Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:54 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: prayer needed
PostPosted:  

Do prayers work? YES!! Been praying and working hard to heal...and with the help of everyone...and that includes all y'all here...I made a huge step..got one of my biggest wishes... went to my first study group since late November. It was amazing!!!!! I couldn't read but nobody minded at all..super sweet. Loved to listen and even got much of it in..and there was a peace that came over me...so wonderful. I got pretty choked up by all the love and support. Got really tired at the end...little crying episode trying to put my shoes back on LOL.. really funny how the brain works...was too tired to figure out how to simply tie my shoes HAHAHA...nothing more humbling than not being able to do simple things...good lesson... I learned patience and gentleness with myself...and I learned to receive help.. such an awesome blessing. Each challenge ends with amazing learning...and lately the realization every time..that I am loved by many..and that the Father is going through all of this with me..loving and carrying me the entire journey...feels so good..

The funny thing too... they were studying the purpose of affliction in paper 148...hahaha..great timing for my first group...super funny to me.

Doctors are saying I may not recover completely...so now I must pray for awesome creativity... feeling I can do it :mrgreen:

Blessings to all of you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

If anyone can do it...you can.
Remain gentle with yourself.

Peace

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

AMEN

You Go Girl ! 8)

With GOD Your Full of Potential an Possibilities ! :wink:

PostPosted:  

Hi girl...I hear alot of gratitude and humor in your voice...and isn't that what we need...one day at a time and I mua kakou...as we say in the island...we all rise together...Aloha

PostPosted:  

Greetings :-) and blessings to all.

Just wanted to let you know your prayers are working. I continue to work toward healing and am even having a gathering at my house on May 5th to celebrate Pato Banton being in town. Can't wait to go to his show!!! You know me...I'll be cookin' singing..playin' drums for the kids at my party...Lots of love and support around here helping me do things like this. :D :D :D Biggest blessing I got out of all this...all the love surrounding me..helping me get things done.

One really good memory out of a tough moment I must share. I had a serious episode a few days back and when I woke up...4 of my favorite kids sitting around me...in what one of them was calling a "love circle"....how blessed am I!!!!!!!

Big hugs and blessings to all.

PostPosted:  

Stay on the path....
Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Ya ever seen the bowling alley put up rails on the gutters of a lane so kids could play without going out of the lane...my path is like that...people surround me that are my bumpers ;-) I might roll toward the gutter here & there...but the bumpers keep me rolling toward the pins....

Many interesting challenges the last few weeks in my healing...but I guess no surprise kinda stuff....

Lots of love to everyone...won't be posting but..no worries...just off doing life...being blessed...doing what is right to heal....ya can catch me on Facebook if you like :biggrin: :biggrin: or maybe at one of the conferences....or at one of my amazing gatherings :biggrin: here in the beautiful Northwest....

Blessings to all on your journeys....sailing away on mine :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers to growing in peace....

PostPosted:  

Love your spirit dear and glad to hear you are feeling better...we just keep counting our blessings...Aloha

PostPosted:  

Be thou my vision,
O Lord of my heart,
Be all else but naught to me,
Save that thou art;
Be thou my best thought
In the day and the night,
Both waking and steeping,
Thy presence my light.

May Christ and His Saints stand between you and harm.
Mary and her Son.
Patrick with his staff.
Martin with his mantle.
Brigid with her veil.
Michael with his shield.
And God over all with His strong right hand.

May your past be a pleasant memory,
Your future filled with delight and mystery,
Your now a glorious moment,
That fills your life with deep contentment.

May your day be filled with blessings
Like the sun that lights the sky,
And may you always have the courage
To spread your wings and fly!

May the blessings of light be upon you,
Light without and light within,
And in all your comings and goings,
May you ever have a kindly greeting
From them you meet along the road.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
May the clarity of light be yours,
May the fluency of the ocean be yours,
May the protection of the ancestors be yours.

May dawn find you awake and alert, approaching your new day with dreams, possibilities, and promises.
May evening find you gracious and fulfilled.
May you go into the night blessed, sheltered, and protected.
May your soul calm, console, and renew you.

God bless the corners of this house and all the lintel blessed,
And bless the hearth and bless the board and bless each place of rest,
And bless each door that opens wide to strangers as to kin,
And bless each crystal window pane that lets the starlight in,
And bless the rooftree overhead and every sturdy wall.
The peace of man. The peace of God. With peace and love for all.

May your troubles be less
And your blessings be more.
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.

May the face of every good news
And the back of every bad news
Be toward us.

May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
Slow to make enemies,
And quick to make friends.
But rich or poor, quick or slow,
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

You've blessed me with friends and laughter and fun
With rain that's as soft as the light from the sun
You've blessed me with the stars to brighten each night
You've given me help to know wrong from right
You've given me so much, so please Lord give me too
A heart that is always Grateful to you.

May we live in peace without weeping.
May our joy outline the lives we touch without ceasing.
And may our love fill the world, angel wings tenderly beating.

Trad Irish Blessing

PostPosted:  

Thanks :mrgreen: Might not be posting much...lots to do...but just had to share...going to be at IC11 and hope I will see y'all there...so many friends wanting me to go...so..heading down to Utah in July with bunch of folks from the great Northwest O:) O:) Imagine...bunch of readers going down the road in a motor home...Nancy cookin' the whole way...smells of my cherry cobbler cooking..driving people in the cars behind us crazy...ah good times!!

Can't wait to see y'all..big hugs to come!!!

PostPosted:  

Thank you all for the spirituality.

"The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible."
Ram Dass

PostPosted:  

Greetings Castanet 8) :D O:)

I am honored that my thread was interesting enough to be your first…and so far only post…thank you :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: Very interesting quote. I always like to ask new folks on the forum about their reading of The Urantia Book,….was wondering….are you a reader…if so..how long…where did you find the book? :D Hope you are enjoying it as much as I do :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Hope you feel like sharing a little about yourself...always fun to hear about life of another reader... 8) :biggrin:
Don’t have much time to read or post these days…working much on my healing what can be healed and accepting that some injuries cannot heal..I must be creative and adjust to some cognitive damage…but with the losses came so many gifts of love..my life is so amazing…even though I suffer ptsd…my friends and family make me feel amazing every day. The local Urantia Book reading community here is awesome in their support of me and helping me heal…yay!!! Good friends!!!

What has helped me most is letting go…but not of wanting power…never needed/had that …had to let go of blaming myself..get now..with much help ;-) that it wasn’t my fault in any way … an iniquitous person committed a horrible crime…I just happened to be the victim…I let go of trying to figure out why it happened to me..why I was the one picked out of the crowd…lol…wrong place wrong time likely only answer hahaha.. So…in my case..didn’t have to give it all up..most was taken away from me by another…what I had to do..start working very hard to rebuild what was lost and focus on gratitude for what I could regain over time..and what I already had…which is the amazing love of my family, friends, community and the Father..

Here are some wonderful quotes from The Urantia Book that help guide my healing. Blessings to you and your journey….

2:6.3 The “richness of the goodness of God leads erring man to repentance.” “Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights.” “God is good; he is the eternal refuge of the souls of men.” “The Lord God is merciful and gracious. He is long-suffering and abundant in goodness and truth.” “Taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who trusts him.” “The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. He is the God of salvation.” “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up the wounds of the soul. He is man’s all-powerful benefactor.”

This quote reminds me that God can lead the person who harmed me so much to repentance…
It reminds me that God is here with me…healing me
It reminds me that God is abundant in goodness and truth…which means I don’t have to worry …God sees the truth :biggrin: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:
And most importantly…for me to be blessed…I must trust Him…and I do

103:2.7 Moral choosing is usually accompanied by more or less moral conflict. And this very first conflict in the child mind is between the urges of egoism and the impulses of altruism. The Thought Adjuster does not disregard the personality values of the egoistic motive but does operate to place a slight preference upon the altruistic impulse as leading to the goal of human happiness and to the joys of the kingdom of heaven.
This is a really important quote…it taught me that I was out of balance on the altruistic side of things…which led me often to being abused…now I understand that some egoism is necessary to the goal of human happiness and the joys of the kingdom of heaven….

131:1.5 God pours rain upon the earth, he causes the sun to shine upon the sprouting grain, and he gives us the abundant harvest of the good things of this life and eternal salvation in the world to come. Our God enjoys great authority; his name is Excellent and his nature is unfathomable. When you are sick, it is the Most High who heals you. God is full of goodness toward all men; we have no friend like the Most High. His mercy fills all places and his goodness encompasses all souls. The Most High is changeless; and he is our helper in every time of need. Wherever you turn to pray, there is the face of the Most High and the open ear of our God. You may hide yourself from men, but not from God. God is not a great distance from us; he is omnipresent. God fills all places and lives in the heart of the man who fears his holy name. Creation is in the Creator and the Creator in his creation. We search for the Most High and then find him in our hearts. You go in quest of a dear friend, and then you discover him within your soul.

This quote hold so many truths…so much valuable information…so blessed to read this book!!!

131:2.4 The mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon those who fear him and his righteousness even to our children’s children. The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his creation; he heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Whither shall I go from God’s spirit? whither shall I flee from the divine presence? Thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: ‘I dwell in the high and holy place; also with him who is of a contrite heart and a humble spirit!’ None can hide himself from our God, for he fills heaven and earth. Let the heavens be glad and let the earth rejoice. Let all nations say: The Lord reigns! Give thanks to God, for his mercy endures forever.

Reminds me that God sees it all….which is awesome for me!!! And…reminds me to rejoice O:) O:) for the Lord reigns.

190.5.4 ….That he will open the eyes of the spiritually blind and bring the prisoners of despair out into full liberty and light; that all who sit in darkness shall see the great light of eternal salvation. That he will bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives of sin, and open up the prison to those who are enslaved by fear and bound by evil. That he will comfort those who mourn and bestow upon them the joy of salvation in the place of sorrow and heaviness. That he shall be the desire of all nations and the everlasting joy of those who seek righteousness. That this Son of truth and righteousness shall rise upon the world with healing light and saving power; even that he will save his people from their sins; that he will really seek and save those who are lost.

He comforts me…..

Hey Coop :P
Just had to stop by and read your poem again…which is why I even saw new post…you rock as always!!!! Much love to you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And Tootsie…you give me so much strength!!! Love you sister.

Can’t wait till IC11….gonna squeeze the stuffin’s out of all y’all that attend. I’ve got several drivers taking me down to Salt Lake..should be a blast!!! So many friends to catch up with…super excited. Next week I am having my first real gathering since this happened. Pato Banton and his band will be here in Seattle on May 5th… and to honor their being here, I am having a huge party…3 chefs so tons of food..tons of love..lots of fun…weeee!!!!

Most important things I’ve learned…I am truly loved by many…God sees my heart and loves me through my most difficult times and, in fact, is sharing those times with me..I have learned that it isn’t the stuff that happens…it is what we do with it…what we learn from it..and how we move forward that counts. I may have lost things like being able to read out loud..write cursive…can’t even sign my name without serious difficulty haha..but what I gained was an everlasting attitude of gratitude (something I feed daily to keep growing)…appreciation for my life and an ability to walk in grace and patience that astounds friends and family. I learned that happiness…well sometimes it takes really hard work to get it back…so I am a workaholic on my healing ;-) Try hard every day….
So now….I hold my head up high…I know that I am walking in grace which feels soooo good…and that I am so very loved and supported….so grateful….what a gift ;-)

Isn’t it wonderful to have The Urantia Book…kinda like having an operating manual for life ;-)

Big hugs to all…and hope everyone is doing well.

PostPosted:  

144:5.2 Our Father in whom consist the universe realms,
Uplifted be your name and all-glorious your character.
Your presence encompasses us, and your glory is manifested
Imperfectly through us as it is in perfection shown on high.
Give us this day the vivifying forces of light,
And let us not stray into the evil bypaths of our imagination,
For yours is the glorious indwelling, the everlasting power,
And to us, the eternal gift of the infinite love of your Son.
Even so, and everlastingly true.

there's a whole list of prayers from other inhabited planets.

fishin'Mom wrote:
please pray for me....my heart is broken in a million pieces....don't know how I am going to get through this at all.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Rich O:)

Quote:
4:1.4 There is no limitation of the forces and personalities which the Father may use to uphold his purpose and sustain his creatures. “The eternal God is our refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” “Behold, he who keeps us shall neither slumber nor sleep.” “We know that all things work together for good to those who love God,” “for the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers.”

He is listening. :biggrin: Much Love

PostPosted:  

As part of my healing and heavy duty prayer time.. I spend much time studying. Here is one of my favorite quotes on forgiveness.

159:1.3 The Father in heaven loves his children, and therefore should you learn to love one another; the Father in heaven forgives you your sins; therefore should you learn to forgive one another. If your brother sins against you, go to him and with tact and patience show him his fault. And do all this between you and him alone. If he will listen to you, then have you won your brother. But if your brother will not hear you, if he persists in the error of his way, go again to him, taking with you one or two mutual friends that you may thus have two or even three witnesses to confirm your testimony and establish the fact that you have dealt justly and mercifully with your offending brother. Now if he refuses to hear your brethren, you may tell the whole story to the congregation, and then, if he refuses to hear the brotherhood, let them take such action as they deem wise; let such an unruly member become an outcast from the kingdom. While you cannot pretend to sit in judgment on the souls of your fellows, and while you may not forgive sins or otherwise presume to usurp the prerogatives of the supervisors of the heavenly hosts, at the same time, it has been committed to your hands that you should maintain temporal order in the kingdom on earth. While you may not meddle with the divine decrees concerning eternal life, you shall determine the issues of conduct as they concern the temporal welfare of the brotherhood on earth. And so, in all these matters connected with the discipline of the brotherhood, whatsoever you shall decree on earth, shall be recognized in heaven. Although you cannot determine the eternal fate of the individual, you may legislate regarding the conduct of the group, for, where two or three of you agree concerning any of these things and ask of me, it shall be done for you if your petition is not inconsistent with the will of my Father in heaven. And all this is ever true, for, where two or three believers are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them.”

Really love how this one starts out... we should learn to love... ah I like that... and forgive like we would want to be forgiven... and then.. it gives awesome detail on how to work with someone that hurts you... paper 159 has to be one of my favorites... so many good lessons in it...helping me grow indeed. O:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next