true believer lives, he finds it easier to do the right thing.

156:5.17 (1740.4) The measure of the spiritual capacity of the evolving soul is your faith in truth and your love for man, but the measure of your human strength of character is your ability to resist the holding of grudges and your capacity to withstand brooding in the face of deep sorrow. Defeat is the true mirror in which you may honestly view your real self.

100:2.6 (1096.3) The goal of human self-realization should be spiritual, not material. The only realities worth striving for are divine, spiritual, and eternal. Mortal man is entitled to the enjoyment of physical pleasures and to the satisfaction of human affections; he is benefited by loyalty to human associations and temporal institutions; but these are not the eternal foundations upon which to build the immortal personality which must transcend space, vanquish time, and achieve the eternal destiny of divine perfection and finaliter service.

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

8)

"Darkest Hour Is Just Before Down"

The sun is slowly sinkin'
The day's almost gone
Still darkness falls around us
And we must journey on

The darkest hour is just before dawn
The narrow way leads home
Lay down your soul at Jesus' feet

Like a shepherd out on the mountain
A-watchin' the sheep down below
He's coming back to claim us
Will you be ready to go

The narrow way leads home
Lay down your soul
Let Jesus in

8)

48:6.9 (552.7) The Gods are my caretakers; I shall not stray;

48:6.10 (552.8) Side by side they lead me in the beautiful paths and glorious refreshing of life everlasting.

48:6.11 (552.9) I shall not, in this Divine Presence, want for food nor thirst for water.

48:6.12 (552.10) Though I go down into the valley of uncertainty or ascend up into the worlds of doubt,

48:6.13 (552.11) Though I move in loneliness or with the fellows of my kind,

48:6.14 (552.12) Though I triumph in the choirs of light or falter in the solitary places of the spheres,

48:6.15 (552.13) Your good spirit shall minister to me, and your glorious angel will comfort me.

48:6.16 (552.14) Though I descend into the depths of darkness and death itself,

48:6.17 (552.15) I shall not doubt you nor fear you,

48:6.18 (552.16) For I know that in the fullness of time and the glory of your name

48:6.19 (552.17) You will raise me up to sit with you on the battlements on high.

48:6.20 (553.1) That is the story whispered in the night season to the shepherd boy. He could not retain it word for word, but to the best of his memory he gave it much as it is recorded today.

8)

PostPosted:  

48:7.14 12. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.

PostPosted:  

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU ARE ALL GENIUSES THAT'S WHY WE ARE ALL HERE. I CAN ASSURE YOU I WAS ABOUT TO ASK FOR ADMISSION AT MY WORKPLACE HOSPITAL BECAUSE HERE PEOPLE ARE VERY UNLOVING AND MATERIALISTIC THERE IS NO RECIPROCATION FOR ANY HELP I OFFER HOWEVER LITTLE ITS LIKE SURVIVAL FOR FITTEST YET I NOW BELIEVE WE AI'NT IN THAT STAGE NO MORE THOUGH WE HAVE VERY HELPFUL ONES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED YET THEY ARE TOO BEING DISSAPOINTED CONSTANTLY BY OTHERS AND VARIOUS EVENTS. PRAY FOR THESE DEAR ONES TOO BECAUSE WE ARE ALL TOGETHER IN THIS. LETS ALL BE THE REAL LIGHT WORKERS. SOON PEOPLE WILL NOTICE THE TRUTH AND JOIN US. FOR NOW I ASK OF YOU TO PRAY FOR ME CONCERNING CURRENT ALCOHOL AND SIGGARETES PROBLEM WHICH ARE CURRENTLY CALMING ME DOWN FOR I WAS ADMITTED IN HOSPITAL EARLIER FOR MIXING ALCOHOL WITH ANTIDEPRESSANTS (TO ADDRESS FEAR FOR I CANT EVEN TALK INFRONT OF PEOPLE).AS I TIPE THIS I AM CURRENTLY VERY HIGH BUT SORRY FOR THIS. HELP ME TO TAPPER DOWN THEN I WILL STOP COMPLETELY THROUGH YOUR PRAYERS. PRAY FOR MY FAMILY LIFE I WISH TO START SOON TO WORK PERFECTLY TOO WITH NO PROBLEMS BECAUSE FAMILY LIFE IS THE PILLAR OF OUR MATERIAL EXISTENCE. THANK YOU ALL BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANY MORE TURMOIL WITHIN THIS LIFE. PRAY FOR ALL DRUG USERS BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE ORDAINED WAY OF LIFE BUT MAYBE THEY HAVE NO MORE HELP IN OFFER THEY MIGHT BE RESENTFUL WHY THEY KEEP ON FAILING. I WILL CONTINUE TO BE GOOD AND THAT'S THE QUEST FOR TRUTH THAT'S WHY I EVEN LANDED ON SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU. PRAY FOR ME DEAR ONES.

PostPosted:  

No worries, brother. We will pray for you and those who help you (and for those who don't).

I know what it's like to battle these lures of the flesh. Turn to God, friend. Let Him cleanse you of these desires, these fears, this incredible anxiety. Know that with a genuine desire for a pure heart, that you are saved. Everything is and will be OK, no matter what. Those earthly concerns are nothing compared to this eternal assurance. You are safe and secure with God. He loves you in all his infinitude as though you were his only child. You are never, ever alone. He guides you and protects you through your struggles, if you let Him. Let Him cleanse your heart. Give Him all your worries. Let Him lift you up. He is your Best Friend.

We pray for you!