Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Personal Prayer request
PostPosted:  

Dear Fellow UB Readers,

Thanks for taking the time to read my request. I feel a serious need, as I would not usually make this request. Part involves forgiveness. I have posted several topics describing my uncertainty over what to believe and adhere to. Over the last 5 years or so I have been "absolutely certain" about the UB and yet have also been "absolutely certain" about other things too. It doesn't quite add up, and it is most unsettling. So I apologize for making absolute statements regarding what I was supposedly so certain about. Perhaps I might suppose that people have been asserting themselves and their beliefs for so long that my own personal assertions have made little difference. Nonetheless, I would like prayer for positive outworking.

One effect is that I have become uncertain with respect to how God views my situation. I know that ultimately I should be responsible for what I do, its just I need help getting where I need to be. I was just reading Paper 7 section 6 which indicates that Magisterial Sons serve as judges of survival in the creations of time and space. It got me thinking over what that might mean for me. I feel insecure in that I may be counted not "worthy" of surviving. Mabey Im worrying too much as a result of the residual effects of fear-based religion. Im at a point where I feel like I can't arrive at a conclusion of the knowledge of the truth. By that I don't mean to predetermine what the outcome of judgment would be, just that I feel somehow responsible for believing the right thing, yet helpless to differentiate between what I have learned in the past and what the actual truth is. I would guess that many people have this problem, so perhaps I should have called the subject of this post "general request for knowledge of truth". But it does leave me with a feeling of despair for mercy instead of hope.

In the end, God has a unique relationship with every individual, and we all have opportunity for growth and improvement. God always has the perfect plan and the best idea concerning any situation. Sometimes, you just have to trust Him.
Aaron

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Ignorance is not a sin. Not knowing what do is not a sin. Just the desire to find god is initself proof that god has found you already. Why would god kill his own infant who is trying desperately to find him?

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Aaron wrote:
Quote:
Sometimes, you just have to trust Him.

Brother Aaron,

You just said the right answer. Here are some passages that I read whenever doubt comes to my mind.

93:4.8 2. You shall not doubt that faith is the only requirement for eternal salvation.

102:6.7 Belief may not be able to resist doubt and withstand fear, but faith is always triumphant over doubting, for faith is both positive and living. The positive always has the advantage over the negative, truth over error, experience over theory, spiritual realities over the isolated facts of time and space. The convincing evidence of this spiritual certainty consists in the social fruits of the spirit which such believers, faithers, yield as a result of this genuine spiritual experience. Said Jesus: “If you love your fellows as I have loved you, then shall all men know that you are my disciples.”

110:3.5 Confusion, being puzzled, even sometimes discouraged and distracted, does not necessarily signify resistance to the leadings of the indwelling Adjuster. Such attitudes may sometimes connote lack of active co-operation with the divine Monitor and may, therefore, somewhat delay spiritual progress, but such intellectual emotional difficulties do not in the least interfere with the certain survival of the God-knowing soul. Ignorance alone can never prevent survival; neither can confusional doubts nor fearful uncertainty. Only conscious resistance to the Adjuster’s leading can prevent the survival of the evolving immortal soul.

34:7.8 Having started out on the way of life everlasting, having accepted the assignment and received your orders to advance, do not fear the dangers of human forgetfulness and mortal inconstancy, do not be troubled with doubts of failure or by perplexing confusion, do not falter and question your status and standing, for in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, “This is the way.”

PostPosted:  

Brother Aaron,

Dad loves you and will never let you go. I put in a good word for you but he said it was not necessary but He was glad I did so anyway. Thanks for asking for the prayer. I like pleasing the old man. :smile:

Louis

PostPosted:  

Brother Aaron - you have my prayerful support as well. Something I am struggling with to improve is to give up my "need" to control outcomes and "fix" problems.....or worry about consequences. But our only true responsibility is our motive and intent in life, day by day, and the taking of action within relationships to learn better how to choose our actions. The intent is ours, but ALL consequences for good intentions is Father's. Don't know that this means anything to you but it helps me act more confidently even if I error in the act itself....if my heart is right, it will work out somehow, sometime....it's all in His hands, eh? Peace to you fellow tadpole and pilgrim.

PostPosted:  

Aloha Aaron....this quote has really calmed my thinking and struggles at times for over 30 years and is one of my favorite quotes...of course there are many :wink:

34:7.8 Having started out on the way of life everlasting, having accepted the assignment and received your orders to advance, do not fear the dangers of human forgetfulness and mortal inconstancy, do not be troubled with doubts of failure or by perplexing confusion, do not falter and question your status and standing, for in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, “This is the way.”

PostPosted:  

Dear fellows,
Thanks so much for your support and encouragment. It really means a lot to me. As I have been reasoning over the last several days, it has gradually been seeming that there is less to worry about. You all have very nice things to say and I found it comforting. I am somewhat still on the mend recovering from the shock of such a major shift in consciousness, but after the turbulence, the plane should land safely. :P

PostPosted:  

Dude, you are on your own journey. It will be different from any other journey in the superuniverse. And you will, in your own small way, contribute the the fullfillment of the Supreme. So enjoy the journey. Don't be in too much of a rush to figure it all out. Enjoy them moment! You have all eternity to get it together.

Me, I don't sweat the small stuff (and on this crazy planet its all small stuff). I know I don't know, and that gives me the confidence to face another day. I am happy to be ignorant, I know that each day I grow just a bit more. With the eye of eternity, you can see that even the most "together" person on this world has only slightly more spritual awareness than the rest of us.

Imagine that the amount of spirituality we need to find the Father is equal to the amount of water in the ocean. Now I figure that I got at least a pint jar already. But look over there, that guy, he's got a swimming pool! Man he is so much more advanced than me. But wait, we both have the ocean to go... So in the big picture, we are almost equally ignorant of the true reality of eternal existance, right? So keep it in perspective, man, and go with the flow.

This life is a wild roller coaster of a ride, so hang on and enjoy the show!

PostPosted:  

Theres A Conspiracy of Spiritual Forces :wink:

34:6.9 In every mortal there exists a dual nature: the inheritance of animal tendencies and the high urge of spirit endowment. During the short life you live on Urantia, these two diverse and opposing urges can seldom be fully reconciled; they can hardly be harmonized and unified; but throughout your lifetime the combined Spirit ever ministers to assist you in subjecting the flesh more and more to the leading of the Spirit. Even though you must live your material life through, even though you cannot escape the body and its necessities, nonetheless, in purpose and ideals you are empowered increasingly to subject the animal nature to the mastery of the Spirit. There truly exists within you a conspiracy of spiritual forces, a confederation of divine powers, whose exclusive purpose is to effect your final deliverance from material bondage and finite handicaps.

PostPosted:  

Good one Coop it's been many years since I read this one......so true and brings me much relief just knowing. :wink:

PostPosted:  

alwilliams767 wrote:
So in the big picture, we are almost equally ignorant of the true reality of eternal existance, right?

This life is a wild roller coaster of a ride, so hang on and enjoy the show!

Hey Al,
well said. I started chuckling when I read that. I do need to take things less seriously and lighten up. The world just might be a better place if everyone did that.
Thanks for your insight.
Aaron

PostPosted:  

48:4.15 When we are tempted to magnify our self-importance, if we stop to contemplate the infinity of the greatness and grandeur of our Makers, our own self-glorification becomes sublimely ridiculous, even verging on the humorous. One of the functions of humor is to help all of us take ourselves less seriously. Humor is the divine antidote for exaltation of ego.

PostPosted:  

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted:  

Hey Coop,
I wanted to let you know I agree with you. We may tend to be short sighted, but there really is a much bigger picture. Sometimes its hard to imagine how things will all work out, but it must somehow be part of God's plan. Thanks for pointers.
Aaron

PostPosted:  

This gem came to mind :wink:
156:5.8 Do not become discouraged by the discovery that you are human. Human nature may tend toward evil, but it is not inherently sinful. Be not downcast by your failure wholly to forget some of your regrettable experiences. The mistakes which you fail to forget in time will be forgotten in eternity. Lighten your burdens of soul by speedily acquiring a long-distance view of your destiny, a universe expansion of your career.
Aloha...