Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: CA
PostPosted:  

Along these lines I have always appreciated the phrase "the Father's business." It seems the Fellowship and the Foundation have a firm handle on "business" matters, since they diligently elicit contributions to keep their efforts afloat, and nobody can fault them any more than we can fault any service-organization or educational mission that seeks to uplift humanity by and through their individual means and methods.

My concern is always when the organization gets the cart before the horse. Most humans do this. They think, "Oh, I need to do this" (even, "It is God's will for me to do this") and they scramble around to get the funds necessary to do the deed they believe they are to do. It is my contention that this is getting the cart before the horse. If we are truly being about "the Father's business" we will set out to do what we believe we are to do and the funds will be forthcoming, and if they are not forthcoming -- or the goods or the facilities or the venue or whatever -- then perhaps somebody is putting their own will in front of God's will and practicing their own business instead of the Father's business.

As soon as I observe an individual or a group emphasizing their fund-raising efforts over their goals and ideals, I know they have gotten the cart before the horse and they are doomed to fail ... or at least run aground of their ambitious undertakings, no matter how noble they may seem to be. The upshot of this is that grandstanding is downplayed; thus, effective workers are kept humble, like the Reserve Corps of Destiny who most often don't even know they are acting on behalf of God. It doesn't matter if s/he is a success in the eyes of the world, only if s/he is a success in the eyes of Divinity. Our Kingdom is not of this world. So we ought not give a hoot whether our product is slick and glossy, only that it is clean and paid for. If the meek shall inherit the earth, perhaps the humble will inherit the Father's "business" and Father himself will run it. That's the business I want to be part of.

A worker in the field,

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

If you still desire self-forgetfulness, you have not forgot your self yet. Our Father's Business is self-forgetful service. The catch 22 part is that one must make conscious effort to do God's Will. Can one be self-forgetful in consciously making effort?

PostPosted:  

Your post reminds me of the inevitability (number 8) from page 51 of the UB, Tony, which states, "Is unselfishness -- the spirit of self-forgetfulness -- desirable? Then must mortal man live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. Man could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. Man could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.

Superconsciousness, which is "consciousness of consciousness," requires that we be conscious. "It is my will that His will be done," requires a personal investment. We are admonished to make decisions, more decisions and yet more decisions, which would indicate we need to THINK before we act, not merely act. Sometimes it seems as if my Adjuster is Self-Acting and I can hear it speaking through me, almost as if I were an observer, but most of the time I am consciously mindful of my intent, my purpose ... which is not the same thing as being focused on the self, on the ego, for the benefit of the self or the ego ... and I live face to face with the choice once more, of whether or not to choose the divine life. It is my destiny.

PostPosted:  

TonyMa wrote:
If you still desire self-forgetfulness, you have not forgot your self yet. Our Father's Business is self-forgetful service. The catch 22 part is that one must make conscious effort to do God's Will. Can one be self-forgetful in consciously making effort?

I'll take that one step farther, can you actually do the "will of god" without first being in love with your neighbour?, how can you do "god's will" for someone if you do not love the person first?....que "Inception" the movie theme song...lol

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Just to go further into my previous point. To serve mankind mean's nothing. There are plenty of service industry job's out there where people do all sorts of service for mankind. It's "LOVING" service that makes it of value, and as we all know to LOVE our neighbour is challenging enough, to actually do Loving service to our neighbour is just taking that love to the next step.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I'll take that one step farther, can you actually do the "will of god" without first being in love with your neighbour?, how can you do "god's will" for someone if you do not love the person first?....que "Inception" the movie theme song...lol

This is not an easy question to answer. It seems sincere Truth seeking is doing God's will. "Loving your fellows" may not even in the seeker's mind in the beginning. After a person becomes God conscious, he experiences God's love consciously; therefore, he can not help loving Him back. This does not immediately translate into loving one's fellows. It may be a growing process from tolerance to Fatherly love as he consistently makes the effort to do God's will.

Man tends to interpret God's love with the way and experiences he loves. Feelingly experiencing Divine love completely liberates him from the anthropomorphic prison as far as Divine Love is concerned.

So a God conscious man can do God's will for someone even though he may not love the other in human way.

Quote:
P.40 - §3 At times I am almost pained to be compelled to portray the divine affection of the heavenly Father for his universe children by the employment of the human word symbol love. This term, even though it does connote man's highest concept of the mortal relations of respect and devotion, is so frequently designative of so much of human relationship that is wholly ignoble and utterly unfit to be known by any word which is also used to indicate the matchless affection of the living God for his universe creatures! How unfortunate that I cannot make use of some supernal and exclusive term which would convey to the mind of man the true nature and exquisitely beautiful significance of the divine affection of the Paradise Father.

PostPosted:  

It should be noted that if a person totally embraces brotherly love for mankind prior to the pouring out the Spirit of Truth, his Adjuster will descend on him.

Quote:
P.1187 - §8 4. The spirit of brotherhood. Regardless of the attainment of the psychic circles and the assignment of personal guardians--in the absence of anything P.1188 - §0 resembling a crisis decision--when an evolving mortal becomes dominated by the love of his fellows and consecrated to unselfish ministry to his brethren in the flesh, the waiting Adjuster unvaryingly descends to indwell the mind of such a mortal minister.

It is a very high achievement cosmically.

PostPosted:  

AND When we come to realise that
Our Brothers and Sisters are Also indwelt
with the Gift of A Fragment of GOD
THE Thought Adjuster , WE Can not help
to then Love them .

Love the Sinner , hate / abhor the Sin .

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
AND When we come to realise that
Our Brothers and Sisters are Also indwelt
with the Gift of A Fragment of GOD
THE Thought Adjuster , WE Can not help
to then Love them .

Love the Sinner , hate / abhor the Sin .

Logically, if one reciprocates the divine love of the Father, he should love his fellows. However, soul growth is not intellectual consequence. In other words, what is obvious in the Urantia Papers knowledge wise may not be actual conscious experiences of a reader if he is sincere enough to himself.

PostPosted:  

Urantia clearly states that the level of our "spirituality" or our "spiritual mind" is directly proportional to how much love we have for our brother's. There is no "god conciousness" without a spiritual mind first. We cannot escape love, and we cannot will it, this is the commonplace daily challenge for all of us to achieve and it takes time and effort. "god conciousness" is akin to adjuster-likeness, and no DOUBT we would all love to be there, but like my name tag say's The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live each day loyall as a tadpole. We as urantia book reader's thirst so much for spiritual gift's, but we have to pay the price of living a normal live in the flesh where we actually "desire" to do loving service first. We really do have to be patient and wait for this "god conciousness" after years of actually being in love with our brother's, etleast that is my 2 cent's. No 2 people are going to see the same on this topic but I think its a fun topic of conversation.

It may seem like an impossible task to love those around you in your day to day live's but that is where religion comes in, God's desire is LOVE, and that is a worthy desire to pray for. What we lack in love for our fellow's now can be shared with us threw our father if we only have faith that he can trasmit his love to us.

I have seen leader's in the urantia book community talk about this God-concousness, and Cosmic concousness alot. But we are forgeting all the step's inbetween.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

It is the choice between practicing love as we know on our fellows in order to become more God conscious and seeking to experience consciously the Divine love from the Indwelling Father to realize what Divine love is.

The sad part about a tadpole is that it has no personality, its loyalty can not be progressive. If we interpret the saying of the Melchizedek as a tadpole, the best we can be is a frog, which can never escape from non-spiritual energized material reality.

We must interpret first alright, but choice has to be made whether there are higher interpretations. Or we stay with the first thing comes to our mind. Initially, the Adjuster can only present higher choices in our mind with hope we develop the habit of choosing progressive higher and higher values. Sometimes we love some of the choices so much that we crystalize them in our mind that we use them to interpret what come externally. These become the obstacles to our growth because we loyal like a tadpole to the crystals in our mind, no longer progressive towards the Source.

PostPosted:  

TonyMa wrote:
It is the choice between practicing love as we know on our fellows in order to become more God conscious and seeking to experience consciously the Divine love from the Indwelling Father to realize what Divine love is.

The sad part about a tadpole is that it has no personality, its loyalty can not be progressive. If we interpret the saying of the Melchizedek as a tadpole, the best we can be is a frog, which can never escape from non-spiritual energized material reality.

We must interpret first alright, but choice has to be made whether there are higher interpretations. Or we stay with the first thing comes to our mind. Initially, the Adjuster can only present higher choices in our mind with hope we develop the habit of choosing progressive higher and higher values. Sometimes we love some of the choices so much that we crystalize them in our mind that we use them to interpret what come externally. These become the obstacles to our growth because we loyal like a tadpole to the crystals in our mind, no longer progressive towards the Source.

All human’s (tadpoles) are given personality’s at first wether they keep them or not is their choice.

Love is not a “choice.” As stated in the urantia book it is the “desire” to do good to others. “You cannot truly love your fellows by a mere act of the will”

concousness of god is not so much important as the “desire” for god. Again this is stated in the Urantia book, I will look up the quote if you would liek to see it.

’’But the great problem of religious living consists in the task of unifying the soul powers of the personality by the dominance of LOVE”’’

"If each mortal could only become a focus of dynamic affection, this benign virus of love would soon pervade the sentimental emotion-stream of humanity to such an extent that all civilization would be encompassed by love, and THAT WOULD be the realization of the brotherhood of man.”

Though to just speak to the point you are making about God concousness the Urantia book talks about how this may come about, It concludes its statement’s about the “conversation” to God conscousness with this remark

"But emotion alone is a false conversion; one must have faith as well as feeling. To the extent that such psychic mobilization is partial, and in so far as such HUMAN-LOYALTY motivation is incomplete, to that extent will the experience of conversion be a blended intellectual, emotional, and spiritual reality”

“In contrast with conversion-seeking, the better approach to the morontia zones of possible contact with the Thought Adjuster would be through living faith and sincere worship, wholehearted and unselfish prayer.”

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
.. We really do have to be patient and wait for this "god conciousness" after years of actually being in love with our brother's, etleast that is my 2 cent's. No 2 people are going to see the same on this topic but I think its a fun topic of conversation. ..
Hi Boomshuka. :smile: Actually, it seems that God-consciousness precedes brotherly love and the subsequent brotherhood of man and ensuing altruistic social order. "We do not naturally love other persons." "Only a God-knowing individual can love another person as he loves himself." "You become conscious of man as your creature brother because you are already conscious of God as your Creator Father. Fatherhood is the relationship out of which we reason ourselves into the recognition of brotherhood." ..
Quote:
16:9.7 Unselfishness, aside from parental instinct, is not altogether natural; other persons are not naturally loved or socially served. It requires the enlightenment of reason, morality, and the urge of religion, God-knowingness, to generate an unselfish and altruistic social order. Man’s own personality awareness, self-consciousness, is also directly dependent on this very fact of innate other-awareness, this innate ability to recognize and grasp the reality of other personality, ranging from the human to the divine.

16:9.8 Unselfish social consciousness must be, at bottom, a religious consciousness; that is, if it is objective; otherwise it is a purely subjective philosophic abstraction and therefore devoid of love. Only a God-knowing individual can love another person as he loves himself.

16:9.14 You become conscious of man as your creature brother because you are already conscious of God as your Creator Father. Fatherhood is the relationship out of which we reason ourselves into the recognition of brotherhood. And Fatherhood becomes, or may become, a universe reality to all moral creatures because the Father has himself bestowed personality upon all such beings and has encircuited them within the grasp of the universal personality circuit. We worship God, first, because he is, then, because he is in us, and last, because we are in him.

16:9.15 Is it strange that the cosmic mind should be self-consciously aware of its own source, the infinite mind of the Infinite Spirit, and at the same time conscious of the physical reality of the far-flung universes, the spiritual reality of the Eternal Son, and the personality reality of the Universal Father?

PostPosted:  

A baby recognizes the love of his parents first before he can have any hope to love his siblings. As far as logic goes, one can not possibly love his Heavenly siblings until he experiences the love from his Heaven Parents.

Granted, everybody here is a God loving person, or he experiences consciously or unconsciously Divine love from his Adjuster who represents the Father in Time and Space creation. It seems that transforming the loving experience from God to serve/love our siblings can actually make us more God conscious. Still, the message should be emphasized on transforming Love experienced from within to external reality instead of focusing upon externally practicing love.

It is more important to focus upon God's Love, sanely advancing one's Adjuster consciousness by paying more attention to the inner world where the indwelling Father is, Divinely loving one's fellows will grow naturally as consequence.

The life and teaching of Jesus never mentions Jesus focusing upon loving his fellows externally, but he always talks to his Father within. Many Christians have missed the essence of Jesus' teaching, identifying/communicating with the Loving Father. The rests are nature outcomes. Too many of them try to produce spirit fruits artificially without. No wonder there are so little progress of the Kingdom on Urantia. As readers of the Urantia Papers, we should be at least a little bit wiser. If we do as the Christians do, we are going to be end up like them, practicing religion about FER, instead religion of FER.

The Great First Commandment: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and might, translating into FER terms: Sanely advance Adjuster consciousness by focusing more on the inner world where the indwelling Father is.

The midwayers have give enough hints, the rest we must do ourselves with personal efforts. It is not easy to grow in the Kingdom as to enter the Kingdom. Inner work is always harder because our attention is used to focus more on the external reality. Since each of us is waring a different Seraphic draft, inner work can only be individual effort. The broadest instruction is to choose the highest value, the rest one must experientially discover on his own. This makes progressing in the Kingdom harder, some personal effort must be made without external help. The Father within is always there to guide you for your inner work.

PostPosted:  

God-knowingness is completely different from Cosmic mind though. We are talking about 2 different things lol.
No doubt God-knowingness is essential to love. But I was talking about Adjuster likeness.

loveofrightdoing