Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: CA
PostPosted:  

Even so, the Urantia Book(UB) is the best set of ideas ever NOT to be “religion-ized”. For, if not a religion…? What else but an idea? And, the idea is EPOCHAL.
I pray,
Father, what willing Grace there is within your Will. How deep is your indwelling in our lives. Always, you have been with us as we experience life. When we so often isolate ourselves from you thru the choices we make, Faithful are you in returning to our budding awareness thru the prompting of your Will. We are so happy to live in an aware relationship with you per FER. We vary so much yet still we respect one another. The idea of brotherhood, at some point of realization, requires this of each of us: LOVE one another. You’ve made that known to be your will, so…it IS. The brotherhood of man(no caps)…IS…on some level of realization. The Brotherhood of Man, the expressed Will of God, is yet to come. As you help us to live in the “difference”, with all the spirits and gravities unrealized service, let us not forget to thank you for the FER. It IS infectious.
Help us to harvest the ideas you are pouring out on our generations. Help us embrace the idea of a friendly universe, a loving god and the inevitability of relationship. Father, this is our first experience with the potentials of awareness as living beings. As we grow to embrace sonship-relationship help us remain aware of your ideas of brotherhood. Sustain us as we grow in our desire to serve your Will. Even now, as your will is being done, there are tensions of emotion and intellect at work within and among us, pray give us your Peace. Let peace-desire grow within us and stimulate a flowing of ideas, evenso, thy will be done.

Thanks,
bill

that felt good. This is a prayer forum, right?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Quote:
But I was talking about Adjuster likeness.

It's an intellectual catch 22 again. Without consciously experiencing Divine love, one can not possibly focusing on such Godly Affection. So it goes to the basic work again:

"But emotion alone is a false conversion; one must have faith as well as feeling. To the extent that such psychic mobilization is partial, and in so far as such HUMAN-LOYALTY motivation is incomplete, to that extent will the experience of conversion be a blended intellectual, emotional, and spiritual reality”

“In contrast with conversion-seeking, the better approach to the morontia zones of possible contact with the Thought Adjuster would be through living faith and sincere worship, wholehearted and unselfish prayer.”

But such is only a suggestion. Each individual has to find his unique way to be with his indwelling Father. The focus should still be internal on God, not external on our siblings.

Perhaps the question is whether "love" as we experience/understand is Adjuster like at all?

PostPosted:  

Well the basis of what I am trying to say is, if we work together spiritually as brother's in each other's precense I feel that we have a better chance at adjusterlikeness than we do if we go it alone. the apostles where never alone. But I don't mean sitting there with your brother's and reading out of the urantia book and having a study group about it lol. I mean just spending time and meditating and praying and connecting with your brother's or brother and god at the same time, and sharing your deepest secret's and trusting each other that when one of you fail's the other will pick you up.

Of coarse finding a human being that will actually be so loyal and good that you can trust him on a spiritual level is a rear thing. I have only met 1 human beign that I was able to do this with on a continual basis.

Of coarse though if you working side by side with someone who does not believe in god, such as a new-ager who feel's they are god (panthiesm), then you might as well put a gun in your mouth lol. Because a room full of those guy's all trying to become god at once is suicide, hahah I have been in a room like that and its strange haha.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Thank you for your sincerity. Growing in the Kingdom is not easy on this confused and darkened planet. Many times we are longing for true spiritual help from our brethren, but very little actually comes forth because many who are teaching are confused and darkened themselves. In total frustration, one has to go to God and God alone here on Urantia.

It is very rare that two sincere truth seeking people with similar theology meet each other. The danger of such meeting may be that the similarity will cause stagnation for both them as far as progress is concerned. Conflict intellectually sometimes is helpful to discern higher meanings and greater values. But they will truly love each other because they are midally and spiritually similar.

Perhaps only the manifestation of true Godliness can help the new agers realize that they are not gods. Again this is the yoke for every God conscious mortal, in faith to be Godlike in his daily life. This yoke is light if you ask your valiant Adjuster to work with you and for you.

You may trust/love everybody as your brethren, but do not expect too much that s/he can actually pull your further spiritually. But I must admit some the readers in the Urantia Papers circles are third circle and higher. I am fortunate enough to meet one such person who was the first actual reader I met after I discovered FER. Without his help, I can not be where I am today. Still, I did not totally trust him until I resolved the issue I am indwelt by my Father within. It took about ten years.

PostPosted:  

Perhaps only the manifestation of true Godliness can help the new agers realize that they are not gods"

yea they are prone to following god-like human being's, I could only imagine if they were in the presence of someone like Adam or Eve they may abondon their theology pretty quickly hahaha.

Yea I had a Friend who was similar to me spiritually and in maturity. We both would meditate together and pray together and worship god just while we went about our daily bussiness as friends, and of coarse we would debate alot to haha. It helped alot, but he is deceased now so it has been tricky trying to do it all alone, but thank god I got the urantia book to stop me when I get carried away on any one tangent for to long.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

The Urantia Papers do not guide you, your Father within does. FER only points the truth to you and you have to make decision on what to with it.