Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:03 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: prayer needed
PostPosted:  

Thanks Bart :-) prayer is working...can read about 20 seconds before I have to rest eyes again..but getting it :-) Thanks Coop...y'all always find the right thing to say...means the world to me right now.
Suffered severely traumatic incident beginning of December..left me with PSTD that slowly got worse until I saw doctors..by time I got help..already having seizing fits that tore up body and caused serious cognitive damage...been going to doctors constantly..argh..but mending.
I will ask y'all for a specific focus...pray that I will have images removed..and that my genuine desire for peace and a love walk for my life will be granted. I am all about love and mercy and want to stay on that path forever..it works best for me...please pray that I can continue to live that way as it is my truest nature. Pray that I will remember it is always in God's hands and because of this...all will be for the good.
and one selfish prayer...please pray that I can read better soon...want to go to a study group somethin' fierce...but am embarrassed that I can't read very well. I can type a book...but I can't even look over my own post LOL...so please forgive spelling etc... :oops: :P brain is a funny thing..what is working and not...well it is so hillarious...
Blessings to everyone

and as I leave this message..I'll think about the time Jesus found the fellow who left society..too much pain..healed him and returned him. Paper 130...ah yes..time to try and read again...maybe He will help me return too..holding out that faith...

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hey Fishin'Mom. :) I’m very sorry to hear you are in such bad shape right now.. Cognitive damage, PTSD, images (flashbacks?), Jz, what happened to you? I’ll really try to submit some (unselfish) petitions to God’s message board, for images to be removed and your comfort and recovery (even though he should know all about the problem)..

Anyhow, here’s an idea that may perhaps interest you.. Despite any cognitive (brain) dysfunction (or damage), your TA and your soul (personality) should be absolutely intact. :) So, it may be possible for you now, to gain some new insight into the relative nature of brain (matter), mind and spirit.. If so, please keep us informed.. :P

Just trying to cheer you up a bit.. ;)

All the best, sincerely, Bart

PostPosted:  

Hi ya gal...I support your prayers and know that God does too...wants the best for our susceptible physical form. Think of this...spring is on the way and fishing season will open and you can sit under a tree and throw you line in the water and all the cares of this world will wash down stream...

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

PostPosted:  

I second that...

You fisher-folk have a great way to relieve stress...just ask my son, who fishes every chance he gets. And he's the better for it, too! Maybe it's because he releases almost every fish, but he eats some, too. It's just that sitting by the moving water is so healing. And I pray that comes for you - more and more every day...

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

hi mom...just posted my face so I could send you a big smile...here's to a full recovery... O:)

PostPosted:  

thanks Tootsie :-) you are so beautiful :-)

Today...one very hard day...but with smiles like yours... I know I'll get better :D My small dream is to go to a study group again..my big dream is IC11...wishin' I could heal enough in time....would love to meet some of you in person and hug your stuffings out.
The book says a something good about being afflicted...being a genuine gift..that to be unafflicted is not blessed...something like that...so I'll look at this as a blessing..gift somehow building my character.

Today is a hard one...but I spent it reaching for the light...may not have gotten there..but I tried with all my might...staying on a path toward Him ...even though I'm crawling...and through the din of screaming pain...I can still hear Him calling.

PostPosted:  

fishin'Mom wrote:
... The book says something good about being afflicted...being a genuine gift..that to be unafflicted is not blessed...something like that...so I'll look at this as a blessing..gift somehow building my character. ...

48:7.14 MORONTIA MOTA 12. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.

3:3.2 The Universal Father is the only personality in all the universe who does actually know the number of the stars and planets of space. All the worlds of every universe are constantly within the consciousness of God. He also says: “I have surely seen the affliction of my people, I have heard their cry, and I know their sorrows.” For “the Lord looks from heaven; he beholds all the sons of men; from the place of his habitation he looks upon all the inhabitants of the earth.” Every creature child may truly say: “He knows the way I take, and when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” “God knows our downsittings and our uprisings; he understands our thoughts afar off and is acquainted with all our ways.” “All things are naked and open to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.” And it should be a real comfort to every human being to understand that “he knows your frame; he remembers that you are dust.” Jesus, speaking of the living God, said, “Your Father knows what you have need of even before you ask him.”

PostPosted:  

thanks Bart :D very helpful and kind to find the quote for me. Gettin better and I believe the love and prayers of all are working in my life. Got brave and talked with study group leader and she is going to help me get back into group reading..even if I can't read..I'll be able to get some of the book in by listening to others. :biggrin: :biggrin: Got my reading time up too..so I might be able to do more soon.
The realization that I have been given a gift is starting to sink in ...may be an incredible challenge...but I have found an amazing level of support, love and understanding in all that surround me....I am truly so blessed with much love in my life. One of the best things...my mom has said she loves me and is proud of my strength in surviving such a horrific crime. My mom is kinda...well let's just say she is a tough lady...to get her to say she is proud of someone....that takes some real work LOL. On a positive track of healing that is returning peace to my life. Going to be a rough year...but I'm ready now...I have a 5% chance of full recovery...I am bettin' I am in the percentile.....feeling the Father working hard in my life...through all my loved ones...ah nice!!!

Blessings to all of you and hope I can make it to IC11 so I can see y'all...many of my friends here want me to go so bad...even willing to rent motor home LOL...just to get me down there..sweet. Kinda unlikely...time to heal needed..but still praying and a hoping.

I have to tell you..the Urantia Book reading community up here..amazing, loving, supportive, kind, and filled with wise folks helping me through...amazing love...amazing community. 8) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: They keep me up and moving in the right way...so loving..they keep peace and love under my feet as I journey...they help guide my path...even coming to pick me up for events and taking me out to play....been just so wonderful...truest form of love. I am so blessed to have them in my life.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

It's really good to see you back and posting again fishin' Mom. We'll continue our prayers for your full recovery and for new insight and added strength. I'll bet IC11 could be a big boost for you if you're up to it.

Prayers and best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

Glad to see you thinking so positive...it helps for sure...

Could someone send me a link to the conference?

thanks..

PostPosted:  

Hiyah FishinMom 8)
ITs Good to Hear Good News from yah .
Am Still thinkin of you In My Prayers Daily .
Glad to See Your Being A Busy Bee .
Take it slow and Give Yourself All the Time
you Need To Yourself To Relax and Heal
And you Shall Be All that you are ment to Be .
I Thought you may Enjoy Some Relaxing
Music , To Help In Rest and some Peace in a Quiet Time.

http://www.relaxradio.com/

Their All Awesome But These Two Are My Favorites .

Mountain Meditations - Tibetan bowls and soft, synthesized landscapes help make Mountain Meditations the perfect backdrop for quiet contemplation - Joey Latimer

Meditations on the Redwood Coast - Healing Celtic harp music by Howdy Emerson recorded on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean - Howdy Emerson

BUT Beware , The Healing Celtic harp music
May Put you to Sleep ! LOL :shock:
Hope You Enjoy Em . :wink:

IN Your Service Tootsie 8)
IC'11 @ University of Utah - "Act Globally, Grow Cosmically"
University Guest House
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:00 PM thru Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:00 PM
http://www.ic11.org/

PostPosted:  

Hi all :-)

Just wanted to let you know I am doing better. I am able to read for over a minute without the blurry headache thing...nice. With a goal to travel this summer...I'm working hard to get well...working hard to stay strong...working hard to remain in forgiveness and peace while standing strong as a good citizen. It has been an interesting process to figure out how that works...but with good advice..I am moving forward with love and peace in my heart..and strength and duty in my actions...I am returning to me..Nancy..not victim..but strong woman with strong actions...and good cookin too LOL

I cleaned out my kitchen yesterday...restocked everything with fresh healthy fruits and veggies..back to raw food diet for me....gonna get into some self defense classes..good exercise..good socialization..discipline..all kinds a good reasons...

Love y'all and thank you for your help and support...this is a tough one indeed but I will learn much....
Today...back to doctors...seems like a constant deal there...but good chance today I will be stable enough to start fancy treatment that will advance my chances of survival greatly..wish me luck :-)
Next week...going back to focus on ppwk..justice etc..going to be loving and strong at the same time...make sure that strength is visible for all to see.

Blessings to all of you...can't wait to update you with good news....I am believing...it will happen. I'm gonna be in the 5% that make it.

PostPosted:  

Glad to see your positive spirit roaring back, Nancy...when God is for us, who can be against us?

PostPosted:  

atta way girl...love your positive ways...spring is on it's way...sure to lighten the heart... :wink:

PostPosted:  

Thanks Tootsie :-) Thanks Mary Jo :-) ya'll are strong women that inspire me and a smile comes to my face as I think of learning how to have that strength too. Keeping gratitude in my heart for what I have and peace and love in my daily walk..in all my actions...ah..feels nice.

Blessings everyone...thank you for helping. You have been truly loving and I deeply appreciate it. It brings me closer to the Father...it heals my soul..my world..my direction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next