Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:19 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: prayer needed
PostPosted:  

Aloha...Of course I clicked on the Morontia Mota....here's a few to brighten our day...from Paper 48.

13. Stars are best discerned from the lonely isolation of experiential depths, not from the illuminated and ecstatic mountain tops.

16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.

19. Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.

May God's light shine brightly on our paths today...

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

FM:

Still praying with you. Hope things are looking up, in general and (in particular) that your quicksand dries up soon. Just thought I'd let you Know . . . it doesn't seem to have affected your ability to help aothers! I sorta came here on the wrong foot it seems - and already experienced that self-righteous, condescension that tends to come your way when someone does NOT agree with your style. Sorta just let it slide. Didn't feel too comfortable with setting them straight (wasn't sure I could do it without lowering myself to thier level). Was feeling kinda down about it. Your post really brought me up this AM - helped restore my confidence (and perspective) a bit. Don't feel nearly as "battered" now. Thanks for the kind comments.

Tootsie:

Sorry I missed you last PM! I've been thinking I needed to touch bases with ya, girl. Thought I might've come accross a little like a know-it-all myself with you. Hope ya didn't think I was trying to "state the facts" to you. Just introducing you to my perspective, not trying to "correct" yours.

Love ya both, Jack--

132.0.4: " Never once did he even mention the flaws in thier teachings, he would select the truth in what they taught, illuminate this truth in thier minds, this effectively crowded out the associated error; . . . "

PostPosted:  

Hi Jack O:) keep it coming....I think you are awesome and fun....think it will be great having ya around. Me, doing better.....really comes and goes kind of thing at this point....but trying..and with my U.B. friends up here...can't stay down for long. I suppose I will have to fight some of the moods....sorry if I ever come off grouchy...I will usually figure it out and correct the post...but just in case....sorry in advance.

Last night was one of those...thank God I was alive to enjoy..nights! In the midst of all these problems...a night out with the U.B. gang up here was the fun and break I needed. Went out to dinner...sat right next to Pato Banton...I am a huge fan...he is so lucky I didn't crawl into his lap and start singing all his songs...know'em by heart. He spoke about his childhood and how tough it was....mine was very challenged too....made me feel like we had quite a bit in common. After a great meal...went over to the club he was performing at and danced the night away...right in front!!! If he only knew I used to perform and could have been that deep voiced back-up singer rounding out the back....but I got too shy to tell him....bummer. I've got some awesome pipes and it was a venue that would have been perfect for my smokey deep jazz voice...oh well...next time. :D His performance was amazing as always. I made a new U.B. friend...we have a ton in common...and she is really happy upbeat and playful....she is awesome...I don't feel so alone in my situation now. Wow do U.B. readers rock! One of the better memories for me...that is for sure. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My lesson here so far...pain hurts...but with help.... it can pass to better times.....just got to hold on...wait...it is around the corner...if I reach out for happy....it usually reaches back eventually. :biggrin: I really feel like if it were not for folks on this forum and the U.B. women that reached out to me here.....

Last edited by fishin'Mom on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:34 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

FishinMom:
Glad to hear you're faring better than last week or so! Hope your day is better every! Seems awful quiet on the board this AM, huh? Or . . . is it always patchy like this? I guess I just always expect there to be several people yacking on and on in a place like this. Or . . . maybe i just haven't figured out the board schedule of traffic trends, yet. Or both! See ya . . .

--Love,Jack--

132.0.4: " Never once did he even mention the flaws in thier teachings, he would select the truth in what they taught, illuminate this truth in thier minds, this effectively crowded out the associated error; . . . "

PostPosted:  

Hey Jack, and all,

I do hope you keep coming around...we do have some great folks here whose main purpose is as teachers, and they do it very well. We love them and encourage them. But it is not fun when the teacher raps your knuckles, and you didn't even know you were in class!

Don't worry - you'll find your way around soon enough...All's well...just stick around.

fishin mom - hoping you continue to feel yourself healing...so glad you got to spend time with Pato, he is an upper, for sure...

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Hey Mom...so good so see all your :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: today...boy what a gift seeing Pato was for you... :biggrin: He was suppose to come to the islands but think he canceled...I was really looking forward to being there and perhaps get a chance to talk with him about the UB...maybe he'll come...have to check his website...

and Jack...I sure hope you continue to post...I like your friendliness...comes through loud and clear...that is one of the problems with posting...and not having a face to face conversation...one can be miss understood...

Just came from Yoga...and that really uplifted my spirit and body...

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Super note Fishin'mom -- so glad Pato was there to help lift your spirits. It would be a real challenge to remain "down" around Pato. Okay, you've had your shy time... next time the opportunity arises you're gonna have to sing. How about a duet with Pato please.

Larry

PostPosted:  

I 2nd that motion.
:razz:

And record it!

Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Thanks everyone...thinking again about doing a kids album and companion book package. Would definitely like to get past performance anxiety and do something for my U.B. friends.....did perform for my party goers last september...was definitely fun.... I played drums, guitar, piano a little and sang....got the kids to kick in for back up...was sloppy but really fun. :P

Just got to add one of the best parts of the Pato concert....looking down from the balcony....seeing a young man open the Urantia Book for the first time...seeing that initial spark of interest, knowing he would be taking it home and possibly opening it again soon....wow...what a beautiful moment. He showed it to his date and to a couple of others around him....looked at it a little more before putting it away...I could feel something special there going on...a beggining. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pato is amazing....something in his eyes...so pure and happy...true and beautiful. My body is still jello from all the dancing....I must be out of shape :lol:

Have a wonderful day :D

PostPosted:  

MaryJo:
I'm not one to respond kindly to character assasination by those who THINK they're in a position to speak down to me. I really don't mind people disagreeing with me. I never learned much from anyone who agreed with everything I said, anyway. But . . . when the conversation goes from legitimate ctriticism to a personal attack on my integrity . . . well . . . they need to KNOW that I DO have two sets of knuckles. I really don't mind telling them on no uncertain terms, either.

Beyond that, I realise that I never really have any way to know what is going on in another persons' life. Thier reaction may just be a temporary attitude. Maybe they're just having a bad day, and need someone to take it out on. I'm learning to think on things for a while before I speak, though. And I sometimes come accross as being unforgiving (because I think too long before responding). I don't hold grudges well, though . . . and once I've said my piece . . . well, I'm pretty much done with it. So, I just hope I don't offend anyone . . . and ultimately, the only thing I'm FULLY convinced of is the Universal Fatherhood/Brotherhood of God/Man. I'm pretty sure we'll have to learn to get along with our own species before we can get along with all the rest of our fellow creatures. I'll probably not be rid of anyone who offends me anytime soon (eternity is a really long time), so . . . I probably just need to learn NOT to be offended as often, huh? Besides that, the more time they spend criticising me the less time they have to harrass everyone else.

Anyway, need to get off my soapbox, now. Hope you (and all listeners) are having one of those better than bestest days. See ya, soon!

8)

--JJ--

PostPosted:  

JumpinJack,

I'm sorry to see that you get so easily offended and are willing to carry your indignation for so long a time. Jesus taught us to “resist not evil treatment of one’s personality, evil injury to one’s feelings of personal dignity.” (1590: 03) He also said, " You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one’s belief. No man is at any time disturbed by his neighbor’s attitude when he has perfect confidence in the truth of that which he wholeheartedly believes." (146.3.2) And TUB tells us further, "If some one irritates you, causes feelings of resentment, you should sympathetically seek to discern his viewpoint, his reasons for such objectionable conduct. If once you understand your neighbor, you will become tolerant, and this tolerance will grow into friendship and ripen into love." (1098:01) It seems to me that you are intent on intolerance and even entertain violence.

You might recall that you arrived on this forum in a quite snit complaining about a whole host of things and in quite a frenzy. I was the first one to entertain you, introduce myself and answer your questions. My critique of your ridiculous idea about body snatchers and the plague was and continues to be justified. It was not a attack on your person or your personality; it was an attack on your idea. Hopefully, you can tell the difference. The reminder I gave you to take care about what you post is coming from a veteran poster. If you are so offended that you cannot take the advice of someone who might have more experience than you with these matters, then I can only feel even more sorry.

Last edited by Bonita on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:42 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Good Lord. How do we lowly mortals manage to get so uppity in such an all fired hurry?

PRAYER NEEDED

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Good Lord. How do we lowly mortals manage to get so uppity in such an all fired hurry?

Gerdean, all:

i appreciate that you asked this question.

for me it is usually a lack of fruitful living, that is, less than:

enduring peace
unfailing goodness
confiding trust

and, especially

forgiving tolerance

so, yes, time in prayer, thanksgiving and worship/service likely needed

thanks for this reminder.

fondly,
susan

PostPosted:  

Hi All,

Again, I have to re-iterate - this is an internet forum...we are faceless folks here. I know that none of us gets up in the morning intent on offending anyone, but on a forum such as this, it is very easy to get one's feathers ruffled by mere words, which is all we have here. Understand that our words carry undue weight here, and think before posting.

If we were in the presence of the others, it would be easy to see facial clues, body language, a smile, a frown...we would be better able to gauge the true intent of the speaker. We don't have that here. So, it is important to make the positive assumption that we are all here for the same purpose - the discussion of The Urantia Book. And inherent in that is the embracing of all - especially newcomers. Until we know for sure that someone is against us, or spoiling for a fight, we should assume that they are a kindred spirit. They may not be here for deep discussion, they may only be here for fellowship and for the joy of talking with and encouraging other reader/believers...for airing out what's on their mind - and that's enough of a reason to be here.

This board should be a friendly, welcoming place for all...please be careful with negative assumptions.

And for the newcomers - some of the folks on this discussion board are very seasoned, long-time readers who serve by teaching. They do this very naturally, and not by assignment or request. They enjoy deep discussion, detailed references, scholarly argument. This is very important, especially in light of the fact that our posts are subject to searches by non-readers who may find them instructive, and an avenue of introduction to The Urantia Book. There are several here who fit that description. And some can be both scholarly AND lighthearted. That being said, our forum members are no better and no worse than any other believer when all is said and done. We are all different personalities, and our interests and abilities are different. Everyone is valued here...

JJ, you are right - it is so important that we learn to get along with each other. I am glad that you have decided to let this slide, and not take things personally.

And Bonita, please let it slide also...let's evaporate any rancor, and love one another, as our Master has taught us to do.

Love to All,

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Thank you Maryjo,

I do not hold grudges, there is nothing to let slide. If you would please encourage the young man to avoid threatening a woman, or anyone else for that matter, with "two sets of knuckles" I would much appreciate it. I see such violent language to be against the teachings of Jesus and totally inappropriate for a Jesusonian forum. My concern is for the soul of this person who appears to be filled with anger and revenge.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next