Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:55 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: CA
PostPosted:  

Recently the Spirit has been moving on me in an awareness of trends.

There is a growing tendency in the free economy system. The "Consumer Beware" practice is being surplanted in a gravitation towards a "Customer Advocate"(CA) philosophy.

As this position grows many service oriented opportunities will present themselves and I pray the human will finds a way to harness those potentials. It may take fifty years to fully manifest itself, but I comprehend CA to be one seed among many that is cast into these generations. I pray CA finds "good soil".

Hey, coop. I've missed you, my friend. I remember you and I think of Joer. Those are good Christmas presents I happily receive.

Pray with me,
Father, it is with a thankful heart that we acknowledge you in our fellowship. YOU are our reason to gather. Help us as we continue to redefine the meanings and values of our daily lives. Thank you for sustaining us. Uphold us and encourage us as we stumble in the dim light of human potential. Help us to tie trust and accountability together and knotted together may their union convey moral value...love led and service desiring. May their creation of opportunity be ministy soil for your purposes. And, Father, may our children be more blessed than we? Eternally, your will be done...Abba, Father.

coop, SuperNameste

their light is warm,
those spirit born.
they glow within,
embrace no sin.

who are they?
they look my way!
Oh! God. I fear.
HE is here...

awaken now somehow saved,
rocky pathway suddenly paved.
"i am" in sonship ignites the fire
warming, warming hearts' desire.

our light is warm,
we spirit born.
we glow within,
we, your kin.

Be blessed,
bill

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: CA
PostPosted:  

I think I now know which Uncle Bill you are....Welcome back! :biggrin:
Hope all is well with you and yours....
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Hiyah unc Bill 8)

AM Glad to see yah Back an pray all is well .

NAMASTE TO YOU ALSO BROTHER

Could you expand a lil bit on your meaning/s of CA ?
Too much eggnog dulls the mind lol .

Thee Greatest CA IS The Father I AM
AS In his Selfless sevice to his Faith sons
and Daughters he Fully gives a part of himself
with our Ta's .

Satisfaction Guaranteed

He even has a return policy .

Thanks for the uplifting an inspiring
Prayer .

Sometimes HOPE IS ALL Some Have .

TB&G

'' Yah Cant allways get what yah Want , ...
but if yah try sometimes , you just might find ...
yah GET What yah NEED ... '' OH YEAH

Father KNOWS , HE ALLWAYS KNOWS .

The Middle Way

IF the string is too tight it will break

IF Its too loose It wont make the harmonic note .

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Remember -- this is a discussion board about The Urantia Book. What's the connection?

PostPosted:  

HI LARRY 8)

I Cant speak for Bill , but it seems to relate to
our Material Needs / and Wants .

And the Striveing of the Balance of them
with our spiritual Needs / and Wants . ?

OF Course I Could be Wrooong and
missing the point .

PostPosted:  

coop: "Could you expand a lil bit on your meaning/s of CA ?"

Sure coop. I’m always attuned to Types and Shadows(TS). That’s why I love the parables Jesus frequently used. The Urantia Book(UB) doesn’t make too great a use of them as the UB, to be deeply appreciated, needs be received from a more enlightened perspective. Like the Bible and other great revealed works, the consistency of the content does not yield similar consistency in meaning and value. Somehow they speak to us differently when approached in a proper attitude.
So, I was praying about the economy. I worked thru the long list of obvious bitch-points and when I finally shut up, the Spirit “touched my heart” and a panaroma of memories began to unfold in my interactive imagination. The succession of memories are like a short-flic. A few seconds at most. In those few seconds something in me changed and I lost all economic concern. Emptied.
What I witnessed was a perspective with assurance. In this perspective I became aware of the Consumer Beware philosophy within a free-market economic system. It became a moral issue for me…know what I mean? So. over the last few months I’ve studied with an elevated interest in a more “moral economy”. I know that’s an unusual concept…for good reason.
Anyway, in those few seconds I witnessed a trend in our society that indicates a need for advocacy. For instance, Truthbook advocates the UB.
Customer Advocate(CA) is my experimental understanding prompted by this experience. CA, I’ve introduce on a business tri-fold this way: "Cover symbol (octagon, quad-arrow, plus sign centered) represents users intent to practice enlightened self-interest by favoring “Customer Advocate” business mode over “Consumer Beware” operating philosophy."
Followed by: "Helping your money work smarter is better for everyone…"
I believe brand recognition and customer loyalty are critical for the survival of any business. The “symbol” is the “brand” and “CA” is the play for “customer loyalty”. CA is a reach out to each customer not all consumers as a whole. CA is a philosophical position centered in relationship. It says “Helping your money work smarter” because it is my best interests to do so as a business.
Why share all this? Well, that’s where the “assurance” part comes in. I’m put at easy because of my relationship with the UB and the Father of it all. I witness in my spirit a trend. I apply myself with my TA and receive direction, understanding and relief.
Now, my TA takes this insight and applies it to my memories and adjusts relationships and meanings in new ways…well, new to me. My TA, who will remain nameless, utilizes “Type and Shadow” recognition devices in unison with CA thinking to reveal new means…even in old parables. Ain’t God great? GO, FATHER!

Make any sense?,
bill

Last edited by oobie on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Oh, lwatkins, hi.

Thanks for bearing with me as I strive to connect-the-dots to reveal the "connection". Sorry, I don't know how to seperate relevance from my verbal-vomit. In my mind...it is the way it is.

Please correct me if I stray too far and Thank You for demonstrating your concern for this readership. I'm just real excited by what the Father is doing on our world and when a peek blinks into awareness...I naturally need to share. Ineptly, perhaps, but sincerely.

Why post CA here in this forum? To say, "Prayer works".

Thanks again,
bill

PostPosted:  

Thanks for shareing Brother Bill 8)

I Better understand your meanings now .

Lots to ponder and reflect upon indeed .
And a anolgy of it in some ways reflects the Customer Service
Policies of my Credit Union .

... '' represents users intent to practice enlightened self-interest by favoring “Customer Advocate ... ''

my Hope and the UPapers Advocate a future Step up on the
Ladder to Have A Practice of ... enlightened selfless Service .
Which Will have a greater Good for ALL/EVERYONE .

Rather than just a personal practice of ''enlightened self-interest ''

A Quote in the UPapers Goes somethin like

A Time will come when man will Do the right thing ,
Not because its the right thing to DO ,
But because he Will WANT To Do the right thing .

Selfless Service is one of the keys to kingdom era of
Light an Life on Urantia / Earth ! :idea:
IMHO

PostPosted:  

I fully agree coop. Enlightened self-interest as a business model however is a means of introducing mutual interests of both the business and the customer. It has nothing to do with mere self-interest as noted in your post. It's only a meager step in the direction towards selfless service. In CA the symbol is a statement of participation and acknowledgement of mutual enlightenment, i.e.; It is in my business interests to serve your needs as a customer.

Because of the UB I keep finding applications for this thinking in unexpected ways.

make sense?
bill

PostPosted:  

Yes , Make Cents ! :mrgreen:

PostPosted:  

CA is still a manifestation of "for profit" motive in the economy. Until the citizenry is spiritualized to the point that economy becomes "service" oriented, nothing can beat "selfishness".

PostPosted:  

Hmm. That's certainly a logical position.
Still, aren't we told that spiritual things are initiated by action? Spiritualizing a citizenry is what the FER is about, eh?
CA is a baby step, not a solution. CA suggests a more inviting path(relationship) in a way to fullfil the "selfishness" and call it "enlightened self-interest"...by "helping your money work smarter".
"For profit" is part of our mandate as evolving beings. It is NOT in opposition to the spirit of "service". It's a question of motive, I suppose. And, of course, the motives of others is something only the spirit can unveil.
I've only been entertaining the CA concept for a few months and am looking for some peer dialog. As I witness this to be a "spiritual thing", I thought, "What better place to share?"...Truthbook. I suppose I'm looking for a little action.

TonyMa, I appreciate the objection. It has helped me grow. I might disagree with some implied assumptions but I respect your spontaneous view. I'm listening to Paper 102 while I write and feel good about this post. I hope you will revisit that Paper, too.

In good spirits,
bill

PostPosted:  

Bottom line still rules in this economy. Some "smart" business people even come up with the saying "Customers are dictators". "For profit" motive is already one move ahead of CA. Intense competition forces a business to cater to its customers that how to serve them well dictates how the business is run.

I am not against CA. But I do not think it is initiated spiritually. It is impossible to spiritualize with materialistic oriented actions. However, some materialistic actions may be oriented to help spiritual manifestations. CA does not seem to be one of those.

PostPosted:  

wow.
I've been thinking about TonyMa (Bonita?) response most of the day.

"Ask and you will receive" concept introduced by Jesus seems to be in opposition to your presentation. What I "feel" is a sense of authority I don't recognize.
I'd be interested in hearing how you developed your conclusions. Thanks for responding, it has helped me grow.

I admit I've been adjusting my thinking relative to CA. I hadn't thought of abandoning it ofhandedly.

Altho I may desire the prayers of readers concerning CA, I require no opposition. I'd encourage every mind, of every son-of-us, to practice enlightened self-interest, to think within yourself(TA), act to serve and yield desires unworthy of a child. By encourage, I mean, "I pray".

Admin: If I'm out of line here, please advise.

Peace,
bill

PostPosted:  

"Ask you shall receive" is more applicably to spiritual reality which is altruistic than material reality. We may ask within ourselves "Are there Spirit directed self-interests? " Self-interest is self-interest, not matter what qualifiers are used.

I must admit most immature prayers are of self-interest. Don't take this personally. You and the ideas you are advocating are not the same.