Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi to all,

Life seems to be a chain of good and challengeable moments. I had a good time when I was in Philippines, where I found the Urantia Book, then I had hard time to become able to return to United States, as the government there wanted a big sum of money to let me leave the country, then I have the most good time in years when I finally return to U.S to participate in my youngest daughter's wedding. Now I am having a really hard time in my relationship with my newly son-in-law.
Right now I am working not as pastor (I don't know if I will be back to pastorship again -- probably not); I am working as a live-in caregiver. But the agency that gives me work is giving only work to cover for other caregivers, I don't have a client full time yet, as I wish. So my income is still uncertain.
I would like you pray for this situation. Right now I have two uncertainties: income and place to live.
Please pray for that.

Jovalso

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

jovalso wrote:
Life seems to be a chain of good and challengeable moments

Well, my friend, we meet again. You do come up with some good honest, real world, down to earth, posts. Sort of the 'bare your Soul' types of posts. Very refreshing!

Isn't life just like that... a chain of good and challenge-able moments. Probably just what they ordered for us at the time of our birth on this planet.

You sound like a man of courage. So just hang in there, and have faith. If we follow our angels I'd bet life is not going to be easy for us. You must be following your angel pretty closely. I remember something I read somewhere in the UB... and it was that you are never given more to cope with than you can handle. Although I can tell you that sometimes I doubt my ability to over-come some of the life tests I'm handed.

So hang in there my friend. You are not alone.

My prayers are with you.
God Bless,
Bill

PostPosted:  

jovalso wrote:
Life seems to be a chain of good and challengeable moments

Well, my friend, we meet again. You do come up with some good honest, real world, down to earth, posts. Sort of the 'bare your Soul' types of posts. Very refreshing!

Isn't life just like that... a chain of good and challenge-able moments. Probably just what they ordered for us at the time of our birth on this planet.

You sound like a man of courage. So just hang in there, and have faith. If we follow our angels I'd bet life is not going to be easy for us. You must be following your angel pretty closely. I remember something I read somewhere in the UB... and it was that you are never given more to cope with than you can handle. Although I can tell you that sometimes I doubt my ability to over-come some of the life tests I'm handed.

So hang in there my friend. You are not alone.

My prayers are with you.
God Bless,
Bill

Oh, oh... a double post :-$

PostPosted:  

Yes, Bill, we met again.

Thank you for your response and encouragement. I hope I didn't sounded too "pitiable".
I do have, as you might have noticed, some philosophical questions, as I believe that our "philosophy" determines our behavior. But, I thought that I could use these space "Prayer and Offerings" to share a little of what is going on with me personally. I am aware now that I have an extended community to resort, the Brotherhood of Men and Women that is being built in Urantia. And I want, the most discretely possible, to use it.

And, yes, thank you for remind me about our helpers. They are so many, even to the Supreme and the Universal Father, both by himself through the personality circuit and through my Adjuster, is helping me. The uncertainties of this living are contrasted with the supernal certainty that the love o God never backs up on me, I can have it ministered to my life to the extent of my capacity to absorb it. So the uncertainties of living help me to broad this capacity to perceive and enjoy the infinite love of God for me here in Urantia, and on, in my ascending carreer.

About "being a man of courage", I beg to differ. I mean, I would like to have the life-courage I have seen in other people, but I don't. I am more of the type hard to take courageous initiative as I have seen people doing it, but if the circumstances do require I will stand for the principles I hold (at least I want), no matter what. So, I think I do have courage, but not that "initiative courage" but a "reaction courage".

Thinking better, any person, must have a little of "initiative courage", otherwise our lives would be wholy conducted by others. And yes, I did have some initiative courage in the past two years. That means that I can have it again and whenever is necessary. That is good.
One great thing about spaces as this, that you can share, and as you share, you put your thinking in perspective.

Thanks for the conversation, it helps a lot.

You are a very nice urantian.

Jovalso

PostPosted:  

Hello, friends,

I want to report that our prayers are been listening on high.

I found an affordable place to live and I am supposed to move in there on August 1st. It seems a good place with a good family.

So, that is one out of the list, please continue praying, so I can have more work. I know I will in time. But just for the record, put your prayers on the registry.

Love,

Jovalso

P.S.: My relationship with my son-in-law is getting better, at least from my side. I just confirmed an old truth: "You just can't worship God and hold a grudge against somebody". I can't stop worship God, so...