Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Tsunami...
PostPosted:  

My prayers go out to all in danger from the Earthquake and pending Tsunami...due to hit the Hawaiian Island in 40min...I am safe at the 1000ft level...expect electricity/water to go out...Made a big pot of beans and filled the tub up with water :wink: ...I am the least of my concerns and sending peace and comfort to all who are involved...

Aloha and Peace to you...

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Tsunami...
PostPosted:  

Really glad to hear you are safe.....been thinking about all the Island folks and all along the Pacific....due to hit here too....me....lucky too...up at 350 ft. Friends on beach are holding out hope that waves will not pick up by the time they get here...hoping for somewhere under 7 feet over the wall....maybe get lucky and it won't turn in at all....you all are supposed to get it hard....good luck...I am praying for you and all you care about hard. Looking at the Chili aftermath...thanking God for what reinforced construction they did have....death count much less than it could have been.

Peace and Prayers

Good idea on get some yummy food done up for the ride and lots of drinking water :D

PostPosted:  

I've been out of touch w/the news until just a little while ago...absolutely amazing that more people were not killed.
Pot of beans, tub of water...good survival plan. And you Nancy? Ready for the lost power? Hopefully the damage will be minimal for all involved.

Peace...
...and keep us informed.

PS It is times like this that I can imagine a swirl of invisible activity surrounding all who are in need.

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Islands are supposed to see waves unseen since the 60's....that is going to be wild for sure. Up here...I can't even believe it is supposed to turn into our bay...they said it would on the news and I am supposed to see some flooding down the hill from me...but my electric comes from inland.....of course...just realized...power station is on tide flat off river mouth...uh...maybe I should gas up the generator afterall..

Going to look for my homeless buddy real quick and remind him to stay upland today...wish me luck....he is my only real concern up here....just got him talking again....need to get him some food before the road is closed.

prayers

PostPosted:  

Just heard...waves were only 3ft in islands...lets hope it goes as good up here...due in soon...but probably a ripple :D :D :D :D heading down to water here in a few minutes....

blessings

PostPosted:  

Hi...well it was like watching paint dry... :wink: Was pretty cool to watch the water being sucked out of Hilo bay....glad all is good...and the beans were delicious...wish we could have a virtual pot luck...what would you bring?

Hope your news is good too Mom...always good to review what we need in tough times...here the basics are spam, rice and toilet paper... :wink:

No...I am Mary, Jak

Thanks for your loving support O:)

PostPosted:  

Glad it wasn't any worse...the damage to other areas still coming in.

And Mary, thought you were tootsie (with the pot of beans and tub of water)...and Nancy was fishin mom. :-s
Sorry for the confusing post...hopped on and off pretty fast.

Peace and have a beautiful Sunday!
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Hi Jak...I am Mary aka Tootsie:~) with the pot of beans... :lol: