Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: prayer needed
PostPosted:  

Had a really powerful experience yesterday that was an incredible faith builder.. a moment my prayer was answered clearly... just had to share... was praying really hard for direction... and into my head popped a very simple thing to do.. didn't seem to relate to the thing I was praying about.. but when I did it.. my prayers were answered.. lol.. loving the way the Father can be so direct :-)

Big ol' blessings to all.

131:4.4 With our hearts purged of all hate, let us worship the Eternal. Our God is the Lord of prayer; he hears the cry of his children. Let all men submit their wills to him, the Resolute. Let us delight in the liberality of the Lord of prayer. Make prayer your inmost friend and worship your soul’s support. ‘If you will but worship me in love,’ says the Eternal, ‘I will give you the wisdom to attain me, for my worship is the virtue common to all creatures.’ God is the illuminator of the gloomy and the power of those who are faint. Since God is our strong friend, we have no more fear. We praise the name of the never-conquered Conqueror. We worship him because he is man’s faithful and eternal helper. God is our sure leader and unfailing guide. He is the great parent of heaven and earth, possessed of unlimited energy and infinite wisdom. His splendor is sublime and his beauty divine. He is the supreme refuge of the universe and the changeless guardian of everlasting law. Our God is the Lord of life and the Comforter of all men; he is the lover of mankind and the helper of those who are distressed. He is our life giver and the Good Shepherd of the human flocks. God is our father, brother, and friend. And we long to know this God in our inner being.

Feeling this quote bigtime :biggrin:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thank you, Nancy...your post ministered to me tonight. We are having a worship service here in Denver on Sunday, and I was just sitting down here to look for a couple "worship" quotes - and here you are, and here's my quote...it is so beautiful. And so lovely that it is from Hinduism, as our service is billed as "inter-faith."

So nice to hear your experience...I have also been having some amazing evidences of God's all-sufficiency, all-love, all-direction, all-generosity - all-kindness - we need never fear.

Loveya fishin' Mom...thanks!

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

I am so happy for you and the quote is beautiful...I lay down my fears, ask for help and joy comes in the morning. I have noticed that I get inspirations in what I call the twilight zone...when I first awaken and haven't even opened my eyes yet...I turn my thought to God and dwell in the moment...and there it is...wow, what a good idea! and have learned to act upon such ideas...I think at that time my mind and soul are at rest and open to receive...

Aloha...Toots

PostPosted:  

:biggrin: It is a beautiful quote indeed. So much love in those words.. it moves me to read that God is my "strong friend"... really hits home. When I think of the values I hold most dear in a friend.. well God has all of them :mrgreen: So glad it was singing that beautiful song of truth for you :biggrin: Ah prayer.. what a wonderful way to worship and be in relationship with the Father.

Fishin' is good... hope all are blessed with much love.

PostPosted:  

Hey Nancy,

Patrick here. I think my son Sean & I met you at the UBTheNews conference in the summer of 2010.

Anyway, I wanted to convey my most sincere and heartfelt prayers and positive healing energy that I may. I hope you are doing much better and growing stronger, and it seems by your posts that you are indeed keeping the faith. You were an inspiration when we met and You are an inspiration now.

I too have bad days sometimes, I too have prayed on my knees and seen the prayer answered, I too have seen God's hand in the wind, I too have done many things in weekness that I should not have only to crave forgiveness, I too have done many things that inspired others to better themselves. Even though I remain limited by this material mind and body and by the horrors I have been exposed to, I will not succumb. With the sincere and loving help of my fellows, our unseen associates, Jesus and God himself, we will prevail in our quest to know Jesus and to know God.

Right now my son & I are going through the divorce from hell. 26 years. Not to change the topic, just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your suffering, you are not alone in your time of need, and there are indeed others who know and strongly relate to your sorrow and heartbreak, even if indirectly.

Oh, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

py

PostPosted:  

My prayers are with you. Hoping that this challenged time is met with great support and love from the Father keeping your spirit strong. Love is the great healing force to get you through.. it has been the only thing to heal me... and boy is it good medicine for any kind of suffering :D
My life has much joy in it these days as I am surrounded by love. Keep your heart open dear friend and healing will find you...
Much love to everyone and hope all are feeling blessed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6